IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not agreeing or disagreeing but I would imagine any pictures Libby didn't immediately upload would have been done so after the fact by relatives. Not sure if they have done so on their own SM or not or if they would even be thinking of that. Just a thought.
I just thought they had to be more pics before the bridge pic.

And check out anyone who's ever been arrested in these parts in the past 20 years.. vagrancy, loitering, drugging, etc etc wouldn't hurt. Whoever killed these girls knows these trails, IMO.

I think you are right. Though the murderer could be "semi-local" as in from the larger urban area, or from a deeper rural area, my bet is that statistically, he once lived in the immediate area. At the end of the day, I dont think the area attracts many people who are not local.

"Local",however, can mean living in the area, or having once lived in the area. If the killer is local and still living in the area, I think he would have been identified by now.

If the killer had once lived in the area, I think the police need to do the extensive criminal records search you described for even minor offenses, and also tap local institutional memories regarding "bad news people" whose criminal records may not truly reflect who they are.

For example, a student at my high school could be identified by his formal criminal record as a low level shoplifter / stolen property "fence". A retired teacher or probation officer familiar with him, however, could add that his criminality at the age of 17 went deeper than that and included accusations of arson, deliberate cruelty to siblings, and sexual abuse of a relative.

Active or retired police, teachers, clergy and youth sports coaches would be good sources for institutional memory as they may know more about past residents than the official records state.

Pretty soon I'm going to have to count on my other hand how many times 59 has had to retract their statements and/or LE States 59 was incorrect in their published reports. And of course when 59 reports incorrect info, the other media Outlets merely copy it as it seems that's what many journalists to do these days.

SMH

For whatever it's worth, they made no retractions on this particular matter.

Kerri Cavanaugh, vice president of news for Fox 59 and CBS 4, said, "We stand by the interview."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...riff-clarifies-reports-dna-evidence/98351378/

Good Morning all!

Been lurking more than contributing now~~but~~IIRC that may have been in the article that talked about closing the parking area right by the brick house.

This may or may not be related, but I thought I would put this out there because it happened about 2 hours away from Delphi.

A young girl was attacked by 2 men in a Forest Preserve in New Lenox IL.

JOLIET – Forest Preserve District of Will County police are asking for the public’s help in identifying two men who are wanted for questioning in connection with a recent incident on the Old Plank Road Trail in New Lenox.

http://www.theherald-news.com/2017/...f-suspects-in-old-plank-trail-attack/axp5yy2/

I'm not sure this would fit BG's apparent victim of choice: The men in this case attacked a 21-year-old woman.

From the article in quoted post:
"The incident occurred at 6:15 p.m. Sunday, when a 21-year-old woman told police she was approached by two white men in their 20s near the entrance to a path that connects the Old Plank Road Trail to the Hickory Creek Bikeway east of Schoolhouse Road."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think his coat is bulky because he has a sweatshirt under it no I do t think he has a bunch of stuff under there
outside of maybe having a firearm in his jacket pocket i don't think he is concealing anything inside his jacket either.

I do not think he was there to attack anyone.
One thing let to disaster.
"disaster", that is the same word RL used....

i don't think BG was there to attack anyone either, and that things just kept escalating with the end result of a double homicide.

Please could I ask my USA Friends what you class as Local. Is it

1 Mile Radius
5 Mile Radius
10 Mile Radius
15 Mile Radius

Especially those that live in a small city or town that have small Villages/townships I really don't know what you would call a village in the USA. :-(

KR
Reacher
Not sure where you are from, Reacher, but the US is very spread out and people routinely drive what would be considered a long distance in other parts of the world. It's not at all unusual for someone to drive over 20 miles for work, entertainment, shopping, etc., and if you have lived, worked, shopped in several nearby areas you could certainly be very familiar with and knowledgeable about a pretty broad area. So yes, depending on the person and area, even 20 or 30 miles away might be considered local. I think it depends more on an individual's familiarity with an area as opposed to a set distance. Someone who drives a taxi would probably consider themselves local to a much broader area than someone who lives, works, and shops within a small area.

I would consider myself local as much as 30 miles in one direction but far less in the other direction because I've lived and worked in several areas in the one direction, but have never even driven through some of the close small towns in the other direction.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"disaster", that is the same word RL used....

i don't think BG was there to attack anyone either, and that things just kept escalating with the end result of a double homicide.

