IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #62

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to say I'm so happy so many more tips are flowing in! I thinl they LE did the right thing here and I'm proud of Delphi and all of its people. God bless them. And all of you for doing great sleuthing here tonight!!!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Just want to say I'm so happy so many more tips are flowing in! I thinl they LE did the right thing here and I'm proud of Delphi and all of its people. God bless them. And all of you for doing great sleuthing here tonight!!!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Even in my questionable pessimistic state, ITA :)

There is still the possibility that LE found additional camera footage that was used in conjunction with this witness. Perhaps they got a better picture of his eyes which they used along with Libby's video which shows the lower face proportions. The witness could confirm additional footage or stills photos from the area.

The fact that there was some time frame before the person came forward really makes me wonder what the encounter was; did BG try to abduct her or more? That might have bearing on why she was reluctant to sit with artist. The emotions may have been fear but may have been reasoned fear. She may have had a serious encounter with him. I really don't think the witness just casually saw him on the trail or somewhere briefly. If the encounter was brief and without incident I would not think LE would be so sure of the details of witness memory for the sketch. I have wondered if the witness possibly saw him cleaning up afterward, that would be traumatic when the news of the crime came out.

RSBM

MOO: In addition to causing fear of coming forward, trauma might also lead to someone 'blocking' the memory without realizing it. Maybe the memory didn't come back to the witness until later.

This isn't exactly an example of trauma being the cause of blocked memories, but there have been times when I've been super-deeply depressed and have forgotten significant things that happened (or information that I learned) during that time. I don't have the greatest memory to begin with, but this is way more than my normal level of forgetfulness.

Example: During one of my 'very low points,' a long-distance old friend of mine told me in an email that she was pregnant. When I had contact with her again months later, I was taken completely by surprise that she'd had a baby! She told me about her earlier email, but I had zero recollection of it. I searched through my emails, and sure enough she'd sent me that email and it had been marked as read. And I'd even flagged and archived it! :waitasec:

I don't know if this is an OFF THE WALL THOUGHT or not. Maybe the police did not mention earlier that they had a witness (who could ID the murderer), because it was for witness protection...that person being the key witness. I'm not so sure that the witness was female, either. Probably a woman, though, because she would be more apt to have her senses peaked at seeing an unknown male near her on an isolated trail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Indeed, I think the funky answer of "we want to know who he is" to "do you know who he is" is just a simple way of avoiding saying "we have no freaking clue who he is!"

Or maybe it's LE's way of saying they "think" they know who he is but want to be really sure they "know" who he is. To me, it's like they're saying they think they know, but they want someone who recognizes him to identify him so that they can be sure. IMHO

well, i have an idea on who this guy looks like but i cant say since we arent allowed. almost identical really

JIMMY DUVALL. is his name and I am so fed up right now I want to turn Websleuths off.

We are a sleuthing site. Let's use common sense, shall we?

Jimmy Duvall has been discussed and discussed and discussed and discussed. Not just here but everywhere on the Internet.

DON'T YOU THINK THE POLICE KNOW WHO HE IS AND IF HE WAS THE PERP HE WOULD HAVE BEEN ARRESTED OR AT THE VERY LEAST THE POLICE WOULD SAY HIS NAME AND TELL EVERYONE TO BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR JIMMY DUVALL?

THINK ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would the police put out a sketch and not say his name? Wouldn't it make more sense for the police to say "Hey everyone in the world we need to find Jimmy Dale Duvall help us." YET, the police have not said his name. Could it be because he has been eliminated?

Don't the police have his DNA????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Jimmy Duvall has no business being free. He is a dirtbag who was convicted of raping a child. He is disgusting. He was sentenced to 45 years but got out early. Go figure.

Don't you think this guy would be on the top of LE's list of suspects?

I am really tired of people trying to get around by being cute and clever trying to talk about Jimmy Duvall when I have respectfully ask you not to discuss Duvall. Instead I would like you to concentrate all your skills and try your hardest to find the perp.

So you win. Discuss Jimmy if you want I'm sure LE will not be reading here any more on this case to get ideas.

If you want to discuss someone who the police are totally aware of his identity, where he lives, what he has done, and play like the police are not saying his name for some God knows what reason then be my guest.

If you want to sleuth him use an actual picture and made DAMN SURE it is the right Jimmy Dale Duvall which is his legal name. DO NOT TAKE PICTURES FROM FACEBOOK OR OTHER DISCUSSION SITES.

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Indiana/Unsorted-IN/Jimmy-Dale-Duvall.20303474.html
http://law.justia.com/cases/indiana/supreme-court/1989/23s00-8807-cr-00650-4.html

DO NOT POST PICTURES OR RUMORS FROM FACE BOOK OR REDDIT OR ANYWHERE ELSE.

Anyone who brings a comment over to Websleuths from another forum gets a long vacation.

Attachments

• Jimmy Duvall.jpg
    Jimmy Duvall.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 124
noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
Websleuths is better than that.
Ack. I don't want this to be a free for all.

ETA have a diet soda or two or three and reconsider :D

JIMMY DUVALL. is his name and I am so fed up right now I want to turn Websleuths off.

We are a sleuthing site. Let's use common sense, shall we?

Jimmy Duvall has been discussed and discussed and discussed and discussed. Not just here but everywhere on the Internet.

DON'T YOU THINK THE POLICE KNOW WHO HE IS AND IF HE WAS THE PERP HE WOULD HAVE BEEN ARRESTED OR AT THE VERY LEAST THE POLICE WOULD SAY HIS NAME AND TELL EVERYONE TO BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR JIMMY DUVALL?

THINK ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would the police put out a sketch and not say his name? Wouldn't it make more sense for the police to say "Hey everyone in the world we need to find Jimmy Dale Duvall help us." YET, the police have not said his name. Could it be because he has been eliminated?

Don't the police have his DNA????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Jimmy Duvall has no business being free. He is a dirtbag who was convicted of raping a child. He is disgusting. He was sentenced to 45 years but got out early. Go figure.

Don't you think this guy would be on the top of LE's list of suspects?

I am really tired of people trying to get around by being cute and clever trying to talk about Jimmy Duvall when I have respectfully ask you not to discuss Duvall. Instead I would like you to concentrate all your skills and try your hardest to find the perp.

So you win. Discuss Jimmy if you want I'm sure LE will not be reading here any more on this case to get ideas.

If you want to discuss someone who the police are totally aware of his identity, where he lives, what he has done, and play like the police are not saying his name for some God knows what reason then be my guest.

If you want to sleuth him use an actual picture and made DAMN SURE it is the right Jimmy Dale Duvall which is his legal name. DO NOT TAKE PICTURES FROM FACEBOOK OR OTHER DISCUSSION SITES.

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Indiana/Unsorted-IN/Jimmy-Dale-Duvall.20303474.html
http://law.justia.com/cases/indiana/supreme-court/1989/23s00-8807-cr-00650-4.html

DO NOT POST PICTURES OR RUMORS FROM FACE BOOK OR REDDIT OR ANYWHERE ELSE.

Anyone who brings a comment over to Websleuths from another forum gets a long vacation.

noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
Websleuths is better than that.
Ack. I don't want this to be a free for all.

What I am hoping for is our members will come to their senses and realize this is not the way to go.

Don't worry. I won't let it become a free for all.

Yes, I saw it on ABC news and also World News Tonight with David Muir

I'm really pleased with the publicity the sketch has got. I just hope everyone (law enforcement, the media etc) can keep momentum going so he can be found. I wonder if the sketch will enable an FBI profile to be released publicly soon if it would help at all.

Im focused on that bulbous nose. It looks like a "boozy" nose. They type people get when they chronically drink too much.

And the flatcap. I dont see flatcaps where i live, guys wear ballcaps. Unless super common in that area, that cap is a standout to me.

And that nose...

Like I said before, the sketch (and description) looks like every body. Everybody except women and men who are: teens/young adults; old; tall; short; skinny; obese; Black/ Hispanic/ Asian/ Mid-eastern; albino; blue eyed; cross eyed; missing an eye; as well as men who are bald or who have white, red, black or blonde hair, face tattoos, scars or piercings or sharp facial features.

It eliminates a lot of men. I was once told that these sketches are used exactly for that reason - to eliminate people - but not to be so exact that if the perp ends up not looking much like the sketch, the defense attorneys can't badger the witness to a pulp.

Generally, the guy looks like this but not exactly like this.

Im focused on that bulbous nose. It looks like a "boozy" nose. They type people get when they chronically drink too much.

And the flatcap. I dont see flatcaps where i live, guys wear ballcaps. Unless super common in that area, that cap is a standout to me.

And that nose...

If you read the news releases for that day, LE states that "the hat may not be accurate" and they remind the public to please focus on the facial features, rather than the clothing, etc...

What I am hoping for is our members will come to their senses and realize this is not the way to go.

Don't worry. I won't let it become a free for all.
I'm so happy you posted this!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Like I said before, the sketch (and description) looks like every body. Everybody except women and men who are: teens/young adults; old; tall; short; skinny; obese; Black/ Hispanic/ Asian/ Mid-eastern; albino; blue eyed; cross eyed; missing an eye; as well as men who are bald or who have white, red, black or blonde hair, face tattoos, scars or piercings or sharp facial features.

It eliminates a lot of men. I was once told that these sketches are used exactly for that reason - to eliminate people - but not to be so exact that if the perp ends up not looking much like the sketch, the defense attorneys can't badger the witness to a pulp.

Generally, the guy looks like this but not exactly like this.

Informative to me that the sketch is used to eliminate people. Wonder what % of the US population that would leave that met the height, weight, hair color, beard (many men shave), etc.
The hair color I thought was a big indicator--reddish brown is less common. The sun could have made it look redder I suppose. No help here. Just musings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for finding and sharing this, it gets me 'back in the groove' with this case, along with some other great posts since the sketch was released.

I'd be scared, too, and I don't scare easily. People not from within a certain distance from where this happened (I live about 120 miles from there), must understand how spooked we were in the weeks afterwards. I'm an avid hiker, too, and a place like that beautiful spot would attract me to it, as I love the outdoors, and abandoned railroad stuff is right up my alley. That community has been shattered by these horrible crimes. Just imagine coming across this creep mere minutes or maybe an hour before these two girls were murdered, and how you'd feel about coming forward with information after finding out what he had done.

Switching gears, members are, again, going after RSO's in that area. Come on, people. You don't think LE hasn't already checked them out. even gotten alibis? I'm tired of threads being locked down over pure conjecture, dragging names through the dirt, etc.

Bridge Guy (BG) must be laughing his tail off, at some of the posts related to this case, and yes I do think he's among us on Websleuths. Either as a member, or, perhaps more likely, as an observer. I hope that BG's anxieties have been raised, due to the sketch and 1,000+ tips. I just wish that members would try to quit chasing rabbits down rabbit holes. I believe this sketch will start jogging some memories, maybe some folks will start connecting some dots.

I pray for an arrest/resolution to this case, soon.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members