IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry can someone link me to the images thread? thanks

Wondering about phone and really interested in how others imagine it playing out. 1. Wouldn't perp upon making his move have either already have seen that at least one girl had a phone and/or 2. Assumed that one or both had phones and searched and destroyed them immediately?

Assuming he had not already seen the phone Libby had, would he have really just asked if they had phones and accepted their answer(s)
?
If somehow in his lunacy he overlooked the phone and/or Libby stuck it in her top or pants or sock (as opposed to a pocket) and it went undiscovered until he had taken/led them on foot to the attack location, that is the only way I can think of that extended audio exists. I feel sure that if LG's hands were free and the phone in her pocket, she would have found a way or a moment when psycho wasnt looking to dial 911.

Someone here or in a google discussion stated that family phoned Libby's cell at 3:10pm and 3:12pm. If true, maybe this alerted BG to the presence of the phone?

Really interested to hear what others see as likely.

Regarding the recovery of phones was it ever mentioned by LE the condition of the phones? Because I think it's quite possible BG thought he broke them. Perhaps he crushed them, breaking the screens, and even tossed them into water, yet LE was still.able to recover the video and photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please do not post random individuals youtube videos. I can make a youtube video about my theory. So can you. Anyone can and many have. That does not make them appropriate links or source material for this discussion.

Tricia has approved the sharing of links to the youtube of Gray Hughes, who is member grayhuze.
If this is referring to my post, it was just a screenshot of a close up of BG showing the fannypack/hand and not the whole video. I know not to post the video. It was in response to this..

I was looking at it because it shows BG's right hand movement . I don't think a fanny pack would do that. I think his hand was out of his pocket holding something. JMO

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Same here -- it drove me crazy trying to see whether it was really a man or if I just wanted it to be a man. Two more sweet and innocent girls, just starting to become themselves and grow up to be good, strong women.
Could you link to the video that you are referencing, if poss? I really would like to have a look.
For those worrying that there is little activity let's just hope it is the calm before the storm and LE have what they need among the many tips received. Let's also hope when it comes it could help with other murders too.

Regarding the recovery of phones was it ever mentioned by LE the condition of the phones? Because I think it's quite possible BG thought he broke them. Perhaps he crushed them, breaking the screens, and even tossed them into water, yet LE was still.able to recover the video and photos.

If he didn't know they had phones that sort of rules out the catfishing theory then really IMO. Most teens have phones though so I would expect him to have known that. Was the crime scene a bad reception area particularly and could it be why he chose it?

If he didn't know they had phones that sort of rules out the catfishing theory then really IMO. Most teens have phones though so I would expect him to have known that. Was the crime scene a bad reception area particularly and could it be why he chose it?

He may not have been very tech savvy and thought if he destroyed the phones all the data would be gone.

I know several people have posted their own opinion of a behavioral profile of this killer, but of course they're lost in the thousands of other posts on this case. I don't know much about profiling outside of having read about the process and listening to Jim Clemente on the Real Crime Profile podcast.

I thought I'd try to open some discussion of what other think may be key things to attempt a profile of this killer. If nothing else, it will be a good sleuthing exercise and hopefully if the perpetrator is caught, we can use it to see how right or wrong we were.

Here are my thoughts:

1. I believe he has killed before. Reason: this crime was committed in daylight, two victims, in an area that was not entirely secluded, meaning he had confidence he could do it quickly and leave the area.

2. I don't think he is young, simply due to the fact that I think he's experienced.

3. I think he travels extensively. Reasons: Because I think he has killed before and obviously gotten away with it, which leads me to believe he's killing in areas so far flung from each other that no one has put the cases together. Also, LE's placement of billboards enforces this thought, but obviously that's not part of a behavioral profile, just reinforcement of my thought.

4. I lean towards thinking this was not a sexually motivated crime. Reasons: same as in #1, making it unlikely that he would have time to sexually assault one or both girls. But if it's not sexually motivated then what is the motivation? I think it was simply an innate desire to kill, which would indicate either mental illness or pure evil.

I know the police Profile said to look for someone who changed their appearance and was either very interested in or avoided talking about the case, but I feel like this guy probably just went on about his business as usual. Left the area, kept on living his regular life.

Obviously without knowing cause of death or how the bodies were left it limits some of the speculation on this topic.

I know several people have posted their own opinion of a behavioral profile of this killer, but of course they're lost in the thousands of other posts on this case. I don't know much about profiling outside of having read about the process and listening to Jim Clemente on the Real Crime Profile podcast.

I thought I'd try to open some discussion of what other think may be key things to attempt a profile of this killer. If nothing else, it will be a good sleuthing exercise and hopefully if the perpetrator is caught, we can use it to see how right or wrong we were.

Here are my thoughts:

1. I believe he has killed before. Reason: this crime was committed in daylight, two victims, in an area that was not entirely secluded, meaning he had confidence he could do it quickly and leave the area.

2. I don't think he is young, simply due to the fact that I think he's experienced.

3. I think he travels extensively. Reasons: Because I think he has killed before and obviously gotten away with it, which leads me to believe he's killing in areas so far flung from each other that no one has put the cases together. Also, LE's placement of billboards enforces this thought, but obviously that's not part of a behavioral profile, just reinforcement of my thought.

4. I lean towards thinking this was not a sexually motivated crime. Reasons: same as in #1, making it unlikely that he would have time to sexually assault one or both girls. But if it's not sexually motivated then what is the motivation? I think it was simply an innate desire to kill, which would indicate either mental illness or pure evil.

I know the police Profile said to look for someone who changed their appearance and was either very interested in or avoided talking about the case, but I feel like this guy probably just went on about his business as usual. Left the area, kept on living his regular life.

Obviously without knowing cause of death or how the bodies were left it limits some of the speculation on this topic.

I can't believe that there was not some kind of sexual assault (may not be full rape) of one of the girls.
I am not sure if he has killed before or this was his best opportunity.
I think that he has to know the area in some way, whether because he lived there at some time or visited or worked in the area once.

I have noticed on other cases that LE have also said that killers may have changed their appearance after a murder. Is this backed up by past experience when killers have been apprehended or is it based on something else?

With the exception of seeminly blue eyes, Mar Redwine looks like BG imo!

Hair color has to be reddish-brown said the witness. I don't think it fits but all the rest (and he is a trucker). :thinking:
JD, who is often mentioned also doesn't fit re hair color. IMO

With the exception of seeminly blue eyes, Mar Redwine looks like BG imo!

Looks like a few have picked up on that. He has links with Indiana too as one of his sisters lived there (not sure if she is still there), some might recall he drove there when LE had the big search.

Hasn't been stated that phone was recovered. There have been lots of comments/rumors that extended audio material was recovered (from either cloud or phone) and LE confirmed that the clip released was only part of audio found. I was just trying to understand how the phone could have been in recording mode for any length of time after BG was in control.

Hi Margarita - I don't know why but when you wrote that I spit out my coffee. What if'ed to death I see!!! lol

I would like to add a What If of my own.. What if this psychopath is so typical looking that he's hiding in plain sight? He's so average, middle aged, and doesn't look like a murderer at all...... I'll be damned if I believe he just randomly found that location that looks to me very rural. With a community of 3,000 it's way too small to hide out in, so he probably doesn't live in Delphi, but he definitely knows the area...... What if he's a window cleaner???

What if ...... he is an academic? Or an accountant?

I have faith they will catch him unfortunately it's not going to happen overnight. We just need to try and stay positive and hope for the best. I know it is very difficult to have patience given the circumstances. One day law enforcement will announce an arrest has been made and it will shock us all.

I hope for an arrest sooner than later, BG doesn't deserve to be walking this earth after what he did to Libby and Abby. :jail: clang clang prison is waiting for his azzz
What do you mean by "it will shock us all" as in who BG turns out to be or that he IS arrested at some point? :thinking:

Looks like a few have picked up on that. He has links with Indiana too as one of his sisters lived there (not sure if she is still there), some might recall he drove there when LE had the big search.

He drove to Delphi during the search for the girls or the search for his son?? I'm astounded by how much he resembles BG aside from the color of his eyes.

I wonder if LE had his DNA on file as wasn't he a POI after his son went missing?

My opinion... if the desire was to simply kill, he would have just pushed them off the bridge. That would be near certain death. If his desire was for torture, he would have taken them to a further location/taken more time. (I think that there was of course some aspect of torture, but that it was all over relatively quickly). That leaves more of a sexual motivation.

My opinion... if the desire was to simply kill, he would have just pushed them off the bridge. That would be near certain death. If his desire was for torture, he would have taken them to a further location/taken more time. (I think that there was of course some aspect of torture, but that it was all over relatively quickly). That leaves more of a sexual motivation.

I think his primary motivation was to render powerless, terrorize, and act out deep seated rage against women. Sexual degradation/violation may well have been part of that. But I def don't think he went to rape them and killed them to prevent them from talking.

Pushing them over a bridge would not provide enough memories for his mind to feast on afterward. I am no psychologist, but I would guess he had a horrible childhood where he at least perceived that female figure or figures were hurting and humiliating him. He constantly seeks to redress that and experience superiority and control. Just my silly opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member