IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little bit surprised the answer hasn't come out in one of the neighbor/homeowner interviews. Hopefully it'll come out in a subsequent interview soon

It may be the reporters have failed to ask that direct question although it would be a very important question to ask.

He had to have it on his person somehow I think for him to always seem to have it quickly available.

Possibly like another poster mentioned and he had the short handle in a carpenter loop on his jeans.

I thought I read somewhere this wasn't the typical hatchet we normally see but the blade was more like a saw than a hatchet blade that is thick at the top and then becomes thinner on the sharp cutting end.

We have several hatchets for cutting down small scrub bushes and small trees/roots but I dont think I have ever seen one that has a saw blade. Has anyone else seen this kind of blade on a hatchet? He may have carefully made it. Some men/women are very good at making their own personal tools, if so, it would be very unique from all others. I would also think any tool marks from this hatchet with a saw blade would also be unique.

Falling Down, do they have this kind of hatchet in the Marine Corps if you know? I was just thinking they could have a lot of specific specialty tools that we normally don't see in our public stores is the reason I am asking, and he may have stolen it when he was in service.

IMO

<snip>
We have several hatchets for cutting down small scrub bushes and small trees/roots but I dont think I have ever seen one that has a saw blade. Has anyone else seen this kind of blade on a hatchet? He may have carefully made it. Some men/women are very good at making their own personal tools, if so, it would be very unique from all others. I would also think any tool marks from this hatchet with a saw blade would also be unique.

Falling Down, do they have this kind of hatchet in the Marine Corps if you know? I was just thinking they could have a lot of specific specialty tools that we normally don't see in our public stores is the reason I am asking, and he may have stolen it when he was in service.

IMO

This is a modern military one, not sure if the Marines use it.

8dZkM.jpg

I wonder if his hatchet was passed down from a family member? I keep going back to farming and construction tools, though, stuff he could have grabbed on the many jobs he's had.

Cripes, the mere image of that hatchet chills me to the bone.

do they have this kind of hatchet in the Marine Corps if you know? I was just thinking they could have a lot of specific specialty tools that we normally don't see in our public stores is the reason I am asking, and he may have stolen it when he was in service.

IMO

Great points!! I imagine one who spends an awful amount of time outdoors as DN has, he may have fashioned his own version or even modified an existing one.
I also wonder about the possibility that the type he has is a marine corps one that is designed for easier maneuvering through dense forests. Hmm [emoji848]
If that is the case then I think of it as his prized possession that he would have on him whenever he is outdoors, especially alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may be the reporters have failed to ask that direct question although it would be a very important question to ask.

He had to have it on his person somehow I think for him to always seem to have it quickly available.

Possibly like another poster mentioned and he had the short handle in a carpenter loop on his jeans.

I thought I read somewhere this wasn't the typical hatchet we normally see but the blade was more like a saw than a hatchet blade that is thick at the top and then becomes thinner on the sharp cutting end.

IMO
Found this tool online. I don't know if it resembles what he had or not.
attachment.php

https://shop.coolmaterial.com/produ...OlK9XmBL2s1_hw2ea03m0LnQJ4VWI_fgaAh1GEALw_wcB

Attachments

• IMG_1684.jpg
    IMG_1684.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 537
Has it been established that DN was in CO the entire time since May? Why I ask is that I just remembered that about a month ago, I got an uneasy feeling about a guy with brownish red hair near my work. There was construction going on next door and he was walking around appearing to be talking on a cell phone, but he was acting funny, watching, looking, you know that uneasy feeling that you get. Anyway, I thank Libby because I thought to get my phone camera and snap a picture. OH~~and I just had to look back at the picture because the car was red with CO plates. Anyway, this car appears to be a Toyota Prius and I didn't get a picture of his face, just his back. I'm thankful to Libby for giving me more situational awareness. God Bless those girls!

As we move closer to what appears to be imminent charges in this case, I want to pose a question to everyone who has been faithfully contributing to this thread.

What have we learned?

We see thread after thread on WS of Perps tearing lives and communities apart. Sometimes we catch them, and sometimes we don't. So what have Abby/Libby's case taught us, that can be applied in other cases? Is there anything, if we could, that we would want to see LE do differently to more quickly apprehend such an abhorrent Perp?

Finally, what can we learn from this (alleged) Perp himself? I would like to give him four options at sentencing. (1) Option to humanly end his life; a better option than he allegedly gave the girls. (2) Try his luck with the general prison population (3) Chain gang hard labor for life, or (4) Non-invasive medical study of his brain, psychological profile, etc. These studies would parallel solitary confinement.

Thoughts?

The "combo"... I suspect the combined saw and hatchet is somewhat new. I googled the search phrase "Hatchet with saw." Several commercial versions came up, and how the saw blade combined with the hatchet was different across a couple of different styles.

This whole thing -- the needless murders, the time lost by authorities, the damage to human life and resource -- is so disappointing.

As we move closer to what appears to be imminent charges in this case, I want to pose a question to everyone who has been faithfully contributing to this thread.

What have we learned?

We see thread after thread on WS of Perps tearing lives and communities apart. Sometimes we catch them, and sometimes we don't. So what have Abby/Libby's case taught us, that can be applied in other cases? Is there anything, if we could, that we would want to see LE do differently to more quickly apprehend such an abhorrent Perp?

Finally, what can we learn from this (alleged) Perp himself? I would like to give him four options at sentencing. (1) Option to humanly end his life; a better option than he allegedly gave the girls. (2) Try his luck with the general prison population (3) Chain gang hard labor for life, or (4) Non-invasive medical study of his brain, psychological profile, etc. These studies would parallel solitary confinement.

Thoughts?

I don't think he is going to have any choice. Indiana has the death penalty and this is going to be a death penalty case.

For those who may have stepped away from the case for awhile (like I did) there is a 27 min video contained in this link that's worth watching. It's an interview with Sgt Holeman. He talks about the sketch and how it was compiled as well as other things.

http://fox59.com/2017/08/14/lead-de...ave-more-audio-from-teens-phone-dna-evidence/

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

ETA: The video I'm talking about is at the bottom of the article.

IMO

Lilibet posted a picture of a hatchet/saw tool some pages back.

You MAY discuss what is in Main Stream Media about DNs wife KN. YOU MAY NOT SLEUTH HER OR LINK HER SOCIAL MEDIA HERE. People that post outside this rule are subject to a loss of posting privileges.

Well this waiting for confirmation is tough on us here and worse for the family and community of Delphi. Hopefully Abby and Libby have caught their killer. What brave, smart and loyal 13 year olds they are. May today be the day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering today is Sunday, if an arrest is affected in this case, I suspect the report of its accomplishment will wait until Monday to match the news cycle of the week. The Indiana State Police have performed with discipline throughout the entire investigation. They will craft a message that does not jeopardize their potential prosecution of the case, and which will communicate to the broadest audience that criminals of this kind will be tracked down and brought to justice.

A few more details for the travels of DN.
Graduated from Chesnee HS in SC 2003
Checked in as RSO in Spartanburg County until 2012. This is where Chesnee is located.
(source for above notes: https://rccatalyst.com/index.php/20...uate-being-investigated-for-multiple-murders/ )
Grandma indicated she had not heard from him for 5 years, ever since she asked them to move off her property. 5 years ago is 2012. http://gazette.com/wife-grandmother...rman-hatchet-threats-speak-up/article/1612025
SC RSO database indicates conviction was June 2007. http://scor.sled.sc.gov/OffenderDetails.aspx?Display=Main&Id=1373981
Spartanburg County indicates DN moved to Florida in 2012. http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/36...tate-questioned-in-slaying-of-2-indiana-teens
Checked in with Florida August, 2012. http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=80306

Considering today is Sunday, if an arrest is affected in this case, I suspect the report of its accomplishment will wait until Monday to match the news cycle of the week. The Indiana State Police have performed with discipline throughout the entire investigation. They will craft a message that does not jeopardize their potential prosecution of the case, and which will communicate to the broadest audience that criminals of this kind will be tracked down and brought to justice.

Personally I don't think anything will happen quickly.
For me I will watch for a change in bail amount for DN. With possibly a statement that more charges are pending. That is what I have seen in other cases.
I do believe that we won't be told anything until all affidavits,warrants and charges are fully complete. IF ISP thinks he is BG.

JMO

Yes, they certainly have, and it will pay off at trial. Speaking of which, I hope it's a closed trial. I would like to see the families spared the ordeal of all the gruesome details being shared with the general public. We know it was a horrible death for these children. The details should be shared behind closed doors IMO. Perhaps not a popular opinion, but it seems to keep a shred of dignity in tact.

About whatever it is that he carries: there are many combination tools that combine hatchet, machete, saw features into a multifunction tool.

The hatchet/saw could be something like this, which is popular with campers and other outdoors people. https://www.armynavyusa.com/Zippo-4...q7gYhOorjBiPaTe2_G3nglpNmGbWzNesaApsbEALw_wcB

This is a hatchet/machete hybrid that's useful for clearing brush and vines. If you click on some of the small images, you can see some of the ways it's used.

Given the kinds of outside and farm jobs we've heard that DN often works at, it's probably not suspicious by itself that he has something like this. Lots of people doing yard and farm type work keep them handy. Waving it at people and hacking their trees and cars, not so much :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper