IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me wonder how accurate the description that was used to make the sketch after all that time had passed? Wondering if this is more of a hail marry than a we are closing in? Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder the same. Awfully long time for memory to fail. I'm leaning toward Hail Mary...

I believe it is possible that "The police will not say where the witness encountered the POI" and "That the witness did not come forward sooner because they were afraid" could be that the witness encountered the POI on their own property.

Several residences border this trail near the crime scene and they are not fenced off. If the POI wanted to exit the crime scene in a hurry, and did not want to risk being seen by other potential hikers, he certainly wouldn’t back track along the hiking trail.

Is it possible he made a side exit out of there crossing over private property while doing so? That would help make sense about why a witness would be afraid to come forward about this encounter. Because POI knows where she lives. I can’t come up with any other logical reasons to fear coming forward. If the POI and the witness know each other we wouldn’t only have just a sketch right? So why be afraid to come forward?
HMMMMMM?????

Good post! Yes, hmmmmmm... And another thang:
:welcome: to Websleuths, Vida !! We're glad you've joined us !! :party:

Indiana State Police are urging users of the social media platform to stop posting pictures of men alongside the composite sketch of the Delphi murder suspect.

Meaning of Composite Sketch
source
http://www.askaforensicartist.com/forensic-art-101/composite-imagery/

Traditionally, a “composite sketch” meant that the image was hand-drawn by an artist with pencil and paper, and a “composite image” was assembled with a computer application. With the advances in software technology, those distinctions have become blurred. Now, artists can draw directly on a computer screen with a digital pencil, and computer operators can assemble sketch-like images without ever having taken an art course. Sometimes it’s difficult to determine exactly how a composite was created just by looking at it anymore, and in the end it really doesn’t matter. Whether it’s called a composite sketch, drawing, or image, the purpose is the same: to provide police with leads to the identity of the person depicted.

I don't see anything about DNA, Parabon(whatever that is) or anything else.

MOO

This is all so wierd, I just can't wrap my head around it, I don't know what it is but something just seems really weird to me about thsee new statements from LE. Maybe I'm over thinking it.

I hope when this is all over, or better, before then, LE will explain more detail in this.

And yes, indeed, it is just plain odd. :thinking:

IMO

Even if this guy is not from the Delphi area, this is going to make it harder for him to elude LE!

If that is what they used why do you think that we don't have a color pic instead of the black and white, or brown and white? Also wouldn't they have an eye color?

As a former biology student and trying to follow margarita25's posts, maybe the eye color of blue was eliminated, therefore why it was stated at the presser and msm. I don't know I'm not a biochemist, I don't know if all things considered, if there is DNA available for testing all of this would already be available to LE. It's helpful to have a open mind when reading posts like these....

The witness may have known an important piece of information that LE was holding back from the public...for example something specific about his jacket, an emblem on the back, his shoes, something which gave her credibility. She may have had a lengthy interaction with him just before the murders. She may have served him lunch etc.. He never imagined he would get caught on video by Libby.

RSBM

Well, look at what happened to Ron Logan and what LE stated about other arrests that were made during the investigation but which had no bearing on the murder case. Maybe the witness was afraid that some criminal behavior/probation violation would be exposed and they would end up in jail.

Perhaps it was just fear that their identity would be made known and an onslaught of media would show up at their door.

Maybe the witness was somewhere they weren't supposed to be or doing something they weren't supposed to be doing and didn't want that revealed.

Maybe just the old "I don't want to get involved" attitude that people have when it comes to law enforcement is the reason.

Maybe the person was high and thought they would not be believed.

The important point now is that this person or these persons has/have come forward and helped to create a usable sketch of BG.

Yes, all of the above may be possible, and I'll add this one: Possibly the witness knows BG well and fears him and did not come forward earlier for that reason. If this were the case, the new sketch would be very accurate.

Just my opinion, of course.

I believe LE has to withhold information in order to keep the suspect on his toes. This sketch is a really good piece of information that's been released just a couple of days ago. That tells me they are inching closer to a break and are now running down a whole new set of leads that are pouring in...

