IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the other image is a different bridge in my opinion, it shows no posts and there are posts at the end of the deer creak high bridge.

The picture of the girl on the bridge was taken with a cell phone, and the stills depicting the suspect were taken from a surveillance camera.

The girls didn't take the photos of the perp that have been circulated.

That's simply untrue. The police have confirmed that Libby shot the video of him and the images we see are stills.

I grew up in a small town not far from Delphi. His voice sounds like the white trash that I would encounter as a kid. His phrasing and tone says minimal education, and possibly did a good deal of time at some point.

Did she get him on "film"? I've only heard that there is audio, that she recorded him. Maybe the phone was in her pocket? It seems hard to believe she's got the thing out pointed at him.
No she had both. It was answered in the PC

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That's simply untrue. The police have confirmed that Libby shot the video of him and the images we see are stills.

I'm sorry, I missed that today. So the police originally kind of lied about where the stills came from - and why would one of the girls take that video of this guy approaching them?

Assuming the perp had a cell phone on him that day, Isn't there a log of cell phone pings somewhere? Do carriers keep such logs? Maybe dept. of Homeland Security has something like this? If this info could be released to LE, only a limited number of phones would have pinged near the crime scene that day.

Yes. They need a warrant for all the carriers, called a tower dump and compare it to pings of Libby's phone if it was moving around as her Grandfather said, then look for numbers pinging the same tower at the same time. Enormous task aided by computer software IFIUIC

The picture of the girl on the bridge was taken with a cell phone, and the stills depicting the suspect were taken from a surveillance camera.

this is completely untrue. LE has specifically stated that the pics/video are from Libby's phone. That she is a hero because she had the presence of mind to do this.

Um no.

Do you have links to confirm this? From what I gather. Every single piece of audio /video picture/still has come from Libbys phone. It hasn't been confirmed that this was direct or from a cloud.

The image I am referring to is this. THIS is what is in the distance of the Snapchat photo. You can tell because you can see that light peers thru the object which is two tree trunks. You can also see the white colored path follows the same shape in each image AS WELL AS the notched out areas of the bridge.

Can someone please point out where the 3 posts are in this image????

9b99ec2f927b942ade74bbc97e5659c0.jpg

Liberty might be shaking whilst taking the video hence the stills from it not being clearer but I'm really glad she took it. In addition most normal phones don't have video image stabilisation yet.

He may have had a burner phone or possibly he doesn't feel the need to carry one. If he had a burner phone without a contract could the police still trace him? I know they are popular with criminals because it is difficult to trace them.
Yes, they can trace burner phones but not easily. Once they obtained the IMSI of the phone (it is globally unique and is sent to the cell towers) they will be able to identify every location that specific phone was at while powered on. Unless the person was anal about OPSEC it should show up more frequently in a limited number of locations such as home, work, school, etc. It would just be a matter of tying the location to an address and then a little more detective work to actually get a visual on the people in and around that location to see if it looks like who you are looking for.

Then his DNA would have been known and matched. He's obviously not in the system.

Is that on a Federal or state level? And what crimes qualify for dna collection and entering into a database? TIA!!!

Police have said that all of the released stills and audio were from Liberty German's phone:

Police say the photo circulating of the suspect was also taken from Libby's phone.

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/Police-release-audio-connected-to-slain-Delphi-teens-414497113.html

In 1998, 1992 and 2005 when going back in time via google earth you can see some very odd stuff with ground directly south of cemetery where girls were found. I can't upload for some reason, but check it out. Like excavations been done there and there is a dip? Maybe the killer worked in this area and knew this? Maybe just where cemetery dumps dirt, but odd. You can't see this unless leaves are off trees or by going back in time.

I have been toying with the idea that maybe he walked them into a trap - and perhaps that area would be a place to do it.

Just thinking aloud here, speculating

Yes, they can trace burner phones but not easily. Once they obtained the IMSI of the phone (it is globally unique and is sent to the cell towers) they will be able to identify every location that specific phone was at while powered on. Unless the person was anal about OPSEC it should show up more frequently in a limited number of locations such as home, work, school, etc. It would just be a matter of tying the location to an address and then a little more detective work to actually get a visual on the people in and around that location to see if it looks like who you are looking for.

Thanks so much for this information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member