IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies if this question has already been discussed, but: If DN is a registered sex offender, wouldn't his DNA already be on file somewhere, like CODIS? And if so, why wouldn't LE have been able to find a match using the DNA (if any was recovered) collected at the Delphi crime scene?

A few of us have asked that question but I've not seen a definitive answer yet. I remember when LE was taking swabs from local sex offenders in the area at one point -- why would they do that if their DNA was already on file? Maybe all sex offenders don't have DNA in the system for some reason?

Re the red car, I don't think this is his car. His wife had a job and I'd assume this was her car to travel back and forth to work. According to the heavy.com "5 facts" article, they were on the outs at the time of A&L deaths and he was living under a bridge -- so I'd guess the red car lead is not applicable for that timeframe.
Unless he took it...not inconceivable. But also doesn't mean there wasn't just another red car there that day with no connection.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ick I feel gross typing this - IF a hatchet was involved in A&L's case, he surely had to be a terrible mess afterwards which to me says he pretty much had to have had the car. it seems to me it could potentially be A and/or L's dna on his property that would clinch the case vs the other way around

JMO

That's all I can surmise at this point, based on what has been shared by the media regarding the weapons found in the red Prizm, a hatchet and a .22 caliber rifle. The latter would have made a resounding noise, I would think.

Anyway, going back to the pictures from the bridge, and the great work done here analyzing the shape in BG's right pocket from the video stills... that shape looks more like a handgun, and would've been a possible way to force the girls down the hill, but not necessarily the murder weapon

Someone may have posted already, just cruising my local new sites

http://www.wthr.com/article/state-p...o-interview-person-of-interest-in-delphi-case

snips:

[FONT=&quot]Eyewitness News has confirmed Delphi investigators have arrived in Colorado to interview Daniel Nations.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Nations is a "person of interest" in the murders of Libby German and Abby Williams. Indiana State Police investigators are in Colorado, wanting to interview Nations.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It appears as if he is at the top of the list of potential suspects and investigators want to know more about Nations' whereabouts in February.

(bolded by me)[/FONT]

In South Carolina, people convicted of any felony or sex crime misdemeanor must submit a DNA sample. The state also collects DNA for those convicted of eavesdropping, peeping, and stalking.
http://www.ncsl.org/portals/1/documents/cj/dna/southcarolina.pdf

He was charged with indecent exposure in South Carolina and North Carolina. He's on South Carolina’s sex offender database. So why didn't DNA from the Delphi murders match to him?

Please see my algebraeic formula I just posted in hopes of trying to figure this out lol...should be just a few posts up.

Looks like there were 3 offenses on 8-3-16, that appear to have happened all at the same stop. One was an ordinance violation, it appears written for a rules and regs for parks and a fine was paid. He also had a DWS, driving while suspended prior ( a misdemeanor) and operating with no insurance. A really good local attorney was appointed on these cases. Plea entered for guilty on the DWS prior and the no insurance was dismissed. Indiana required a 90 day suspension on the DWS ticket. Looks like he still has an outstanding balance that is due by 9-29-17. MOO

Hmmmm...that is today. Coincidence.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...nations-in-connection-with-libby-abby-murders

snips:

[FONT=&quot]Riley said Indiana State Police sent troopers who are "well versed" in the Delphi investigation to Colorado on Friday to interview Nations and collect evidence. He said the troopers they sent are familiar with the case and know things that the average person could not know. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After questioning Nations and collecting any evidence that they find, Riley said they will fast-track any type of DNA they see fit to collect. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Riley could not give a timeline on when they expect to have answers but said they are working as quickly and thoroughly as possible, while still protecting the integrity of the case. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](bolded by me)[/FONT]

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...nations-in-connection-with-libby-abby-murders

snips:

[FONT=&amp]Riley said Indiana State Police sent troopers who are "well versed" in the Delphi investigation to Colorado on Friday to interview Nations and collect evidence. He said the troopers they sent are familiar with the case and know things that the average person could not know. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]After questioning Nations and collecting any evidence that they find, Riley said they will fast-track any type of DNA they see fit to collect. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Riley could not give a timeline on when they expect to have answers but said they are working as quickly and thoroughly as possible, while still protecting the integrity of the case. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp](bolded by me)[/FONT]

I'm guessing if they decide they want to collect DNA they will need a warrant from a judge if he refuses? So they need to talk to him to figure out if they have probable cause, just my speculation.

Journal & Courier reports answers should be forthcoming next week:

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...swers-soon-delphi-double-homicides/713451001/

"Riley emphasized that Nations*is not yet a suspect in the deaths of German and Williams, who were reported missing Feb. 13 after hiking on secluded trails east of Delphi and who were found dead the next day.

"Everyone that we've talked to has always been a person of interest until we either decide they need to be looked at even more or (they're) somebody that’s gong to be taken off the radar," Riley said. "Any tip we get on somebody, they're automatically a person of interest.""

Duh, I just realized I had a brainfart, earlier I think I said I thought the couple were the ones interviewed for the sketch, but I just remembered LE said a new witness also came forward (which I thought was suspcious, and additionally a cover for parabon)

A few of us have asked that question but I've not seen a definitive answer yet. I remember when LE was taking swabs from local sex offenders in the area at one point -- why would they do that if their DNA was already on file? Maybe all sex offenders don't have DNA in the system for some reason?

I tried looking this up earlier and my eyes crossed.
South Carolina (where it’s been mentioned in MSM he had sexual offenses), does collect DNA. There was a start date & I read conflicting info - 2000 to 2010.
Then I read about state databases vs national databases & in some states for it to be accessed the next crime must have met certain parameters.
I have yet to find that magical source that clears this up. It’s out there - I’m just frequently interrupted by toddlers.

From his court appearance it is quite obvious he does not want his face seen nor his voice heard.

I have a feeling this is our guy.

JMO

He looks shameful, imo, I wonder if he's thinking about his daughter...or just himself. Anyway, irrelevant!

Does anyone know when ballistics will be back on the gun they found in DN's car for TW's murder? Also I wonder if they found any ammo, it wouldn't take long I'd think to confirm that with the ME. Finally any opinions on whether Colorado would sit on a murder charge waiting to determine a possible link to Delphi?

CO is listed as a state that takes DNA upon felony arrests. Was he charged with a felony for menacing?

While we wait for Indiana LE to confirm whether or not DN is a POI or suspect, could we maybe honor the victims here by posting an uplifting article about the girls?

I'll start....

[FONT=&quot]For spring break, Libby’s family went to Chicago, their first trip out of town since her murder, Patty says. The family plans to take a Disney cruise in the near future — a trip Libby was looking forward to.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“It’s going to be tough,” Patty says, adding that the trip to Chicago was “absolutely miserable because she wasn’t there.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Libby’s older sister Kelsi has been an example of strength for the family.

http://people.com/crime/liberty-german-unsolved-killing-six-months-grandmother-speaks-out/

attachment.php
[/FONT]

Attachments

• Capture-L&A1.jpg
    Capture-L&A1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 583
It could be that he didn't leave DNA at the scene, but that the girls left DNA on him. I hope they get a search warrant to check him items and home for any transfer DNA....though tricky, it would be anything but a coincidence if it did come up that shoes, the hatchet, etc had their DNA.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Oh this is soooooo true and possible....theeeeiiiir blood, etc could be found in maybe his vehicle, clothing, shoes, weapons via transference, etc etc...!! Now that would be the smoking gun right there. Or if he took a souvenir, etc.

There have been cases (Chelsea King murder was one) where DNA was taken off an item found in a search and turned around and matched within two days. It can be done...

Not sure if anyone's shared the front page of today's local newspaper?

Attachments

• IMG_5131.jpg
    IMG_5131.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 165
I wonder what his recent electronic footprint looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme