IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, I have never been able to rightly understand the statement by Libby's step GF, who she lived with, about the phone pings. Plenty of folks here have tried to help me understand the triangulation of cell phone pings (and thank you). What I can't wrap my head around is how soon he shared that info. Help?
i believe he shared it by early evening on the 13th if i remember right. i always wondered how he was able to track the phone pings so quickly. i would have thought that would have taken some time by going through the cell phone carrier. given that he is the adult and libby the minor the phone number and account was probably in his name. i would not even know where to begin to learn where my phone pinged today. anyone...how did MP get that info so quickly?

every murder is unique. it is only thought to be linked by some. i certainly see absolutely no connection to the iowa cousins. police seem to be hinting more towards a local in the delphi case than a SK .

whoever did it was very familiar with the area. i can't see someone just passing through responsible.

Toast!! Again, quote me properly please. The OP said: Seems this case is exceptionally unique. Possibly a first.

To which I responded:The case itself is not a first nor exceptionally unique as it is often thought to be linked to a very similar case.

And IMO it isn't exceptionally unique because there were two girls who were killed and found in a similar setting--that's all I was pointing out.

I've been on the someone familiar with the area train since day one. And I honestly have not researched the other case enough to even have an opinion.

They are asking people to donate to the reward fund. Considering the size of it, I thought that was a bit odd. MOO

Groups are calling for that on SM, too. IMO, if someone hasn't called in by now, the reason has nothing to do with money. The reward is huge.

IMO, I have never been able to rightly understand the statement by Libby's step GF, who she lived with, about the phone pings. Plenty of folks here have tried to help me understand the triangulation of cell phone pings (and thank you). What I can't wrap my head around is how soon he shared that info. Help?
Wasn't it Tobe that said something similar?He was interviewed while sitting in his car? I'm prolly mistaken.

Groups are calling for that on SM, too. IMO, if someone hasn't called in by now, the reason has nothing to do with money. The reward is huge.
Agreed. The reward should have been capped long ago. Continued money could go toward the families, memorials, etc. The reward isn't going to be the motivator and if it is, it isn't going to work if it continues to grow. Jmo.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I don't know for sure but it makes most sense to me that the info that early on came from a "track my iPhone" or other type of GPS app that the grandfather would have had immediate access to with it being a shared family line. I assume it showed her phone "all over town" and others described that to mean it could have just been pinging between the few towers in the area- not the the actual phone was in those exact areas.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

i believe he shared it by early evening on the 13th if i remember right. i always wondered how he was able to track the phone pings so quickly. i would have thought that would have taken some time by going through the cell phone carrier. given that he is the adult and libby the minor the phone number and account was probably in his name. i would not even know where to begin to learn where my phone pinged today. anyone...how did MP get that info so quickly?
IIRC the interview with MP was up to 6 hours after they were reported missing (he mentioned the phone was dead and that was 5 - 6 hours ago.). If he wasn't using a "Find My Phone" type app, the first things police do is work through the carrier to send a ping to the phone. Finding that it was dead they would get a tower report with the owner's permission ( MP) and find out where it pinged. Without power, the phone would not be sending any GPS data.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4224810/Two-bodies-search-missing-13-year-old-girls.html

I agree. Could BG be someone who has experience/training in managing crowds of people or some authority in a field that does? I.e guards, LE, etc etc. This guy seemed very calm and direct in his voice from what little we hear of it. JMO
He probably was on a power trip because the only way he can feel powerful is by bossing around young women who he apparently hates and killing them makes him feel like a big man imo. Really he is a poor excuse for a man if he has to make himself feel manly by killing innocent girls.

I was in Delphi yesterday. We sat on the town square for 30 minutes. during that time we counted 37 individuals that could pass as viable persons of interest. Classed as such by age group, gait, and clothing style. The town is not a "small town", 3000 people. Posters were on several windows. The access to the bridge were gated, posted and locked. I say these things to say that I gained alot of respect for the Police Dept. in facing the horrific task in locating the killer. This town is as vanilla as a town could get.

He probably was on a power trip because the only way he can feel powerful is by bossing around young women who he apparently hates and killing them makes him feel like a big man imo. Really he is a poor excuse for a man if he has to make himself feel manly by killing innocent girls.

I think it is about control, but with a darker motive than just getting girls to follow his orders.

I've never believe the "phone pinging" statement...the cops never said it as far as I know so I think it was a misunderstanding in communication. Maybe the investigators said they would check for pings then described how the pings would help. There wasn't enough time to traverse to different ping ranges in the known time frame. Now one explanation could be it was abby's phone which has never been explained where it was or if it was recovered. But I could have mixed up a couple details, I'm forgetting.

I was in Delphi yesterday. We sat on the town square for 30 minutes. during that time we counted 37 individuals that could pass as viable persons of interest. Classed as such by age group, gait, and clothing style. The town is not a "small town", 3000 people. Posters were on several windows. The access to the bridge were gated, posted and locked. I say these things to say that I gained alot of respect for the Police Dept. in facing the horrific task in locating the killer. This town is as vanilla as a town could get.

I would call a town of 3,000 a small town.

i lived in towns of under 500 most of my life. so Delphi didnt feel small. It didnt feel small as we drove around.

I've never believe the "phone pinging" statement...the cops never said it as far as I know so I think it was a misunderstanding in communication. Maybe the investigators said they would check for pings then described how the pings would help. There wasn't enough time to traverse to different ping ranges in the known time frame. Now one explanation could be it was abby's phone which has never been explained where it was or if it was recovered. But I could have mixed up a couple details, I'm forgetting.

We don't even know if Abbie had a phone. My grandchildren didn't have smart phones when they were 14. They had simple cell phones that they could ring and be rang on or texted.

i lived in towns of under 500 most of my life. so Delphi didnt feel small. It didnt feel small as we drove around.

500 would be to me a small village, not even a large village which is below a town.

Well...I cannot answer for "pings" BUT I would like to bring up Life360 which is a free tracking app that my family and several other families we know happen to have on our phones. You can set alerts when the phone moves in and out of your home range. For example, my phone chimes when my husband drives into our neighborhood. You can look to see where the people in your family... or group... are [at least you can tell where the phone is]. It is very accurate. I could literally drive to the location where the phone is. It is scary accurate. Just IMO and in case anyone is curious.

We don't even know if Abbie had a phone. My grandchildren didn't have smart phones when they were 14. They had simple cell phones that they could ring and be rang on or texted.

That is all my husband and I have now. We have never had a smart phone in our fam.

The most likely scenario is that the 911 communications center and/or LE (though the 911 centers have direct numbers to the right people with the phone companies) obtained information about the last known pings from the phone and the 911 center through the carrier may also have tried to ping the phone. This information could have been shared with MP by LE though I don't know what level of detail LE would provide to him.

If you listen to scanners you will at some point in time come across an on-going situation where LE is attempting to locate a person by their cell phone and the 911 center people are the ones working with the carriers to either get previous location information from the phone contacting the cell towers or by the carrier sending a ping to find that phone. Where I live you would hear this kind of thing about once a week or so.

I feel the same way; his actions were his way of being "big and bad". In reality...what a pathetic coward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member