IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-listened to PC. At about 24 minutes in, he says it's possible it was a chance encounter, but does not think it is likely

https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter16/videos/10154728963476130/#

Perhaps there is friendly chatter on the audio. In fact, the "down the hill" might have been part of a friendly conversation.

I'm still holding on to my theory that he approached them and offered to show them a cool place in the park. He might have known they would be there, but I'm thinking they didn't know he would be there.

Of course, I could be wrong....and then I'll change my mind.

jmopinion at the moment.

Perspective is slightly off naturally, but the poi would be in this approximate location. I have not made any measurements yet, this is just an estimate of his dimensions:

attachment.php

-Nin

Source:
http://www.capitalbay.news/news/1120465-lonely-spot-where-murdered-teenage-girls-were-last-seen.html
Your Photoshop helps to put some things in perspective for me. Even though I know it's not to scale.

I have pictured Libby on that hill to the right bottom of photo when she took the footage. I have always maintained it was from her phone. Could he have forced them "down the hill" right there? I wonder is there a rough path there. So many great maps and visuals in the threads I think I need to see the area in more detail.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hi, new here. I listened to the audio clip before I read anything about it here. I lived in Lafayette for 3 years, and my immediate thought was that the accent sounded exactly some folks I knew from Kokomo, IN. So, in my view, it's a local, regional accent. I defer to longer-term residents though.

Does anyone else thing that the voice recording sounds like the phone may have been in Liberty's pocket when recording? I wonder if she was keeping her phone out of site. Bless these two girls.

This is a recurring question for me. I went back to find what Libby was wearing:

"She was last seen wearing a tie-dyed shirt with fringe at the bottom, gray sweat pants with unknown black lettering and black Nike shoes."

Before kids & strollers, when I'd take the dog on a walk I'd often shove my cell down my sports bra which was under a t-shirt. It's the only place I found it not to budge (as opposed to the waistband.) So maybe that's why I'm imagining that's what Libby did if she didn't have pockets on her sweatpants.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-missing-after-being-dropped-off-to-go-hiking

I always thought it was a cell from a random person and he was far in the distance. I'm truly conflicted to be wrong in all honesty. Those families will never recover from possibly hearing their children murdered. If I was right about the random person it would have been better,...still a pic but no audio....I'm so devastated by this part of this case I can't help but obsess on it....not healthy.

This case has hit so many of us in our hearts.

For me, a big part of it is recalling memories of my own childhood when my friends and I had the freedom to roam around. I gave my own kids freedom too, but not as much as my parents gave me. And I hate what joy we're losing because creeps like this guy who make us scared.

I have such GREAT memories of outdoor adventures with my friends as a kid. I'm definitely thinking about them as I read about this case. Bittersweet reading.

jmo

I always thought it was a cell from a random person and he was far in the distance. I'm truly conflicted to be wrong in all honesty. Those families will never recover from possibly hearing their children murdered. If I was right about the random person it would have been better,...still a pic but no audio....I'm so devastated by this part of this case I can't help but obsess on it....not healthy.

Yes I too feel very sick to my stomach over all of this, especially since the news release today. I would hope LE wouldn't let the family hear possibly gruesome parts of the audio...

Most people by the age of 13 or 14 have had parent's instill in them not to touch that knife so many times as kids and prob physically cut them self with a knife. It plays a big roll in perception most kids have never been hurt by a gun or threatened with a gun.

I believe at this age a girl has more fear for someone sticking a knife to them than a gun.

IMO

I absolutely disagree. IMHO, A firearm is way more frightening than a knife. Just because no one's ever stuck a gun in your face doesn't mean you wouldn't be terrified if they did!

Also, I would hope by 14 that all kids would have some experience at least with kitchen knives. Cutting steak? Helping with dinner?

Is there a transcript yet of today's pressure? Did they take any questions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They did take questions. I'm not aware of a transcript, but surely there will be one soon.

Yes, that is correct. But the road is located towards the SE end of the bridge.

Here is a Google Earth historical capture of the area from 2-26-2012. It shows the leafless trees and therefore a more transparent view:

attachment.php

Source:
Google Earth

How would perp know that landowners close to bridge weren't out mowing or something? With the trees thinned out....isn't it pretty easy to see threw them for quite a ways?

Seeing a few posts on Fb that's the packers building is on some sort of lockdown. They arent any reports as to why.

No, it was a chart stating the water depths from that time period.

It was me.

waterlevels.PNG

This is what I posted.

It's changed at the link as it just shows the last 7 days
https://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?site_no=03329700

On the 13th it was approx 3.3 ft but that would be at the marker, looking at photos of the searchers in the creek I think it was as little as 1 feet in places, and 3-4 feet in others

But if she was video (and thus audio) recording, would longer content have gone to her Cloud?

It depends on her settings.

But yes, longer video or audio possibly could have gone to a cloud if it was set that way.

And it's also possible that they recovered the phone and ultimately recovered it from that directly.

We don't know what her settings were to know for sure if the cloud was an option or not, but yes, and if it was, if she had it set to save audio or video there, but yes, that's possible.

Since LE hasn't said for sure where it came from obviously we don't know definitively where they got it, but theoretically yes.

Ok I'm in my own little rabbit hole here but noticed all the listed land for hunting lease on the biggest site for that type of stuff is all leased out, and on that site alone, that could account for as many as 22 people using the land in the area who may or may not be from nearby.

If you go to the previous thread and look for posts from around 10, plenty of people were transcribing live during the press conference.

My mind keeps going back to what LE said the day after the girls were found......................"make sure you know what your kids are up to"

And now we know they have audio between the girls and the killer...................LE has heard the entire conversation from start to end.

Kinda makes you put the chief's statement in a different light, doesn't it ?

LE has heard the portion of the conversation that Libby recorded, which may or may not be the entire conversation with the perp. She may have only turned it on at a point when she got scared or had a second without him seeing her do it, and the phone may have run out of juice before recording the entire convo. Just saying. jmo.

Seeing a few posts on Fb that's the packers building is on some sort of lockdown. They arent any reports as to why.

Is this a type of business? I remember hearing them say "packers" in terms of who donated for reward money today and the news release.

I noticed that when I drove through the state. In addition, I noticed that the rural accent, especially as I drove south, was distinctly different from the accent in even mid sized industrial towns ( these towns seemed to be more east coast influenced accent).

That aside, how thick is the man's accent? A stronger accent could indicate born and raised in the general area. A weaker one could indicate that he is a transplant who may have picked up some of the local accent over a period of time. Likewise, a strong local accent increases the possibility that he, like most of the locals, is white.

His accent sounds like everyone I know (west central IN, east central IL). I don't detect a southern IN accent (Kentucky light). Nor a northern IN accent (Minnesota/Chicago light). With 3 words, it's really hard to tell much of anything. If he added an unnecessary "s" to the end of a word, I'd for sure peg him a born and raised Hoosier. Indiana is the only place I notice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay