IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The picture of Abby walking on the bridge IS a frame from a video that Libby posted to her Snapchat account.
The reason his image is much less clear is because the frame LE released (also from a video) is where he is in the background. He was NOT the focus of the shot. LE had to zoom the frame to even get the image so they could release it.

I don't think it's been confirmed that the video was indeed taken through Snapchat (correct me if I'm wrong.) However, if it was, the quality on Snapchat is even lower. Even if you have a nice phone, the quality of your photos and videos on Snapchat are lowered to make the files smaller and easier to send.

I found this odd as well. SK 101 would tell the perp to get rid off all victim's cell phones. This didn't occur to him. He's sloppy, careless, and possibly out of touch. Good chance he has been locked up since a time before every kid had a smart phone.

We don't know if he got rid of the cell phones or not. We don't know if the photos/video are taken directly from the phones or from uploads to the cloud.

It is more likely a gray hoodie.

I don't know. I see what looks like the bottom of a bag coming out of the bottom of his jacket on his right hip.

edited to add: Never mind. That's his right hand.

Yes, the Emerson quote is a favorite. And I think your point about the picture and the voice being potentially confusing is well-taken, and I agree that there is little audio that doesn't include the voices of the girls, which means there is audio of the crime. This is chilling.

Do you hear two audios after the background was removed? I heard "get" in the one I listened to on the official site after the presser (much clearer than the one at the presser that was so garbled), and then another on the official site later today. Did they alter it again?

I've thought a lot about this case based on what we know, what's not being said and how tight this investigation and release of info is, and now that my belief that the video stills of the suspect came from Libby's phone is confirmed, how much the video/audio tells the story.

I don't think this was a social media facilitated encounter. I think Libby was too smart to be baited on social media, her grandfather said he had talked to her about safety, he seemed to know how to check her social media/who she may have been in contact with when they were concerned about her, so he's no dummy about this sort of thing, and she obviously knew what to do, even under stress, because she got the suspect on camera and audio, apparently, as something was starting to happen. I may be wrong, but I don't think social media is center stage here.

I believe there is only one perp, that he is a skilled hunter, that he is very familiar with that geography, and had scoped out and planned how to do this sort of crime in that environment. I think it was not an accident that he was there on a school holiday where potential victims would be present. And I think he caught sight of the girls and not only were they alone, they were perhaps observed to be not paying attention to their surrounding, caught up in their activities, perhaps not always close to one another, and moving farther away from other people and toward more isolated terrain.

I really think this is too bold a crime, with two victims to manage, and where a phone is involved (I would think that he saw Libby snapping pics or texting because I think he was stalking them) for it to simply be random chance, or a spontaneous attempt by an inexperienced predator who saw these girls and decided to grab them. (However, maybe he didn't realize she had a phone because I would think he would have searched for that right away.)

I don't think he's just a drifter, but perhaps he comes and goes and knows that area from having lived there, or he is simply a resident hiding in plain sight. In either case, I think he is attracted to that location because it offers victims and terrain that makes his preferred crime relatively easy. I say this because of the ease he seems to have had in moving the girls to his preferred location, completing this crime on someone's private property, and in what seems to be pretty short order.

As far as his clothing and what appears to be layers, he could have been packing rope, zip ties, some sort of incapacitating device or chemical, a weapon such as a knife or a gun, and any number of things he uses in his crime. I do think he was dressed both not out of the norm, and in a way that disguised his features and any items he would use in his crime.

I also think he's not the brightest bulb at the end of the day, because if a 14 year old victim can see you coming and posing a threat and keep it together enough to get you on video and audio, you have not done your homework well enough to ensure not getting caught. I think these types of individuals can be smart as far as their predator instincts lending them to cunning behaviors and strategies, but they are so lacking in complex emotions and genuine inspiration or expanded ideas, they always have a blind spot. They have a dullness to them. As a friend of mine said, "Evil is creative, but unintelligent".

FWIW. I could be entirely wrong about all of this.
I think you are right. You've summed it up nicely. The only thing I might disagree on is the phone. He may have taken it away from her not realizing it was on then shoved it in to a pocket.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

New here.... two cases have caught my attention in my entire life, one in my home time (Small town in east central IL, close to IN border) and is one.....

Does anyone have any information/speculation on height of the suspect??

I suspect this guy hasn't held down a job in years. He rarely gets far from home.
Maybe a bait shop will recognize him. Bet he spends time fishing in Deer Creek.

I don't think it's been confirmed that the video was indeed taken through Snapchat (correct me if I'm wrong.) However, if it was, the quality on Snapchat is even lower. Even if you have a nice phone, the quality of your photos and videos on Snapchat are lowered to make the files smaller and easier to send.

The quality of that photo does not really matter in the end. Libby had the presence of mind to get him on film. She also got his voice recorded. This is huge.
This man is toast. He is going down. Right now, someone who may know who this is- could be on hold with the tip line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping and posting again in case it is missed

This is what I see. I understand others see different.

21cuucm.jpg

But you can tell by the other image posted there are not 3 posts at that spot.

The
Yes, the Emerson quote is a favorite. And I think your point about the picture and the voice being potentially confusing is well-taken, and I agree that there is little audio that doesn't include the voices of the girls, which means there is audio of the crime. This is chilling.

Do you hear two audios after the background was removed? I heard "get" in the one I listened to on the official site after the presser (much clearer than the one at the presser that was so garbled), and then another on the official site later today. Did they alter it again?

I've thought a lot about this case based on what we know, what's not being said and how tight this investigation and release of info is, and now that my belief that the video stills of the suspect came from Libby's phone is confirmed, how much the video/audio tells the story.

I don't think this was a social media facilitated encounter. I think Libby was too smart to be baited on social media, her grandfather said he had talked to her about safety, he seemed to know how to check her social media/who she may have been in contact with when they were concerned about her, so he's no dummy about this sort of thing, and she obviously knew what to do, even under stress, because she got the suspect on camera and audio, apparently, as something was starting to happen. I may be wrong, but I don't think social media is center stage here.

I believe there is only one perp, that he is a skilled hunter, that he is very familiar with that geography, and had scoped out and planned how to do this sort of crime in that environment. I think it was not an accident that he was there on a school holiday where potential victims would be present. And I think he caught sight of the girls and not only were they alone, they were perhaps observed to be not paying attention to their surrounding, caught up in their activities, perhaps not always close to one another, and moving farther away from other people and toward more isolated terrain.

I really think this is too bold a crime, with two victims to manage, and where a phone is involved (I would think that he saw Libby snapping pics or texting because I think he was stalking them) for it to simply be random chance, or a spontaneous attempt by an inexperienced predator who saw these girls and decided to grab them. (However, maybe he didn't realize she had a phone because I would think he would have searched for that right away.)

I don't think he's just a drifter, but perhaps he comes and goes and knows that area from having lived there, or he is simply a resident hiding in plain sight. In either case, I think he is attracted to that location because it offers victims and terrain that makes his preferred crime relatively easy. I say this because of the ease he seems to have had in moving the girls to his preferred location, completing this crime on someone's private property, and in what seems to be pretty short order.

As far as his clothing and what appears to be layers, he could have been packing rope, zip ties, some sort of incapacitating device or chemical, a weapon such as a knife or a gun, and any number of things he uses in his crime. I do think he was dressed both not out of the norm, and in a way that disguised his features and any items he would use in his crime.

I also think he's not the brightest bulb at the end of the day, because if a 14 year old victim can see you coming and posing a threat and keep it together enough to get you on video and audio, you have not done your homework well enough to ensure not getting caught. I think these types of individuals can be smart as far as their predator instincts lending them to cunning behaviors and strategies, but they are so lacking in complex emotions and genuine inspiration or expanded ideas, they always have a blind spot. They have a dullness to them. As a friend of mine said, "Evil is creative, but unintelligent".

FWIW. I could be entirely wrong about all of this.

A couple of us feel exactly the same.

Rough thumbnail summary.
There was a young girl who was an avid runner with a successful team who was abducted and killed.
It turned out that the perp was also a runner, an adult one, who had observed her at competitions, ect.
Apparently found out her name and phoned several numbers before getting the right one where she lived. Nowadays he probably would have scanned social network.
He posed on the phone as a writer/photog type who wanted to do a story about her team, lying that the other team mates would also be meeting at the stadium.
The lovely, clever 11 year old never seen alive again.

Point is, have the girls been observed and secretly stalked after coming to the attention of the perp at a sports, or other activity they engaged in that was open to the general public?
imo, speculation.

Kids today are soooo smart, they are so techie that can troubleshoot better than the certified people at work. We actually have called on second graders! to help us. Besides being so handy with her phone, I bet she is like most kids that love to snap pics. They are always studying their environment, they miss so little at that age, they are sharp! I bet she knew her environment that day, sized the situation up quick as in seconds and did her best. Better than most do, especially older peeps not so techie. They have absolutely tremendous clues from her.

I've been thinking he didn't seem to focus on the cell phones. Could he be an ex con who is out of touch?
Then his DNA would have been known and matched. He's obviously not in the system.

In 1998, 1992 and 2005 when going back in time via google earth you can see some very odd stuff with ground directly south of cemetery where girls were found. I can't upload for some reason, but check it out. Like excavations been done there and there is a dip? Maybe the killer worked in this area and knew this? Maybe just where cemetery dumps dirt, but odd. You can't see this unless leaves are off trees or by going back in time.

The quality of that photo does not really matter in the end. Libby had the presence of mind to get him on film. She also got his voice recorded. This is huge.
This man is toast. He is going down. Right now, someone who may know who this is- could be on hold with the tip line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did she get him on "film"? I've only heard that there is audio, that she recorded him. Maybe the phone was in her pocket? It seems hard to believe she's got the thing out pointed at him.

I urge everyone here to take a minute and look at videos and images of this bridge that aren't connected to this case. YouTube has several walk thru style videos. It may help clear up some of this confusion as to the posts that are there to stop cars from driving onto the bridge. You'll clearly see posts. If you do a side by side, you can start to really get a good idea of what point this image was taken at . I'm on my phone so can't link but a really quick search will help clear this up.

I found this odd as well. SK 101 would tell the perp to get rid off all victim's cell phones. This didn't occur to him. He's sloppy, careless, and possibly out of touch. Good chance he has been locked up since a time before every kid had a smart phone.
Or he did and they accessed her cloud..

Why assume they have the phone since LE never said that? .

I think you are right. You've summed it up nicely. The only thing I might disagree on is the phone. He may have taken it away from her not realizing it was on then shoved it in to a pocket.

That's true....I was assuming she would have continued to be in control of the phone and didn't think that he might have taken it, but it was still recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member