IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the the family and LE had this info from the phone in the cloud at 6 pm, why call off the search overnight? IMO, EVERYONE -->the GOOD, the bad, the ugly are suspect.

Excellent point. I'm guessing they have the actual phone.

JMOpinion

Face and voice of a killer: Teen girls captured the man police are hunting for their double murder on camera saying 'down the hill'

• Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, were found murdered on February 14 near a scenic hiking trail outside Delphi, Indiana
  • Police revealed Wednesday that Liberty captured the prime suspect in the twin murders on her phone
  • He was recorded saying 'down the hill' in an audio clip released by troopers hunting for the suspect
  • The two girls were last known to be alive on the same bridge where Liberty photographed and recorded the man

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ls-photographed-recorded-double-murderer.html

If the the family and LE had this info from the phone in the cloud at 6 pm, why call off the search overnight? IMO, EVERYONE -->the GOOD, the bad, the ugly are suspect.

Family members may not have known how to access stored media in the cloud. I've grown up familiar with technology. My mother, on the other hand, would be thoroughly confused if I told her pictures and videos were automatically sent to the cloud for remote retrieval.

I gotta take a break... I encourage anyone who has not watched the 10 am presser from today, please do so.

Someone lives or lived, worked or worked, served time with or served coffee to this guy. Someone sold him cigarettes, a hat, gloves, something. "If today you hear his voice, call the tipline." (Or audio tape him)

Aside, Thank you to Tokyo, who brought me to the dark side. Now I can imagine.

Unless he using the ruse of showing them something. Example, what if he told them about a cave and was going to show them where it was; "Go down the hill..." Just a thought.

I don't think a girl who had the presence of mind to record this would be naive enough to swallow any such scenario.

You know.........something just came into my mind now that it has been divulged that the camera stills (screenshots) were actually on the phone of one of the victims. Hear me out before you bust a stitch.

We all know that walking along that bridge is a little hazardous and dangerous in spots, most of us have seen the video. Now, imagine a couple of teenaged girls walking along, playing with their phone, taking snapshots and videos as they stroll along laughing and goofing off. Along comes a heavyset middle aged guy that accidentally trips or somehow stumbles as he's walking along the bridge, and girls being girls, they chuckle about it and take a snapshot as he's getting back up and brushing himself off. Their laughing and giggling at his misfortune so outrages him, that he decides to make them pay for singling him out and making him feel foolish and embarrassed.

Although I think everybody initially assumed this was a case of stalking and sexual assault, I can't help but wonder if this entire thing was based on some overly-sensitive jerk getting his ego bruised. We all know that teen girls can be goofy and silly towards strangers while really meaning nothing by it. We also know that some men can't stand to be laughed at or made fun of by women. Hence, the perfect storm that day on the bridge.

To all of you that are going to jump up and down about victim blaming..........that's not what this is. This is an attempt to try and formulate what may have happened on the bridge that led to the final outcome.
That audio clip to me sounds like someone who is determined and a little bit angry.

I think if that is the case he would have lashed out immediately, it seems too collected and thought out to lead them away

Unless he using the ruse of showing them something. Example, what if he told them about a cave and was going to show them where it was; "Go down the hill..." Just a thought.

Although he sounds calm, it sounds more like a demand to me. I think he maybe had a knife or gun at their backs forcing them to go. I think Libby recorded it knowing she felt uneasy, I dont think she would have done that if she willingly went and thought he wanted to just show them something.

I don't think a girl who had the presence of mind to record this would be naive enough to swallow any such scenario.

I tend to agree with you.I don't think they would fall for that

I think it is possible that the girls were communicating with someone, but that someone was not what and who they thought they were.
By the time they met up, it was too late, he/they had them
The girls realized that this person/these people were dangerous

JMO

But here are my current thoughts. I don't think the police know there is a second perp but may suspect it. I think they just wanted to keep that possibility open.

I also don't think we know if the perp(s) had any weapons. IMO it is possible to control two young girls, if they give the impression that if they try to run or fight, they will die. They may have thought complying would save their life. Also, we don't know how they might react in that situation because people respond differently in these kinds of situations.

I personally think they died by strangulation. (JMO no proof supports this) I think the least likely COD would be a gun. This is because although we don't know how they died, we can infer he did not cause trama to their face or heads. (Because there funeral was open casket). I could be wrong but it seems to me most of the time, when someone uses a gun to kill someone at close range, they shoot them in the head. I tend to lean twords strangulation because IMO he seemed to "get off" (joy/ satisfaction) by controlling these girls. Strangulation is a very controlling and dominating way to kill someone.

I agree that Libby got bad vibes from him and suspected something to go down, hence her recording him. If I were in her shoes, based only on the the things we have, I would have suspected sexual assault. I wouldn't immediately think of murder. This would also explain her recording, to have evidence later to help implicate the perp.

Sent from my UMI_Diamond using Tapatalk

I can definitely see the strangulation possibilty you outlined here. But I couldn't imagine them following his orders without a weapon. It was one of the first threads that outlined a possible gun in his pocket, sorry I couldn't find the link in all the posts. JMO but sporty girls wary of a passerby wouldn't be likely to just go along with it without trying to run off.

Agreed. I suspect he already had one of them under control somehow, and knew the other would comply to keep her friend from being harmed. Hence the calm, controlled voice. JMO

Hmmmmmm.......that is indeed an interesting thought. I can see someone being offended by two "kids" in just this scenario. Do I think it's the case here? No I don't. Just my gut. But it's a definitely something to keep an open mind about IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can picture that scenario, but I think if that were the trigger, he would have just pulled his gun or whatever out and gunned them down where they stood. Also, if he started to come at them in a rage, they would have been much more likely to run, even if he had a gun. So it's possible, but I don't think it quite fits the evidence.

This is definitely not a case of coaxing or coercion. It is a demand. GET DOWN THE HILL. He had to have had something in his hand at this point to say that he was not accepting no for an answer.

Thanks for you work Bob. However, I'm not following why you think he walked them back the way he came. Can you explain that again? Tia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some is based in the assumption that the stills came from the video of him first approaching them on the bridge. Based on the shadowing and that from the photo of Libby, he is moving south on the bridge. He is between them and the high side of the bridge in the photo, at least of the Libby because she had to be holding the phone. I just think he could have walked past them as if he was just out there and then once he got below them on the bridge, stopped and confronted them to direct them back to the side where they were found. Sorry if that isn't clear.

- the photo of the suspect is of him moving south on the bridge.
- the photo is taken from the bridge meaning that libby(and assumably, abby) was on the bridge at the same time he was.
- the photo shared of the suspect would place him between Libby and the North side of the bridge.
- They were found on the North side of the bridge to the East.
- I figure if he directed them, he would have likely done so with them between him and where he wanted them to go and that is why I feel walked past them before he began directing them.

This all makes me feel it is very possible that it is a gun in his jacket or at least he had one somewhere. My theory is that they saw him coming on the bridge and that made them uneasy as there is nowhere to go. I think he walked past them or right to them and then pulled a gun and forced them back to the North side where he then lead them East. At some point, while walking East, he ordered them "down the hill."

Adding this up, I believe they have video/audio of everything from the bridge to the end of the ordeal.

The possibility of an additional perp is really unsettling.

There are some simple clues overlooked here.
Look at the photo of Abby on the train bridge. She has on a lightweight sweater. She looks comfortable in that. She is thin. Thin people become colder easier than heavier people. This says that it was comfortable weather.

Now, look at our perp. He is wearing a much heavier coat. He was expecting colder weather because he came from somewhere colder. It is much colder North and East. He came from far, but reasonable distance where it was colder. He traveled at least a few hours to get there.

The act was committed during daylight hours. This doesn't seem typical SK behavior. He traveled there specifically to meet one of the girls. Murder was not his initial goal, but things went sour at some point, and he is a psychotic sociopath.

He had to get back to where he was from, and he needed a quick way to get there. Interstate 65 is a short distance away. He had to get back, because someone (a spouse) would notice that he was missing. He pretended to be at work as normal that day.

That's what I have been thinking almost from the start....but then why would Libby record it secretly?

jmopinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member