Your post made me wonder -- if the sketched person is local, will he (can he) GTH outta town and lie low by relocating somewhere else? Few would be able to, I assume, but it's possible for some. If it were me, I wouldn't want to be in Delphi or close to Delphi. Many local people may know me -- and LE might know me. SMH. This thing is odd & annoying. I've been through this phase on so many cases, as have we all, and it's just tuff to wait and growl.

Your post made me wonder -- if the sketched person is local, will he (can he) GTH outta town and lie low by relocating somewhere else? Few would be able to, I assume, but it's possible for some. If it were me, I wouldn't want to be in Delphi or close to Delphi. Many local people may know me -- and LE might know me. SMH. This thing is odd & annoying. I've been through this phase on so many cases, as have we all, and it's just tuff to wait and growl.

I don't think we will have a answer to that until he's been caught. For all we know he could be a loner and doesn't socialize within his hometown, if it's Delphi. I should add until LE has a name to the face....because he very well could have gotten out of town already...

Yes, all of the above may be possible, and I'll add this one: Possibly the witness knows BG well and fears him and did not come forward earlier for that reason. If this were the case, the new sketch would be very accurate.

Just my opinion, of course.
I agree that is very possible but then there would be no need for the sketch because the witness would just tell LE who it is surely?

I feel he is definitely not homeless..yes, either a loner or married with kids. He does look like a barfly loner type, but thats just based on his look..
the sweatshirt, hat and coat give me a local feeling...his voice is a flat Missouri local type of accent, that you hear there, it's distinct, but I don't hear a lisp, just dewn thi heo. it is rather hissed out between the teeth, having a hard tight mean edge. Local rural.

He planned it. Very organized, he was probably armed and murdered these girls for sexual reasons. This is an advanced serial killer type of person who was out on a fishing expedition. Just like Bundy , he no doubt waited for the open door and took his chance.

won't be suprised if he has a family and a job, and a garage or workshop no one is allowed to go in.

I would comb all the bars..Im sure they are.

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Indiana State Police picked up more than 1,300 news tip since releasing a suspect sketch in connection with the Delphi double murder of two teenage girls, they said Wednesday.

Trooper Taylor Bryant did not work on the Delphi sketch but has completed 61 sketches for state police since 2008. He sat down with 24-Hour News 8 Wednesday to explain the process.

“It gives me the ability to use my creative side for the benefit of my department,” Bryant said.

He typically bases his sketches on memories of a witness. When he meets the witness, Bryant starts with the easy questions.

“Finding out where they’re from, things like that. Common interests,” Bryant said. “Even a minor incident is very stressful to a witness, so you try to put them at ease.”

http://wishtv.com/2017/07/19/what-goes-into-police-sketch-artist-explains-process/

The amount of time that passed between the witness seeing BG and the release of the composite doesn't trouble me too much.

I discovered that I'd encountered a now incarcerated double murderer 25 years ago. My encounter with him was frightening (for then sheltered, shy me) and disturbing, but not violent, thankfully.

It did, however, leave enough of a impression that when I realized he was the same person convicted of two murders, I could easily recall his voice, his words, exactly what he wore that night, his facial features, his size, his skin tone. The encounter was traumatizing enough for my mind to file all those details away and recall them all those years later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the voice recording a man with bad teeth??? Let me explain:

I found a registered sex offender in Delphi ( as per the forum rules, I will not name ) who not only looks like the sketch, but matches the description with regards to height, and weight, as well as having reddish brown hair color. Even his mustache is similar.

More interesting, is that arrest records indicate that all of his top teeth are broken off. Think of the soft “L” pronounced in the voice recording of “down the hill.” The “L” sound in the spoken word “hill” is where your tongue would hit your top teeth. If you had teeth, it is a sharp stop. I hear my mother speak without her top dentures in quite often and to me it sounds very similar.
Or does the L sound soft because they cut it off, and loop the voice recording over and over.

Maybe I am really reaching for straws here. :-(
Vida I'm pretty sure I know who you're referring to. If it's who I think it is, I've wondered about his involvement from the get go as he is a RSO. I'm sure the police have interviewed this guy. Should we really turn him in as a tip? It's just a conjecture at this point. I'm torn [emoji53]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member