IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all! I saw the mugshot. Wow. I can't deny the comparison.

I always thought BG was older. The sketch showed a much younger guy. Matches with this.

What I am trying to understand is how did he come up on LE's radar? What made them hone onto this guy?

I hope this is it. If so, this person is looking pretty serial killerish. Praying this is it.

Apparently, this POI was threatening hikers with a hatchet in Colorado and a mountain biker went missing and was found murdered. A friend of the murdered man, snapped a picture of a suspicious car circling the area while they were searching for him and gave it to police. Police located the car and found DN, his wife and two children in the vehicle, they questioned him and arrested him for illegal possession of a firearm because of a felony in Indiana. The car had expired Indiana plates and apparently the gun matched the caliber of the weapon used to kill Jim Watkins the mountain biker and CO authorities noticed similarities to the Delphi case, also websleuthers and alert citizens reading the news noticed the similarities to the sketch of BG and here we are.

I hope so!! And I bet they have dna that will match!! The side by side picture is a match!!

I wonder. I mean, what caused them to call him a person of interest only hours after his arrest? If he's a sex offender, wouldn't his DNA already be on record? I;m not sure how it works but isn't DNA tested against sex offenders in the area as par for the course? Or does there have to be some connection?

Questions:

1. Where was he living at the time of Abby and Libby's murders?
2. Where was he living at the time of his arrest?
3. Was he near the area at the time?
4. Is there a possibility that his DNA was only looked at after his arrest? Because some sharp-eyed investigator heard about the arrest, his connection with Indiana, and compared his mugshot to the sketch?
5. Or has he been on the radar for awhile but there hasn't been enough to get him? Because the timing of the release of the sketch was probably strategic. As is there designation of him as "suspect" and then dropping it down to "POI".

In the picture where he has on a green stripped shirt and is skinny, my first opinion was "how did they get that sketch from this man! ".

However, once another picture of him was compared to the sketch, it blew me away of the similarities between the two! Eerily I saw the same person!

As many have mentioned, he has been hiding in plain sight! When a person such as Nations, refuses to be compliant and register as a SO, why is it ignored? Throw him in the slammer until he decides to cooperate, make him report to his probation officer more often, and the first time he skips town, prison is his home for a long time!

This bull sh** has to stop with people like him! HE is an SO who plays LE for fools and seems to walk out with little to no punishment. The weirdest part is why there is no DNA or his picture didn't come up when it was run .

Well, actually, does this mean Delphi has NO DNA, so there wasn't anything to run for a match? His DNA should be in the system because he has been in prison and he is a registered SO. RIght?

I hope and pray he is the monster we've been looking for. The sad sad thing is another young man lost his life due to this monster! LE needs to have a sit down pow wow to put the pieces together as how Nations slipped through their fingers. Prayers to this latest victim's family for a useless murder of a promising life taken too soon.
My sentiments exactly.

I wonder. I mean, what caused them to call him a person of interest only hours after his arrest? If he's a sex offender, wouldn't his DNA already be on record? I;m not sure how it works but isn't DNA tested against sex offenders in the area as par for the course? Or does there have to be some connection?

Questions:

4. Is there a possibility that his DNA was only looked at after his arrest? Because some sharp-eyed investigator heard about the arrest, his connection with Indiana, and compared his mugshot to the sketch?
5. Or has he been on the radar for awhile but there hasn't been enough to get him? Because the timing of the release of the sketch was probably strategic. As is there designation of him as "suspect" and then dropping it down to "POI".

It's possible he was on the radar in IN, but left the state before LE could move forward with him. IIRC, he blew off a court date in April and May? Not sure when he actually left the state, but it's possible he's been on a list of suspects that's been circulated to other LE???

IDK. jmo

Questions:

In order for DNA to matter it has to be present at the crime scene. I don't think it was. Also, I don't believe DN has ever been named a suspect in anything other than harassing people with a hatchet ( goodness that's terrible enough)

The picture was taken by a friend searching for Tim Watkins, who went missing in that area on Sept. 14 and was found dead a few days later.

The friend said he thought it was strange that the car, sporting Indiana plates, drove by the search group more than once.

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/2-people-447798983.html

But that doesn't explain how there was a connection made between that case and the girls.

Apparently, this POI was threatening hikers with a hatchet in Colorado and a mountain biker went missing and was found murdered. A friend of the murdered man, snapped a picture of a suspicious car circling the area while they were searching for him and gave it to police. Police located the car and found DN, his wife and two children in the vehicle, they questioned him and arrested him for illegal possession of a firearm because of a felony in Indiana. The car had expired Indiana plates and apparently the gun matched the caliber of the weapon used to kill Jim Watkins the mountain biker and CO authorities noticed similarities to the Delphi case, also websleuthers and alert citizens reading the news noticed the similarities to the sketch of BG and here we are.

What similarities with the Delphi case?

So people here and regular citizens noticed a similarity and contacted the police? How do we know that? That would be amazing but it would make me fear the likelihood of an ultimate connection. How did we get the news about this? Were people on here suggesting a connection prior to this news coming out?

Thanks for responding and TIA for any info you have!!!

It's possible he was on the radar in IN, but left the state before LE could move forward with him. IIRC, he blew off a court date in April and May? Not sure when he actually left the state, but it's possible he's been on a list of suspects that's been circulated to other LE???

IDK. jmo

Right. We can't jail unregistered, non-compliant SO's if they flee and no one knows where they are.

https://i.imgur.com/L9DHpkd.jpg

I really think we are looking at BG here, look at the eyes.. they are an EXACT match, facial hair too. I'm getting goosebumps

I agree. It's the most accurate sketch to a suspect I've ever seen. It's almost like the sketch was made from one of his mugshots, adding the hat for some reason. Wonder if LE has had him in mind for awhile.

hi first time posting so sorry if someones already replied , I was thinking the same but if he had seen them recording him wouldn't he have taken the phone . sorry i was replying to a post that thought the suspect was doing something dodgy and had maybe seen them recording him.

Has DN been discussed in relation to Abby and Libby before, or in relation to any other case on Websleuths? I know someone has discussed the way he looks different in every photo before, and I know I looked up his photographs before--I just can't remember why.

I for one, called the FBI tuesday morning, over 24 hours before the initial story. i do not think anyone else did, because when i spoke to the lady at the office, i had to spell out "N-A-T-I-O-N-S" as well as "T-E-L-L-E-R" county. She said "tyler county" at first when i first said it. She also took my social I do not think anyone had called yet. I will stop annoying all of you with this story now. I feel personally invested, thus keep checking back with this page. I was not a member until yesterday.

In order for DNA to matter it has to be present at the crime scene. I don't think it was. Also, I don't believe DN has ever been named a suspect in anything other than harassing people with a hatchet ( goodness that's terrible enough)

Yes. It's possible there was no DNA at the scene. I just remember the discussion about eye color and how that could be definitively determined through DNA. I hope there was otherwise this could be a very hard case to solve.

You;re right about being named a suspect. I had a read a post here suggesting he had been named a suspect and then they backed off that. But it seems they never did: “We are aware of the arrest of the person in Colorado and are investigating to see if he could be a suspect in the Delphi double murder investigation,” Indiana State police said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/2...inked-to-murdered-indiana-teens-cops-say.html

But that doesn't explain how there was a connection made between that case and the girls.

So people here and regular citizens noticed a similarity and contacted the police? How do we know that? That would be amazing but it would make me fear the likelihood of an ultimate connection. How did we get the news about this? Were people on here suggesting a connection prior to this news coming out?

As far as similarities to the Delphi case, LE in Indiana has put an embargo on any information about that to the public. They have told Colorado LE not to discuss it so we have no idea, only speculation at this point.

From articles I have read ( sorry no link) I believe Colorado alerted Indiana about the similarities before we here and the media got a hold of the information. A mug shot of DN's arrest in Colorado was also embargoed by LE and the media was not allowed to release it until yesterday, but his name was. Creative websleuthers did some online digging and found earlier ( read younger) pictures of BG and noted the similarity to BG sketch. Late yesterday media released mug shot from most recent arrest and news that Colorado and Indiana were investigating the case together. I hope that helps.

hi first time posting so sorry if someones already replied , I was thinking the same but if he had seen them recording him wouldn't he have taken the phone . sorry i was replying to a post that thought the suspect was doing something dodgy and had maybe seen them recording him.

:welcome:

I'm wondering if the hatchet was the connection (though I hate to think that :( )

I for one, called the FBI tuesday morning, over 24 hours before the initial story. i do not think anyone else did, because when i spoke to the lady at the office, i had to spell out "N-A-T-I-O-N-S" as well as "T-E-L-L-E-R" county. She said "tyler county" at first when i first said it. She also took my social I do not think anyone had called yet. I will stop annoying all of you with this story now. I feel personally invested, thus keep checking back with this page. I was not a member until yesterday.

Wow. That's pretty intense. Thanks for joining here!!! Keep in kind that there are various people working there so other workers may have answered other calls. Great eye by the way. I never would've made that connection! Some have it and some don't!!

I think I can speak for everyone here on WS (especially those who have been following this case since the beginning) when I say THANK YOU for calling that in. Oftentimes we have suspicions but hold off on involving LE for various reasons and IMO it's always worth letting LE investigate further.

Also, to be honest, if I saw Nations in real life (or even SOME of the pics online) I doubt I would draw the connection to BG. It's only when I really look at the latest pic and compare it to the sketch side-by-side that I say WOW WOW WOW.

Really appreciate you being invested in helping find BG and give some peace to these girls, whether that's DN or not.

The picture was taken by a friend searching for Tim Watkins, who went missing in that area on Sept. 14 and was found dead a few days later.

The friend said he thought it was strange that the car, sporting Indiana plates, drove by the search group more than once.

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/2-people-447798983.html
Elley Mae, do you think it looks like he is sporting a ball cap or hat when you enlarge the picture? I do JMO

Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said they were given the information on Nations on Wednesday, but have made no connection between Nations and the deaths of two Delphi teenagers.

“It’s still early,” he said. “We’re aware of him out there.”

Investigators in Indiana released this statement:

We are aware of the arrest of the person in Colorado and are investigating to see if he could be a suspect in the Delphi double murder investigation. Please keep in mind the Indiana State Police has received more than a thousand photos of persons alleged to be similar in appearance to the composite sketch of the Delphi person of interest. Each and every one of these tips are investigated for any potential connection to our case. We will give the same attention to the person arrested in Colorado, but right now there is nothing that definitively connects this person to our investigation. If that should change – with this tip, or any other tip – rest assured we would be sharing such news with all media sources.

http://wishtv.com/2017/09/27/invest...ble-homicide-made-aware-of-colorado-arrestee/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en