IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #64

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone not considered that if RL have given ANYONE a ride that day he would have spoke up once he realized he was in serious trouble? Facing a ?3 year (I forget the exact sentence), his statement after sentencing was along the lines of if the girls hadn't been killed there....he would have ratted out whoever in a heartbeat for his own benefit!

MOO!

Cyberbullies. They've already posted the comment I made above.
Awe, and they even posted a screenshot of my image.
Post it here and it comes out there. It's an echo. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery Bop. What we discuss here at WS is of great interest and followed by many more guests than members. It is flattering but it would be best to have peoples opinions on the thread here as that is what is so good about WS.

Has anyone not considered that if RL have given ANYONE a ride that day he would have spoke up once he realized he was in serious trouble? Facing a ?3 year (I forget the exact sentence), his statement after sentencing was along the lines of if the girls hadn't been killed there....he would have ratted out whoever in a heartbeat for his own benefit!

MOO!
I agree. And for a chance at that reward. Can it be claimed by someone in jail?

I wish there was something else LE would and could release to us....I know we are just "amateur detectives", not trained FBI agents, but maybe there is sooooomething else the public can help contribute...like when LE released a picture of the cross in Jessica R's case...Foxfire always talked about the value of the public's help, and I toootally get keeping things close to the vest for various reasons, but even though we are not trained LE, many of us have seen thousands of cases here and something could ring a bell...not to mention our sleuthing skills whether it comes to identifying items of interest, online accounts...moo...

Out of curiosity, how many SKs have been linked to bank robberies? The level of confidence and verbal ordering of "down the hill" vs "give all your money", element of brazenness, mixed with the possible use of a gun imo lends itself toward a similar type of vibe in a way so to speak, despite the stark differences in these types of crimes.

Maybe crosscheck audio with bank robberies footage with audio...idk...

We have facial recognition, CODIS, etc....what about an audio database? I think I asked this before, forgot the answer lol..

I haven't been reading for a few days, but I have been thinking about the case. I think I may have come up with a possibility for a suspect (not a specific person, but a general category) that I haven't seen mentioned yet, although it may have been in the few posts I've missed. It's also possible that it's a way that this case might connect to the Iowa murders (and many others.)

I may have misunderstood what I've read, but I believe the Carroll County fairgrounds are fairly close to the bridge/trail. Although many carnival workers may be fine upstanding citizens, the lifestyle does a lot of rather unsavory characters. The county fair in Black Hawk County (Waterloo Iowa) appears to be held in July, which means it would have been there at, or near, the time the girls were taken. The one in Delphi/Flora wasn't happening at the time of the girls' deaths, but it could account for someone being familiar with the area but not familiar to the residents.

I've had friends over the years who worked in carnivals when younger, and it is very common for workers to seek out areas to drink/get high, meet up with locals, or even just find some peace and quiet. If a "carnie" had gone to the bridge for one or more of those reasons, he might get very familiar with it over the years, and the place would probably be somewhat isolated if there is a big fair going on close by so he wouldn't be seen much by locals. I think it might be interesting to talk to the owners of Wilson Family carnivals to see if there may have been someone who suddenly quit before they went to Carroll County this year and possibly looked fairly similar to the sketch.

I haven't found the schedule for the carnival company yet to see where they have been, but I'm looking to see if there have been unsolved murders/disappearances/assaults near the areas (especially with similar victims). MOO

I agree. And for a chance at that reward. Can it be claimed by someone in jail?

Someone currently incarcerated could very well know something, hence the release of most wanted playing cards in jails (linked upstream), etc. Good question if they can collect a reward in jail...

I haven't been reading for a few days, but I have been thinking about the case. I think I may have come up with a possibility for a suspect (not a specific person, but a general category) that I haven't seen mentioned yet, although it may have been in the few posts I've missed. It's also possible that it's a way that this case might connect to the Iowa murders (and many others.)

I may have misunderstood what I've read, but I believe the Carroll County fairgrounds are fairly close to the bridge/trail. Although many carnival workers may be fine upstanding citizens, the lifestyle does a lot of rather unsavory characters. The county fair in Black Hawk County (Waterloo Iowa) appears to be held in July, which means it would have been there at, or near, the time the girls were taken. The one in Delphi/Flora wasn't happening at the time of the girls' deaths, but it could account for someone being familiar with the area but not familiar to the residents.

I've had friends over the years who worked in carnivals when younger, and it is very common for workers to seek out areas to drink/get high, meet up with locals, or even just find some peace and quiet. If a "carnie" had gone to the bridge for one or more of those reasons, he might get very familiar with it over the years, and the place would probably be somewhat isolated if there is a big fair going on close by so he wouldn't be seen much by locals. I think it might be interesting to talk to the owners of Wilson Family carnivals to see if there may have been someone who suddenly quit before they went to Carroll County this year and possibly looked fairly similar to the sketch.

I haven't found the schedule for the carnival company yet to see where they have been, but I'm looking to see if there have been unsolved murders/disappearances/assaults near the areas (especially with similar victims). MOO
Yes, the killer could very well be such a transient.

Ok I'm truly a broken record grrrrrr we need more information released. I'm truly getting disgusted that the LE hasn't done so because the current plan is not working.
/end_rant

Were they known sks, child killers or pedophiles?

That wasn't your original question! I believe they killed a few people, but never heard that they had attacked any children in any way. They had dinner one night at the home of my great-grandparents, and I was told that, even though the family was slightly uncomfortable about it, both men were well behaved and thanked them for their hospitality.

Going back to square 1 in my mind with all I have learned about the location, particularly what does indeed seem like familiarity with the specific area (knowing what "down the hill led to,knowing no homes were nearby, probably knowing the flat area that was there). Trying to make list of every reason a person would or could have for having been there in that spot. Do ppl fish there? Pan for gold? Picnic? By thr creek I mean.

I would call them stalkers. How strange to follow members and copy and paste comments from WS to other forums. Why not sign up and comment right on here? We don't bite.
Have any of my theories,comments or posts in general made it to the outside?

Going back to square 1 in my mind with all I have learned about the location, particularly what does indeed seem like familiarity with the specific area (knowing what "down the hill led to,knowing no homes were nearby, probably knowing the flat area that was there). Trying to make list of every reason a person would or could have for having been there in that spot at one time. Do ppl fish there? Pan for gold? Picnic? Drinking place for teens? By the creek I mean. On the non-private property. After a hiker has crossed the bridge, do they just turn around, or is there an adjoining trail that continues?

I'm still stuck on the notion that this was someone who was employed to survey or maintain the trail in some way. Forestry? Power and electric lines? Clearing trees? Not sure, but this is the line of thinking I am developing.

Editing to add that I would certainly hope anyone affiliated with that nearby cemetery has been scrutinized....

All amateur opinion and speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members