IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police say they have played more audio from Libby German's cell phone for the victims' families. The recording contains "stuff girls talk about," but police say the girls also talk about a man who is behind them.

Monday marks six months since the girls' bodies were found in a wooded area near the Delphi trails where they were last seen.

https://www.facebook.com/WTHR13/?hc...PsOVe7I-lU7MxKvkuFrx7YJAxJFM-ImL-CvRQ&fref=nf

That had to have been heartbreaking for the families to hear their girl's final words just before losing their lives. Very sad.

This latest LE info is encouraging. It appears they do have several sources of DNA and additional audio of the girls discussions. It is not clear whether that audio is before or after the BG video and DTH audio however. Several witnesses saw and described BG, and these descriptions went into the sketch.
Some wording by LE seems to indicate that more than just the killer was present. and could therefore provide information. There appears to be people who can still come forward. There is a cryptic element here, I think. I get the feeling LE is almost appealing to those certain people. This is making me wonder if the next stage of the investigation is to release some additional audio and/or video. This does sound hopeful IMO.

My first thought on this comment is that maybe the witnesses know that BG is local and are afraid to come forward.

My Indiana family, and Kentucky family, often use "they" to mean singular.

Ex: There was a guy selling drugs in the parking lot. They need to be arrested.

Point being, the use of "they" could be a regional thing and does not necessarily denote plurality.

"They" with a singular intent is definitely a regional thing, one of my pet peeves, actually. Living here in Indiana even reporters use it on television broadcasts and news reports. "A man was struck by a hit and run driver. They were taken to the hospital in critical condition."

When I correct papers and mark usage of "they" as an error students are often genuinely confused. They grew up hearing "Each child should pick up their toys" and "A girl left her bag. They need to come and pick it up." It makes teaching grammar difficult.

heard exactly nothing from Holman that would indicate to me that LE suspects two perps. And I.believe what he meant by "others could help," is exactly what he said, that they can't pursue certain avenues of inquiry without giving up the crime scene/MO information they need to protect to be able to distinguish bad tips from good, avoid fake confessions, etc. Like (crazy example)if they found that victims had been posed with occult items, or for that matter Hello Kitty items. They could interrogate a zillion occult groups and male hello kitty fans and then it gets out and soon every man who owned a cat or wore black tshirts would be tipped in by their neighbors, and invite freakos like the dude from Thailand or wherever who falsely confessed to JonBenet's murder to pop out of the woodwork and confess. Thats my impression. He meant what he said. Lets not make this more mysterious than it is.

JMO...

I think the items released today, i.e. they have Libby's actual phone (!!!), confirming there IS DNA and potentially from more than one source (!!!!!), mentioning the additional audio in a little more detail, etc is the BEST news we've heard in a long time! The only bad thing is it's taken 6 long months for it to surface. I'm really hoping LE gets a solid lead and a substantial break in this case very soon!

Prayers for Abby and Libby!

INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter strongly pushed back Monday on reports of new information in the case of two Delphi girls killed

Sunday marked the six-month anniversary of the disappearance of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams at the Monon High Bridge in Delphi, Indiana.

To memorialize the day, many news outlets, including RTV6, ran stories about the girls’ murders and the status of the investigation.

Some of those stories, according to Supt. Carter, contained information that was not accurate. Chiefly, that police have recovered new audio in the case. RTV6 did not report that.

“Any notion of the release of information regarding the Delphi murders is simply not accurate,” Carter said.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...of-new-delphi-information-simply-not-accurate

My first thought on this comment is that maybe the witnesses know that BG is local and are afraid to come forward.

My first thought is that he is going to have to be kept in protective custody in the slammer because the other inmates will want to give him a very "special" welcome to his new home! :jail:

Do you think Liberty threw the phone during a struggle knowing it was the best way to catch the guy? He possibly looked for it in a hurry but couldn't find it. From a criminal monster's perspective he made a major blunder leaving it behind but I'm so glad he didn't take it.

Yes I do. I don't think LE saw the phone at the crime scene originally but when they went back later to search, they found it.

INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter strongly pushed back Monday on reports of new information in the case of two Delphi girls killed

Sunday marked the six-month anniversary of the disappearance of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams at the Monon High Bridge in Delphi, Indiana.

To memorialize the day, many news outlets, including RTV6, ran stories about the girls’ murders and the status of the investigation.

Some of those stories, according to Supt. Carter, contained information that was not accurate. Chiefly, that police have recovered new audio in the case. RTV6 did not report that.

“Any notion of the release of information regarding the Delphi murders is simply not accurate,” Carter said.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...of-new-delphi-information-simply-not-accurate

That sure doesn't give me a lot of confidence in LE. The lead detective says one thing and the ISP says that info is not accurate. Or is the reporter to blame?

I need help with this line of thinking.
This trail must require a fair amount of maintenance. Does anyone know if parks/trails in the surrounding area have specific people solely dedicated to them or do they travel around to all the various parks servicing them? I could imagine a tree trimmer, or some similar function moving about the national park system, and therefore not quickly identified.

I just wonder if the forestry folks have been quite involved. One would think?

Police say they have played more audio from Libby German's cell phone for the victims' families. The recording contains "stuff girls talk about," but police say the girls also talk about a man who is behind them.

Monday marks six months since the girls' bodies were found in a wooded area near the Delphi trails where they were last seen.

https://www.facebook.com/WTHR13/?hc...PsOVe7I-lU7MxKvkuFrx7YJAxJFM-ImL-CvRQ&fref=nf

So if the remaining audio (not yet released) is just girl talk, where does the LE mention of the stuff of nightmares come from? I always assumed it described the full audio/video. I'll go back and search for a quote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Indiana family, and Kentucky family, often use "they" to mean singular.

Ex: There was a guy selling drugs in the parking lot. They need to be arrested.

Point being, the use of "they" could be a regional thing and does not necessarily denote plurality.

Increasing use of "they" is considered a part of promoting inclusion & diversity. "they" is gender-neutral and used to indicate humans. We tend not to use the gender-neutral pronoun "it" for humans.

YMMV JMHO LRL etc

So if the remaining audio (not yet released) is just girl talk, where does the LE mention of the stuff of nightmares come from? I always assumed it described the full audio/video. I'll go back and search for a quote.

Direct quote

A source familiar with the investigation described the full recording as "the stuff of nightmares."

Source:
https://www.ksat.com/inside-edition...uspect-5-months-after-murder-of-indiana-teens

My first thought is that he is going to have to be kept in protective custody in the slammer because the other inmates will want to give him a very "special" welcome to his new home! :jail:

This immediately made me think of the guy who is in jail for drinking and breaking his probation! Can't think of his initials, he lives in the house on the property by the bridge/trails.

I don't think he had a thing to do with the murders! However....., the way LE treated him and put him in jail so fast and the judge gave him the long sentence, something is quirky about all that, IMO. I feel he knows something and is afraid to talk.

Consequently, LE has him behind bars, in a safe environment. I bet he is not in general population!

My opinions only.

The "Reply with quote" button will show what post you are replying to. Now, what do you think is possible because I would like to know what you think. Just a friendly suggestion here. :seeya:

I realize how this works; I have been around here for a few years. Tapatalk went wonky as I posted.

Do you think Liberty threw the phone during a struggle knowing it was the best way to catch the guy? He possibly looked for it in a hurry but couldn't find it. From a criminal monster's perspective he made a major blunder leaving it behind but I'm so glad he didn't take it.

Yes, I believe this was highly possible.

Holman is very careful *not* to say that they have isolated the perp's DNA. He says that they have recovered DNA from the scene (and mentions the DNA of family members and touch DNA, etc) AND he agrees that all perps leave DNA at a crime scene. He then mentions that [6 months later] labs are (paraphrasing) "still trying lots of techniques" [to isolate DNA]. This tells me that they have not successfully isolated DNA known to be perps. It suggests to me that no SA-related DNA was recovered, and also that fingernail scrapings have not yielded DNA in sufficient quantity or quality to be isolated and identified. Otherwise the lab would not be working on this 6 months later. Sounds like they have degraded/and or trace DNA that they believe to be perp's, but after 6 months lab is still trying to extract a profile. <br>
<br>
I am glad and grateful (but not surprised) that they are persevering in the effort.

I'm so confused. If the phone was just girl talk why would Libby have recorded?? Then what is the stuff of nightmares? Unless the audio they had before was the nightmare and now they recovered new stuff that is just girl talk? but why would she record that?

No because LE said the phone was found with the girls.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member