IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much, and you've really hit the nail on the head about the problem with location. That has been the hardest part for me to fit into my theory.

How he did it, how he got them to that particular location.

I don't believe he just wandered around the area that day, hoping someone would land in his clutches. Had that been the case, if the girls had not had the day off from school, he could have easily had no victims. (I don't believe he wanted a random victim. They HAD to fit his preferred profile, two young girls.)

He was not going to chance that. This date was way too important. It HAD to happen on 2-13-17, at a park with 'bridge' in its name, and of course with water. In my mind I see him planning this murder for years. As soon as he 'saw' that date reversal he decided THAT would be the date. That date became his ultimate goal

He planned for it. 'Trained' for it, in the way that other people may train for a marathon. This was HIS 'marathon.'

I've wondered often how he knew both areas. It was said of Seven Bridges park that it too was remote, and that only someone who really knew the area well could have placed the Iowa cousins there. It didn't sound like a place a stranger would just happen to find by accident.

The same has been said of course for the Monon High Bridge.

I've read there is a meat processing plant near Evansdale Iowa too. Similar to the one in Delphi. I've wondered if that's the connection, an employee who travels between both, or perhaps a trucker supplying both plants?

I believe he knew for sure the girls would be there on that date. I'm torn between whether he 'lucked out' and saw their plans online, or whether he actively lured them there himself.

I would hope if there had been any computer or phone contact that LE would have found it. However, I'm aware there's several anonymous apps that are very hard, if not impossible to trace, especially if he had a burner phone.

So my long-winded answer to all this is I really don't have any clue how he pulled this off.

My fear now though is what is he planning next? So many parks with 'bridge' in their names. Every month has a 13th. So many young innocent girls too who are too trusting of the world. They know nothing of this type of evil that is waiting to prey on them.

LE, please find him! Please keep these girls from being his next victims...

Every month has a 13th, and there are tons of parks with Bridge in the name, yet this sneaky serial killer has only killed twice, spread 4+ years apart?

we don't know he has only killed twice, he could have other fantasy fetish ocd dates with victims. Perhaps he enjoys a sex worker murder on other dates or locations, perhaps the the 13/2/7 is connected somehow to his birthday if you add numbers like born jan 3 1972...which would put him squarely near 40ish...graduation dates etc..

they had to run DNA right? could he have cleaned up to the point there is no usable or searchable DNA? we have been around about this tho, as some have speculated that DNA was used for the sketch.

really they should make sure all police departments are on notice and provide all info on suspects that could match him.

Im going to look for significant events on these dates that could yield a clue.

My misunderstanding, as the children / grandchildren being in BGs profile were written and posted originally by TP and never by you. My apologies.

Thank you. There are no height requirements for commercial truck drivers. If one can pass the commercial driving test, one earns a license to drive big rigs.

I cannot agree with #8. As a sociopath, he does play the game of a chameleon and slips into any environment yet prefers control in a situation. His sexual compulsions are difficult to keep under wraps.

Nevertheless, about BGs thighs, I see, although they are covered, as chunkier as they are thick and muscular. Guessing that his arms are muscular, too, we just can't see them nor can we tell if he has any remarkable tattoos which would help toward ID, also.

BG has friends. He's hanging out. He is not a hermit. A couple of those like minded friends may have assisted in, or after, the crimes, as alluded to by LE of another POI possibly being involved. Having a 2nd man at the end of High Bridge sure helps BG corral the girls down the hill.

So, I started thinking about seeing truck drivers and the hats that I've seen younger drivers wear. In my experience, I haven't encountered a OTR driver that wears a "hat with flaps". Almost every driver that I've seen, has either a baseball cap or a hoodie pulled up over their head.

...and then I got to thinking some more. OTR drivers are used to getting in and out of their trucks, they are used to the cold. Like they have developed a better tolerance of the cold than most of us that work in a temperature regulated office. I think about our local UPS driver that visits our office. It could be a 50 degree day and he's wearing those UPS shorts.

We know it was a mild day and Abby and Libby were not overdressed for the weather and if this guy was a OTR driver, I would suspect he would be dressed similar to Abby and Libby because of what I stated above.

So, after pondering this, I think you had mentioned that you didn't think OTR truck driver and I concur. Local drivers (ummm....Like box truck drivers) are a different story, they are usually paid less money and I could see someone who drives a box truck or something like that wearing that type of hat. When I say, local I'm also including delivery drivers for furniture and appliance type drivers.

A thought came to mind that he could possibly be a van driving repair type person or a pest control person. I could see someone like that wearing a hat like that.

I will eat my words, if it turns out to be an OTR driver.

Every month has a 13th, and there are tons of parks with Bridge in the name, yet this sneaky serial killer has only killed twice, spread 4+ years apart?
Serial killers have a wide range of times and triggers. Some kill in binges then go dormant for years (the Grim Sleeper, for instance). Some are related to situation or opportunity; I remember reading about one dude who only killed three times, each time his sister was in the hospital delivering a baby. He had some weird compulsion about taking a life to make up for the new one. There was a guy in Scotland(?) in the 1800's who killed during lunar eclipses. If this is a serial killer and he is operating from a fetish about dates or bridges, he'd go with what his numbers tell him, whether that's two weeks or two decades.

Some serial killers plan and others seize opportunity.

Some serial killers try to hide their crimes, others flaunt them, and still others don't care. Some want to be caught and stopped. Others think they're smarter than the cops and will get away with it forever.

Even if we were sure that both sets of murders were committed by the same person, we probably wouldn't know what their patterns and triggers were without them telling us.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Hello, first time poster here and have been following this case recently.

Am I the only one who can't see Abbys shoe behind the BGs photo? Can someone circle Abby's shoe in her pic and point out where that is in the BG photo? Sorry trying to see what others are seeing. Praying this guy is caught quickly before he robs someone's else's life.

So sorry the family of these girls.

Use this video(https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3QUH4EkX-jc )and enlarge(zoom) to a higher %. The two white objects are behind his left shoe. Look at Abby's picture on the bridge and see if you think they look the same. The picture on here is very pixelated and hard to see the white objects. JMO

Hello, first time poster here and have been following this case recently.

Am I the only one who can't see Abbys shoe behind the BGs photo? Can someone circle Abby's shoe in her pic and point out where that is in the BG photo? Sorry trying to see what others are seeing. Praying this guy is caught quickly before he robs someone's else's life.

So sorry the family of these girls.

Use this video(https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3QUH4EkX-jc )and enlarge(zoom) to a higher %. The two white objects are behind his left shoe. Look at Abby's picture on the bridge and see if you think they look the same. The picture on here is very pixelated and hard to see the white objects. JMO
No shoes… sorry.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I could never understand why the locals thought he would be caught quickly.

I feel he's a serial killer and not local. I admit I have been distracted by the fever pitch of the various things on a local level in this case.

I feel these girls were killed by the same killer as Lyric & Lizzy and have felt that way since Day 1.

Back to the drawing board I guess.

Blah.

WG

I think the same. I think when he is caught there will be more cases where he murdered one girl or woman here and there. I think he likely has an area he stays in but feel it is a much larger area than most imagine. That is why I think it is so important for LE to share the info far and wide.

Serial killers have a wide range of times and triggers. Some kill in binges then go dormant for years (the Grim Sleeper, for instance). Some are related to situation or opportunity; I remember reading about one dude who only killed three times, each time his sister was in the hospital delivering a baby. He had some weird compulsion about taking a life to make up for the new one. There was a guy in Scotland(?) in the 1800's who killed during lunar eclipses. If this is a serial killer and he is operating from a fetish about dates or bridges, he'd go with what his numbers tell him, whether that's two weeks or two decades.

Some serial killers try to hide their crimes, others flaunt them, and still others don't care. Some want to be caught and stopped. Others think they're smarter than the cops and will get away with it forever.

Even if we were sure that both sets of murders were committed by the same person, we probably wouldn't know what their patterns and triggers were without them telling us.

Great post, carbuff! You said it far better than I ever could. Thank you so much.

The only other point I'll add is my opinion about what may be one of the triggers. I believe that serial killers, in general, tend to bask in their own limelight. They love to read their press. They feel so important because THEY are the reason people are so shocked and devastated. All these articles are being written specifically about THEM. Here they are, nobodies in their own life, suddenly very important. Wow, what a rush!

When that feeling starts to fade, when other crimes bump THEIR crime out of the headlines, imo, they start getting more enraged. They do NOT want to give up their vaulted status.

I believe that may set the stage for the planning for the next. Maybe escalating too in order to add more shock value to the next murder. It's my belief that is exactly what happened with this killer.

The Iowa cousins were found too late for any of his 'handiwork' to be on display for LE, and I think he has always regretted that their remains were not found sooner. In his eyes it was like a fantastic ice sculpture that melted before it was put on view.

This crime was different. He made sure their remains would be found early enough to have that full handiwork on display. He must have been so euphoric when he saw the reactions of LE at that first press conference.

Now they would respect him! Now they knew they were dealing with a professional! Not some rank amateur.

If this IS his attitude, and one of his triggers, it is precisely what scares me the most about his future plans.

Thanks again, carbuff. Excellent post!

(These are all my opinions only. Maybe I've just read too many true crime books...)

Great post, carbuff! You said it far better than I ever could. Thank you so much.

The only other point I'll add is my opinion about what may be one of the triggers. I believe that serial killers, in general, tend to bask in their own limelight. They love to read their press. They feel so important because THEY are the reason people are so shocked and devastated. All these articles are being written specifically about THEM. Here they are, nobodies in their own life, suddenly very important. Wow, what a rush!

When that feeling starts to fade, when other crimes bump THEIR crime out of the headlines, imo, they start getting more enraged. They do NOT want to give up their vaulted status.

I believe that may set the stage for the planning for the next. Maybe escalating too in order to add more shock value to the next murder. It's my belief that is exactly what happened with this killer.

The Iowa cousins were found too late for any of his 'handiwork' to be on display for LE, and I think he has always regretted that their remains were not found sooner. In his eyes it was like a fantastic ice sculpture that melted before it was put on view.

This crime was different. He made sure their remains would be found early enough to have that full handiwork on display. He must have been so euphoric when he saw the reactions of LE at that first press conference.

Now they would respect him! Now they knew they were dealing with a professional! Not some rank amateur.

If this IS his attitude, and one of his triggers, it is precisely what scares me the most about his future plans.

Thanks again, carbuff. Excellent post!

(These are all my opinions only. Maybe I've just read too many true crime books...)
That's a good point.

I'm not quite convinced that's what's going on here, but it certainly seems like a possibility.

why do we not think Lizzy and Lyric case is connected to this? both murders on the 13th day of the month. Lets say they are connected, just for a hypo.. how does he get two girls, twice in a row?

seems almost impossible for a random killing on the thirteenth day to be able to get two girls alone in a desolate location on two separate occasions. I mean what are the chances ?

if there is a meaning to the number thirteen then he is branding himself as the thirteen killer, he is looking to make a name for himself or send some kind of obtuse message.

he's traveling around and on the move if this these cases have any connection...he has to have money to get around...I apologize if this has been entirely ruled out as possible... I can see ways where it is possible and ways is seems unlikely.

I am one that believes there is a connection. I don't think the two sets of girls are his only victims though, I think he has murdered other girls or women here and there that have not been connected, as single murders though not double. I think there is a connection of dates with the sets of girls because the dates are mirrored and other similarities. Possibly he does lure them somehow though I would think LE would have discovered that. With throw away phones and what not who really knows? There could just be a lot of coincidences going on here, but to me it seems more far fetched that they aren't connected.

Without a doubt I do not think the person or persons that murdered Lyric and Lizzy had not murdered before and the same with the Delphi girls. In the beginning I had an idea that possibly two people murdered Lyric and Lizzy and it is possible one of them is also responsible for the Delphi girls. Either alone or with a different person this time.

Not sure he is after fame, possibly doing this just to satisfy his own evil needs. When it does happen that he can target two together he may get a lot of personal satisfaction that he was able to do that. Not sure he could plan it that way but if he is technically savvy the possibility is there.

Just my own ideas about it, of course I have been wrong before.

Don't want to get into witch-hunting innocent people, but there's a violent sex offender in Delphi who looks remarkably like BG IMO. Found him by scrolling through mugshots of Indiana sex offenders on google. When I clicked on his face and saw that he lived in Delphi my jaw almost hit the floor. His weight seemed to be a bit too much for BG, but then I found another site where his weight was estimated to be a lot less, and the picture they had of him looked even more like BG if anything, with his hair a little bit unkempt and growing out from the sides.

I'm sure police must be aware of him, and I guess he must have a rock-solid alibi for the day in question otherwise I'm sure he'd be a major suspect.

I can recall how young girls in middle school could be the cruelest with their remarks toward socially inept boys. What if BG was subjected to that in middle school and beyond, and never got over the comments he had to endure, nor resolved his antisocial behavior? And what if one day he takes a stroll through a park by himself, head down, minding his own business (as reclusive people tend to do) when two girls come along, and he notices them mocking him, giggling, and taking video, perhaps because of his appearance or his “duck walk”. Would that be enough to trigger an outrage that finally pushes him over the edge? Sociopaths are characterized as unstable, easily agitated, and prone to unpredictable outbursts of rage. Whatever violent crimes they may commit are likely to be spontaneous and haphazard. They choose not to blend into society, so they remain relatively unknown and unrecognizable even in their own community.

This scenario seems at least as plausible as a cunning serial killer who researches, plans and implements a succession of regional attacks (in public, no less).

Fellow esteemed members, re: connection between Iowa and Indiana double homicides, why would LE not reveal a possible link? Do you think it plausible that they would suspect a serial killer of young girls out there and say nothing, issue no cautions, etc.?? And don't you assume that the FBI Quantico ppl and other FBI investigators have noticed the similarities and taken it into account?

Are we all getting punch drunk from too long with no new information here?

Fellow esteemed members, re: connection between Iowa and Indiana double homicides, why would LE not reveal a possible link? Do you think it plausible that they would suspect a serial killer of young girls out there and say nothing, issue no cautions, etc.?? And don't you assume that the FBI Quantico ppl and other FBI investigators have noticed the similarities and taken it into account?

Are we all getting punch drunk from too long with no new information here?

Posted previously but good to re post with this discussion. Article is from March so of course their thoughts on a link could have changed. Hopefully a reporter will ask a follow up on this at some point.

http://www.wpta21.com/story/34703200/delphi-murders-strangely-similar-to-iowa-double-homicide

Authorities have noticed these two cases have things in common. Indiana State Police Sargent John Perrine says they've talked to Iowa police and compared notes. But for now, they haven't found a connection.

"The rumor that these cases are linked is strictly just a rumor," said Perrine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he walked them across the creek, was he thinking about throwing off the scent of dogs?

IMO If he was worried about throwing off the scent dogs he would have been more concerned about hiding the bodies a lot better than he did. From what I understand they weren't placed in deep woods or anything but rather close to the creek with little attempt to hide them.

Don't want to get into witch-hunting innocent people, but there's a violent sex offender in Delphi who looks remarkably like BG IMO. Found him by scrolling through mugshots of Indiana sex offenders on google. When I clicked on his face and saw that he lived in Delphi my jaw almost hit the floor. His weight seemed to be a bit too much for BG, but then I found another site where his weight was estimated to be a lot less, and the picture they had of him looked even more like BG if anything, with his hair a little bit unkempt and growing out from the sides.

I'm sure police must be aware of him, and I guess he must have a rock-solid alibi for the day in question otherwise I'm sure he'd be a major suspect.
Supposedly all CaCo RSO 's have been ruled out IIRC.
I have just watched a Michael Stroup investigative report which was interesting, from about 4 days ago. Does anyone know if it has already been linked on here? It is around 25 minutes long but very informative.

Interesting you've mentioned a military connection. Maybe a contractor?

Guy at work told me about Grissom air base, recently: I met a contractor years ago, who contracted strictly with the USAF. Think Dover and several others east of the Mississippi. He was a traveling contractor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peru,_Indiana

There are tons of jobs that include travel, so many we cannot imagine. I have never thought BG was a laborer myself. I think he is a little further up the food chain, and does have a job that requires travel. He may not be an office guy by any means but something in between. I have a neighbor that travels all the time, he is in construction but is a supervisor of several jobs spread out a considerable distance. He travels to many jobs to check on the progress or iron out problems that are causing delays. My neighbor would appear to be possibly a laborer at times but when he goes to work at the office his appearance as far as clothing/grooming is stepped up quite a bit. With a job like that there are many hours of self supervision. Pretty easy to spend a few hours here and there doing something else.

(Wow, interesting, especially the labor one...)

Supposedly all CaCo RSO 's have been ruled out IIRC.
I have just watched a Michael Stroup investigative report which was interesting, from about 4 days ago. Does anyone know if it has already been linked on here? It is around 25 minutes long but very informative.
I watched it just last night, I enjoyed it. Don't think it's been linked that I've noticed. Imo always

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member