IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it was RL who said he went to lafayette. the fish trip was on the first day. on the second day he said he went into town (delphi) and when he returned he learned that they had found the girls deceased. however, i take anything he says with a grain of salt as he is not always truthful. if he tried to mislead LE i don't know why he wouldn't try to mislead the public and press as well.
What exactly did he mislead LE about ? Do we know that ?

Thank you Area52 for your quick reply! I found another reference I'll add to your post.

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...rty-where-bodies-of-indiana-hikers-were-found

In video at :50 (with his pretty horse) he tell his alibi, buying fish and returning home at 6:30.

Also from article:

"He told Inside Edition that he has an alibi, saying he was buying tropical fish at the time of the murders.

I was not home during the time all this was happening, I was in Lafayette and I didn't get home until 6:30 in the evening and the neighbors stopped and asked permission to look back here for the girls,” he said."

I'm sure the first thing LE did was confirm his alibi. If he lied about being at the fish store, I think he would be in jail on obstruction of justice, not a DUI.

he walked the woods "day and night" prior to the murders. i think he could have made it through the terrain just fine. he had no problem walking the property and its rough terrain when he was with reporters

RBBM

Is there a link to this statement about walking around at night? I'm curious if it was current, or did he mean years ago. TIA.

Are we sure the copters were flying nearby before he left for town?

No, we aren't sure. There's a facebook video of the copter flying around the location. It also shows cop cars parked monitoring local roads etc. It's been awhile since I watched it tho, so I don't know the exact time frame. And I don't know what time RL left that morning. Just ASSuming there was activity going on that morning that he could have noticed. :)

WS is cool. Someone will come along and fill us in.

I sure wish LE or RL's attorney would say his alibi checked out so I can tear up my recipe card with his name on it. #clearRL

Abby was on the bridge and photo uploaded at 2:07.

I am not a Snapchat user, but on other SM you can upload photos. Meaning the photo could have been taken sooner than the 2:07 posted time. Looks like it had filters, and they may have taken time to take several photos and then select which one to post before editing and finally posting.

We know the cell phone was pinging all over town. We don't know the times of those pings, do we? Is it possible they planned to meet someone in a vehicle, walked a bit, took the photos, then posted to Snapchat from the vehicle or another location?

I also wondered about reception and wifi/data out there. Would they have been able to use Snapchat from that spot?

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I am not a Snapchat user, but on other SM you can upload photos. Meaning the photo could have been taken sooner than the 2:07 posted time. Looks like it had filters, and they may have taken time to take several photos and then select which one to post before editing and finally posting.

We know the cell phone was pinging all over town. We don't know the times of those pings, do we? Is it possible they planned to meet someone in a vehicle, walked a bit, took the photos, then posted to Snapchat from the vehicle or another location?

I also wondered about reception and wifi/data out there. Would they have been able to use Snapchat from that spot?

RBBM

Some of our members went to the site and all reported good reception, IIRC.

he walked the woods "day and night" prior to the murders. i think he could have made it through the terrain just fine. he had no problem walking the property and its rough terrain when he was with reporters

He is definitely a strange man, Burnt Toast. Why the investigators have permitted this examination of him by the media, without a purposeful effort to exclude him from the crime with a proverbial exclamation point behind it, I don't know. On the other hand, repeated articles in the media have quoted the investigators as saying he is not a suspect.

It reminds me, the world is not looking at this case, and only here is RL still being considered.

Anyway, thanks, everyone.

No, we aren't sure. There's a facebook video of the copter flying around the location. It also shows cop cars parked monitoring local roads etc. It's been awhile since I watched it tho, so I don't know the exact time frame. And I don't know what time RL left that morning. Just ASSuming there was activity going on that morning that he could have noticed. :)

WS is cool. Someone will come along and fill us in.

I sure wish LE or RL's attorney would say his alibi checked out so I can tear up my recipe card with his name on it. #clearRL

The video I watched was after the bodies were located. (At least that was my understanding.)

ETA: Not sure I ever had a RL card but if I did I'd have moved it to the back of the pack after the reports of girls clothing being seen by the photo journalist. That reinforced my belief that it was a sexually motivated crime.

He is definitely a strange man, Burnt Toast. Why the investigators have permitted this examination of him by the media, without a effort to exclude him without a proverbial exclamation point behind it, I don't know. On the other hand, repeated articles in the media have quoted the investigators as saying he is not a suspect.

It reminds me, the world is not looking at this case, and only here is RL still being considered.

Anyway, thanks, everyone.
I think he is an old man who is set in his ways and had the spotlight put on him, unfairly imo, allowed searchers, LE and media access all over his land and then finally on the advice of his lawyer, stopped being so open and trusting as he just kept dropping himself in it with every word he said. MOO.

I'm sure the first thing LE did was confirm his alibi. If he lied about being at the fish store, I think he would be in jail on obstruction of justice, not a DUI.

You're right. The obstruction of justice charges were dropped as part of his plea deal. Also note this article confirms RL kept his truck across the road on Mear's property.

http://wane.com/2017/04/03/owner-of-delphi-property-where-teen-girls-found-dead-visited-dump/

"Logan’s plea agreement stemmed from a 2014 incident of operating a vehicle with a blood-alcohol level over the legal limit. Under his probation, Logan was not supposed to consume alcohol, have access to any vehicles or commit a new criminal offense.

Logan admitted to breaking those terms by drinking alcohol at a Pizza King in Americus, having access to his vehicle across the street from his house, and driving to the Carroll County Transfer Station on Feb. 13.

By pleading guilty to the charge, Logan will not face additional charges of false informing and obstruction of justice. When asked if the two dropped charges were related to the Delphi double homicide investigation, Bean said he couldn’t comment."

we don't know what time he left home. we do know that he was at the dump prior to noon.
Dump trip was morning Day 1. Copters were Day 2. Going to go mix myself a rum and coke now. This case is baffling with no more info from LE. Thanks ALL for your ideas shared here!

Anyone recall it being determined whether that last lone house on the private drive was occupied or vacant during crime time?
I thought someone said it was a home where it was like seasonal. But it's way far back and I'm not sure orbit was about this specific location, but I remember it. Anyone else?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

I thought someone said it was a home where it was like seasonal. But it's way far back and I'm not sure orbit was about this specific location, but I remember it. Anyone else?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

I remember a discussion about snow birds, but I think it was a guess, not known fact. moo

I will never call a legal right "not cooperating" so will just have to respectfully disagree here.

There is a difference between obstructing justice, (a crime) and not cooperating (remaining silent) And yes, according to the law in the U.S, it is a right! It is part of the Miranda law, which entitles everyone who is arrested the right ​to remain silent, and not speak to any law enforcement officials.. You don't have to cooperate with the police. It is your right under the law. Hope this helps you to understand

Generally, obstruction charges are laid when it is discovered that a person questioned in an investigation, other than a suspect, has lied to the investigating officers. However, in most common law jurisdictions, the right to remain silent can be used to allow any person questioned by police merely to deny answering questions posed by an investigator without giving any reason for doing so. (In such a case, the investigators may subpoena the witness to give testimony under oath in court, though the witness may then exercise their rights, for example in the Fifth Amendment, if they believe their answer may serve to incriminate themselves.) If the person willfully and knowingly tried to protect a suspect (such as by providing a false alibi) or to hide from investigation of their own activities (such as to hide their involvement in another crime), this may leave them liable to prosecution. Obstruction charges can also be laid if a person alters, destroys, or conceals physical evidence.[SUP][1][/SUP]Obstruction charges may also be laid in unique situations such as refusal to aid a police officer, escape through voluntary action of an officer and refusing to assist prison officers in arresting escaped convicts.

Some of our members went to the site and all reported good reception, IIRC.

Thank you! Hard to keep track sometimes with the voluminous posts.

Do we know the timing and location of the cell phone pings?

The idea that the phone could be in those woods yet ping in so many different places doesn't make sense to me. Why would cell phone pings hold any water in any case if it is common or normal for the locations to be all over the board?

As to the 2:07 SC, I just wanted to point out the possibility that the photo was taken earlier than that. It doesn't mean they were on the bridge at 2:07, necessarily. Seems nitpicky, but with this tight time frame, maybe not.

I agree with ya until the next day Tuesday. There was a helicopter flying near his property and multiple agencies searching. Seems he'd have seen/heard the activity as he got ready to leave. TY
Even so he wouldn't have even guessed the outcome. No foul play was even suspected by LE so why would anyone else suspect that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV