IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw their was audio and listened before reading any comments so I could listen without any mental influence so to speak, I can hear "get down the hill"
This has sent shivers down my spine. Those poor poor girls.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just catching up, can someone link to pressor please? Do I understand correctly? Libby called her sister and there is a recording of the call? Is that call released in the pressor, or is there a link? I'm heartsick ...

At no point is there talk of a phone call. The picture and the audio come from a video file from libertys phone.

Finally found the old post. A quote from LE on Primetime Justice with Ashleigh Banfield

RILEY: We have looked at it. We`ve blown it up. As a matter of fact, that was done right after we got the picture -- we had access to the picture. And if you look at the far end of the tracks, it looks like there`s two people actually standing there. But if you blow the picture up, you`ll notice that there`s actually three poles there to keep cars from being -- trying to drive across the bridge. So that`s the marks that you see at the end of the tracks.

Transcript here: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1702/16/ptab.01.html

Edit: Was clarified in Thread 3 by "Considering" (thank you), in case anyone wants to go back.

Really, I thank you for finding this

He sounds really cold, like this is not his first rodeo for sure.

Libby, you had to give your life, but you may very well have given us the tools to catch a serial killer. You may very well have saved lives. If only somebody could tell you so...

JEEZ kids are smart these days! My opinion is Liberty probably saw him following them around and had the good sense to do what she did. Maybe she even knew he was creeping on her social media accounts (possibly) and recognized something was up when she saw him that day. Although, I wonder why she wouldn't just call her family in that situation so I'm not 100% on that last part. However, I do feel like she was creeped out by him, maybe he passed them on the bridge a few times. And she finally tried to catch him in the background of an inconspicuous video of Abby (hence why it is pixilated so heavily, it was zoomed in on.) I think he took full advantage of them at that point, quietly, threatening with a weapon. I think he realized she had recorded him towards the end and threw the phone in the water (hence why a dive team was used) but he's older so he doesn't understand all of that can still be retrieved. What a brilliant brilliant young lady. This must be why her grandpa said "shes a fighter." I bet she didn't go down easily.

Tears here.

This LE guy is a leader. He is pulling together the media, the public, locals, people nationwide, all the LE agencies working with him. THAT is what a good leader does. This is a team working together with direction. Love to see that!

And LIBBY!! I had a feeling she was a leader too. I was thinking this morning what a smart, capable person she would be, someone who really would make a contribution to our world. But then I stopped myself and said she DID make a contribution to our world. She did what she could, under horrible circumstances, to catch the criminal(s). She, potentially, has saved other lives.

Leadership and bravery always work their way into my tear ducts.

Everyone has an accent.
I attended Purdue. I am from ONE STATE OVER, upon meeting me, everyone said, "You have an accent! Where are you from?"

We all sound different, even from one state over.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Finally found the old post. A quote from LE on Primetime Justice with Ashleigh Banfield

RILEY: We have looked at it. We`ve blown it up. As a matter of fact, that was done right after we got the picture -- we had access to the

picture. And if you look at the far end of the tracks, it looks like there`s two people actually standing there. But if you blow the picture

up, you`ll notice that there`s actually three poles there to keep cars from being -- trying to drive across the bridge. So that`s the marks that you see at the end of the tracks.

Transcript here: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1702/16/ptab.01.html
Thank you. Although I'm sure someone will see a Harvard educated male who had the flu in his third year of college, loves skiing in Utah, and eats their steaks cooked medium, and wears BVD underwear, while sitting on their RoomsToGo couch, in their $82000 home. Oh, they abused their pet parakeet as a youth, their mom hated them, and they are 35-37 yo, and abuse their wife because she burns grilled cheese sandwiches.

It gets quite ridiculous.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I attended Purdue. I am from ONE STATE OVER, upon meeting me, everyone said, "You have an accent! Where are you from?"

We all sound different, even from one state over.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Yes! I've noticed too, when you think someone doesn't has an accent, that likely means you just have the same accent and don't notice it. It's easy to do.

I've just been following quietly. My heart hurts for these girls.
Someone will recognized his voice. He does sound calm, but I think he is anxious too. Wanting to get the girls off the path.

Reposting in case anyone wants to discuss the combination of knowing that the stills came from Liberty's phone and that they were directed downhill.
attachment.php

Topo on 10' contours.
attachment.php

black arrows point up slopes
attachment.php

The audio has me circling back to roughly my original theory that he intercepted them on the bridge or just coming off of it. Now, KNOWING that the video was from Libby's phone, it appears that he took control of them on the bridge. He may have walked past them since it appears that he he is walking to the South, the same direction of the instagram of Abby and heading in the opposite direction from the side of the creek where the girls were found. I think he could have walked a few feet past them, turned and then directed them back the way he had come from to the North side of the creek. The video is also crucial because it implies that he likely took them to the same side he approached from. I think this is important because he I feel he probably had a reason to go to that side- he knew that side had less houses and that the terrain would give them the ability to hide if need be. He also directed them right off the end of the bridge and not left which would lead me to believe that he was aware of the trail that paralleled the main trail (the trail to the right that the witness said she didn't take) and avoided that side because of the possibility of being interrupted. He took them to the most isolated place available and this indicates to me that he was at least somewhat familiar with the area.

My theory is that he parked in the trees to the rear of the cemetery and made the walk to the bridge. He could have waited in the woods East of the bridge and watched them get out onto the bridge so they would have nowhere to escape. I feel like he could have walked past them pretending to just be someone else on the trail and then ordered them back as soon as he got south of their position. He walked them East and then exited the area via a vehicle at the cemetery and would not have had to go back to the trail anymore. The questions I have here revolve around whether he was seen by others at the park that day. It wouldn't be necessary for him to be on the trails in this scenario risking unnecessary contact.

The drifter angle, which it seems LE is leaning away from makes this all much harder to piece together because it allows for so much more random activity because of the lack of vehicle or means of travel to return to.

The combo of knowing that the stills came from her phone shows that there was definitely an encounter on the bridge and it eliminates the possibility that they were already at the creek bank and sneaked upon. This would mean that he was directing them and that indicates he had a weapon sufficient to control the both of them which leads me to believe a gun. This means he came prepared.

Thanks for you work Bob. However, I'm not following why you think he walked them back the way he came. Can you explain that again? Tia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello. Delurking myself. I'm a Hoosier, although not from around Delphi. IMO his clothing (which I interpret as baggy Wrangler type jeans, brown hoodie -- hands in pockets of hoodie not jeans-- w/ blue jacket over top and hat) and especially his accent sound very typical of rural Indiana areas (more central/south if I had to guess). The way he says down and hill are familiar to me. My husband is from the South and it definitely is more IN than Southern. I'd say early to mid-50s for age. Again all JMO.

Wow it really does look like a truck. On closer inspection you can see the wheels. Good find.

In a highly publicized cases like this, the police find nuts who will make false confessions. By keeping some info secret, they know they have the real bad guy.

JEEZ kids are smart these days! My opinion is Liberty probably saw him following them around and had the good sense to do what she did. Maybe she even knew he was creeping on her social media accounts (possibly) and recognized something was up when she saw him that day. Although, I wonder why she wouldn't just call her family in that situation so I'm not 100% on that last part. However, I do feel like she was creeped out by him, maybe he passed them on the bridge a few times. And she finally tried to catch him in the background of an inconspicuous video of Abby (hence why it is pixilated so heavily, it was zoomed in on.) I think he took full advantage of them at that point, quietly, threatening with a weapon. I think he realized she had recorded him towards the end and threw the phone in the water (hence why a dive team was used) but he's older so he doesn't understand all of that can still be retrieved. What a brilliant brilliant young lady. This must be why her grandpa said "shes a fighter." I bet she didn't go down easily.

I think she knew something was not right and she had the presence of mind not only to record on her phone, she must have also kept the phone hidden to be able to get as much as she did. What a Brave, Smart Girl!!

Being that they released this info on the suspect im feeling sad that they really don't seem to have a suspect in mind. I really don't want to be a negative nancy but I'm worried this will just become a cold case. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a highly publicized case like this, the police find nuts who will make false confessions. By keeping some info secret, they know they have the real bad guy.

Or.. They will also know which tip in the 1000's being reported needs all out STAT attention

Does 'down' in audio sound phonetically like he pronounces it:
d ou n
ou-makes sound like the owl in the word owl?

Does any one know a region that pronounces their vowels that same way?
:cow:

Linguists call that an "open o" and it's a characteristic of midwestern accents. Also the northeast, I think. Not sure about the south.

If he were from farther west, the "o" would be more drawled and drawn out (my own accent: Montana).

He's not a young man. He sounds like he could be slightly out of breath, like he's not used to that much exercise.

I suspect he said more and this is just the bit they extracted as clearest and most recognizable to release to the public.

Bringing this from the other thread about the SOS feature on the iPhone. This was just released about 2 months ago with the new software update. They may not even have been aware of the featuer or had an iphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734