IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as similarities to the Delphi case, LE in Indiana has put an embargo on any information about that to the public. They have told Colorado LE not to discuss it so we have no idea, only speculation at this point.

From articles I have read ( sorry no link) I believe Colorado alerted Indiana about the similarities before we here and the media got a hold of the information. A mug shot of DN's arrest in Colorado was also embargoed by LE and the media was not allowed to release it until yesterday, but his name was. Creative websleuthers did some online digging and found earlier ( read younger) pictures of BG and noted the similarity to BG sketch. Late yesterday media released mug shot from most recent arrest and news that Colorado and Indiana were investigating the case together. I hope that helps.

Thank you so much!

Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said they were given the information on Nations on Wednesday, but have made no connection between Nations and the deaths of two Delphi teenagers.

“It’s still early,” he said. “We’re aware of him out there.”

Investigators in Indiana released this statement:

We are aware of the arrest of the person in Colorado and are investigating to see if he could be a suspect in the Delphi double murder investigation. Please keep in mind the Indiana State Police has received more than a thousand photos of persons alleged to be similar in appearance to the composite sketch of the Delphi person of interest. Each and every one of these tips are investigated for any potential connection to our case. We will give the same attention to the person arrested in Colorado, but right now there is nothing that definitively connects this person to our investigation. If that should change – with this tip, or any other tip – rest assured we would be sharing such news with all media sources.

http://wishtv.com/2017/09/27/invest...ble-homicide-made-aware-of-colorado-arrestee/

Hmm. Doesn't sound promising. :( I hope that statement is strategic.

Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said they were given the information on Nations on Wednesday, but have made no connection between Nations and the deaths of two Delphi teenagers.

“It’s still early,” he said. “We’re aware of him out there.”

Investigators in Indiana released this statement:

We are aware of the arrest of the person in Colorado and are investigating to see if he could be a suspect in the Delphi double murder investigation. Please keep in mind the Indiana State Police has received more than a thousand photos of persons alleged to be similar in appearance to the composite sketch of the Delphi person of interest. Each and every one of these tips are investigated for any potential connection to our case. We will give the same attention to the person arrested in Colorado, but right now there is nothing that definitively connects this person to our investigation. If that should change – with this tip, or any other tip – rest assured we would be sharing such news with all media sources.

http://wishtv.com/2017/09/27/invest...ble-homicide-made-aware-of-colorado-arrestee/

Shortly after that article was posted a new article came out naming him a person of interest in the Delphi case:

http://fox59.com/2017/09/28/man-arr...est-in-delphi-teens-murders-state-police-say/

IMO they must see some strong connections... that was pretty quick...

I for one, called the FBI tuesday morning, over 24 hours before the initial story. i do not think anyone else did, because when i spoke to the lady at the office, i had to spell out "N-A-T-I-O-N-S" as well as "T-E-L-L-E-R" county. She said "tyler county" at first when i first said it. She also took my social I do not think anyone had called yet. I will stop annoying all of you with this story now. I feel personally invested, thus keep checking back with this page. I was not a member until yesterday.
I just had a look at the Indiana State Police website. http://in.gov/isp/delphi.htm The reward is showing 216K dollars. Seems it has went down considerably so maybe you will be getting a nice big chunk of change.Congrats. "[FONT=&quot]The amount of the reward may be up to $216,165 depending upon the value of the information provided."[/FONT]

But that doesn't explain how there was a connection made between that case and the girls.

What similarities with the Delphi case?

So people here and regular citizens noticed a similarity and contacted the police? How do we know that? That would be amazing but it would make me fear the likelihood of an ultimate connection. How did we get the news about this? Were people on here suggesting a connection prior to this news coming out?

Thanks for responding and TIA for any info you have!!!

i read a news link a few pages back today that states he was in Indiana at the time of the murders. However, his arrest was in connection with reports of harassing people with an AX, and being seen photographed lurking around the search area of the cyclist who was eventually found shot to death. Waiting for ballistic test on gun to see if it matches the bullets retrieved from body of the cyclist.

how much/what type of evidence does it take to turn a into a suspect?

HAHAH,BUT i am sure the cops are going to say they figured this out themselves, if it is him!

Thank you so much!

Hmm. Doesn't sound promising. :( I hope that statement is strategic.

This posted quote is from yesterday I believe before ISP named DN as a POI... don't get discouraged

I am confused about the possibility of having no DNA from the 2 girls crime scene. If it is true there is none, then does that mean there was no SA? And if not, what was the motive for their murders?

Wow, according to his last known sex offender registry address, this guy apparently lived 7 minutes from where I live per Google Maps. Also, he was arrested in May 2017 in the town I live, in Greenwood Indiana for drug paraphernalia and a suspended license. I'm just surprised, that if he was involved in the Delphi murders, that the Greenwood police didn't connect fingerprint or DNA evidence to him for the crime in Delphi. Anyway, just my thoughts only.
Yeah, they didn't suspect him at all in April???

Yes, this is what really stood out to me at first, too. Then the nose, Then his ties to Indiana. Then his background.

What confuses me, though, is that his wife and kids were in the car in Colorado. It's hard for me to imagine even a seasoned killer hunting victims and menacing others while the wife and kid are in tow.

jmo
Travelling with the wife and kids is good cover IMO.

I am confused about the possibility of having no DNA from the 2 girls crime scene. If it is true there is none, then does that mean there was no SA? And if not, what was the motive for their murders?

I think the killer's DNA was not found at the scene to the great surprise of LE...I also (MOO) think no sexual assault ( I have thought that for a long long time) As to motive? only the killer knows... I do believe (MOO ) that DN killed Tim Watkins, have a hard time figuring that motive out as well as the motive for chasing people around with hatchets...other than, I hate to say this but, the killer whomever he may be gets high off of the kill itself and doesn't need a physical sexual act to achieve it.... ick need a shower now.

Ok I genuinely hate typing this. But maybe, JUST MAYBE, if we speculate that DN is in fact BG it is possible a hatchet was used in the murders. A hatchet can do a lot of damage, and I'd be willing to bet it can dismember a human...

Could he have discarded part of the girls' bodies that would have DNA?

Think I'm going to be sick just thinking about it.

Of course this is pure speculation and I hope I'm extremely off base with this theory.

Breaking News: Man Arrested By Woodland Park Police May Be Connected To Double Murders of Indiana Teens

http://www.mountainjackpot.com/2017...connected-to-double-murders-of-indiana-teens/

Snip

Shortly after the arrest, the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office received information possibly connecting the man to the murder of a Monument mountain biker that was found dead near Mt. Herman Road.

Last night, the Indiana State Police put out a statement saying that they received tips that the man arrested by the Woodland Park Police Department resembled the man in the sketch that is the suspect in the Indiana double murder case involving two teenage girls.

Received tips?

ISP: Man arrested in Colorado not necessarily a person of interest

that article is misleading and fox 59's article comes chronologically later this afternoon stating that DN is actually a POI...seems we have some fog of war confusion going on in the media

Breaking News: Man Arrested By Woodland Park Police May Be Connected To Double Murders of Indiana Teens

http://www.mountainjackpot.com/2017...connected-to-double-murders-of-indiana-teens/

Snip

Shortly after the arrest, the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office received information possibly connecting the man to the murder of a Monument mountain biker that was found dead near Mt. Herman Road.

Last night, the Indiana State Police put out a statement saying that they received tips that the man arrested by the Woodland Park Police Department resembled the man in the sketch that is the suspect in the Indiana double murder case involving two teenage girls.

Received tips?
It must've been Daey34

I for one, called the FBI tuesday morning, over 24 hours before the initial story. i do not think anyone else did, because when i spoke to the lady at the office, i had to spell out "N-A-T-I-O-N-S" as well as "T-E-L-L-E-R" county. She said "tyler county" at first when i first said it. She also took my social I do not think anyone had called yet. I will stop annoying all of you with this story now. I feel personally invested, thus keep checking back with this page. I was not a member until yesterday.

If you were responsible for giving them the break and this is the killer congratulations on not only giving them the tip but on the reward money. And now that you've found Websleuths you will be sucked in for a long time.

From above:

"Sheriff Tobe Leazenby wouldn't go into detail about what detectives have figured out so far. He did*say there were pieces of similar information that related to the case that led to Nations.

He also said people should not get their hopes up just yet and he stressed this lead is being followed up just like any other.

"We've been high and we've been low so we're, as the saying goes cautiously optimistic with this kind of information that comes into us," said Leazenby."

I’m sorry if I somehow overlooked it - but is there an actual statement from ISP naming DN as a POI? I’ve seen media state as such but haven’t seen the ISP statement.

The media is running with this.

This feels like the movie "Jaws" to me. When early in the movie they catch a shark after the attacks. Everyone thinks it's that shark. They cut him open and there's all kinds of things inside, license plates, etc, but no human remains...If they only knew how much bigger the real shark was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay