IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's the case,then when it was said they were pinging around town,maybe that's exactly what they were doing....mobile.Is this why they were searching trash cans,because a ping hit near one?Not saying it specificaly pinged on a trash can but in the vicinity and it was something not to be overlooked in a search pattern?Trash cans,dumpsters any place a phone could be placed.

But it doesn't make sense that a discarded phone would ping different locations when LE pings it because it sends back pretty much exact location within a few feet.

But it does make since that it would hit multiple cell towers. Sitting in one place.

OR

Someone could have been walking around with the phone, but after multiple pings why couldn't LE track them down if it sends pretty much exact location?

Honestly I don't know, just some thoughts.

Well perhaps RL meant he does walk around the woods but that doesn't necessarily mean he walks every square inch of it. I know farmers with many acres of flat fields who also own heavily wooded areas with treacherous ravines. They don't go back to the ravine areas unless they want to dump garbage, old equipment, etc. So yes, they may "walk" their ground but they stay out of the tricky areas if for no other reason than they don't want to slip and fall on their behinds and end up covered in mud or scratches from brush. Just IMO and what I have seen in my life:)
he has lived there for decades and decades and decades. it is also only 10 acres. my guess is RL knows his property and its terrain very well....he is probably better at navigating it than anyone else.

he has lived there for decades and decades and decades. it is also only 10 acres. my guess is RL knows his property and its terrain very well....he is probably better at navigating it than anyone else.

40 acres was reported.
And I agree toast, he probably does know it better than anyone else.
My only point is none of us can judge how easily he manages that terrain. Seeing a snippet for an interview does not make one a judge of health. IMO

Well perhaps RL meant he does walk around the woods but that doesn't necessarily mean he walks every square inch of it. I know farmers with many acres of flat fields who also own heavily wooded areas with treacherous ravines. They don't go back to the ravine areas unless they want to dump garbage, old equipment, etc. So yes, they may "walk" their ground but they stay out of the tricky areas if for no other reason than they don't want to slip and fall on their behinds and end up covered in mud or scratches from brush. Just IMO and what I have seen in my life:)

Totally agree. RL talks too much and he should have kept quiet a long time ago because he is being misunderstood. He gave interviews when he shouldn't have. JMO, but his current lawyer told him to be quiet which is his right when incarcerated.

To me, RL seems like he'd be a sloppy killer. I think he'd have left evidence that local FBI labs would have identified. Instead, they sent off a 2nd batch to Quantico.

I keep trying, but don't get much response. I'll try answering your sample questions as well as I can.
Unfortunately, I'm guessing the motive is the usual one in the abduction/murder of young girls. I've seen nothing to indicate that either girl was into anything illegal; they don't seem like the type who push people to the point of violence (they strike me more as people pleasers, but I could be wrong about that); I feel like someone involved with a gang would do something to make that at least somewhat obvious.

I have no link to a source, but I've heard that less than 1% of murders are committed by serial killers. I think the odds of one being responsible for these two may be higher than average because that number includes all murders - most done by someone the victim knows but not family or intimate relationships, many are done by family, boyfriend/girlfriend, exes, etc., many are gang related, and so many other types that don't fit here. I do believe that if the person isn't convicted of this crime, he will try again eventually. In my mind, if he isn't a serial killer, he probably will become one if given the chance.

Obviously, the deaths of Lizzy and Lyric seem similar (although we really have no idea if they are since we don't know the circumstances of either pair of actual murders). I thought Amber Hagerman seemed similar too, but all of the other girls are younger. I've found some others that seemed like possibilities, but don't have any other names handy right now.

Why Delphi? I think it was convenient at the time. It's a rather peaceful area, so people are/were more trusting and easier to deal with. It's a smaller town, so it wouldn't immediately have the same resources available to big cities (that may have turned out to be wrong, they got help in pretty quickly.)

I may not have any of the answers, but at least I have a few things for people to disagree with! All MOO

Wonderful post. IMO, I cannot look past how similar Lyric and Elizabeth's murders were to Liberty and Abigail's; specifically two young girls being found murdered in a wooded area in close proximity to a body of water and the dates the girls went missing are perfectly synchronized when written backwards: 7/13/2012 and 2/13/17.

If these two cases were not committed by the same individual(s), I believe whoever is responsible for the Delphi homicide was enthralled with Lyric and Elizabeth's case and inspired by their murderer(s).

Thats interesting because a LE ping should send back longitude and latitude for the phone. This is how they locate folks calling 911 on cell phones now.

Good point. What if the cell phone was underwater? Say it fell into the creek, perhaps in the female clothing that was reported in the water.

Might also explain LE gathering cell data from a cloud but also having (wet) a phone in possession.

Yikes, now I'm theorizing. Later gators.

I would imagine he does "know" the terrain pretty well as do most people who own ground. That does not mean that they traverse every bit of it. Maybe they take a look around the iffy spots that are swampy, dangerous, etc and are happy to let it go at that. I'm not sure what you are getting at. If it were me, I'd buy a drone to do a fly-by if I was curious enough to see every nook and cranny. That would be much better than falling down the hill into the drink... but then that's just me. IMO

I would imagine he does "know" the terrain pretty well as do most people who own ground. That does not mean that they traverse every bit of it. Maybe they take a look around the iffy spots that are swampy, dangerous, etc and are happy to let it go at that. I'm not sure what you are getting at. If it were me, I'd buy a drone to do a fly-by if I was curious enough to see every nook and cranny. That would be much better than falling down the hill into the drink... but then that's just me. IMO

Oh Maple love the drone idea!

So he said he used to walk his property all the time.

I just had a picture pop in my head of a jury doing one of those field trips to the crime scene and RL being asked to show everyone how he bops around his back 40.

And on a more serious note, watching the press conference again that I linked further up really is sombering.

But it doesn't make sense that a discarded phone would ping different locations when LE pings it because it sends back pretty much exact location within a few feet.

But it does make since that it would hit multiple cell towers. Sitting in one place.

OR

Someone could have been walking around with the phone, but after multiple pings why couldn't LE track them down if it sends pretty much exact location?

The phone/s pinged here and there around town, the phone/s even got searched in some bins, but there never was a public appeal to call in if the girls were seen around town at that same time. Obviously LE had some evidence early enough that the girls couldn't have been in town?

OR

IIRC the phone died around 5:30 and LE wasn't called until 5:30 so if LE pinged the phone it was already dead. MP reported that it was pinging around town but it was dead for hours before that interview.
IMO LE did not get a ping.

JMO

Wonderful post. IMO, I cannot look past how similar Lyric and Elizabeth's murders were to Liberty and Abigail's; specifically two young girls being found murdered in a wooded area in close proximity to a body of water and the dates the girls went missing are perfectly synchronized when written backwards: 7/13/2012 and 2/13/17.

If these two cases were not committed by the same individual(s), I believe whoever is responsible for the Delphi homicide was enthralled with Lyric and Elizabeth's case and inspired by their murderer(s).

Very much agree with this. Too close for coincidence. Copycat or another strike. Either way, profoundly chilling.

The phone/s pinged here and there around town, the phone/s even got searched in some bins, but there never was a public appeal to call in if the girls were seen around town at that same time. Obviously LE had some evidence early enough that the girls couldn't have been in town?

Correct thats why I think when the grandfather said "pinging all over town" he meant the phone connecting to cell towers and not a ping by LE.

Also see post #253.

Very much agree with this. Too close for coincidence. Copycat or another strike. Either way, profoundly chilling.

I thought it was interesting the FBI agent in the interview above said no indication of a SK type murder.

BUT I also heard for the first time the LE officer say "Chance meeting, possible but not likely" which I hadn't heard before. Someone double check me.

I thought it was interesting the FBI agent in the interview above said no indication of a SK type murder.

BUT I also heard for the first time the LE officer say "Chance meeting, possible but not likely" which I hadn't heard before. Someone double check me.

I remember hearing the same as you.

Thank you for this. I must have missed that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I get that part but after the 2:07 posting of Abby's picture on the bridge there shouldn't be any other pinging to further towers as this is where the crime happened very quickly according to LE right?
That is a very good point Peace. Hadn't thought of that. Only explanation is if perp took the phone and/or one of the girls with him disposing of it later and bringing last girl back to CS via cemetery under cover of search .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper