IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #64

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching the above video clip, I think the longshoreman cap released in the sketch is as accurate as the FBI sketch artist could get. I don't think the sketch artist just drew that specific cap on his head because a hat needed to be drawn there.

But they specifically used the term "flaps"...

But they specifically used the term "flaps"...
That's so weird. Longshoreman caps don't have flaps.

Maybe some witnesses didn't see flaps? There must be a really good reason why the sketch isn't an exact representation of what the monster was wearing.

These type of hats can come with flaps that can be tucked up under the hat or pulled down over the ears.
Just google newsboy hat with flaps.

I missed these quotes earlier I think re: the civil liabilities...interesting because I can't say I recall LE ever having to make such a response before specifically mentioning legalities (al though I expect this type of directive might be issued more in future high profile cases). This is something WS is obviously very clear about, hence the tight rules in place here, thank goodness.

"Indiana State Police chief public information officer, Captain Dave Bursten, said the growing problem of “armchair sleuthing” was hindering the investigation, according to the*Indy Star.

“Those (pictures and posts) are of no value and take up investigative time,” he said.

He also warned “a person that does that may open themselves up to some civil liability”.

They will have to suffer the consequences of their own stupidity.”

People might find themselves on the wrong end of a defamation or libel lawsuit.

“They are placing themselves in legal jeopardy, and they are doing absolutely nothing to help the investigation,” he said."

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...g/news-story/18003684d88ff41021d30d58aa27a6ac

There must have been some really good reason why the sketch took "almost forever" to be released. I can't figure that one out either.

These type of hats can come with flaps that can be tucked up under the hat or pulled down over the ears.
Just google newsboy hat with flaps.

Thanks Cyber sleuth. So do they want us to see his ears then? Do they know what his ears look like?

Yes, I think we are to assume he has two ears.

But we cannot assume that he has a full head of hair with no receding hairline.

Possibly he had flaps tucked when he crossed paths with eye witness.

It wasn't cold that day and the monster has on a hat with flaps and a thick hoodie jacket. This makes me think of homeless or transient people that always wear all their (clothing) belongings because if they take them off, they'll be stolen.

I'm with you 100%.

I believe he used a burner/trac phone. Maybe even at a pawn shop or some such.

Some members believe it's easy to trace folks, online. I'm here to say "no, it's not", especially when someone knows how to cover their tracks. It's easy to do, really, with all the software available out there. People have used Skype to make fake phone calls to 911, using other's phone #'s to do it. Stuff like that.

I think BG is a lot more sophisticated than many give him credit for.

-FD

Seems to be quite a seasoned, experienced perp indeed considering he hasn't been found yet.

That's it exactly. With this hat, he takes on the persona of a longshoreman from the Chicago docks, an Irishman from Boston, or an odd freight train hopper.

Really? I'm used to this look. Ex wore that kind. He was an engineer...a pencil pusher in OH. But maybe it's younger people who find it odd. But pls pretend I didn't say all this, because we're not supposed to be on the HAT topic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really? I'm used to this look. Ex wore that kind. He was an engineer...a pencil pusher in OH. But maybe it's younger people who find it odd. But pls pretend I didn't say all this, because we're not supposed to be on the HAT topic.

I hope no offense, but you made me snort water out of my nose! Good one Aydrianna523!

It wasn't cold that day and the monster has on a hat with flaps and a thick hoodie jacket. This makes me think of homeless or transient people that always wear all their (clothing) belongings because if they take them off, they'll be stolen.

That is quite true. I remember seeing an older homeless fellow sitting a street curb dressed in full winter gear in the sun one very hot summer day. I tried to offer him a bottle of water but he very politely said no to my offer. I ended up calling the authorities because I didn't want him to develop a heat related illness in 100F+ degree temperatures.

attachment.php

This is an unusual cap. If he was local and frequently wore this distinctive cap, people would remember it and would have turned him in to LE. He's a transient, IMO. How far away is the nearest train track?

Would you members call this hat "a flat hat resembling a beret", what do you think?

I have a certain reason to ask but I'm thinking of TOS .... you understand. ;) To only say, I am familar with abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

When I see younger men wearing these caps, I always wonder if they are wearing their deceased dads' caps. These were very popular with "union men" over half a century ago.

(I might have missed a post saying we weren't supposed to talk about the hat??? If so, apologies...!)

Would you members call this hat "a flat hat resembling a beret", what do you think?

I have a certain reason to ask but I'm thinking of TOS .... you understand. ;) To only say, I am familar with abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

No, I wouldn't say it's a beret. I don't post regularly on this thread, so I don't know about TOS issues with a beret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member