IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Has he been charged or arrested in relation to the murder? Last I saw he was in custody related to menacing with a hatchet. TIA

Apologies, he has not been arrested for the murder of the biker. Looks like after the biker's death, calls came into LE reporting a strange vehicle and the hatchet threats, and his car was matched (plus he has outstanding warrants).

He was arrested on a weapons charge.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/daniel-nations-colorado-hatchet-man-delphi-indiana-murders-photos/
[FONT=&quot]A sex offender with a lengthy criminal record in several states is suspected of threatening people with a hatchet near a bike trail in Colorado and police say he could be connected to two other unsolved cases, including the killing of a cyclist near where the hatchet threats occurred and the unsolved murders of two girls in Delphi, Indiana.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Daniel Nations, 31, is currently being held only on a weapons charge, and police have not released details about why they think he could be tied to the other cases, KCNC-TV reports. He was arrested Monday in Teller County, Colorado. The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office is still investigating him as a suspect in the threats, which occurred on a hiking trail there, according to the news station.[/FONT]

I can't recall any cases I've followed where someone has been named a POI and later cleared.

Oh my thank goodness I mistakenly read this as "NOT" a person of interest instead of "NOW", and my heart SANK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He skipped out on a court date this spring. He could be fleeing just because of that with no connection to the bridge murders.

jmo
Yes and it could be coincidence he has been in a Colorado trail area where a brutal murder took place but I don't believe in coincidences.

GUYS!!!! i am not getting any work done following this. do we think IN police will do a presser soon?

Well after reading here since last night again after just lurking for a long time, I really am optimistic that HG (hatchet guy) is really BG (Bridge Guy). The mugshot where he is fatter in the face compared to the sketch of the Indiana suspect, is so similar in the eyes, eye brows, and lips. I also think if the sketch didn't cover up his ears, they would stand out more. I pray they are finally finding justice for Libby and Abby.

GUYS!!!! i am not getting any work done following this. do we think IN police will do a presser soon?

I guess that will depend on if and when they get enough evidence to officially name him as a suspect and then they will have to speak with and gather family together. My heart breaks all over again with these development. Can any veterans here discuss the differences between a POI and a suspect as a refresher?

I don't want to overreact, but I really really think Daniel Nations is BG.

Let's just go over the circumstantial evidence real quick.

1. He is a convicted sex offender (and I believe these murders were sexually motivated)
2. He lived within 200 miles of Delphi when the murders happened
3. Shortly after the murders happen he moves to another state
4. He is being implicated in another murder that have strong similarities to the Delphi Murders right where he moves to
5. https://i.imgur.com/L9DHpkd.jpg (HE LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE BG)

The only thing that I'm slightly surprised by is he is only 32, which is alot younger then I would have suspected.

I hope so!! And I bet they have dna that will match!! The side by side picture is a match!!

He doesn't have much family except a grandma who raised him but she has not seen him or talked to him in several years and warrants run through his marriage partnership and perhaps that is why no one came forward to rat him out. A miracle that he was picked up because his car had expired tags.

Expired IN licence plates
Sex offender in IN and SC (non-compliant)
Wife left him the week before the Indiana murders in Feb, filed for divorce in April, but now with him.
Suspected of menacing people on CO trail with a hachet
Gun found in car. Recent murder by gun on CO trail.
He was spotted by friends of murdered CO man as suspicious - he drove past the searchers more than once
Left IN this spring, presumably....didn't show up for spring court dates (drug offense, IIRC)
Resemblance to Bridge Guy sketch

Off-the-top of my head.

I'll do my best because I have only read the last few pages of this thread, but this link should bring you up-to-date & give you a ton of info:

fox59.com/2017/09/28/man-arrested-in-colorado-is-person-of-interest-in-delphi-teens-murders-state-police-say/

There's a RSO with the initials DN that was arrested in Colorado with expired Indiana plates. He was arrested in connection with a shooting murder on a trail here in CO of a male biker.

When arrested, he was with his wife and a child (or children) in the back seat and he had a hatchet and a gun (a shotgun I believe) - of the same caliber that the male biker was shot with.

Within the hour, he has officially been named a person-of-interest in Abby and Libby's case. Other sleuthers have found him on mugshots.com and other RSO websites and his home address has been listed in Indiana, about 100 miles from Delphi.

Take a look at the mugshot - IMO it's insanely close to the compsite sketch. THOSE EYES.

Thank you all! I saw the mugshot. Wow. I can't deny the comparison.

I always thought BG was older. The sketch showed a much younger guy. Matches with this.

What I am trying to understand is how did he come up on LE's radar? What made them hone onto this guy?

I hope this is it. If so, this person is looking pretty serial killerish. Praying this is it.

The picture was taken by a friend searching for Tim Watkins, who went missing in that area on Sept. 14 and was found dead a few days later.

The friend said he thought it was strange that the car, sporting Indiana plates, drove by the search group more than once.

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/2-people-447798983.html

I always thought BG was older. The sketch showed a much younger guy. Matches with this.

What I am trying to understand is how did he come up on LE's radar? What made them hone onto this guy?

I hope this is it. If so, this person is looking pretty serial killerish. Praying this is it.

Maybe he felt the heat and went elsewhere. Seems like he is a drifter plus his marriage was not so great.

Pieces do fall into place if this is the guy. A drifter without steady employment wouldn't be noticed as missing from work on the day of the murder, no regular co-workers to recognize his image on the wanted posters or any possible scratches, etc. He's generic enough looking to pass in the drifting world as just another guy on the run from the courts. He's "local" to Indiana, but not really a local that people know.

So many of us worried that he wouldn't be caught until he struck again, but it never occurred to me it would be a grown man as the next victim (if the CO bicycle rider s a victim of DN, which we don't know yet). I kinda sorta am wondering if the bike rider came upon DN doing something on the trail like exposing himself, which is one of DN's past charges, and was shot because he was a witness? It just seems odd that a sex offender who possibly killed two teen girls would then kill a grown man out of the blue. Does he get off on killing on trails in general or killing girls specifically?

TOTAL SPECULATION as we await more details on this guy.

jmopinion only.

First, I think it was the Indiana license plates. Then....perhaps the hatchet??? We don't know how the IN girls died, but when I first read about DN, the hatchet made me think that was the connection that stood out to LE.

And, it's possible this guy was on IN's radar for awhile and we just didn't know. ???

It is an amazing break, should it turn out to be true.

All speculation. jmopinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member