IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
abby.jpg

My first and most rudimentary image ever. I Almost never see anything in the pictures posted on WS. But this one jumped out to me right away! Maybe I need more coffee?

Your Photoshop helps to put some things in perspective for me. Even though I know it's not to scale.

I have pictured Libby on that hill to the right bottom of photo when she took the footage. I have always maintained it was from her phone. Could he have forced them "down the hill" right there? I wonder is there a rough path there. So many great maps and visuals in the threads I think I need to see the area in more detail.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

agreed and maybe they were waiting for him to pass and he just didn't pass and he confronted them right there...but prior to that she started filming and when he confronted them, she put it in her pocket or possibly even dropped it there...or kept it and he found it but it was too late for him to do anything about the recording or he didn't know or understand how to delete it....or he found it afterwards...many possibilities..

My mind keeps going back to what LE said the day after the girls were found......................"make sure you know what your kids are up to"

And now we know they have audio between the girls and the killer...................LE has heard the entire conversation from start to end.

Kinda makes you put the chief's statement in a different light, doesn't it ?

But if if you think about, in the very (very) beginning they also said they did NOT expect foul play...in fact, they said that basically leading up to the bodies being found.

If this was all readily accessible on the cloud to LE and/or family that first night the whole thing would have been handled differently if they'd had this at that point.

I suspect either it took awhile for LE to get the audio/video (from the cloud and/or the phone was retrieved later) and that then it took time for them to even have all this content.

As it also very possibly to get audio good enough to be usable since I imagine Liberty wasn't doing it particularly overtly and the phone could have been concealed, plus background noise from walking needing to be decreased to increase word clarity, etc.

So I suspect his statements changed over time as new information came in.

As his pointedness about danger to others has become increasingly direct and strong (who could be next if he's not caught inferences today, for instance) since those first early pressers also - also making it seem like the urgency increased after additional information was recovered.

JMO.

Your Photoshop helps to put some things in perspective for me. Even though I know it's not to scale.

I have pictured Libby on that hill to the right bottom of photo when she took the footage. I have always maintained it was from her phone. Could he have forced them "down the hill" right there? I wonder is there a rough path there. So many great maps and visuals in the threads I think I need to see the area in more detail.

Regarding that location...how would he be sure more people weren't starting to cross that bridge and head his way and possibly see something?

How would perp know that landowners close to bridge weren't out mowing or something? With the trees thinned out....isn't it pretty easy to see threw them for quite a ways?

I asked something similar to this yesterday and I forget who responded but paraphrasing here is that the killer may have been familiar with the property owner's routine!!!!!

So what if this is the way it happened.

Lilly takes the photo of her friend and captures the suspect accidentally in the background on the bridge. As he approaches, he says something to them about being safe, etc. (maybe he even asked if their parents were around).. he then invents a ruse right then the there... about needing some help in finding his dog or something.. .they walk back across the bridge and go to the right. If you look at google earth, that stretch of woods is steep (as compared to the south side of the creek which is relatively flat). So when he says "down the hill" that literally is down the hill on the side they were found on. Crossing the stream makes no sense to me. Police are searching the river for evidence probably.. gun, knife, etc. So anyway, he wants to get away from the elevation of the actual trail as possible... maybe he had a tent there or maybe he knew it safer there. He had to have had a gun. Or he had one by the arms and told the other that if she ran, he'd kill the other girl. Then he did what he did. :( Finally, sadly, killing both of them. I am so glad she turned on her video.. she may have known she was in a hopeless situation. If she ran, she would never be able to live with herself... but she was not old enough to realize they both would be killed and there was a chance the other girl would have been let go if he knew he knew the girl that ran could ID her.

How do you think thru that in a moment of panic?

Listen to his voice. It sounds really calm. To me it says just "business as usual". This is a SK and he has done this before.

Regarding that location...how would he be sure more people weren't starting to cross that bridge and head his way and possibly see something?
I don't know that answer. I think he was stupidly brazen altogether and had dumb luck from beginning to end, as it was reportedly a popular trail and a nice day out. Let's hope his luck is about to run out.

Please be patient with my English language beause I am a foreigner and I wanted so much to express myself but sometimes it is not easy.
I have been following this case and I am so sorry for these inocente girls fate and for the grief their families are hopelessly feeling. What a sad, sad world we live in that the natural, simple and inocente pleasures of life can't be lived anymore, not even by children.

Enlight me please about this, which I don't see discussed anywhere: did the LE ask the public that was THAT DAY in that park to go and talk to the police? How many persons were there? Who are they? If it is a popular hicking spot there must have been other youngsters, couples, families, etc. the temp was mild and the day was sunny.

And also, do you know if the LE is checking ALL the cameras that might exist in the streets or roads leading to the park? That monster didn't fall over that bridge from nowhere. He had to go along roads or streets to reach that spot, by car, by foot or whatever took him there. Knowing the clothes he had on in cameras from businesses or even particular cameras he could be spoted at the wheel of a car for example.

And for the locals here - does the park perimeter stand in the outskirts of Delphi, I mean isolated from the houses of the town or is it near or close to houses and businesses, stores, etc.

Thank You.

PS - I have on my mind that voice and those 3 words - down-the-hill. Can't 'unhear' them :( I want so much him caught and him to suffer...

Hello everyone! As I said yesterday I wasn't able to be online today when the presser was live. Thanks to everyone who was transcribing it in the last thread! I read those pages, and it was intense and emotional and heartbreaking! Audio! My dear Lord. That was indeed outstanding thinking by Libby! I pray it will click with someone and that someone will make that phone call.

Just putting this link here for anyone else who comes late

http://www.in.gov/isp/delphi.htm

It has all the latest info and the audio clip to listen to and download in different formats.

I think the 'down the hill' words were spoken as part of the ruse he had prepared. It sounds so calm and friendly. He sounds middle aged to me, in his 40 I'd say.

Won't be able to read all the previous comments today as you guys have posted more than 1000 since last night! So apologies if I'm just rehashing.

My heart goes out to Libby and Abby, to their families, and to the officers trying to solve this heinous crime.

I don't know that answer. I think he was stupidly brazen altogether and had dumb luck from beginning to end, as it was reportedly a popular trail and a nice day out. Let's hope his luck is about to run out.

I hope so!!!

I guess it was some sort of a bomb threat.. allowing ppl back in? That poor town. SO much going on.

How would perp know that landowners close to bridge weren't out mowing or something? With the trees thinned out....isn't it pretty easy to see threw them for quite a ways?

Judging by all of the maps I've seen, the guy would have had to determine nobody was home at the residence at the end of that driveway. Which rules out a vehicle being used in the abduction, as well, as it could have been seen from that main road

What a brazen SOB, though. Broad daylight. Really not all that big of a park. Tight timeframe. Guy probably lurked/stalked for a while, but the abduction, murders, and egress took a matter of minutes.

Perhaps there is friendly chatter on the audio. In fact, the "down the hill" might have been part of a friendly conversation.

I'm still holding on to my theory that he approached them and offered to show them a cool place in the park. He might have known they would be there, but I'm thinking they didn't know he would be there.

Of course, I could be wrong....and then I'll change my mind.

jmopinion at the moment.

I think the little girl was smart enough to have the phone in her pocket recording while they were being lead off the trail at gunpoint. They probably realized they were being stalked and she recorded him from a distance. Then she concealed the phone in her pocket. I will not be surprised if we eventually learn she recorded the audio of her own death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay