IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they're not releasing it for the families.

A reporter said it shows girl talk before he comes towards them. Libby probably used chit chatting as an excuse to record him. Unfortunately he didn't care about being recorded. She probably thought it would scare him off.

We know from the stills that there is at least a short period with no weapon shown. They could certainly edit the video to not show the girls and remove audio.

I think the police simply believe the video won't add much and the stills are sufficient. Everyone would watch the video knowing why he's approaching and it would upset many people, especially the families and friends of the girls.

I also think LE will check him for a match but perhaps someone should send it in to be sure?

maybe he does something obscene in the video.

He's walking on train tracks, I don't think it accurately shows his usual way of walking.

Maybe it's something they consider later on around the first anniversary if tips are drying up? It would certainly get the media talking. Hopefully it's solved by that time.

I'm fairly confident they could release a short clip if they thought it would be useful. They don't.

Not at all attempting to be an alarmist; however, that area under the blue jacket could very well be a plated vest, an armored vest. Those type vests have rings to clip other gadgets onto the vest, such as grenades or a case for binoculars or special eye wear. Some plated armor has pockets for phones and cigarettes on the soft sides.

5.11_Tactical_VTAC_LBE_Tactical_Vest_58631_Black_44508.1384270794.1280.1280__63502.1458747238.600.600.jpg

Image credit:
http://uspatriottactical.com/5-11-t...g&utm_term=1101206507122&utm_content=Clothing

*in response to why not show more video*
It's either very graphic, no video after the brief flash of bg or they can't isolate bg and it shows the girls in the foreground becoming frightened. That's all I can think of. Sad so sad ...
My thoughts as well.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I think they're not releasing it for the families.

A reporter said it shows girl talk before he comes towards them. Libby probably used chit chatting as an excuse to record him. Unfortunately he didn't care about being recorded. She probably thought it would scare him off.

We know from the stills that there is at least a short period with no weapon shown. They could certainly edit the video to not show the girls and remove audio.

I think the police simply believe the video won't add much and the stills are sufficient. Everyone would watch the video knowing why he's approaching and it would upset many people, especially the families and friends of the girls.

I also think LE will check him for a match but perhaps someone should send it in to be sure?

Tip it. LE wants the name, address and any supporting reasons for the detailed report. TYIA

It seems LE has played about twenty seconds of audio for the parents. I assume it is chit chat by the girls. If they are aware of BG, they may be saying, something similar to:

"Why is he looking at us?"
"That almost looks like so and so."
"Was so and so going to be here?"
"Why is he walking faster now?"
"Can we make a run for the nearest house?"
"He is scaring me!"
"Let's go this way!"
No.
Let's ga "down the hill".

It took 20 seconds to read that dialogue.
Certain conversation between the girls was played for the parents. LE is searching for more clues. :cow:

Thanks. Would people hunting mushrooms, ginseng...travel around to similar areas to do this? What do they do w the mushrooms? Sell them, eat them?

Most of the people I know, including myself/my family, tend to hunt the same properties year after year for mushrooms and ginseng. They both tend to grow near the same general areas each year, so it's easier hunting. Interestingly, some nearly identical properties will have a ton of mushrooms or ginseng and another will have none whatsoever.

We have a mushroom festival locally where people sell their finds. Prices vary year to year, but it's usually $20-40/lb. Most people just eat what they find (they are delicious).

It's my amateur opinion that this could, in fact, be a serial killer. Yes, I believe the possibility of a connection to the Lizzie and Lyric case should be vigorously examined. I would also like to see the forestry folks in the border states within close proximity to post the Perp's picture at the entrance of every hiking trail within a rational radius. Seems prudent, although an enormous task.

Good call. I'll make a couple of calls on Monday about the rules regarding posting a flyer on public property. I have several places within 15 miles that are popular with outdoorsy people.

Hey welcome mountainmutt. And thanks for the mushroom info. February in Indiana wouldn't be mushroom season, right? Here in UK it would be September time - so in next week or so even.

Generally sometime in April is when they start popping up, although we've had a few early years where people will find them late March. No chance of finding an edible mushroom in February here.

I haven't posted for a few days, but where I live...I'm still scared. It's almost seven months & we have a killer running around out there.
I'm really flabbergasted that there is no arrest.
Can you imagine losing a child to an accident, illness, etc., but to murder? I can't comprehend.

Interesting: This person of interest is from Monticello, IN and last seen in Indy area. He is a POI in a murder investigation in Somerset, KY and is possibly homeless and staying at shelters.

Dwight Mitchell Bell aka Dwight Bell is a person of interest in the homicide investigation of Carolyn New.
According to SPD, Bell, 41, is approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs around 170 pounds. He is described as having brown hair and blue eyes.

Multiple Photos at link flip through all of them:
http://www.somerset-kentucky.com/ne...cle_a277e32e-8dc6-11e7-9c2c-7f9da5037534.html
He was in jail during the month of February. See attached portion of his judgment.
attachment.php

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 416
I love how we are to be able to sleuth certain individuals, but, IMO, until we receive more information from LE - we're running around chasing our tails.
On another note...please donate to WS.

I haven't posted for a few days, but where I live...I'm still scared. It's almost seven months & we have a killer running around out there.
I'm really flabbergasted that there is no arrest.
Can you imagine losing a child to an accident, illness, etc., but to murder? I can't comprehend.

Think of it this way Rott Mom, if you are in Delphi or very near by...it's probably one of the safest towns in the US right about now. No lack of eyeballs working overtime, and vigilant LE on their toes.

He's walking on train tracks, I don't think it accurately shows his usual way of walking.

Maybe it's something they consider later on around the first anniversary if tips are drying up? It would certainly get the media talking. Hopefully it's solved by that time.

I'm fairly confident they could release a short clip if they thought it would be useful. They don't.
Actually,if you go back and read or watch the latest interview with the detective,you will see where he says they have other things that could be helpful,but won't release it.He was speaking in the context of identification.So whether it's video or not,they have something that could help with his identification,but won't release it.They also held on to the sketch for at least 4 days that we know of before releasing to the public.Who know's what they could be thinking at this point.

The video is of the suspect.The voice is of an unknown subject.

You're right. I tried to differentiate by saying "the main suspect" for the video since that's what he's been called, and just "the" suspect for the audio. I probably should have put "a" suspect instead since we don't know for sure if it's the same one or not.

So you think BG might be dead? We can hope. Funny you should mention that because today I was just reading the thread about the Virginia baseball game shooter.
Eta love that :pullhair: emoticon.

You are looking into my brain ...? You are the first. :D :innocent:

You're right. I tried to differentiate by saying "the main suspect" for the video since that's what he's been called, and just "the" suspect for the audio. I probably should have put "a" suspect instead since we don't know for sure if it's the same one or not.
I understand.I thought that is why you put the main suspect.It would be nice if we knew if that was the BG's voice or not.If it isn't,I fear some people in the public may not call in due to thinking they might know someone that look's like him,but then say it sounds nothing like the person they know so it couldn't be him.

A bit OT but I'm still kind of in shock over the arrest in the Kaytlynn Cargill case yesterday. That was another investigation, like the Delphi one, where investigators released almost no info to the public and in reading the arrest warrant, they truly were quietly building a case the whole time. I know it's different in that they never had to ask for the public's help identifying a photo or sketch of the suspect, but it just gives me hope that the Delphi case has not gone cold and that there will eventually be justice for Libby and Abby.

Yemelyan, your post highlights the difference between a more traditional model of target development and the more current "crowd sourcing" model. Crowd sourcing has popular currency as a solution to everything, but good ideas get drowned out by the sea of divergent ideas. The sergeant in charge of the Delphi double murder investigation referenced this in his interview. People even called in and said the sergeant was the culprit because he knew too much.

Both models have merit, and both models have draw backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist