IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone has actually made a decent FB collage of the sketch, pics of BG, pics of Abby and Libby and a write up about the murders, including link to the audio file, tip line phone #/email and it's hit my feed here in Canada. 5 of my friends have already shared it so the sketch is circulating in a positive way.

JMO...
That's awesome! Can you share it on here or post a link?
JMO.

I also got 11 of 14. Did you take the next tests, lindamichelle1? I did not, but I think I'll go back and do those, too. I admit I was distracted during the test, and I feel I could have done better.

I, also, got 11 out of 14. The grouped profile photos threw me off center. I was visually much sharper when I was younger. Aging does it's number on us.

Sorry, this is way off topic, but this thread has a lot of long-time members. I noticed that on 8-18-2014 the record for online "viewers" was 9,395 and I'm wondering if there was a particular case that spurred this number..again, sorry for the interruption (I wish there was a random questions thread or a "how to" thread, like linking articles) because I bug alot. Mods, please delete if this will cause problems. TIA

I do believe this may have been regarding the Ferguson Riots.

FERGUSON supporterDWilson.jpg

About an hour ago, I had three police choppers flying above my house with their search lights on. The lights
brightened up my entire property. I live less than one hour away from Delphi.
Not sure what that was about, but I've never experienced anything like that.
Still praying for justice.

About an hour ago, I had three police choppers flying above my house with their search lights on. The lights

Call the police and ask them. It might help soothe your mind.

There are certainly a particular set of personality traits possessed by one who would commit horrendous crimes against 13yo females in the broad light of day and risk returning them later near from where they were Taken. This differs from Gray's theory of a quick kill by one UnSub and gone.

BG disrespects and despises women. So, I began searching for someone short in stature, as NIN kindly calculated and provided that helpful data. I was surprised where LE placed his potential weight.

After the sketch was released, a couple of my guys were deleted due only to the eye color. It is perplexing that BG did not wear sunglasses when on High Bridge as part of his disguise but BG wasn't wearing them when the witness spotted him either.

My point is, I stayed too close to the Delphi - Lafayette - Monticello area. I fear my suspects are not from the correct area. BG has a most distinct accent but I admittedly was unable to geographically place to the proper area. If LE did what I did, they need to stop now and get someone to ID that killer's accent so they know where BG originated.

I'm fascinated by dialects, have been for about 19 years. Within Indiana, I've heard several distinct and different dialects and accents. Two or three, generally, here in NE Indiana (Fort Wayne area).

Here's where things can kind of get murky, and yes I've listened to the short audio clip, which was obviously made louder by LE, and wondered where the speaker could be from, originally. More times than I care to mention. I wonder if the FBI have nailed down the general area where the speaker is from, I'm assuming they have more audio of him, which would help nail down a dialect. I'm also assuming the speaker's jaw was clenched, during the clip which has been shared with LE, which could complicate things

I've lived in 5 different states, in my adult life, but grew up in what I would call a "geographically isolated" part of NY State. Folks might assume I'm from NE or NW Ohio (Toledo), maybe central or Detroit, MI, or even Wisconsin. Some of my friends from Janesville, Wisconsin who are also transplants to Indiana, sound almost identical to my own dialect and accent, it's freakish. I'm from western NY, near Lake Ontario.

The Northern Cities Vowel Shift is very distinct, it varies across the Great Lakes, and can be heard as far south as Northern Missouri (I'm guessing because of migration patterns. immigration patterns of the late-19th C., and trade along the rivers). Does the voice on the recording resemble that of someone with a NCVS? I don't believe so, thus I think it's more of a rural Indiana, Illinois, or northern Kentucky accent. Around Fort Wayne, I hear the definite Kentucky influence in some areas, especially south side of the city and certain other city neighborhoods, and then on the north side and some suburban areas more of a NCVS.

I lived in Columbia, SC, for a few years a while back. My first weekend there I needed to make a trip to an auto parts store. The guy at the checkout was a retired soldier, and upon hearing me talk, looked me straight in the eye and told me where I was from, down to the city in NY :blushing: He wasn't from my hometown, but upon hearing me speak a few sentences knew exactly where I'm from.

Point being, it's not just a software program the FBI would use to try to nail down where this character is from, they also rely on human experts on dialects and accents to try to come up with a voice profile, or what have you. I know this because a famous linguist and professor in the field has been involved in FBI investigations, and he's an expert on the NCVS.

My hunch re: where LE are on this one is they are taking baby steps with what they release to the public. I'd imagine the software tech the FBI uses would blow our minds. Imagine a program that could combine both dialect/accent info, with tips, and other information which would result in nailing down where this individual grew up, and I'm assuming he was not a military brat or something similar, or went to a private school. I believe the FBI have that sort of tech, and then some.

MOO is the next step might be a profile.

JMO

I, also, got 11 out of 14. The grouped profile photos threw me off center. I was visually much sharper when I was younger. Aging does it's number on us.
I was really surprised that I got 12/14, but I probably would have been lucky to get 1 or 2 right if I had to wait 5 minutes between seeing the picture and picking him from a group. MOO

I dont see sad eyes because i'm not going to give this miscreant credit for possessing the ability to have a legitimate emotion. I see his eyes as rummy, which matches my assertion that his bulbous nose reminds me of a chronic drinker.
My point wasn't that he had any redeeming characteristics. It's that he looks so hangdog and ordinary that he might well be overlooked. "Oh, it couldn't be Joe, he wouldn't hurt a fly." I can picture him standing around at coffee break while his coworkers talk about the murders and don't even notice him right there in front of them.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I believe LE knows who the killer is. Including the color of his eyes.

There was a 19 yo arrested with a
SWAT team involved -not related to this case but maybe that was it. Near Muncie.

Im glad LE released a new sketch and hope it helps to identify the person responsible very soon.

The thing that is upsetting though is the delay in getting this information out because I think it would have helped even more if it had been able to be created and get it out closer to the time of the event when news media was in a frenzy about the killing. The extra publicity at the time would have helped.

The varying reports almost seem like excuses for the delay IMO. The report leaves open a possibility they did not make initial contact with a tipster. I hope that didnt happen because that would be sad if they just now went back to get contact again. This one report also contradicts itself to an extent by saying they go back and re interview the person after a few days but then it says they started a month ago. So it seems a month ago and a few days after that should have been when all interviews should have been completed to get what they needed to create it. We know it takes time to do this sort of thing after they get all the information they need. Its just upsetting it could not have been completed closer to the murders.

Oh well at least its out there now and lets hope it helps with the case. '

We have discussed on numerous occasions that if there is anything else they could release then they really should do that now at this point.

We always hear that some things are held in secret to protect the investigation and ultimate trial and conviction but that does absolutely no good if we never catch the guy. Lets get him off the streets so he doesnt kill again and then with other evidence found at the crime scene we hopefully can successfully prosecute him. Thinking some DNA would have had to have been collected to help with the prosecution once they arrest him.

If I had to guess I do think he is a transient type person that left the immediate area shortly after the murders. He can be anywhere at this point but we need to find him. The sketch is much better than any of the photos so this is a valuable tool now to help find him.

"“Either we did not make contact for the first time, or they were afraid to come forward.”"

"Sgt. Riley said the sketch artist had started about a month ago to piece together the descriptions, frequently consulting the witness or witnesses to refine the drawing. Investigators also interview people offering descriptions to make sure they are not just trying to get someone into trouble, he said."

“It takes quite a while to get a sketch put together,” Sgt. Riley said. “We let the person look at the picture and come back a few days later and ask, ‘Do you remember anything else?’”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/18/us/delphi-murders-indiana-sketch.html

I'm fascinated by dialects, have been for about 19 years. Within Indiana, I've heard several distinct and different dialects and accents. Two or three, generally, here in NE Indiana (Fort Wayne area).

Here's where things can kind of get murky, and yes I've listened to the short audio clip, which was obviously made louder by LE, and wondered where the speaker could be from, originally. More times than I care to mention. I wonder if the FBI have nailed down the general area where the speaker is from, I'm assuming they have more audio of him, which would help nail down a dialect. I'm also assuming the speaker's jaw was clenched, during the clip which has been shared with LE, which could complicate things

I've lived in 5 different states, in my adult life, but grew up in what I would call a "geographically isolated" part of NY State. Folks might assume I'm from NE or NW Ohio (Toledo), maybe central or Detroit, MI, or even Wisconsin. Some of my friends from Janesville, Wisconsin who are also transplants to Indiana, sound almost identical to my own dialect and accent, it's freakish. I'm from western NY, near Lake Ontario.

The Northern Cities Vowel Shift is very distinct, it varies across the Great Lakes, and can be heard as far south as Northern Missouri (I'm guessing because of migration patterns. immigration patterns of the late-19th C., and trade along the rivers). Does the voice on the recording resemble that of someone with a NCVS? I don't believe so, thus I think it's more of a rural Indiana, Illinois, or northern Kentucky accent. Around Fort Wayne, I hear the definite Kentucky influence in some areas, especially south side of the city and certain other city neighborhoods, and then on the north side and some suburban areas more of a NCVS.

I lived in Columbia, SC, for a few years a while back. My first weekend there I needed to make a trip to an auto parts store. The guy at the checkout was a retired soldier, and upon hearing me talk, looked me straight in the eye and told me where I was from, down to the city in NY :blushing: He wasn't from my hometown, but upon hearing me speak a few sentences knew exactly where I'm from.

Point being, it's not just a software program the FBI would use to try to nail down where this character is from, they also rely on human experts on dialects and accents to try to come up with a voice profile, or what have you. I know this because a famous linguist and professor in the field has been involved in FBI investigations, and he's an expert on the NCVS.

My hunch re: where LE are on this one is they are taking baby steps with what they release to the public. I'd imagine the software tech the FBI uses would blow our minds. Imagine a program that could combine both dialect/accent info, with tips, and other information which would result in nailing down where this individual grew up, and I'm assuming he was not a military brat or something similar, or went to a private school. I believe the FBI have that sort of tech, and then some.

MOO is the next step might be a profile.

JMO

This is interesting and thanks for sharing. I agree the voice recording can be very helpful in this case.

There are certainly a particular set of personality traits possessed by one who would commit horrendous crimes against 13yo females in the broad light of day and risk returning them later near from where they were Taken. This differs from Gray's theory of a quick kill by one UnSub and gone.

BG disrespects and despises women. So, I began searching for someone short in stature, as NIN kindly calculated and provided that helpful data. I was surprised where LE placed his potential weight.

After the sketch was released, a couple of my guys were deleted due only to the eye color. It is perplexing that BG did not wear sunglasses when on High Bridge as part of his disguise but BG wasn't wearing them when the witness spotted him either.

My point is, I stayed too close to the Delphi - Lafayette - Monticello area. I fear my suspects are not from the correct area. BG has a most distinct accent but I admittedly was unable to geographically place to the proper area. If LE did what I did, they need to stop now and get someone to ID that killer's accent so they know where BG originated.

Missouri

Probably a long shot, I know, but just in case :)

I wonder if this Franklin, TN suspect, (image posted by police July 11, 2017) could be the same man as in the new Delphi suspect sketch ?

I do know Franklin, TN it is far away from Delphi, ca, 390 miles/ 5-6 hours by car, but criminals also do travel.

Imagine him with the beard and hat as in the Delphi sketch,
he has, IMO, exact same eyes, same eyebrows, same nose, same ears, same squared full face shape.

The Franklin man could be a Delphi local, but left town/state due to everyone looking for the Delphi killer. Then he might have ran out of money and robbed someone on the street.
armedrobber-e1499800631264.jpg

DE8vS_HXgAAcwMV.jpg

https://franklinhomepage.com/franklin-police-release-sketch-of-armed-robbery-suspect/

Quote;

FROM STAFF REPORTS
Detectives in Franklin are investigating an armed street robbery that occurred near Downs Boulevard and Rucker Avenue.

The suspect pictured in this sketch pulled up beside the pedestrian victim, got out of the passenger side of a grey Honda Odyssey Van and demanded money from the victim while pointing a gun at him. The robbery occurred 9:50 p.m. June 23. This TBI sketch was completed yesterday.

Once they arrest the clock starts ticking down, they need to cross all their i's and t's, it's smarter for them to get a water tight case together before they arrest him.

Even smarter than getting a deranged murderer of children off the streets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme