IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for reports that there is new DNA in the case, Leazenby said that isn’t necessarily so.

“My position, it’s not exactly new DNA but rather additional DNA that has been collected from people who have been interviewed from the new tips and leads from the sketch,” he said. “The investigation since the sketch has included follow-up interviews and contact with new individuals that haven’t been brought up before.”

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_c35ee7e6-8226-11e7-a754-cfb0130fab69.html

-Nin

As for reports that there is new DNA in the case, Leazenby said that isn’t necessarily so.

“My position, it’s not exactly new DNA but rather additional DNA that has been collected from people who have been interviewed from the new tips and leads from the sketch,” he said. “The investigation since the sketch has included follow-up interviews and contact with new individuals that haven’t been brought up before.”

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_c35ee7e6-8226-11e7-a754-cfb0130fab69.html

-Nin
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10....you owe me a coke.

[FONT=&amp]Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby addressed whether the local, county, state and federal officers working on the case are close to solving the slayings of Williams, 13, and German, 14, both of Delphi.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“It’s hard to gauge that,” he said. “It’s like digging into a haystack for a needle, and we’re pretty far into that haystack and that means getting closer to that needle.”
“My position, it’s not exactly new DNA but rather additional DNA that has been collected from people who have been interviewed from the new tips and leads from the sketch,” he said.
“The focus has went a little more detailed now. We have investigators from federal down to the local level who go into the field every day and follow into the new tips and ask for voluntary DNA samples to submit to compare with evidence already collected.
BBM
Link to this newsbug article. http://newsbug.info/monticello_hera...cle_c35ee7e6-8226-11e7-a754-cfb0130fab69.html[/FONT]

That's funny! We posted at the same time. And that was an article from yesterday!

-Nin

[FONT=&amp]Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby addressed whether the local, county, state and federal officers working on the case are close to solving the slayings of Williams, 13, and German, 14, both of Delphi.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“It’s hard to gauge that,” he said. “It’s like digging into a haystack for a needle, and we’re pretty far into that haystack and that means getting closer to that needle.”
“My position, it’s not exactly new DNA but rather additional DNA that has been collected from people who have been interviewed from the new tips and leads from the sketch,” he said.
“The focus has went a little more detailed now. We have investigators from federal down to the local level who go into the field every day and follow into the new tips and ask for voluntary DNA samples to submit to compare with evidence already collected.
BBM
Link to this newsbug article. http://newsbug.info/monticello_hera...cle_c35ee7e6-8226-11e7-a754-cfb0130fab69.html[/FONT]

RBIBM (so as not to confuse the part you originally bolded)
(Oh, never mind. It italicized the whole post. I bolded the quote from Sheriff Leazenby. ImnoSherlock bolded the last sentence. Sigh.)

JMO...
This tells me they have DNA which has not matched the girls, their families or their friends or any other known or expected source, and can compare it to a possible suspect.
Thank God if this is really true.
:loveyou:
JMO.

RBIBM (so as not to confuse the part you originally bolded)

JMO...
This tells me they have DNA which has not matched the girls, their families or their friends or any other known or expected source, and can compare it to a possible suspect.
Thank God if this is really true.
:loveyou:
JMO.
That's how I read it as well.

Though the logistics of this might be difficult, this idea of going to local pubs and getting this guys voice and picture up, actually resounded for me. And this next is nothing that I can prove. It is solely anecdotal, but your comment made me realize who this guy (the suspect) reminded me of.

I haven't lived in the midwest, but I did spend a good bit of time in small towns in New England. And the suspect's style of attire (with or without the half-cap) reminds me of the guys who would drive the distribution trucks for various brands. Say Miller Lite, or certain cigarette distributors. They would travel the back roads in medium size trucks, delivering to all the local convenience store, and gas stations. And they were always dressed exactly like our perp in this case. Even in the dead of winter. The baggy jeans, the hoodie under the bomber type jacket. And a cap was not unusual-(please no one attack about the cap--I'm just sayin').

And they would often frequent these local pubs. You'd walk into certain pubs and the guys all had on identical working-man's attire. And they smoked a lot.

(That voice on the loop sounds like a heavy smoker to me. He looks young, but his voice has possibly aged from smoke--again, anecdotal...just from my own experience.)

But if this killer was a working guy, who distributes locally, that might explain his familiarity with an area he doesn't necessarily live in. And it also might explain how he is able to be off from work, on a weekday, in the afternoon. He may have completed his rounds in the morning. Or, he has a schedule where he works weekends and has some week days off.

But it was your comment about bars that made me think of it.

Nothing concrete here. And LE has not stated this guy was a smoker, or a driver for local distributor. But that's what he looks like to me.

Interesting, I have lived in New England my entire life, both Maine and NH. I'm just going to make an observation based off what you saw. Anyone dressed like that here would not be what we consider local attire. They wouldn't fit in, an outsider, transient. Going along the point you noticed all these guys were truck drivers to some degree, it makes one ponder.

Did you ever notice if these trucks had out of state plates? Trucking is a big thing here constantly have out of state trucks here as well as people leaving from Maine/NH etc to other places. I notice most of the guys in my area have a typical redneck New England style. Its kind of a thing here, if you dont own a carhart or north face jacket you aren't a local lol.

It just seems to me that's an awful lot of trouble to go through, abduct them and then later dump the bodies.

One of JM's videos shows the back of the cemetery, where it meets private property. There's a wire fence at the property line. I think it would have to take more than one person to carry out such a scenario, and it would be terribly risky, and there's some distance from the CS to the back of the cemetery, I'd guess around 600-700 feet, and varied terrain.

Falling Down, perhaps it seems like an awful lot of trouble because you are not the killer of two girls. I was not certain if you have seen the wire fence at the corner of the cemetery.

This is a SS taken by one of our WS members although my apologies are extended for not recalling who posted this and added red drawings.

ce234c4c9358b3f078c03e6fe81d1127.jpg

This is my first comment on this thread. I've read 1-5 and then jumped ahead so I bet you all have discussed the "down the hill" audio many times and I would like to add my 2 cents in here. I know it's only 3 words spoken but I detect an accent and it's one I believe I'm familiar with. I spent time in north-western Illinois as a kid visiting with cousins, aunts and uncles... they lived very close to the Iowa border. If you had asked my uncle (a true sweetheart and long deceased now) to speak these 3 words and told him it was to instruct someone to go down a hill... he'd have sounded exactly like the recording... nasally voice and all. It's not just the pronunciation of those 3 words but the inflection of the word "hill" being spoken somewhat higher in tone.... (almost a question being asked but it's anything but a question... the higher tone makes it a polite demand instead.) That Illinois "politeness" being used when asking someone else to do something... no matter WHAT you are asking them to do or what you might have in mind. There is no friendliness in the voice at all so you know he's already completely in control of the situation and sees the importance of not being demanding or nasty about it. Anything to keep them as calm as possible until they're out of anyone's possible viewpoint.

I've lived a lot of different places, and the dialect wasn't familiar to me. I guessed mid-west because I have a lot of friends from that region, especially Indiana, and as few words as there were, it did remind me of their speech patterns.

Interesting analysis.

sounds like a "reporters" misinformation to me.
The police reports have said a "family member" was to pick her up.
A couple newspaper articles said "her sister dropped her off and was to pick her up"..
so this is a first as far as the father being involved that I have read.

I recently saw an interview with a family member, she was asked the direct question of who was to pick them up at the bridge. She said that her father was to have picked them up. She even detailed that going to walk there was a last-minute decision, and when she asked permission to go she said her sister had offered to take them but someone else needed to pick them up.

She called her father and asked if he would be able to pick them up at the bridge. He agreed, and so off they went with her sister.

i will look for that link! And come back and edit my post to add.

Thank you! This is an excellent link with a summary of much information about the Iowa cousins, Lizzie and Lyric.

Much of interest in the article, especially what it states about an occupation in question. 'Training Automotive Damage Field Inspector.'

A person who could easily roam a wide geographic area while performing job duties. Very interesting indeed.

Thank you again for posting this!

Yep and then why not release that part of the video so we could actually see BG in motion on the bridge instead of the 3 frames we have?

I know many have been frustrated by having only 2 photos (from LG's video) of the murderer. I'm wondering if those 2 "photos" were chosen by LE because they are the clearest images that can be produced from what LG filmed. As for releasing more of the video of the murderer walking on the bridge; I don't think it would be very helpful. People walking on that bridge seem to have to plan ahead to take each step, one at a time, slowly and while looking down for safety sake and this would not be an accurate example of their normal walking gait. I would assume that LG would not film this man for very long anyway because she was filming him because she and AW were nervous about him and she would not want to let him see that she had a phone and was filming HIM. Wisely and with a level of bravery I can hardly imagine... and breaks my heart, too... but she kept her phone a secret from the murderer thereby assuring that the phone would survive after she and her friend were gone. Nothing has been said about AW's phone that I have read. I have to wonder if those girls were smart enough to hand AG's phone over to the murderer and tell him that that was the only phone they had with them... "just there to take photos is all... and only one phone between the 2 of them." I would not put such thinking beyond these 2 girls... I think they were very smart. Otherwise; where is AW's phone? Why no mention of it being or not being found? How was it he didn't just KNOW in 2017 these girls would naturally both have phones... and, besides, wasn't he following them and didn't he see them take a photo or two? (or did he have to watch his own feet on that bridge) Just speculating and wondering.

I recently saw an interview with a family member, she was asked the direct question of who was to pick them up at the bridge. She said that her father was to have picked them up. She even detailed that going to walk there was a last-minute decision, and when she asked permission to go she said her sister had offered to take them but someone else needed to pick them up.

She called her father and asked if he would be able to pick them up at the bridge. He agreed, and so off they went with her sister.

JMO...

This was addressed in the GH Debunking Video #6. He apparently spoke in a FB group with Becky Patty and she provided him the information regarding the pick up and the timeline. (The same FB group where the post was made that he was debunking.

There are some who are skeptical as to whether or not it's the "real" Becky Patty he was in contact with, as FB accounts are not easily verified and none of this info has been directly related to the public by LE.

Personally, I would be very surprised if GH had not independently verified his source, as he's already up to Debunking Video #6 and appears to be on a quest to stop all the misinformation. But it is the internet, so we can all choose whether or not to accept it as fact or fiction.

If you find that link I'd be interested in that interview.

If I'm thinking of the same interview, it came from FB.

Interesting, I have lived in New England my entire life, both Maine and NH. I'm just going to make an observation based off what you saw. Anyone dressed like that here would not be what we consider local attire. They wouldn't fit in, an outsider, transient. Going along the point you noticed all these guys were truck drivers to some degree, it makes one ponder.

Did you ever notice if these trucks had out of state plates? Trucking is a big thing here constantly have out of state trucks here as well as people leaving from Maine/NH etc to other places. I notice most of the guys in my area have a typical redneck New England style. Its kind of a thing here, if you dont own a carhart or north face jacket you aren't a local lol.

I was in Mass. And my impression was that they were local. In fact, I had a friend, not a driver, but one who dressed very similar to the suspect, and he was someone who loaded product off and on trucks.

I'm surprised this style of working-man's of attire isn't prevalent in Maine or NH. I kind of associate it with small towns near the coast as well--Salem Mass, the Cape. But I've never lived in either Maine or NH, so I'll take your word for it.

It could be that many of the drivers I saw were traveling from state to state. That's very possible. I do recall a few local pubs and hanging places where every guy pretty much looked like the suspect.

It's so hard to know, though. Where I live now, in Google land, you don't see men dress this way, at all. Which is why the flat-cap stood out. It is so unusual for where I'm living now, for even working class guys to dress like that-but climate may also have something to do with this. And in the south, where I have a lot of family, I've never seen this attire. Not saying it doesn't happen, it's just not common.

I have searched, but can't find this. But I am sure I either read or saw the same interview. Maybe it was in a FB page.

I sent a request (to add to Media thread, and to fix my link on the second post that takes you to my profile page instead of to the first half.... duhhh)). Glad it has been helpful to many.

I gave a small shout out to your work here, but again, thank you. I have transcribed a few interviews, just for myself -- and it was so hard. It took me forever, and I kept finding mistakes. I've never done it again since. When you first posted, I thought you'd be at if for weeks. That was amazingly fast work, and very well organized. It's easy to find what you are looking for. Very helpful. Thank you.

I gave a small shout out to your work here, but again, thank you. I have transcribed a few interviews, just for myself -- and it was so hard. It took me forever, and I kept finding mistakes. I've never done it again since. When you first posted, I thought you'd be at if for weeks. That was amazingly fast work, and very well organized. It's easy to find what you are looking for. Very helpful. Thank you.

ugh ... thank you, and yes it was difficult to have to pause, rewind constantly. Finding the right time-mark for that took up a lot of extra time. I thought it took forever! With the right equipment, it should not have taken more than an hour ... sigh. Det. was quite easy to do, but they darned reporter! She can't make good sense in her questions.

Hoping mods will put it in the media thread. It is not there yet, though.

It just seems to me that's an awful lot of trouble to go through, abduct them and then later dump the bodies.

One of JM's videos shows the back of the cemetery, where it meets private property. There's a wire fence at the property line. I think it would have to take more than one person to carry out such a scenario, and it would be terribly risky, and there's some distance from the CS to the back of the cemetery, I'd guess around 600-700 feet, and varied terrain.

I agree. Adding the loading and unloading of two teenaged girls into and out of a vehicle, is logistically clunky. Not to mention that no one has ever mentioned seeing tire tracks near where the girls were found or where they were possibly abducted. And there has never been a mention of a sighting of a suspicious vehicle in any area associated with these murders.

LE does have a recording of some of what occurred to these two brave girls. I would think that if the girls hinted at or spoke of being forced into a car, or if something like this was recorded, it would probably have been mentioned to the public. This info. might really help identify the killer. I don't see any logical reason for information this relevant to finding this guy, to have been held back. Anything that points to who this man is, would be helpful in finding him. And LE has been clear that they want the public's assistance in this.

There are a series of videos that actually follow the general path of where the girls and their killer likely walked, and there is this one spot in the creek that is very shallow and easily crossed. I think you may have pointed to this, in one of your posts. Your theory holds a lot of weight for me.

For anyone new to the forum, the following videos help give visual context to the murders:

[video=youtube;NJopmUgnMAc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJopmUgnMAc[/video]
[video=youtube;XzMvbfkhVlw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzMvbfkhVlw[/video]
[video=youtube;yQCv3TeNayk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQCv3TeNayk[/video]

I was only allowed to post three of the videos, here are the other two:

[video=youtube;wtucI-PIKJY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtucI-PIKJY[/video]
[video=youtube;OBUv3XMzG4I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBUv3XMzG4I&t=528s[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l