IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mushroom hunters generally eat what they find although a few are successful enough to make a few extra bucks. Mushroom hunters tend to cover a lot of ground and most do travel to places there are known as productive grounds.
Hey welcome mountainmutt. And thanks for the mushroom info. February in Indiana wouldn't be mushroom season, right? Here in UK it would be September time - so in next week or so even.

It would be interesting to note the locations and site lines of the tree stands then.

Could he have watched the girls get dropped off and the lack of witnesses in either direction, then time the meeting point at a strategic location?

It's unlikely, but curious all the same.
I think it was speculated previously that could have happened and that he would have a good view of the bridge from it. I would imagine LE would have checked it out forensically.

I'm a few hours away in Ohio. Not too familiar with mushroom hunting. However, I am a hunter who has spent many hours in a tree stand with nothing but the sounds of nature and my own thoughts. If he is a hunter he very well could have spent hours upon hours on that land with plenty of time to plan this thing out. He also could be someone who is familiar with the land from spending time there as a kid.

I have hunted many different places in my years and if you asked me to map out land I haven't hunted in 20 years I could. I could map it out in great detail. This dude definitely knew the land. I don't think this is a crime where the killer figured out the location from google maps. This guy knew this area very well. He was very comfortable on the bridge. Anyone remotely scared of heights wouldn't be able to walk that bridge. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^This.

I'm scared of heights, and despite having an interest in old RR properties, getting up on to tall, old bridges and trestles, just isn't my thing. As a hiker and a hunter, like you, I "map out" things in my mind, which is one of the things I had to do when this case broke. Try to get a feel for the bridge and the area around it, albeit remotely, online.

My BG profile includes someone who has interests, and is comfortable, alone, in the outdoors. He's been there before, maybe a couple of times last year, maybe 5 or 15 years ago, but he's been to the bridge before. The two trails have been cared for by the local group for maybe 15 years, give or take, and quite frankly there isn't much I've found about the bridge and trails archived prior to 2007. The bridge is private property, until CSX deeds the property over to the local trail group.

What are the hunting regulations in the area? If there is a designated walking path, one would think hunting wouldn't be allowed anywhere near there.

It's tough to think the perp would spend hours hunting mushrooms or animals, risking being seen by so many people, and then up and deciding to kill two girls.

This was too quick, and clean like it was planned. If the witnesses saw him along the path, then it was likely he was there hunting for a victim.

There are two trails, the old railroad RoW leading to the northwest approach to the bridge, and the trail which leads from roughly the old (now closed off, and on private property), parking area near W 300N, which leads down to the small nature reserve, west of the bridge and along the creek.

So it's a mix of public and private property. It's also a rather tight spot, along that creek and back up along the banks and ridges, and the lay of the land around it, above the cut where the creek is located. I doubt much hunting goes on there, really, maybe for varmints on the private properties, and if any deer are hunted, I'd imagine folks would be more inclined to use a bow.

An "old deer stand" has been discussed. "Old" could be as far back as 20-30 years ago. CSX abandoned the RoW in the late-80's, so the property owners along the RoW have claimed the tiny land parcels along there, over the last 25 years or so. Much of the housing construction south and east of the bridge is newer in nature. So the deer stand(s) could be from before some of the land parcels were split up in the last 20-25 years.

Hey welcome mountainmutt. And thanks for the mushroom info. February in Indiana wouldn't be mushroom season, right? Here in UK it would be September time - so in next week or so even.

Not mountainmutt but info on mushroom hunting. Side note perp may have intimate knowledge of area prior to murders not necessarily hunting that day was my thought.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/hunting/2013/04/finding-cooking-morel-mushrooms#page-10
abc23c8d7b69ad13414c07ffaed50e1e.png

I live in Michigan, traveled most of the U.S. the thing about the amish at least in my opinion they all have a accent, different from the normal population. I've never heard an amish sound like the recording. Maybe in the southern midwest or south they do develope a similar accent. I've personally have never witnessed a southern amish.

