IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we aren't supposed to talk about JD so remove if not allowed please. I've been following but first time posting. <modsnip>

Met in a BAR was mentioned as a possibility by someone upthread. MAYBE?? Since the police said they are 'pretty confident' that the sketch is accurate, I'm going to guess that several people saw him in a bar somewhere. And they all corroborated (right word?) the sketch.
I don't know if they would go with one witness account unless she/he had a photographic memory or was very good at recognizing faces. This sounds gross, but what if it was someone who 'hung out' with him at a bar for a while.
All totally just guessing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some witnesses saw the individual on the trail the day the girls were killed:

https://www.facebook.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/videos/1762533693760830/

I know we aren't supposed to talk about JD so remove if not allowed please. I've been following but first time posting. <modsnip>

Mamabear - welcome! LE knows that person and if they were the one, he would already be behind bars. Tricia asked us to move on. So, we are, and focusing on other possibilities. Again welcome to you! :wagon:

Thank you, dear. I cannot remember the last time I laughed so hard. Good medicine. &#127773;

Too bad the suspect didnt look like a Steve Buscemi caricature like these &#128514;&#128514;&#128514; thanks for sharing that comical sketch link 20170719_223624.jpg

"Within 18 hours of releasing a sketch of the main suspect in the slayings of two Delphi teenagers, police had received 1,350 new tips regarding the man&#8217;s identity.

Some tips are the same information from people who have contacted police before, but &#8220;there is some new stuff coming in and we&#8217;re just trying to go over the tips we&#8217;ve gotten,&#8221; Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said. &#8220;It&#8217;s still early, and we have not had a chance to look at and disseminate all that we&#8217;ve got.&#8221;"

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_07cc6c14-6cf1-11e7-a6cb-dbf5ac3d8c85.html

Who thinks there will be an arrest by this weekend?
I wouldn't be surprised; that is an incredible sketch.

Great post. Something that stood out to me. LE specifically asked the media to share the original BG photo along with the sketch. There has been no mention of the voice recording of down the hill (to my knowledge).

Does LE now definitively know they are from two different men? Why not include all 3 key pieces of information to help identify the man. Why not at least remind the public and media of the audio clip. It seems to have been deliberately not mentioned but why?

All MOO of course.

Rbbm.
Had been wondering about that too, thinking that it will be easier for LE to prioritize tips received if the audio and sketch are kept somewhat separate at this point.
That way if the audio prompts a number of tips about a particular person which coincides later with the sketch tips, those ones will be looked at first.
speculation, imo.

Sounds very likely that he showed up at a bar after this deed, either hours after or days after, maybe it was a random bar in the area or a strip club , not sure they have any in the area but they are pretty common along some of the trucker stretches out that way.

it is common for killers to experience a rush and an adrenaline high after killing, feeling omnipotent and in a manic state.

makes sense he wandered into a bar possibly behaving or talking strangely, maybe he returned in following days and made comments to a bartender..regarding the search for the missing girls.

i can totally see that.

of course speculating.

most places out there, I would imagine require a car, it's not like a city where you can just get around on various trains, buses, ubers etc, and he would be noticed in the small town center, if he was just wandering or a vagrant. So I wonder what he is driving..how he got to the park and where he stashed his vehicle.

I feel like he has a van.. I'm not psychic but I do read certain things when I look at a picture. late 30's to mid forties...maybe even 50..dad jeans..dog walking jacket...if he's married , his wife knows that jacket like the back of her hand...and his neighbors know the jacket too.

I don't think he lives right there, but around there, like everyone has said, any of many surrounding towns.

this is definitely not his first murder and I am sure they are working on a profile. Im hoping they will release that profile soon to the public.

serial killers and rapists do like to lurk in our parks and recreational areas...also truck stops can be dangerous areas.

so heartbreaking. I hope we get him and get him good.

The droopish eyes looked quite a bit older than 30, but not having gray hair, maybe under 50.....? Speculating only. Going with 40ish.

IF LE had definitive DNA from the suspect wouldn't they have released an image similar to the ones on the Parabon website instead of utilizing a sketch artist to create the drawing provided the other day? Or is it possible that the drawing is a merged image of human recollection and computer analysis?

Has LE confirmed that the RSOs in Delphi and surrounding area have been ruled out? I'm unclear on this point.

They have mentioned the audio clip.

'Down the hill': Audio clip released in Delphi double homicide
http://www.indystar.com/news/

Thank you. The link just takes me to the main Indy Star page. Was this a recent article with a reminder of the audio? I don't remember the audio mentioned in the LE release on Monday but admit to only reading the transcription someone kindly posted, didn't have a chance to listen to the audio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some witnesses saw the individual on the trail the day the girls were killed:

https://www.facebook.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/videos/1762533693760830/

True. Three. Maybe all 3 of them got a close look. But upthread there were some postings that quoted LE as saying someone was afraid to come forward at first, so I thought maybe there were more witnesses ltr on. LE is 'pretty confidant' of the sketch so they must have some pretty good witnesses.
I'm not sure that DNA paragon would be accurate enough.
Throwing this thought in...I betcha BG considered attacking the woman on the trail but thought she would put up too much of a struggle or was too close to other people.
Imagination going again.

JMO...
Catching up tonight and got so excited reading and watching the YouTube video upstream about Parabon.
If they can use Parabon to determine how a suspect looks by running DNA, they could do the same with DNA from unidentified Does! So many families could potentially find their missing loved ones and victims could finally have their names back....
JMO.

It makes no sense to me to believe LE knows who this man is. Sorry, do not wish to offend anyone who thinks they do.

Maybe I have watched and read too much true crime, but in many cases I have followed, including a show I saw today, once LE had identified a suspect in a murder, if they could not find him, they asked the public for help locating John Smith, aged 46 i.e if they could not find him themselves, as he was wanted for questioning as a possible "witness." Or they put his name and face on a "Wanted" poster. This is a child murderer. I do not believe LE would dilly-dally around with sketches and memories for nearly six months, all the while hoping he did not murder more children while they looked for him quietly.

Anyway...as always...JMO

I added the split trail to the Case Map to make it easier to see.

2u6k1li.jpg

Outstanding. Thank you.

DELPHI, Ind. &#8211; Be careful before you click. Police are warning online users to be responsible when posting the newly released sketch of the Delphi murder suspect online. Investigators want Facebook users to stop putting the sketch next to pictures of other men or mug shots.

&#8220;You&#8217;re putting people&#8217;s lives, families, and children in danger by putting pictures that may have nothing to do with this case,&#8221; explains Sgt. Kim Riley, with Indiana State Patrol.

The sketch was released on Monday morning and immediately social media took off, posting plenty of versions of it. Investigators say the online speculation could hurt the case.

http://fox59.com/2017/07/19/police-warning-public-to-share-delphi-murder-suspect-sketch-responsibly/

The witness may have known an important piece of information that LE was holding back from the public...for example something specific about his jacket, an emblem on the back, his shoes, something which gave her credibility. She may have had a lengthy interaction with him just before the murders. She may have served him lunch etc.. He never imagined he would get caught on video by Libby.

Maybe asked for directions to the Monon High Bridge.

I was really upset by the sketch when I first saw it, because to me the person in it looks kind. I kept thinking the person looked familiar too, and it finally hit me - he reminds me of Winnie the Pooh. :scared:

I'm not crazy I promise. Excuse my pointless rambling.

The RL being the witness theory is making a lot of sense to me as well. I still feel really sorry for the man though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home