IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #63

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have such amazing evidence available to the public. The public is key in so many cases, but this one, IMO, requires the latest FBI tactics, like profiling, cell phone triangulation, and perhaps newer (and controversial) DNA tools. Not to say this isn't happening behind the scenes. There will always be civil liberty issues come up. There will be a caution light flashing for solving cases using these new technologies. FWIW... there has to be the first bold case that justifies it.

Does anyone have any ideas of what we can do to help in a positive way? I just wish we could do more to help and get the sketch and word out about this monster.

View attachment 120343

This is so lovely, gjr... I always appreciate all your posts.
You just might want to correct the typos, though!
Add the 'n' to "seen"; no period/full stop; lower-case 't' in "this"...
:) :) :) xo

The thing that bothers me is that this appears to be a sketch from the picture and not eyewitness(s). The witness would know about the hair if they knew enough about the color, eye color, details in the nose etc. Were told to ignore the hat yet this is the type of hat some people saw in the official released picture.

I'm sorry I'm not hopeful that this is an eyewitness sketch. I think this is from other LE, detectives collectively stating what they see from the video picture:(.

IMO this is a sketch from a witness who interacted with him for a short time that day.

This is so lovely, gjr... I always appreciate all your posts.
You just might want to correct the typos, though!
Add the 'n' to "seen"; no period/full stop; lower-case 't' in "this"...
:) :) :) xo

Thank you for your kindness. Unfortunately I didn't make the image someone else did but they gave permission for it to be shared in order to help find this monster. I wish I could make the changes but I don't know how to. I just thought it was useful to have the sketch and tip line number on the same image.

I suspect they know who he is, like they knew who the suspect was in the Mickey Shunick case before his arrest.

I'm new to this case - just read about it a few days ago for the first time. (I began a new job in Feb. and missed several news cycles and finally caught up.) It is so ghastly and tragic it is almost beyond belief. But posting to say that while the sketch is very detailed, to me at the same time he looks like every other 45-ish man I see at Walmart or McDonalds. Like his looks are a common type, almost. I still hope that the emphases on nose and wide-set eyes will strike someone who knows him, though. Because this guy has to be the most vile, sickest, worst human specimen I think I've ever encountered in my whole life of reading about true crimes.

Also, re the widely shared belief that LE knows who did this and is being coy or.strategic about it while they build a case- I watched the recent press conferences and did not get that vibe at all. But you all know far more than me about this case and this LE. Can someone give me sort of a summary of why that is so widely assumed to be the case? If they have DNA and know who it is, why not sneakily get his DNA, match it, and arrest? With Libby's (brave, wow, what an incredibly brave girl) photo, wouldnt it be a.slam dunk?

Does anyone have any ideas of what we can do to help in a positive way? I just wish we could do more to help and get the sketch and word out about this monster.

View attachment 120343

I honestly feel like that, and keeping the story alive, is the best thing. I don't think a stranger is going to ID this guy. I think the photo, sketch, etc. are all meant for someone in his life who just needs an extra push to convince them that the guy they kind of suspect is really him. Keeping public attention on the case is probably the best thing we can do. Although I enjoy speculating and sleuthing, I do not think a stranger is going to solve this.

Also, re the widely shared belief that LE knows who did this and is being coy or.strategic about it while they build a case- I watched the recent press conferences and did not get that vibe at all.

While I DO believe LE knows more than they're letting on, I do not believe there is anything "shady" or nefarious about it. In fact, in my experience it's more common than not for LE to know more than they share. FWIW, LE doesn't build a case-that's for the DA. They might, however, feel that they don't have enough evidence to arrest or that their evidence is too circumstantial and continue looking for more.

I'm new to this case - just read about it a few days ago for the first time. (I began a new job in Feb. and missed several news cycles and finally caught up.) It is so ghastly and tragic it is almost beyond belief. But posting to say that while the sketch is very detailed, to me at the same time he looks like every other 45-ish man I see at Walmart or McDonalds. Like his looks are a common type, almost. I still hope that the emphases on nose and wide-set eyes will strike someone who knows him, though. Because this guy has to be the most vile, sickest, worst human specimen I think I've ever encountered in my whole life of reading about true crimes.

Also, re the widely shared belief that LE knows who did this and is being coy or.strategic about it while they build a case- I watched the recent press conferences and did not get that vibe at all. But you all know far more than me about this case and this LE. Can someone give me sort of a summary of why that is so widely assumed to be the case? If they have DNA and know who it is, why not sneakily get his DNA, match it, and arrest? With Libby's (brave, wow, what an incredibly brave girl) photo, wouldnt it be a.slam dunk?

BBM

I don't think LE knows who bridge guy is.

Some do, but I'm not sure how wide spread that belief is.

moo

Thank you for your kindness. Unfortunately I didn't make the image someone else did but they gave permission for it to be shared in order to help find this monster. I wish I could make the changes but I don't know how to. I just thought it was useful to have the sketch and tip line number on the same image.

Ruh-Roh. Oh well, at least the tip line # is correct! :) :cheer: :thumb:

Joining this discussion very late so forgive me if this has been mentioned 4000 times, but I feel like BG possibly wore neck and sleeve covering to cover tattoos that would be identifying. Maybe former military service? Also, how the HECK did BG know that no hikers would enter the trail behind him? Did he have a lookout?

Don't know if you guys have seen this yet. I thought I would post it.......
[h=1]Stop ‘armchair sleuthing’ online, warn cops investigating killing of Indiana girls[/h]https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/07/20/stop-armchair-sleuthing-online-warn-cops-investigating-murder-of-indiana-girls/?utm_term=.d7ede39baf4f

Specifically refers to Facebook users posting sketch alongside photos of people.

What is the transient pop. movement in IN? In NJ, I notice most travel north and pass thru in the few summer months. My heart breaks for the guys with a dog, I know they probably feed their dog somehow first. Many nice people live here, we have Appalachian Trail walkers often, so many help out. We do not have transients in winter with our late springs and long winters. How is it in IN in February typically? Feb. here is huge snowstorms, icy hills all over, cccccold.

Here is an updated version. Hope that's okay..

attachment.php

Attachments

• ISPDelphi_Suspect sig.jpg
    ISPDelphi_Suspect sig.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 627
I would love to see this poster distributed to every bar within a 100 mile radius. Im getting blue collar hang out at bar.

Has it been determined yet if the suspect is wearing a brown shirt hanging below his blue jacket? Or is it a brown fanny pack?

I hear you. Most of us are just absolutely baffled and horrified at his mindset. Justice will come some day for all evil people. The caught ones, as well as those not caught. imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are certainly a particular set of personality traits possessed by one who would commit horrendous crimes against 13yo females in the broad light of day and risk returning them later near from where they were Taken. This differs from Gray's theory of a quick kill by one UnSub and gone.

BG disrespects and despises women. So, I began searching for someone short in stature, as NIN kindly calculated and provided that helpful data. I was surprised where LE placed his potential weight.

After the sketch was released, a couple of my guys were deleted due only to the eye color. It is perplexing that BG did not wear sunglasses when on High Bridge as part of his disguise but BG wasn't wearing them when the witness spotted him either.

My point is, I stayed too close to the Delphi - Lafayette - Monticello area. I fear my suspects are not from the correct area. BG has a most distinct accent but I admittedly was unable to geographically place to the proper area. If LE did what I did, they need to stop now and get someone to ID that killer's accent so they know where BG originated.

Could it be that all the tips that they have been receiving up until the sketch release have been based on that audio? People recognized the voice? I don't know but it seems likely that's what happened.

I would love to see this poster distributed to every bar within a 100 mile radius. Im getting blue collar hang out at bar.

Someone has actually made a decent FB collage of the sketch, pics of BG, pics of Abby and Libby and a write up about the murders, including link to the audio file, tip line phone #/email and it's hit my feed here in Canada. 5 of my friends have already shared it so the sketch is circulating in a positive way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required