DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please could I ask my USA Friends what you class as Local. Is it

1 Mile Radius
5 Mile Radius
10 Mile Radius
15 Mile Radius

Especially those that live in a small city or town that have small Villages/townships I really don't know what you would call a village in the USA. :-(

KR
Reacher

I'd go so far as to say 20 miles.

I would add, my alma mater, Purdue University, is very close by in West Lafayette. It literally brings tens of thousands of new students (and their family members) into the area each year. Many students drive from campus to Monticello to enjoy the lakes and Indiana Beach (amusement park). To do this many take the "back road" route of SR 25 to US 421.

Also, despite being an out-of-state student and therefore not a "local" myself, I had friends from Delphi, Flora, Monticello, Americus and spent time enjoying hiking trails in all of those towns for a number of years. That's what drew me to this case. I used to hike / canoe in the area.

<modsnip>

I think in this case, the BG's prey was female not necessarily teenage female. I think this predator just took whatever female(s) happened along that day as his prey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Today is reported in Austria and Germany a double homicide has been solved.

2014 a french girl-student has been murdered in the middle of the night at a trail in Kufstein, next to the river „Inn". The trail is under level of street, so potential passing car drivers wouldn´t have a view to that trail. The girl was slayed and later on police scuba divers found the „killing tool“ an automotive jack from a truck or huge SUV in the Inn. Fragments of DNA were found. A sexual motive was assumed, but not fixed surely by evidence.

In January 2017 in Freiburg a jogging woman has been raped and slayed. LE confirmed that DNA in Kufstein and Freiburg is from the same perp.

Many web sleuths in the German Forum „all mystery“ assumed that the perp. could have been a truck driver, because both killings took place on Sunday (when truck driving is forbidden), both crime scenes were near exits of a highway (were trucks are parking during Sunday), and in both cases the „killing tool“ was an iron rod.

LE did the very right, they build a potential case with a truck driver and checked all „highway charges data“ for trucks of the relevant day in Kufstein. When they got it, the next step was, to find a match between „highway charges data“ of Kufstein and those types of trucks, which use that special automotive jack, found in the Inn. And they also used mobile phone "log-in data“ of the relevant time in Kufstein and I think in Freiburg.

Yesterday a forty year old Romanian truck driver has been prisoned and a quick DNA test showed his DNA fits to both crimes. He is the killer !!

When I would be LE in Delphi, I would search for following „data mixture“:

a) construction crew member (working in Delphi or near Delphi for a minimum of two weeks or more)
and
b) fishing license for the creek (don´t know if you need a fishing license in Indiana, in Austria you would need it).

I would check all bed&breakfast, where construction crew members usually live and ask the companies for the working schedule (who had „free time“ on 13th of Feb. at least at 2:30 pm).

Why ? It´s my gut instinct. BG imo wears some kind of "working bag" round his belly. Round his neck I see something that might be protection goggles. On the photos and how the crime flow has been, I "read" a kind of "physical self confidence", I know from physical hard working people.

You know what! how ever clever technology is the two cases I am interested in both are relying on CCTV or /and Mobile SM and photo technology . I actually still can't get my hat on that the young UK Airman and for all his phones pings and pongs has not been found alongside the terrible murder of Abby and Libby where voice and photo/video have been found. Both cases appear to be struggling and I am just wondering are LE struggling because common sense isn't prevailing and They are relying to much on digital instead of instinct. Just throwing it out there.

KR Reacher

I think that you could be right. With all they had it was thought that BG could be caught quickly especially with the FBI involved but it just seems to have run out of steam. I am looking into this Gymnastic coach that has recently admitted to 2 trail assaults, one last year and one this year. Seems he likes to pounce on females on trails so you never know.

Hi All,
I finally signed up after lurking on and off for awhile.
I've seen some discussion about the cell phone pings for Liberty's phone.
My question is about the possibility of the suspect's cell phone assuming that he had one and it was on.

If you know the area and time, is it possible/legal to try and identify cell phones based off pings?
Could phone pings have prompted the BB ROAD search?

"If you know the area and time, is it possible/legal to try and identify cell phones based off pings?"

In Austria and Europe it´s definitely possible to have a look on techncial network protocol data, which mobile phone number at which time was signed in which mobile communication tower.

But in rural areas telecommunication towers could have a quite huge range, so a wide area could be covered by only one "tower".

And LE can get this data, due to a judge order. As I know network architecture in other countries should not differ so much in order with international telecommunications regulations.

Yes, great points. It is so disturbing the the case remains unsolved with so much evidence available essentially immediately. I never thought we would still be here almost 4 months later without any real progress. I know 4 months is not long for the average case but most don't have this kind of evidence right away.

I'm leaning toward it not being completely random but am not convinced of a retaliation motive. I'm thinking that BG knew they would be there but not necessarily that they know him or expected him to be there. Could have been a stalking situation, followed on social media, etc. Maybe that is somewhat "wishful" thinking in that there would be more opportunity for a trail to link BG there. After this long, that isn't necessarily looking promising, I suppose.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I know.

Something I am thinking about tonight is the lone perp versus a duo, based on some speculation from recent posters, and how it came to be that the person(s) crossed paths with the girls.

There is the catfishing angle, for sure.

It's also possible the girls, and the relative who dropped them off, were sighted and overheard on the way to the bridge. Did they stop at a convenient store or restaurant before heading to the bridge? I know the chauffeur relative has shared this with the investigators, but none of it has been shared with reporters and the public, so anything in this regards is speculation.

I agree, there was predation here. As time goes by, whether is was a stranger killing or a personal attack, these girls were stalked.

I do wish another presser would be held to give an update, at any rate, of the progress of the investigation.

I know.

Something I am thinking about tonight is the lone perp versus a duo, based on some speculation from recent posters, and how it came to be that the person(s) crossed paths with the girls.

There is the catfishing angle, for sure.

It's also possible the girls, and the relative who dropped them off, were sighted and overheard on the way to the bridge. Did they stop at a convenient store or restaurant before heading to the bridge? I know the chauffeur relative has shared this with the investigators, but none of it has been shared with reporters and the public, so anything in this regards is speculation.

I agree, there was predation here. As time goes by, whether is was a stranger killing or a personal attack, these girls were stalked.

I do wish another presser would be held to give an update, at any rate, of the progress of the investigation.

Strongly agree

What was the nature of the attacks he was involved in? Has a motive been shared? Just wondering about any similarities.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Big City posted the links a page back. No SA it appears to be assault but victim got away. He has pleaded guilty

I think they're two different trails. Old Plank Trail and Illinois Prairie Trail. MG has coughed to two on the Prairie Trail, one of which was last year. Did L and A do gymnastics? I think he may have done some coaching at the University of Illinois. I think it was the state holiday in Illinois for Lincolns birthday on the 13th but I will check. LE should certainly look at him IMO.
Just adding the confirmation it WAS a state holiday in Illinois on 13th Feb.

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

I still haven't found one case of a man 75+ who randomly chose two girls out on a hike and thought hey, I think I'll murder them today even though I have no history of crimes against children/young teens.
Yes. Seems this case is exceptionally unique. Possibly a first.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Is anyone here familiar with the True Crime Critique podcast? They are tweeting that they are going to discuss the Delphi girls on tonight's podcast, but I've never heard of this particular podcast.

This was a BOLD crime to go after two victims. You wouldn't think a novice would do that so I am sure LE is looking at single victim crimes that share this signature - whatever that is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. Could BG be someone who has experience/training in managing crowds of people or some authority in a field that does? I.e guards, LE, etc etc. This guy seemed very calm and direct in his voice from what little we hear of it. JMO

I think those that have been transcribing the files have been doing a great job of making the transcripts very accessible and understandable. Try reading the actual transcripts and ugnoring the periphereal stuff.

Yes, a giant thank you to those who have taken the time to transcribe and make it understandable for the rest of us. Your work is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Seems this case is exceptionally unique. Possibly a first.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

The case itself is not a first nor exceptionally unique as it is often thought to be linked to a very similar case.

And there are definitely many cases of child murders by serial killers.

Is anyone here familiar with the True Crime Critique podcast? They are tweeting that they are going to discuss the Delphi girls on tonight's podcast, but I've never heard of this particular podcast.

They are asking people to donate to the reward fund. Considering the size of it, I thought that was a bit odd. MOO

Could phone pings have prompted the BB ROAD search?

IMO, I have never been able to rightly understand the statement by Libby's step GF, who she lived with, about the phone pings. Plenty of folks here have tried to help me understand the triangulation of cell phone pings (and thank you). What I can't wrap my head around is how soon he shared that info. Help?

The case itself is not a first nor exceptionally unique as it is often thought to be linked to a very similar case.

And there are definitely many cases of child murders by serial killers.
every murder is unique. it is only thought to be linked by some. i certainly see absolutely no connection to the iowa cousins. police seem to be hinting more towards a local in the delphi case than a SK .

whoever did it was very familiar with the area. i can't see someone just passing through responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler