IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to believe that this perp would be so tech savvy as to create fake profiles using sophisticated VPNs and communicate only in a strictly untraceable manner. Had there been any prior communication, one has to believe LE would have tracked the perp down by now.

Were he that tech savvy, he'd have had a plan for her cell phone. Every parent should be aware of how to log in and find their child's phone, and that savvy a perp would be aware of that possibility.

Someone said they did the same hike previously. Someone said one lives close by. That makes more sense for them being there than a perp choosing a hiking path as a place to meet. He could have picked them up in his car, and have been long gone with the victims for days.
There is a guy from Kokomo who gave the 15 yo girl he preyed on a cell phone that her parents had no knowledge of just so he could keep in contact. I believe these guys are devious and are fully capable of and very used to hiding their illegal activity on line.

ETA: if they haven't been able to isolate the killers DNA. Then I don't see how they could have used parabon. Which makes me question the "doesn't think his eyes are blue" comment. It's hard for me to believe a witness noticed his eye color while passing the suspect. I don't think many people would notice what color eyes someone had unless they are very distinct eyes. Especially being a witness who randomly saw him on the trail that day. I'm confused as to how they can be so confident that he doesn't have blue eyes. Also given the witness came forward months later?? I know it is possible that LE does actually have the killers DNA isolated. And they are just leading the media to believe they don't so the killer thinks he got away with it. All my own opinion

When LE used the expression "no blue eyes" as they did, it almost certainly was an implicit admission that they indeed have DNA, but that it did not provide them with a database match. Consequently, the next step for them was to have a Parabon Pheontyping Snapshot report created, which provided them with the recently released composite image. As an example, here is an actual Snapshot creation of a suspect in a 1986 murder who has yet to be identified, much less apprehended. (Note the "99% confidence" that his eyes are brown/hazel, i.e., not blue.)

The guy in black that was seen there that day has not been talked about much.

With the upcoming trials of the Wisconsin girls who stated they committed their crime because they wished to become proxies for the Slender Man, could this case be similar?

There is a guy from Kokomo who gave the 15 yo girl he preyed on a cell phone that her parents had no knowledge of just so he could keep in contact. I believe these guys are devious and are fully capable of and very used to hiding their illegal activity on line.
There is no indication that there was previous communication in this case however.

In a double murder case, LE can and will execute subpoenas and search warrants to obtain information from companies that provide Internet Service, web pages, communication apps, text services, cell services.

By now, they would have been able to track this person down, if not contact him directly to set up a trap.

That was in response to the idea that he's always on and takes a victim whenever opportunity arises... like he just happened to be on a day hike and saw a couple of girls.

Men, be they average, nerds, handsome or serial killers, are human. They wake up and sometimes have energy, and sometimes feel tired, just like everyone else. Men also have to be in the mood. To commit a sexual assault, one also has to not only be in the mood, but so much so that the urge overpowers rational thought and self preservation. Thus, there is usually a predatory element to these sort of cases. There's a build up until the urge takes over and then they need to find a sexual partner with some urgency.

My point was he's not out in sweat pants, hiking boots and a bladder pack filled with Gatorade. He's not walking his dog. It's likely the point of being there is to hunt for a victim, rather than being out for a walk.
Do you have any references for these urges that take over rational thought and behaviour? Are you saying rapists and murderers cannot control these urges? Is this a recognised problem?

That was in response to the idea that he's always on and takes a victim whenever opportunity arises... like he just happened to be on a day hike and saw a couple of girls.

Men, be they average, nerds, handsome or serial killers, are human. They wake up and sometimes have energy, and sometimes feel tired, just like everyone else. Men also have to be in the mood. To commit a sexual assault, one also has to not only be in the mood, but so much so that the urge overpowers rational thought and self preservation. Thus, there is usually a predatory element to these sort of cases. There's a build up until the urge takes over and then they need to find a sexual partner with some urgency.

My point was he's not out in sweat pants, hiking boots and a bladder pack filled with Gatorade. He's not walking his dog. It's likely the point of being there is to hunt for a victim, rather than being out for a walk.

Ok I see. :) I meant on psychologically. The sexual urge can follow the presentation of an opportunity. Or not. However, according to serial killers themselves they are always thinking about it. However, I do think he was actively hunting that day and didn't mean to imply otherwise. As you said, his clothing is a strong indication of that.

Sex can be had anywhere for significantly less risk. It's the irresistable psychological urge that caused him to kidnap two teens in a public place in broad daylight with other people around. Whatever that urge is.

Studies have shown serial killers are always prowling either actively or passively. Kind of like a freshly fed cat's pupils will dilate if you pull a string in front of them. They may or may not chase the string, but the urge is always right under the surface because they're predators.

Edited to say I didn't mean to imply a killer strikes each time an opportunity presents itself. They'd all be caught if that was the case. Don't we wish.

Read up on Ted Bundy. He often returned to the bodies of his victims to spend more time with them and committed unspeakable acts with them, and even put makeup on them. The Wikipedia page on him goes into detail on that. Not sure if you meant while the victims were alive or after death, so I apologize if I misunderstood your post.

Hopefully, the third time's the charm. I've written and lost this twice already.

I have read about him and several others, but I'm more interested in the statistics. I've read many books, articles, websites, etc. about stats involving serial killers. I know that some of them spend a good amount of time with their victims (and/or their bodies), but the post I quoted said that they "typically" want to spend more time with them. I want to know if there is a source for that info because there may be other facts I've missed in my reading. I won't go into all of the traits I have found again because that seems to be when my computer freezes up and I have to restart my post. MOO

There is no indication that there was previous communication in this case however.

In a double murder case, LE can and will execute subpoenas and search warrants to obtain information from companies that provide Internet Service, web pages, communication apps, text services, cell services.

By now, they would have been able to track this person down, if not contact him directly to set up a trap.

I am afraid I do not have your confidence that this is so easy to do with encrypted apps that are designed not to be traceable.

Hi all. Tonight we were watching America's Funniest home Videos. It was season 27, episode 5. There was a man wearing a brown pack that caught my eye. I have no idea if BG was wearing one of these, but it stood out and has been bugging me. ABC won't let me watch the episode online and I don't use a dvr. Is there someone on the west coast that might be able to catch it?

ETA - I know this sounds like a reach, and yes, it is kind of - but there was a guy wearing the pack and he had jeans on. There was a segment on trains as well and I can't remember if this was part of it or if it was just around the same time.

Ok I see. :) I meant on psychologically. The sexual urge can follow the presentation of an opportunity. Or not. However, according to serial killers themselves they are always thinking about it. However, I do think he was actively hunting that day and didn't mean to imply otherwise. As you said, his clothing is a strong indication of that.

Sex can be had anywhere for significantly less risk. It's the irresistable psychological urge that caused him to kidnap two teens in a public place in broad daylight with other people around. Whatever that urge is.

Studies have shown serial killers are always prowling either actively or passively. Kind of like a freshly fed cat's pupils will dilate if you pull a string in front of them. They may or may not chase the string, but the urge is always right under the surface because they're predators.

Edited to say I didn't mean to imply a killer strikes each time an opportunity presents itself. They'd all be caught if that was the case. Don't we wish.
There is no evidence this case involves a serial killer or serial rapist AFAIK.

Yes, the only things that are "facts" is what law enforcement has released. Any videos on YouTube are not fact. They are merely that person's "guess" as to the events of the day & there are a lot of videos out there on this case, each with their own version of events.
Disagree! Some are factual and some arent.

You know, Ted Bundy is a perfect example of the addiction and risk taking. One weekend day he took two victims from the same busy and crowded park (at separate times). This was also the day the local police were having some big shindig at the same park, so the place was swarming with LE. There's a pic of Ted in his car there, and people and cars are everywhere. The risk was enormous, and I think he got off on it, and had to reexperience by taking the second girl that day. I do believe Abby and Liberty's killer is similar.

I'm quoting myself to elaborate. On this day Ted was giving off enough creepiness that at least one (maybe two, I'm not sure) women refused to go with him. One specifically noted his scary eyes.

You know, Ted Bundy is a perfect example of the addiction and risk taking. One weekend day he took two victims from the same busy and crowded park (at separate times). This was also the day the local police were having some big shindig at the same park, so the place was swarming with LE. There's a pic of Ted in his car there, and people and cars are everywhere. The risk was enormous, and I think he got off on it, and had to reexperience by taking the second girl that day. I do believe Abby and Liberty's killer is similar.
Lets not forget Ocala. He went on the Dating Game after his killing spree began.
Turns out the lady would not go out with him. She thought he was creepy.

Statistically a first-timer isn't going to commit such a high-risk crime. The evidence indicates he's experienced.
Please could you list and link the evidence that shows this? Preferably from LE but MSM would do too. TIA.

Please could you list and link the evidence that shows this? Preferably from LE but MSM would do too. TIA.

You can find statistics all over the internet about high risk crimes indicating experienced criminals. :) As far as my post you quoted, DarkSkink and I were discussing SK traits as they theoretically relate to this crime. My original post he responded to was full of IMOs. If you follow the posts back the context will be apparent. I'd been speculating since my original post.

Edited to say the high degree of risk in this crime is the evidence I'm referring to. Sorry!

Lets not forget Ocala. He went on the Dating Game after his killing spree began.
Turns out the lady would not go out with him. She thought he was creepy.

Rodney Alcala. Smart woman to pay attention to her instincts. Brrrr!!! You know he was buzzing for weeks after doing something so risky and fooling everyone (almost).

Hopefully, the third time's the charm. I've written and lost this twice already.

I have read about him and several others, but I'm more interested in the statistics. I've read many books, articles, websites, etc. about stats involving serial killers. I know that some of them spend a good amount of time with their victims (and/or their bodies), but the post I quoted said that they "typically" want to spend more time with them. I want to know if there is a source for that info because there may be other facts I've missed in my reading. I won't go into all of the traits I have found again because that seems to be when my computer freezes up and I have to restart my post. MOO
Personal time... as opposed to a quick sexual assault and leaving the victim there.

Personal time... as opposed to a quick sexual assault and leaving the victim there.
I knew what you meant by personal time, but I'm wondering where you got the information that serial killers always want that. There's been nothing officially stating that the girls were sexually assaulted, although I do suspect they were. I've heard of many murders where the victims were killed and left where they fell, and since so many murders are still unsolved, it's not possible to know if a serial killer was responsible for any specific one yet. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1