IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He may not be involved with these murders, but he is not "innocent" imo. He is a sex offender and seemingly a fairly dangerous person.

Hmmm. So I am back to believing that LE has no DNA from the crime scene where Abby and Libby were killed. That makes this case so very difficult. This article raises all kinds of questions for me. So, clearly finding DN's DNA on the trail is significant and places him near the crime, but it can't tell LE when he was there, or even prove he was the murderer ( thinking about a possible trial) I can only assume that witnesses that day reported someone fitting BG's description camping near the trail and when they came up with no DNA at the crime scene they found the current sample on the trail they will compare with DN. Theoretically, the killer of Abby and Libby might not even be the man witnesses saw camping and if not has LE been clearing RSO's based on DNA found away from the murder site? I understand they have to go on what they have available, but to me that means that whomever this turns out to be will have a mostly circumstantial case against them. I am back to that hatchet, it may turn out to be better evidence than DNA found a 15-20 minute walk away from the crime scene, if they can match the blade to injuries...All of this is MOO.
It could be that he didn't leave DNA at the scene, but that the girls left DNA on him. I hope they get a search warrant to check him items and home for any transfer DNA....though tricky, it would be anything but a coincidence if it did come up that shoes, the hatchet, etc had their DNA.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Do you think it possible that if Mr. Watkins WAS killed by DN, that DN has gotten RID of the gun used to kill him? It doesn't have to have been done by the 22 in his vehicle.

(rsbm for brevity and focus)

His "DJ" fb is still up:

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005426672072

That Grandpa post was 17May2016...
also on that day, May 17th of last year, there were lots and lots and lots of image-messages posts about second chances, forgiveness, and love coming back... all seemingly directed toward his wife/gf at the time, who apparently broke up with/left him (at that time.)
There are several photos and - perhaps calculated - sweet sentiments over his (adorable) little daughter.
With a few God/PTL-type posts; and Marine brotherhood posts mixed in there...
Might be it was during a time he was trying to be a better man; or perhaps just pretending trying to be a better man.
Only activity since July 2016 was the one single profile photo update on 04Apr17 - this year.
Before that, was last year 30July16 (or maybe will show 29th in the US - I'm across the meridian.)
Don't know if that was all his activity, or just public-sharing only.
Not that any of this means anything, but just for those who are curious, and like to observe, and piece things/timelines together.
...and his page is still coming up. (For me, anyway.)

( :coffee: catching up)

Is that a FISHING t shirt in the bw photo of him holding his child?!!

Eta: there's also another photo of the child in the car seat holding a book from the used book store...I zoomed in on the pricetag and it's dated 10/10/16. Can any locals tell where that might have been purchased?

My thinking on why even if they had his DNA there hasnt been a hit yet. I could be wrong but I was pretty sure that DNA matches are not like a google search. CODIS is for when they have a suspect is it not? I mean otherwise it would be taking millions of DNA samples and comparing it to millions of crimes and DNA is not a simple thing. As much as I wish it were a drop it in to a computer and know in hours or days.

I am sure there have been other cases were DNA has been there for the suspect and on the victim and it took years and years for the two to be matched. If I am wrong I would love to have this explained, please and thank you.

I think it may be because so many of the state labs are so far behind on entering the DNA profiles. They may have it on their local or state data base but have not entered it into CODIS which is national. I have read numerous stories about rape kits that have not even been processed to see if there is a DNA match to the rapists. Their excuse is due to severe cutbacks in the last few years they do not have the manpower nor money to get everything entered in a timely manner.

Plus I have seen many shows on ID where a suspect's DNA was taken and they already had a long criminal violent history but they still took a fresh DNA sample from the suspect to compare the DNA evidence pertaining to their own case. Maybe its done as a precaution through a court ordered SW by a judge or for some type of legal procedure which makes it hold up in court much better should a case go to trial?

I believe they do have his DNA at the scene where the girls were found and yes, you are correct, they have to find the suspect to be able to match the found DNA. Hopefully, this will now be done very quickly. I am sure they have fast tracked his DNA.

Do you think it possible that if Mr. Watkins WAS killed by DN, that DN has gotten RID of the gun used to kill him? It doesn't have to have been done by the 22 in his vehicle.

My initial thought on that is how likely would he be to throw away something of value? I could see him pawning the weapon as a means of disposal and I believe I read that he was pulled over near a pawn shop. I never read if he entered the pawn shop or attempted to pawn or purchase any item, though.

Someone may have already mentioned it, but what if that gun wasn't used (he wasn't involved in the CO murder) - but he is ultimately the guy that turns out to be the person who murdered Abi and Libby? How crazy of a circumstance would that be?

I'm beginning to think this could be the 'tip of the iceberg' if he really is guilty of all three of these murders, unless it's a recent escalation of actions...

Has anyone posted this? I've been following and reading, and IIRC, I didn't see this listed:

attachment.php

In South Carolina, people convicted of any felony or sex crime misdemeanor must submit a DNA sample. The state also collects DNA for those convicted of eavesdropping, peeping, and stalking.
http://www.ncsl.org/portals/1/documents/cj/dna/southcarolina.pdf

He was charged with indecent exposure in South Carolina and North Carolina. He's on South Carolina’s sex offender database. So why didn't DNA from the Delphi murders match to him?
I wonder if he left DNA behind in Delphi? LE will have their work cut out for them. Im sure there are search warrants and LE would love to find the clothes BG had on that day. Anything that may have the girls DNA on it.

i’m wondering if the rest of the audio is part of the reason why they’re suggesting he may be a subject?

I’m also incredibly curious how this will turn out. Can’t say i’m not nervous and that i’m still too apphrensive that this is BG, regardless of the uncanny resemblance and gait.

( :coffee: catching up)

Is that a FISHING t shirt in the bw photo of him holding his child?!!

Eta: there's also another photo of the child in the car seat holding a book from the used book store...I zoomed in on the pricetag and it's dated 10/10/16. Can any locals tell where that might have been purchased?

Halfprice books maybe? there are 3 in the Indy area, including one in Greenwood and one near zionsville.

I haven't read all of this thread or know really anything about the Colorado guy but has anyone done a side by side of him and BG or whatever?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IE is a low level sex offense and the penalty nor time to serve is not nearly as severe as someone who rapes or sexually assaults victims.

I believe each of the women reported him when he exposed himself to them. There have probably been many other times but it wasn't reported.

Yes, that's the sad part......that it is a low level crime. Wth........it is not normal behavior. They should be locked up.....and yes, sad to say it happened to me many times.....sick bastrds

Also significant in this news report the interviewee states "I took headphones and listened to the voice of the '..down the hill..' to me it could very well be him"...wow

http://www.wlfi.com/story/36479071/daniel-nations

Yes, wow, AND:

"The owner also said a few other things that are interesting: Daniel would always wear a hat, he loved being in the woods, and finally, the last they heard, Nations was in Zionsville working for a construction company."

Construction company, would explain comfortability on the bridge...now we're talkin...

I haven't read all of this thread or know really anything about the Colorado guy but has anyone done a side by side of him and BG or whatever?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not allowed to post one in here.

[video=twitter;913855495886262272]https://twitter.com/alexismcadamstv/status/913855495886262272[/video]

In her clip she mentions DN visited the Morgan County Jail (1.5hrs away from Delphi) on 2/14/17 for a weekly check-in relating to his SO status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper