IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once they arrest the clock starts ticking down, they need to cross all their i's and t's, it's smarter for them to get a water tight case together before they arrest him.

If they do know who it is and have him under surveillance, then yes, perhaps. However, we have a rapid animal on the loose slaying children. If LE knows who this is, I would think they have a duty to act, and would.

Amateur opinion, of course!

Is Indiana a state where the prosecutor would have to go before a grand jury before making an arrest?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

IMO BG used a gun to control the girls. I can imagine many scenarios where he had a physical hold on one girl but had to use threats to control the second girl until she too was under physical control. I hope that the new drawing has been circulated to every gun shop in this region. It wouldn't surprise me if he legally obtained a gun and continues to purchase ammunition.Screen shot 2017-07-21 at 6.39.52 AM.png

If that is what they used why do you think that we don't have a color pic instead of the black and white, or brown and white? Also wouldn't they have an eye color?

Agree. If they had done this phenotyping they would have released the computer generated photo...not a pencil sketch. IMO.

Not sure what they have of the killer as far as DNA but if they have the right kind, and if they have not done this phenotyping to date, they should definitely do it. Again, IMO.

IMO BG used a gun to control the girls. I can imagine many scenarios where he had a physical hold on one girl but had to use threats to control the second girl until she too was under physical control. I hope that the new drawing has been circulated to every gun shop in this region. It wouldn't surprise me if he legally obtained a gun and continues to purchase ammunition.View attachment 120390

Really good thinking.

About an hour ago, I had three police choppers flying above my house with their search lights on. The lights
brightened up my entire property. I live less than one hour away from Delphi.
Not sure what that was about, but I've never experienced anything like that.
Still praying for justice.
Glad to see you rottmom! I was just thinking about ya yesterday, I hope all is well where you are and you stay safe. I remember similar incidents happening in my neck of the woods a few years ago, it was unreal and felt like a movie, there ended up being a man under a neighbor's shed a few houses down. Praying for justice with you!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

LE May think they know who it is, but I guarantee they don't have anything directly tying him to the crime. If they did he would have been arrested. LE doesn't wait to build a case!

I'll also add that it appears Indiana does not require a grand jury indictment in order to proceed with charges and arrest.

http://www.indianaarrests.org/indiana criminal-procedure.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they do know who it is and have him under surveillance, then yes, perhaps. However, we have a rapid animal on the loose slaying children. If LE knows who this is, I would think they have a duty to act, and would.

Amateur opinion, of course!

While they have a duty to act, they also have to be sure they have enough evidence to hold this animal, make charges stick and get a conviction as well.
I'm hoping that is the case here and they are building their case ...I'd hate to see the guilty person walk because they were brought in before enough evidence is compiled against them .

I'm fascinated by dialects, have been for about 19 years. Within Indiana, I've heard several distinct and different dialects and accents. Two or three, generally, here in NE Indiana (Fort Wayne area).

I like noting accents as well and when I drove through Indiana, I heard a variety of accents all from people who were probably native to the state. As a side note, Indiana was originally settled from the "bottom up" by lowland southerners and Appalachians. Other migrations included both urban and rural northerners. These different settlement patterns contributed to the accents and also to the southern cultural influence that some people from Indiana have.
My hunch re: where LE are on this one is they are taking baby steps with what they release to the public. I'd imagine the software tech the FBI uses would blow our minds. Imagine a program that could combine both dialect/accent info, with tips, and other information which would result in nailing down where this individual grew up, and I'm assuming he was not a military brat or something similar, or went to a private school. I believe the FBI have that sort of tech, and then some.

I think an FBI accent identification review by both software and human experts could pay off if there is a larger sample of his speech.

Indiana, as you noted, is a relatively small state with a lot of regional accents. So, a more distinct Indiana accent could be pinned to a smaller locality. Then factor in that the suspect seems to be in his early 40s or older and is thus from a generation more likely to have regional accents and that Indiana has not seen a lot of transplant migration in recent decades. Therefore, a higher percentage of people in Indiana may not only have discernible local accents, but also still reside in the locality associated with that accent.

I believe LE knows who the killer is. Including the color of his eyes.

I am with you on this ...I think they are going to be sure they have enough on him ....
Once he's arrested ,
Tick
Tock

Good to see you Dee Dee !

flat, flat missouri accent...think Bruce Springsteen's feigned accent that he uses in his ballads , it's not a NJ accent, it's that flat seething accent that is so prevalent in MO..also tho I notice he has a slightly higher register, not deep but maybe more thru his nose or something..maybe due to excitement. I am super scared of this guy and can't believe they can't tie any other crimes to him through DNA yet. This guy is not homeless or destitute...Also you can walk out of your house and get a scrubbed clean gun in an hour or less almost anywhere in Chicago and Southern Illinois Indiana. I would not rule out Kankakee either.

this guy reminds me of almost any guy, anywhere...he even resembles a friend of mine! the sketch is detailed but this guy is everywhere you look.

they need to bring out something more specific that people can focus on, as it's hot as hell now and this guy is not wandering around in his blue coat and flap ear hat.

they should ask DO you reccognize this coat?????

IMO

They have trouble catching guys WITH REAL LIFE PHOTOS so i am starting to feeling a little 'ify' on this one as the clock continues to tic tic. I am seeing this sketch as somewhat of a last ditch effort. Plus,
they have to get a witness to spot him somewhere..
Hoping those 1000 tips 'pan out'!

I'm fascinated by dialects, have been for about 19 years. Within Indiana, I've heard several distinct and different dialects and accents. Two or three, generally, here in NE Indiana (Fort Wayne area).

Here's where things can kind of get murky, and yes I've listened to the short audio clip, which was obviously made louder by LE, and wondered where the speaker could be from, originally. More times than I care to mention. I wonder if the FBI have nailed down the general area where the speaker is from, I'm assuming they have more audio of him, which would help nail down a dialect. I'm also assuming the speaker's jaw was clenched, during the clip which has been shared with LE, which could complicate things

I've lived in 5 different states, in my adult life, but grew up in what I would call a "geographically isolated" part of NY State. Folks might assume I'm from NE or NW Ohio (Toledo), maybe central or Detroit, MI, or even Wisconsin. Some of my friends from Janesville, Wisconsin who are also transplants to Indiana, sound almost identical to my own dialect and accent, it's freakish. I'm from western NY, near Lake Ontario.

The Northern Cities Vowel Shift is very distinct, it varies across the Great Lakes, and can be heard as far south as Northern Missouri (I'm guessing because of migration patterns. immigration patterns of the late-19th C., and trade along the rivers). Does the voice on the recording resemble that of someone with a NCVS? I don't believe so, thus I think it's more of a rural Indiana, Illinois, or northern Kentucky accent. Around Fort Wayne, I hear the definite Kentucky influence in some areas, especially south side of the city and certain other city neighborhoods, and then on the north side and some suburban areas more of a NCVS.

I lived in Columbia, SC, for a few years a while back. My first weekend there I needed to make a trip to an auto parts store. The guy at the checkout was a retired soldier, and upon hearing me talk, looked me straight in the eye and told me where I was from, down to the city in NY :blushing: He wasn't from my hometown, but upon hearing me speak a few sentences knew exactly where I'm from.

Point being, it's not just a software program the FBI would use to try to nail down where this character is from, they also rely on human experts on dialects and accents to try to come up with a voice profile, or what have you. I know this because a famous linguist and professor in the field has been involved in FBI investigations, and he's an expert on the NCVS.

My hunch re: where LE are on this one is they are taking baby steps with what they release to the public. I'd imagine the software tech the FBI uses would blow our minds. Imagine a program that could combine both dialect/accent info, with tips, and other information which would result in nailing down where this individual grew up, and I'm assuming he was not a military brat or something similar, or went to a private school. I believe the FBI have that sort of tech, and then some.

MOO is the next step might be a profile.

JMO

Brilliant!!! I never considered that at all so kudos to you for bringing that topic up. I'm from North Eastern NJ and there's no hiding it!!! lol. I had a friend from Wisconsin and one day I wound up talking to her friend. This woman told me I sounded like a educated New Jerseyan... At first I thought that was funny and then realized she insulted me too...lol

I personally don't pay attention to dialect in my travels...as long as I can understand them and they understand me I'm good. So yes this blows me away that you do that and can really be beneficial to sleuthing in this respect. :great::great::great:

Who do 'we' (we, as a general term) know who is somewhat shorter than the norm (for guys), stocky, 40ish, with reddish brown hair. OK, no one, I know of.
The reddish brown hair is the only think I can think of (with a more prominent nose) that would stand out from others. Red hair is getting less common I read.
I think they are talking a medium tone, not light. Wouldn't they have said if he appeared homeless? So I might have to cross that off the list.

Gray Hughes has done a wonderful enhanced photo of BG. I'm not going to post it without permission. At first sight I too thought it was a "fanny pack" BEFORE I looked at Gray's picture. Now I see BG right fist cupping what appears to me a gun. The shiny "watch reflection" is the gun. IMOO

About an hour ago, I had three police choppers flying above my house with their search lights on. The lights
brightened up my entire property. I live less than one hour away from Delphi.
Not sure what that was about, but I've never experienced anything like that.
Still praying for justice.

I hope they found what they were looking for, that's pretty scary!!! I hear helicopter's going over my summer beach house, but I know it's the Governor's helicopter going to his Governor's beach mansion......lol

I was originally excited about this sketch. Then I remember they had a sketch of the man who murdered Morgan Harrington all over Northern Virginia and especially in the Charlottesville area. The murderer, Jesse Matthews, was a cab driver in Charlottesville and his co-workers kidded him about looking like the killer. It wasn't until he murdered Hannah Graham 4 years later that it all came together. But even then they didn't make the connection to the sketch till sometime after he was arrested.

Im glad LE released a new sketch and hope it helps to identify the person responsible very soon.

The thing that is upsetting though is the delay in getting this information out because I think it would have helped even more if it had been able to be created and get it out closer to the time of the event when news media was in a frenzy about the killing. The extra publicity at the time would have helped.

The varying reports almost seem like excuses for the delay IMO. The report leaves open a possibility they did not make initial contact with a tipster. I hope that didnt happen because that would be sad if they just now went back to get contact again. This one report also contradicts itself to an extent by saying they go back and re interview the person after a few days but then it says they started a month ago. So it seems a month ago and a few days after that should have been when all interviews should have been completed to get what they needed to create it. We know it takes time to do this sort of thing after they get all the information they need. Its just upsetting it could not have been completed closer to the murders.

Oh well at least its out there now and lets hope it helps with the case. '

We have discussed on numerous occasions that if there is anything else they could release then they really should do that now at this point.

We always hear that some things are held in secret to protect the investigation and ultimate trial and conviction but that does absolutely no good if we never catch the guy. Lets get him off the streets so he doesnt kill again and then with other evidence found at the crime scene we hopefully can successfully prosecute him. Thinking some DNA would have had to have been collected to help with the prosecution once they arrest him.

If I had to guess I do think he is a transient type person that left the immediate area shortly after the murders. He can be anywhere at this point but we need to find him. The sketch is much better than any of the photos so this is a valuable tool now to help find him.

"“Either we did not make contact for the first time, or they were afraid to come forward.”"

"Sgt. Riley said the sketch artist had started about a month ago to piece together the descriptions, frequently consulting the witness or witnesses to refine the drawing. Investigators also interview people offering descriptions to make sure they are not just trying to get someone into trouble, he said."

“It takes quite a while to get a sketch put together,” Sgt. Riley said. “We let the person look at the picture and come back a few days later and ask, ‘Do you remember anything else?’”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/18/us/delphi-murders-indiana-sketch.html

I get what your saying and understand the frustration of waiting and waiting for something to break. But I've followed this case from the beginning and I've come to understand the dynamic's of this community in the process. It's a small community, things like this don't happen in Delphi. Well it can no longer be said that things like this don't happen, it's been robbed of it's innocence because of this man. With that said I would have to believe that LE in Delphi never had to deal with such a crime and because of that they have utilized the services of State and Federal resources.

It's reasonable to believe that everything possible has been done in the months leading up to the sketch release. This man has victimized an entire community and the fear is real. It has to be a possibility IMO that this witness/es that assisted in creating this sketch had their own reason's for not being available sooner, while also keeping in mind awaiting test results of whatever evidence that was discovered at the scene.

I give LE a lot of credit for the job they are doing in getting this solved and with so many variables involved it takes time. The images that were put out into the msm and within the community, while thank god Libby had the ability to capture them, seem like any man, very generic, could be a next door neighbor. With this sketch it's opened up a whole new avenue for LE to explore. I think between the images, the audio, and now this sketch this is going to break the case wide open.

Patience is the key ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member