IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a thought, now that we have some possible data points (motel, etc), 5 are needed, I wonder what it would look in Rossmo's Formula...curious.

(Hi gregjrichards, sorry to hear you were in the hospital agaaaaiiinnn :(...hugs buddy, hope you are better!!!!)

If he really is a suspect for murder, I can't imagine DNA not being done super quick, jmo. And those ballistics.

Yes, you're right, different neighboring county. Either way, he needed a form of transportation other than walking.
There was mention earlier about the possibility of a red car with paper tags being scene in the area around the time of these murders early on....has anyone found that link?

Has anyone posted this? I've been following and reading, and IIRC, I didn't see this listed:

attachment.php

Blank?

"It's unclear if he is a suspect in the homicide. The sheriff's office anticipates more preliminary charges could be filed within the next few days, according to a separate news release.

Despite news reports Thursday that Nations could be confirmed or ruled out as a suspect in the Delphi homicides within two days, Riley said he is anticipating answers next week."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...swers-soon-delphi-double-homicides/713451001/

Ommmg how can we wait til neeeeexxxxt weeeeeeeeekkkk...going to feel like foreeeeeverrrr... imagine how their families feel.

Yes, you're right, different neighboring county. Either way, he needed a form of transportation other than walking.

OMG I thought I imagined this post from back in the day...it really exists!

Excellent find/memory.

The photo on dn's SM page which the daughter holding the book, you can see in the upper corner of the pic, what appears to be the outside of the car, it's red. Anyone know the date of that post?

The Collection of DNA From Military Personnel

The Department of Defense (DOD) began to use DNA samples to identify the remains of service members during the first Gulf War in 1991. [....]

As of December 2002, the Repository, now known as the “Armed Forces Repository of Specimen Samples for the Identification of Remains,” contained the DNA of approximately 3.2 million service members. According to a recent DOD directive, the “provision of specimen samples by military members shall be mandatory.”

http://www.councilforresponsiblegenetics.org/geneticprivacy/DNA_mil.html

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...nations-in-connection-with-libby-abby-murders

snips:

[FONT="]Riley said Indiana State Police sent troopers who are "well versed" in the Delphi investigation to Colorado on Friday to interview Nations and collect evidence. He said the troopers they sent are familiar with the case and know things that the average person could not know. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#1A1A1A][FONT="]After questioning Nations and collecting any evidence that they find, Riley said they will fast-track any type of DNA they see fit to collect. [/FONT]

[FONT="][B]Riley could not give a timeline on when they expect to have answers[/B] but said they are working as quickly and thoroughly as possible, while still protecting the integrity of the case. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#1A1A1A][FONT="](bolded by me)[/FONT]

I think we all understand this, it is far too critically important for law enforcement to rush and make a mistake causing him to walk if he is BG and there is a trial. It’s going to be hard but we need to be patient.

While we wait for Indiana LE to confirm whether or not DN is a POI or suspect, could we maybe honor the victims here by posting an uplifting article about the girls?

I'll start....

[FONT="]For spring break, Libby’s family went to Chicago, their first trip out of town since her murder, Patty says.[B][COLOR=#ff0000] T[I]he family plans to take a Disney cruise in the near future[/I] [/COLOR][/B]— a trip Libby was looking forward to.[/FONT]
[FONT="]“It’s going to be tough,” Patty says, adding that the trip to Chicago was “absolutely miserable because she wasn’t there.”[/FONT]
[FONT="]Libby’s older sister Kelsi has been an example of strength for the family.

http://people.com/crime/liberty-german-unsolved-killing-six-months-grandmother-speaks-out/

attachment.php
[/FONT]

Thank you for posting this. The girls families also have a tough few months coming up with with first Thanksgiving and Christmas without Abbey and Liberty my heart breaks for them.

There have been cases (Chelsea King murder was one) where DNA was taken off an item found in a search and turned around and matched within two days. It can be done...

No matter the timeline given by LE in this case I think the lab will jump right on it and have a quick turnaround result by the first part of next week. They did the same thing in the mass murder case out of Illinois concerning the 4 Gee family members and they did it in the mass murder case in GA when Guy Heinz Jr murdered 8 family members. In both cases it only took 2-3 days for the forensic labs to find out who had murdered them.

They will want to know the results as quickly as possible to make sure he is held in jail.

I think the ISP is just trying to play it cool but their hearts are probably in their throats. They wouldn't travel to CO if they didn't think there is a very good possibility he is the one who murdered the girls. They know plenty that none of us know. Something very important is telling them that DN is the one, imo.

Just throwing this out there but do you think they would do that before they sent the detectives out there? Wouldn't it make sense for LE to ask the witnesses if that was the guy they saw before sending the detectives out to CO to interview him?

What I think: they already had an interest in this guy when they were tracking him earlier this summer. When he disappeared they showed witnesses his photos and they confirmed he is the guy. That is when the sketch came out.

I think (JMHO) they already believe this is their guy. We wouldn't be hearing so much about it if he was just another random follow up. As tight as the police have been with this case, we wouldn't know anything about it if they didn't feel confident.

the police did at one time say the voice audio wasn't necessarily BGs.
This implys that the possibility of more than one assailant was on the police radar.
I think it was BG's voice
And the couple seen that day were him and his wife.
I'm pretty sure everyone came forward except BG.

(Hi gregjrichards, sorry to hear you were in the hospital agaaaaiiinnn :(...hugs buddy, hope you are better!!!!)

Off topic

Hi magarita25 I hope you are well. I’m home and getting better thank you. Thankfully it was a less severe infection this time. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

What I think: they already had an interest in this guy when they were tracking him earlier this summer. When he disappeared they showed witnesses his photos and they confirmed he is the guy. That is when the sketch came out.

I think (JMHO) they already believe this is their guy. We wouldn't be hearing so much about it if he was just another random follow up. As tight as the police have been with this case, we wouldn't know anything about it if they didn't feel confident.

Bullseye

You're right, it is a red car. The post is dated April 5 of this year.

The photo on dn's SM page which the daughter holding the book, you can see in the upper corner of the pic, what appears to be the outside of the car, it's red. Anyone know the date of that post?

"Riley emphasized that Nations*is not yet a suspect in the deaths of German and Williams, who were reported missing Feb. 13 after hiking on secluded trails east of Delphi and who were found dead the next day.

"Everyone that we've talked to has always been a person of interest until we either decide they need to be looked at even more or (they're) somebody that’s gong to be taken off the radar," Riley said. "Any tip we get on somebody, they're automatically a person of interest.""
Thanks for posting this margarita.I've just been waiting for LE to say it.

Nations was in a Cripple Creek court Thursday on a family-related case, a day after he was in court in Teller County on the weapons charge.

The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office said Thursday that it anticipates more charges will be forthcoming against Nations, though it’s unclear from which jurisdiction the charges might stem.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ions-over-possible-connection-to-teen-murders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro