IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have read a lot here but never posted. You guys are way better at sleuthing than I would ever be. That being said.. I think this just may be the guy. I don’t see ISP traveling out there unless they had pretty good indications.
Praying for closure for the families... be it this guy or someone else. I’m sure their hopes are up no matter how hard they try not to do that. Heart breaks for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:wagon::greetings:

Maybe the girls stumbled on his campsite while out on the trails and it triggered him to attack?!?

Now this I diiiiid dream/think about I the middle of the night, thanks for reminding me. Again, LE, I'd assume, would have found evidence of him camping. But obviously chose not to release any of this, if the case, and as I stated earlier maybe this was why they said "drifter" initially, black duffel bag (hmm did he have a black duffel bag with him when he was arrested? Was there one in his car?)

Maybe the girls stumbled on his campsite while out on the trails and it triggered him to attack?!?

I don't think so. It was the afternoon. He was lurking about. I think he saw an opportunity and went for it, like a hunter. He is a disturbed personality, and may not meet all the qualifiers for a SK we are used to hearing about. My opinion only.

IF he was suspected by IN police, maybe there was a BOLO out for him? So CO contacted IN?

As per Websleuths TOS, links to private social media accounts are not allowed.

:wave:

Hi everyone ..Ive been following this case from Sydney Australia since the beginning and I have to say Im very cautiously excited to see the news!!! I think the most convincing aspect for me is the idea that there are "many similarities" between the Colorado and Delphi crime scenes. Because things have been kept so close to the chest by LE there can be no suggestion of a copycat at work and it would seem that a clear modus operandi may well be a vital part of solving the puzzle.
I have to say I did imagine the killer to be older and quite cunning but IF this is BG what we are looking at is a man of possibly low IQ who acts impetuously and is easily triggered to acts of violence. Because he has no real fixed community or employment he has been able to escape prying eyes but his own impulses may have finally caught up with him .
I hope his luck has run out and now it is LE and the Patty and Williams family's time to get lucky .Fingers legs and eyes crossed for justice for our girls at last :jail: moo .

[video]http://www.wthr.com/article/state-police-arrive-in-colorado-to-interview-person-of-interest-in-delphi-case[/video]

Delphi Investigators flew all the way to Colorado just to interview this man, that speaks alot IMO. To travel several states to interview someone means they really believe this is a higher priority suspect. I think they know Daniel Nations is BG.

Indeed. Earlier they had said they'd come down if it was further warranted (something lIke that, need to go back for quote). I assumed at that point identifying if he was in IN at the time. I assume that now that has been verified he was since he checked in on the 14th...

Additionally from the above link:

"Roxie Bortner and her family were friends with Nations for over a year.

"We seen him coming up the sidewalk, we said, here comes 'Depressing Daniel'," she said.

But they considered him a close friend. "He always had a sad story, always talking about how terrible his life was.""

Snip

""He was pretty much living under the overpass, sleeping in my son's car. He never really had a place stay," Bortner said.

Until the family found him one.

Was he ever scary or violent? "No, not while he was in my house," she answered."

Could he have been living near under the bridge/under a near overpass to Monan? Maybe a railroad car, etc...we talked about all of this, many times, in previous threads...or maybe one of the abandoned sheds, etc...

I'm not 💯 positive, but pretty sure the book was obtained from Boxcar Books out of Bloomington. FYI: "Boxcar Books & Community Cntr Bloomington, Indiana's Volunteer-powered, collectively run bookstore and community space which supports the Midwest Pages to Prisoners Project."

Oh wow...thanks...

LE said the girls' murder was heinous (not their exact words), and you could feel the pain in the officers' faces. If DN did kill them, I think we will find that the ax was his weapon of choice.

If he turns out to be the murderer I have a bad feeling about the hatchet or axe.

The person that knew him mentioned he had an axe and used it in a fit of rage on their property I think. So there are at least two incidences of him using an axe in a threatening manner.

If he was camping a lot for a place to stay then a hatchet or an axe is a good tool to have to help get firewood.

The photo of the BG may show a hidden gun as some believe and even if we dont see an axe it doesnt mean that he didnt have one because he could have left it at his camping area.

One of the theories I held strong about was that the BG could have been camping down where he took the girls. He was on a mission to get them to go there so he knew it well and to me that means if he was camping there overnight he would have taken them back to where he knew there was nobody disturbing him. If he camped successfully there for more than one day then he had his place.

And also it means to me that it is likely he could have left some of his supplies back at his camp like the axe or backpack or other things he may have carried with him if he was a transient.

So the point is that even if we dont necessarily see the axe or other things in the BG photo it does not mean the perp did not have some things like that left back at his camping spot.

All just speculation at this point.

Not necessarily, imo...

I wonder where the hatchet is now? Whatever happened with tests on that gun? Sigh...need to be patient and wait. The case in Colorado has gone completely silent since the possible link to Delphi.

Apologies - the copy I pasted was fuzzy and crappy. I will redo, with a much nicer, neater copy.

DN has just been charged (on 09/27/17) with a failure to register as a sex offender in Indiana, per below.

If this is old news, I apologize.

attachment.php

Attachments

• danielNationsClass6Felony.png
    danielNationsClass6Felony.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 521
Hey everyone. I need to catch up with today's posts, but a thought came to me during the day that I want to bounce off people.

There are a few odd things about connecting DN to the Delphi case, and one odd thing is that the man murdered in Colorado is, well, a man. And it's odd that DN suddenly - or it seems suddenly with what we know of him - murdered two teens girls, when his past crimes had been indecent exposure, DV, drugs.

But we do know he had a temper (DV, for example and his former employer said he had a bad temper and was violent - trashed his home, threatened with hatchet, wouldn't leave when asked, etc.).

So...maybe he was exposing himself on bridge and when he noticed Libby filming him, he flipped out. I'm wondering if he was exposing himself on the trail in Colorado and the bicycle rider saw him, which made DN flip out again. Maybe it's not sex that drives him to kill, but his temper when his masturbation doesn't go like he wants it to (so gross even to type that). Or, his temper flairs when he's caught by someone who gives him an indication that he will be reported to LE for exposure.

TOTAL SPECULATION. Just trying to make sense of these acts of violence that seem so random. And, this is just a brainstorm - feel free to add to it....or shoot it down, lol!

I'm going to catch up with today's posts now.

jmopinion

Good point, Inthedetails. TW could have come upon him exposing himself, etc and could've said something to him like "put your stuff back in your pants man", which is what I might have done under certain situations (or not due to the danger, hard to tell with me, could go both ways), but a man seeing him do this? TW might have totally gone off on him, especially if there were kids around, etc...

What are you seeing? A club foot of sorts?

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

I have to say I did imagine the killer to be older and quite cunning but IF this is BG what we may well be looking at is a man of low IQ who acts impetuously and is easily triggered to acts of violence. Because he has no real fixed community or employment he has been able to escape prying eyes but his own impulses may have caught.

I agree. It's kind of like other crimes, where it was thought someone with evil genius was responsible. Most of the time, when the crimes are solved, that is not the case at all.

BUT, the original press releases did have everyone looking for an older guy.

Off here tonight. Today, there is so much movement toward a solution, I can't keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member