I've been following the Danielle Stislicki case in Michigan. Since it literally happened in my area. The wife in that case was at first uncooperative, but once there was more than one victim she began to put the pieces together and is no cooperating with LE.

^^^This.

I'm scared of heights, and despite having an interest in old RR properties, getting up on to tall, old bridges and trestles, just isn't my thing. As a hiker and a hunter, like you, I "map out" things in my mind, which is one of the things I had to do when this case broke. Try to get a feel for the bridge and the area around it, albeit remotely, online.

My BG profile includes someone who has interests, and is comfortable, alone, in the outdoors. He's been there before, maybe a couple of times last year, maybe 5 or 15 years ago, but he's been to the bridge before. The two trails have been cared for by the local group for maybe 15 years, give or take, and quite frankly there isn't much I've found about the bridge and trails archived prior to 2007. The bridge is private property, until CSX deeds the property over to the local trail group.

I can see a scenario where BG has been on the trail before and if he currently doesn't live in the area, possibly years ago. I wonder if he has experience in the trail area possibly even predating the trail. (I haven't been able to find out how old the trail is.) If he was in that area as a pre-teen or early teens he may have had a relative or family friend in or near Delphi and he knows the area from his visits. With a situation like that if the person he visited is deceased or moved away from Delphi that would make it difficult for LE to make a connection.

I think its time for LE to show the video Libby took of BG. To much time has gone by with no arrest.

I think its time for LE to show the video Libby took of BG. To much time has gone by with no arrest.

Agreed.
But I think there is something in that video they don't want us to see. I think the video must reveal something about the case. Can anyone recall a case where LE doesn't show the video of the suspect if they have it? I know the video in this case is unusual being from a cell phone of one of the victims. What do you guys think? Reasons? Or cases where they held the video back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*in response to why not show more video*
It's either very graphic, no video after the brief flash of bg or they can't isolate bg and it shows the girls in the foreground becoming frightened. That's all I can think of. Sad so sad ...

Interesting: This person of interest is from Monticello, IN and last seen in Indy area. He is a POI in a murder investigation in Somerset, KY and is possibly homeless and staying at shelters.

Dwight Mitchell Bell aka Dwight Bell is a person of interest in the homicide investigation of Carolyn New.
According to SPD, Bell, 41, is approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs around 170 pounds. He is described as having brown hair and blue eyes.

Multiple Photos at link flip through all of them:
http://www.somerset-kentucky.com/ne...cle_a277e32e-8dc6-11e7-9c2c-7f9da5037534.html

*in response to why not show more video*
It's either very graphic, no video after the brief flash of bg or they can't isolate bg and it shows the girls in the foreground becoming frightened. That's all I can think of. Sad so sad ...

It may show the method used in subduing the girls and or audio that only the killer would know to be used in a vetted confession.

Interesting: This person of interest is from Monticello, IN and last seen in Indy area. He is a POI in a murder investigation in Somerset, KY and is possibly homeless and staying at shelters.

Dwight Mitchell Bell aka Dwight Bell is a person of interest in the homicide investigation of Carolyn New.
According to SPD, Bell, 41, is approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs around 170 pounds. He is described as having brown hair and blue eyes.

Multiple Photos at link flip through all of them:
http://www.somerset-kentucky.com/ne...cle_a277e32e-8dc6-11e7-9c2c-7f9da5037534.html
Most recent composite sketch states "not blue" eyes so does this mean this guy will not be checked by LE for a match? Or that all blue eyed white males are now ruled out based on the (one?) witness info?

It may show the method used in subduing the girls and or audio that only the killer would know to be used in a vetted confession.
You may well be right. If it shows the weapon it could give away the COD.

Most recent composite sketch states "not blue" eyes so does this mean this guy will not be checked by LE for a match? Or that all blue eyed white males are now ruled out based on the (one?) witness info?

Shiressleuth, I sure do hope they shake this character down. I just read a second article on this crime. LE has ruled it a homicide and the coroner could not believe what happened to her in her final moments. Stated this as a violent death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper