IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_h...e3373c6a2.html

Leazenby said he wouldn’t get into specifics of the tip, like where and when the man was seen, but said the person basically said, “I have this information to share. I think I saw the individual involved

RL as the "new" person with information makes a lot of sense to me, so does the possibility RL picked this person up hitch hiking when he shouldn't have been behind the wheel at all.
I have often wondered what LE meant when they said RL wasn't cooperating with them and I personally think this could be why.
I think RL lied to LE then he lied to the media and told the world he knew nothing about the girls going missing when he knew for a fact there was a man matching that description in the area because he had picked him up that afternoon and given him a lift back to town or to a nearby town.
If RL knew there was a chance he might get charged and go to prison for admitting to driving disqualified perhaps he decided to keep quiet in the hope it would all just go away, which obviously didn't happen.
I don't really know but that scenario makes sense to me particularly if you consider it might have taken RL a while to calm down and get over his own predicament but has now come to his senses and helped LE with a description.

It is difficult for me to make the jump of LE lying to the public in a double homicide death penalty investigation.

It is difficult to envision BG brutally murdering two precious young girls and, at least one of them was able to valiantly fight against her attacker(s), then walking away and up to the road to bum a ride with a gentleman who happened along shortly after BG left two dead bodies on the gentleman's property.

Why would the murderer(s) trust RL not to report it immediately? Who plans to kill two girls and hopes to catch a ride away from the murder scene?

I see no benefit for RL to make any such confession. He does not get out of prison nor receive a lighter sentence. RL has no reason to fear being the snitch since he basically is in protective custody. Maybe if he had a sense of duty to the two girls and their families and his community, then he might but I don't think he is considering those matters. Maintaining ownership of his prime Deer Creek real estate may be of greatest concern to him.

I was really upset by the sketch when I first saw it, because to me the person in it looks kind. I kept thinking the person looked familiar too, and it finally hit me - he reminds me of Winnie the Pooh. :scared:

I'm not crazy I promise. Excuse my pointless rambling.

The RL being the witness theory is making a lot of sense to me as well. I still feel really sorry for the man though.

I feel especially sorry if he is NOT the right man, or if innocent men resemble this image.

True. Three. Maybe all 3 of them got a close look. But upthread there were some postings that quoted LE as saying someone was afraid to come forward at first, so I thought maybe there were more witnesses ltr on. LE is 'pretty confidant' of the sketch so they must have some pretty good witnesses.
I'm not sure that DNA paragon would be accurate enough.
Throwing this thought in...I betcha BG considered attacking the woman on the trail but thought she would put up too much of a struggle or was too close to other people.
Imagination going again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder if more witnesses might come forward, might feel more confident and assured.

JMO

I wonder if more witnesses might come forward, might feel more confident and assured.

JMO

This is an important point. Witnesses are probably scared spitless. LE needs to communicate something to assure them of anonimity and safety.

The droopish eyes looked quite a bit older than 30, but not having gray hair, maybe under 50.....? Speculating only. Going with 40ish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Theres was a sketch of a man wanted in NY. It looked like he was fourtyish. He was arrested. He was only twenty yrs.

I was really upset by the sketch when I first saw it, because to me the person in it looks kind. I kept thinking the person looked familiar too, and it finally hit me - he reminds me of Winnie the Pooh. :scared:

I'm not crazy I promise. Excuse my pointless rambling.

The RL being the witness theory is making a lot of sense to me as well. I still feel really sorry for the man though.
Winnie th Pooh LOL?

It is difficult for me to make the jump of LE lying to the public in a double homicide death penalty investigation.

It is difficult to envision BG brutally murdering two precious young girls and, at least one of them was able to valiantly fight against her attacker(s), then walking away and up to the road to bum a ride with a gentleman who happened along shortly after BG left two dead bodies on the gentleman's property.

Why would the murderer(s) trust RL not to report it immediately? Who plans to kill two girls and hopes to catch a ride away from the murder scene?

I see no benefit for RL to make any such confession. He does not get out of prison nor receive a lighter sentence. RL has no reason to fear being the snitch since he basically is in protective custody. Maybe if he had a sense of duty to the two girls and their families and his community, then he might but I don't think he is considering those matters. Maintaining ownership of his prime Deer Creek real estate may be of greatest concern to him.

Agreed.

We already have a rough timeline of what RL was up to that day, just another Monday in a single, elderly man's quiet life in rural Indiana, a guy trying to obey probation rules, but not doing an exceptionally good job at it. He went to a dump. He did some other errands. Probably a typical Monday for him, until the search for Abby and Libby started that night, and the next day started to morph into a double-homicide investigation on one of his properties. He talked to the media, and that's where things really went bad for him.

RL got caught up in this through no fault of his own, per se, and it sucks that two beautiful girls were left for dead on his property, land he's owned since the 60's and some he's purchased in more recent times.

switching gears...

I was going to expound more on the above, but had a flash.

Where's the white truck that was towed from RL's property?

Agreed.

We already have a rough timeline of what RL was up to that day, just another Monday in a single, elderly man's quiet life in rural Indiana, a guy trying to obey probation rules, but not doing an exceptionally good job at it. He went to a dump. He did some other errands. Probably a typical Monday for him, until the search for Abby and Libby started that night, and the next day started to morph into a double-homicide investigation on one of his properties. He talked to the media, and that's where things really went bad for him.

RL got caught up in this through no fault of his own, per se, and it sucks that two beautiful girls were left for dead on his property, land he's owned since the 60's and some he's purchased in more recent times.

switching gears...

I was going to expound more on the above, but had a flash.

Where's the white truck that was towed from RL's property?

he also said during his sentencing 'this wouldn't be happening if they weren't on my property'..or something to that effect.
I think the cops wanted to keep him on ice in case evidence poped up implicating him

I am a day behind so, forgive me if I am beating a dead horse here. However, I want to (gently) say something that may or may not be helpful.

I keep seeing posts about the hat, similar to the comments previously made about the jeans. I feel like the rest of the clothing has also come under microscope as well. Comments about how those types of hats (newsboy caps or “golfers hats”) would never be worn on a younger man/southerner/someone from this century, etc. I honestly feel that comments like this can be both misleading and even a little dangerous to the solving of the crime. (“Oh, that COULDN’T be Jim Bob because he’s from Kentucky and people in KY don’t wear those kinds of shirts…” when, in fact, it was Jim Bob all along.)

Our country is no longer as insular as it once was and fashion is the biggest form of globalization. We all share and wear trends from across the globe and certain items are constantly coming back in style. That type of cap, for instance, is immensely popular at the moment. The hipsters have kind of taken it on as an unofficial statement item, for one thing, so it makes sense that it would also end up in thrift stores. When you donate to your local Goodwill and Salvation Army store, those items don’t necessarily stay there-they might be shipped to three states away. So clothing literally moves.

I live in the south (Kentucky), went to college in the south (Nashville, Tennessee), and have a second home in the deep south (southern Georgia) and I see clothing identical to BG’s (including the cap in the sketch) every time I leave the house. I also travel for work and have seen cowboy boots in New York City, overalls on the Santa Monica Boulevard, glittery “club wear” in Sedona, and see-through mesh tops from the 80s at Wal-Mart (along with everything else under the sun).

My long-winded point is that I think it’s difficult to eliminate someone or classify/profile them based specifically on items of clothing that could, frankly, be found almost anywhere. If there was something specific about the clothing (tags, emblems, patches, logos, certain kinds of stains) then that would totally be a different story.

In an earlier post I talked about the time I was asked to provide a police rendering in a similar situation. They used a similar kind of cap because it showed the tufts of hair at the side and didn’t shadow his face.

Which tweet is it? I've watched her latest video posts and I didn't hear her say that.

[video=twitter;887816655836938240]https://twitter.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/status/887816655836938240[/video]

Which some of us have thought for some time, thanks for sharing.

My take was, and is, the video is from the "selfie cam" on her phone, taken over her shoulder, which explains both the resolution and the shakiness (to use a stupid term I came up with), of the images.

Libby is one of the heroes, in all this. "Presence of mind" is an understatement, she and Abby sensed something was wrong, at the Southeast end of the bridge, that day.

They'd been there, how many times, before, and not seen something like this. Especially on an unusually mild (for winter in these northern states), Indiana February day.

Agree. On the image thread Websight also came to that conclusion after realizing the gait in the images didn't line up perfectly. IIRC there was quite a bit of discussion at the time about it and Websight put in a lot of time lining up the frames to give a better feel for the sequence of his steps.

What I am surprised to hear is the reporter making the comment as if it's been known for awhile. I don't recall LE ever mentioning the fact before.

Which some of us have thought for some time, thanks for sharing.

My take was, and is, the video is from the "selfie cam" on her phone, taken over her shoulder, which explains both the resolution and the shakiness (to use a stupid term I came up with), of the images.

Libby is one of the heroes, in all this. "Presence of mind" is an understatement, she and Abby sensed something was wrong, at the Southeast end of the bridge, that day.

They'd been there, how many times, before, and not seen something like this. Especially on an unusually mild (for winter in these northern states), Indiana February day.

*Full disclosure*

I know/knew people who came up with digital photography, in its early stages. Eastman Kodak company ca. 70's and into the 80's. "Knew" as in they are now deceased, "know" as in they are still with us, and I keep in touch with some of them.

The grainy/blurry images of BG scream to me "Selfie Cam!!!", but I could be wrong. I've worked in the optics field, on military-grade optics. My hunch is this great girl Libby used the selfie cam on her phone, to record BG, which might explain the poor quality, but again, she had the "presence of mind" to at least record this creeper on the bridge, that day.

Selfie cams are of a poorer quality than the cam most-used on a Smart or I-Phone, the resolution just isn't there.

Myself and others have theorized from early on that she took the video over her shoulder (thank our lucky stars), and MOO is she was trying to make it appear that she was just screwing around on her phone, looking at it, straight on to the screen.

JMO, as always...

Is today the day? Lets all say a prayer at 12:00 noon. Regardless of the time zone we live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member