IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Not blue"...without sounding like a broken record, I think this is some kind of genetic lab rule out via parabon, etc...it just sounds like computer talk to me. Again, could be wrong, but just not buying this new witness thing. Just a hunch, moo.

Again IF they determined this via DNA, any ideas as to why specifically they wouldn't want the public or the perp to know they have DNA. Tia for your thoughts.
I think they have DNA but no match as yet. I think you could be right about parabon but I also think they have hair samples (reddish brown) and info from witnesses all combined with the video images to make the sketch. I don't think they want to admit they have DNA because they don't want to release further details of the crime. They may also be awaiting matches to come back.AJMOO.

Someone, and I apologise for forgetting who, theorized that maybe RL provided the sketch. This is starting to grow on me. I could picture him grudgingly providing the information after all this time. I mean, he must be bitter about all that befell him since this whole thing began. Does anyone else think he may have crossed paths with this dude? Or maybe he hired a dude at that time as a hand to work with the horses.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

It was me...was thnking this could be how he is "involved" as LE indicated but NOT a suspect (never thought he was). He may have been recalling small details for a while, especially now that his body is alcohol-free. Jmo

Maybe he picked up the hitchhiker when he shouldn't have even been driving. It would explain why they impounded the truck IMO.

But if you drive when you aren't legally allowed to, they definitely WILL take you vehicle, anyways.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was me...was thnking this could be how he is "involved" as LE indicated but NOT a suspect (never thought he was). He may have been recalling small details for a while, especially now that his body is alcohol-free. Jmo
Whoever the witness is, the reward may also have loosened lips too perhaps.

"Stop it, Facebook.

Indiana State Police are urging Facebook users to stop posting pictures of men alongside the composite sketch of the Delphi murder suspect.

"Those are of no value and take up investigative time," said Capt. Dave Bursten, ISP's chief public information officer."

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...-armchair-sleuthing-delphi-murders/491871001/

I'm really sorry this appears to be causing a big problem for the investigators.

I believe just like the original images, Le put this sketch out there so that somebody that knows BG will recognize him. I'm sure they have plenty of experienced investigators comparing photos and they are much more trained than people on social media. They weren't looking for that type of help. The problem I see is that, that's probably 90percent of the tips they are receiving. In other words I hope it will put a stop to people looking up random people through social media and calling LE and saying oh it looks like so and so. That is not helpful! And only sets the investigation further behind bc it wastes valuable time that LE could be using to follow up on such tips as, this guy kind of looks like my cousin and he was acting strange around that time. MOO fwiw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But if you drive when you aren't legally allowed to, they definitely WILL take you vehicle, anyways.

Yes they can, so i do wonder because they could have taken the vehicle away any time in the previous two and a half years or even a month earlier than they did. Obviously we are not privy to any details about the witness - it could even have been someone visiting the cemetery who saw BG.

IMO DNA phenotyping is largely responsible for the sketch. A "witness" coming forward after 5 months makes no sense at all.

Turnaround time for a DNA phenotype sketch is 4-6 weeks. Most likely expedited in this case. That means LE has had this sketch for some time now.

The announcement of a "witness coming forward" is to protect LE from criticism for withholding sketch from the public.

Hey......whatever works to catch this guy!

Interesting, but over my head. I thought maybe they had two different witnesses come forward and when their sketches matched BINGO.
But I will research DNA phenotype... I just might possibly be wrong. :)

Well, whether this is true or no, it's a really good theory Clue! It hadn't occurred to me until you posted it.

Interesting, but over my head. I thought maybe they had two different witnesses come forward and when their sketches matched BINGO.
But I will research DNA phenotype... I just might possibly be wrong. :)

Maybe they had the witness testimony all along (think woman on trail) but they got the phenotyping back and she worked with them to perfect the final image. Maybe they had it for a little and couldn't find a match, so back to the public.

No matter HOW you slice this, it's still a huge let down for me. I left this thread because I was THIS sure they were close.

I think they're also looking for other people who might have seen the guy on that day, who can place him near the scene or trace his path after he left.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Maybe they had the witness testimony all along (think woman on trail) but they got the phenotyping back and she worked with them to perfect the final image. Maybe they had it for a little and couldn't find a match, so back to the public.

No matter HOW you slice this, it's still a huge let down for me. I left this thread because I was THIS sure they were close.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln-1-WysCbw

?

Marking my spot.
So hoping for justice for these young girls who did not deserve their horrific end !

I think they're also looking for other people who might have seen the guy on that day, who can place him near the scene or trace his path after he left.

I'm sure they are still very much open to possible witness accounts from ppl who may have seen him.
But I think they have probably received all the eye witness info that they are going to get by this point. It's my belief that they are more looking for someone who can actually id him, and knows something about his whereabouts that day.....just MOO

FAQ link re: Parabon:

https://snapshot.parabon-nanolabs.com/faq

"What type of analysis/reporting does Snapshot provide?

We report sex, genetic ancestry — both on a global (e.g., European) and subcontinental (e.g., Scandinavian) scale — eye color, hair color, skin color, freckling, and face morphology."

Snip

How much extracted DNA do you need?

"Snapshot reports can be reliably produced from as little as 1ng†*of DNA;"

Snip

"What is the turnaround time (the time from when the sample is received to when the prediction is returned to the customer)?

The turn around time will largely depend upon the batch cycle of the laboratory. For economies of scale, the laboratories often like to run as many genotype samples as possible. So, the turnaround time can vary between four and six weeks."

IMO LE released this sketch in hopes of someone who knows this person to come forward.
IMO they did not release it hoping that everyone would start googling and submitting tips of people they found that they think looks like him, they are capable of doing that themselves. I really hope that 995 tips have not came in of people doing just that.

There's an unintended consequence when you put a composite sketch out there with the promise of such a large reward: The public's mindset becomes, "Hey, for 200,000 G's, maybe by some fluke it's so & so who has a passing resemblance to the guy in the sketch, so I'll call it in. What's there to lose?"

It's not much different than a decision to buy a lottery ticket, and you don't have to spend a buck.

"I'm unhappy with how law enforcement is handling my case. Can I send you a DNA sample of someone I suspect committed a crime, and have you analyze it?

At the present time, we are only providing this service to law enforcement and Federal government agencies. We'd be happy to speak with the detectives handling your case, if they express interest in learning more about the service.

Who has used it so far?

For the past four years, the development of Snapshot has been funded by the United States Department of Defense (DOD), specifically the Defense Threat Reduction Agency. As part of the development and validation process, Snapshot has been tested on thousands of out-of-sample genotypes and has been shown to be extremely accurate. In addition to the DOD, Snapshot has been used by State and local police departments throughout the US, and private citizens seeking ancestry information.

Please see our gallery of*Published Police Investigations*for a number of publicly available Snapshot profiles.

How well does Snapshot work with mixed samples?

DNA should be from a single individual or with ≤10% contribution from a second individual. If a two-person mixture has a mixture proportion >10%, please discuss such cases with Parabon, as mixture deconvolution may be possible (e.g., if victim DNA is available)."

https://snapshot.parabon-nanolabs.com/faq

I'm sure they are still very much open to possible witness accounts from ppl who may have seen him.
But I think they have probably received all the eye witness info that they are going to get by this point. It's my belief that they are more looking for someone who can actually id him, and knows something about his whereabouts that day.....just MOO

Well yeah. That's why I said "also". In addition to the main thing.

Published Police Investigations

"Although Parabon has produced Snapshot DNA Phenotyping Reports for a large number of different federal, state, local, and international law enforcement agencies, many of these reports are considered confidential, as their release may interfere with ongoing investigations.

The Snapshot predictions displayed below, however, have been released publicly as persons of interest in their respective cases. If you have information pertaining to the identity and/or location of these individuals, you are encouraged to contact the numbers listed in the report."

https://snapshot.parabon-nanolabs.com/posters

A. We're pretty confident. The information was received, with that information we've been able to put that together. Again, this thing wasn't drawn up overnight. We've been working with this picture and with the suspects that we, excuse me, I mean the witnesses that we have, that we put this together so it's not something that we did overnight. This has taken awhile to put this together.

The above quote is from the transcript one of our members posted (of the interview.) I think the bolded part is something to consider. I'm now thinking they do have suspects who have seen BG.

Remember...
it's got a whole twist to it that, even I, as a 30 year veteran, have never seen.
https://youtu.be/K_ISwatrrpY

and

" We have other information that we're not sharing, keep in mind that there's a likeliness and possibility of more than one person, we're not saying that the voice that you heard is the same as this person here (points at photo of BG) This is all very complicated, very involved and as much as we would like to tell you everything, more importantly we want to solve the crime"
https://youtu.be/P1uSKrtYdDw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member