These are my words not RLs.
Disaster ,,,tragedy.
Hard to really find a word to describe it

I'm not sure this would fit BG's apparent victim of choice: The men in this case attacked a 21-year-old woman.

From the article in quoted post:
"The incident occurred at 6:15 p.m. Sunday, when a 21-year-old woman told police she was approached by two white men in their 20s near the entrance to a path that connects the Old Plank Road Trail to the Hickory Creek Bikeway east of Schoolhouse Road."

With all due respect, do we know BG's victim of choice? Do we know if he specifically targeted the girls? What we don't know, is if this was a crime of opportunity. We each have our speculations, but we don't know for sure. If BG was there for a female victim, age would not matter. IMHO.

With all due respect, do we know BG's victim of choice? Do we know if he specifically targeted the girls? What we don't know, is if this was a crime of opportunity. We each have our speculations, but we don't know for sure. If BG was there for a female victim, age would not matter. IMHO.

Hence, my use of the word "apparent."

I pointed this out because your post said "a young girl" had been attacked, so I read the article. A 21-year-old is a woman, not a young girl. That's all. MOO

Just my opinion here....but I believe they are related and he has actually gotten much more brazen (mirrored date is important)...broad daylight and leaving them in a ravine which allowed him time to leave scene (and possibly town and/or state). Just a way to show he is in control and police cannot catch him....

My opinion of course

That is what I think too. I don't even think the IA girls were his first murders but likely his first pair which gave him confidence to attack another pair.

Just my opinion here....but I believe they are related and he has actually gotten much more brazen (mirrored date is important)...broad daylight and leaving them in a ravine which allowed him time to leave scene (and possibly town and/or state). Just a way to show he is in control and police cannot catch him....

My opinion of course

That's a good point. I'm open to the idea the cases are related and like hearing why people think it's the same perp. I'm sort of in the middle. Wouldn't be surprised either way.

Hence, my use of the word "apparent."

I pointed this out because your post said "a young girl" had been attacked, so I read the article. A 21-year-old is a woman, not a young girl. That's all. MOO

Duly noted...LOL

I'm an old fart~~so 21 is a young girl to me...LOL :D

I have a 20 Y/O and she is still a young girl to me...LOL

Please could I ask my USA Friends what you class as Local. Is it

1 Mile Radius
5 Mile Radius
10 Mile Radius
15 Mile Radius

Especially those that live in a small city or town that have small Villages/townships I really don't know what you would call a village in the USA. :-(

KR
Reacher

When I lived in a small midwest town, 15-30 mile radius was considered local. A towns person was from that same town.

In these small towns you often have to drive to go shopping, etc. My mom used to routinely drive me to Lafayette several times a week. I feel like we were always on the road driving somewhere.

Age would matter IF there was a sexual component to the case.

When I lived in a small midwest town, 15-30 mile radius was considered local. A towns person was from that same town.

In these small towns you often have to drive to go shopping, etc. My mom used to routinely drive me to Lafayette several times a week. I feel like we were always on the road driving somewhere.

I am15 miles to the nearest store. I know what you mean. I live in a state where we identify ourselves by county, not town name. So I would consider local to be anyone in that county and possibly those on the county line.

Hi All,
I finally signed up after lurking on and off for awhile.
I've seen some discussion about the cell phone pings for Liberty's phone.
My question is about the possibility of the suspect's cell phone assuming that he had one and it was on.

If you know the area and time, is it possible/legal to try and identify cell phones based off pings?

Hi All,
I finally signed up after lurking on and off for awhile.
I've seen some discussion about the cell phone pings for Liberty's phone.
My question is about the possibility of the suspect's cell phone assuming that he had one and it was on.

If you know the area and time, is it possible/legal to try and identify cell phones based off pings?

Welcome to WS!

:welcome:

Yes, it is possible. LE can do a tower dump.

http://www.crypto.com/blog/celltapping/

o

I can't make head nor tail of the scanner thread. I think that you have to be a scanner to understand them.

I think those that have been transcribing the files have been doing a great job of making the transcripts very accessible and understandable. Try reading the actual transcripts and ugnoring the periphereal stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina