IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct....in.gov/porp&usg=AOvVaw0U7RbJtSRSG7DkomkLviUg

http://mycourts.in.gov/

You all know the bee in my bonnet by now. Look at the date that order was issued--even though it was served next day. 14th repeats...

Katelyn Nations also told the officers that she had broken the taillight when she hit a tree earlier Monday. Police ran her name and found she had warrants for failure to appear in court, but they were non-extraditable, so she was released.

Nations also had non-extraditable failure to appear warrants, but was arrested on a charge of being a previous offender in possession of a weapon, police said.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/daniel-nations-colorado-hatchet-man-delphi-indiana-murders-photos/

It will be interesting to discover exactly what caused the damage to the taillight.
Tree fibers? or paint chips from say something like a bicycle or a car?
IMO only

There is absolutely nothing wrong with crying! You are an amazing person. You wouldn't be "human" if these inhumane murders didn't affect you.

Bless your beautiful kind and loving soul.
That's how I was feeling when I talked about my thoughts turning to what we'd lost..Bless you.

About developing emotional distance -- after a death in someone else's family a man once told me, "You cannot use it as a crutch. You were not that close." It was good advice that has walked with me ever since.

I dont think he knew he was being recorded. And two individuals took pictures of his car in Colorado when he was watching the search team looking for Tim. Assuming they are one in the same.

These things make me think his glasses were broken and his vision was slightly impaired. Could be just lack of awareness but I don't think he had perfect vision.

RE: What looks like a chewing tobacco tin in his back pocket from the farm employer's photo. That made me curious if LE can get DNA from spit that's mixed with tobacco juice. Apparently yes they can:
Police in Wisconsin said DNA from chewing tobacco spit led them to two men suspected of stealing a safe full of cash from a bar.
https://www.upi.com/DNA-from-spit-leads-to-suspects/13011240436598/

Margarita, hugs to you. You have been a rock in this thread, working tirelessly for these girls and all of the others. I don't know if it is any comfort to you, but cops, firefighters, EMS folks, they all have the same feelings you do. Sometimes you are able to compartmentalize them, and sometimes they get the best of you. Talking helps. Especially talking amongst those (like us here) who have just gone through the experience with you. It is why critical incident stress debriefing is such an effective tool. After a particularly bad call, we would all sit in the kitchen of the fire house casually discussing it. It normalizes what just happened and reminds you that you are not alone. Talk to the people who can understand. Get your feelings out amongst those who are having similar feelings. It doesn't make those feelings go away, but it helps to put them in perspective.

This case is an emotional landmine field. It has changed my world too. I get up throughout the night to check that my windows and doors are locked, and to look in on my daughters. I bought a huge German Shepherd and don't let them play outside without out him. But it also meant that a few months ago, when I got a niggling feeling in my stomach from a guy when I was out hiking, I took several pictures of him and his car/license plate, despite how uncomfortable doing so made me. I stared him down with my camera raised. Bless you Libby for teaching me how to be so brave. Side note, later that day, the same man assaulted a woman in a state park one town away.
http://whdh.com/news/woman-assaulted-at-callahan-state-park-in-framingham-police-say/

Take a break if you need to. There is no shame in that. Your health has to come first. But whatever you do, talk talk talk. Don't let these feelings fester. Much love.
Very nice post! LIbby taught many to be more vigilant. I honestly believe that. In my next door neighbor group, because we are a community of people that live quite a distance from one another on 5 to 15 acre parcels, my very own neighbor posted that the police had been called because she discovered a man standing outside her bedroom window. She would not have even known he was there except his telephone rang!
I guess what I am saying is BE VIGILANT always, join your next door neighbor groups and report things, watch out for one another.

So from this info. he was stationed in the military for 4 years from 2004-2007. Not kicked out while just in boot camp then. What year was his DD i wonder? If he was in an artillery division he would of known about shooting. I wonder if he was already unhinged before he joined the military or became that way during that time in service and it escalated? <modsnip>

I have no idea what his actual MOS was but he seems to have been in the Marine Assault Regiment. The six months lapse from Jan. 2004 to June 2005 could have been a six months deployment or it could have been because he remained at the 2004 battery station for six months. There are so many MOSs within one regiment/division/unit. He could have been a mechanic working on tanks or in a combat position or some other position needed within the 2ndMAR.

When Marines enlist they usually sign up for a four or six year contract. Since this shows him being back in Parris Island in 2007 as his last known whereabouts while in service he was most likely held, processed out, and dishonorably discharged from there.

Our son's base station was always at New River Air Station which is another Marine base in Jacksonville even though he flew in two deployments overseas.

The MC has several bases there in Jacksonville all with different specialties. Our son flew a CH-53 Super Stallion helicopter and that is why he was based at the New River Air Station. As I stated earlier there are thousands of positions held even in 2ndMAR where DN was. We would have to see a copy of his DD214 to know if he had any overseas deployments which would also list his MOS classification.

But as I have also said I still do not believe DN suffers from any PTSD while serving in the Marines. He seems to have had severe issues much before then. He may have thought this would be a good way to disguise his deviancy and blend in but as we see it did not work.

Ditto for LordanARTS!^ Hes very sensitive in reporting these cases which I appreciate!
Ive just come from another youtube discussion/analysis of the bridge photos and speculation surrounding the suspects alleged 'wrist watch'. On closer inspection of the images the circular shape near his right hip immediately appeared, to me, as some type of mallet or hammer, stainless steel/aluminium tube, tool or container. I originally thought it too highly polished or finished for a mallet/hammer but then I discovered 'Thor Aluminium Round Mallet' on google images. Is of similar delicate size, shape and composition and I wondered if a mallet had been suggested as a possible murder weapon? (Excuse me, I havent been following this case closely so Im unaware of any new developments regarding the murder weapon or cause of death but this information was initially not released). Im sure its already been mentioned and discussed extensively here but just thought Id post as people seem to have different ideas over on youtube.

My hunch is DN has pilfered some "tools" from his various jobs. Good post.

There has been no new info on the actual crime in months.

JMO

I have no idea what his actual MOS was but he seems to have been in the Marine Assault Regiment. The six months lapse from Jan. 2004 to June 2005 could have been a six months deployment or it could have been because he remained at the 2004 battery station for six months. There are so many MOSs within one regiment/division/unit. He could have been a mechanic working on tanks or in a combat position or some other position needed within the 2ndMAR.

When Marines enlist they usually sign up for a four or six year contract. Since this shows him being back in Parris Island in 2007 as his last known whereabouts while in service he was most likely held, processed out, and dishonorably discharged from there.

Our son's base station was always at New River Air Station which is another Marine base in Jacksonville even though he flew in two deployments overseas.

The MC has several bases there in Jacksonville all with different specialties. Our son flew a CH-53 Super Stallion helicopter and that is why he was based at the New River Air Station. As I stated earlier there are thousands of positions held even in 2ndMAR where DN was. We would have to see a copy of his DD214 to know if he had any overseas deployments which would also list his MOS classification.

But as I have also said I still do not believe DN suffers from any PTSD while serving in the Marines. He seems to have had severe issues much before then. He may have thought this would be a good way to disguise his deviancy and blend in but as we see it did not work.

Great that your son served, Semper Fidelis.

There's no indication DN deployed over to the sand box.

He was with 10th Marine Regiment, which is an artillery regiment on Mainside at Lejeune. Each Marine division has one of the same that the other active divisions have. So 10th Marines is the one arty regiment for 2nd Marine Division (2DMARDIV). His unit would be located around the corner from the one I was with a long time ago.

India Battery is more specific, each battery has four arty howitzers. A Battery is equivalent to a Company in the infantry, tank battalion, amphib, light armored, etc. Each Battalion within 10th Marines would have 5 batteries, Headquarters Battery and then four arty batteries.

So DN was with 1st Battalion, 10th Marines (2/10), India (I) Battery, then whatever platoon or section he was with. His MOS is anyone's guess.

Woodland Park police stopped a red Chevy Prizm with expired Indiana plates Monday afternoon*because it matched an intimidation case there. In that case, a man and woman in a red car*threatened another motorist with a hatchet, according to a probable cause affidavit provided to the Journal & Courier by the Colorado Springs Gazette.

A man & woman??? I was thinking it was just him based off of other news reports. So she was there for the threats with the hatchet. That's some scary you know what.

This may be old news here and I just missed it BUT it's new news to me. So linking just in case.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...-suspect-indiana-no-stranger-crime/713951001/

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

We will not give up. If it is proven that DN is not the BG, then we will be even MORE determined to find him!
I pray expectantly!

Side note: It is a beautiful crisp day here in Indiana. I believe those two girls would have woke up today with a plan to visit their beloved bridge and it&#8217;s wooded sanctuary.

Great that your son served, Semper Fidelis.

There's no indication DN deployed over to the sand box.

He was with 10th Marine Regiment, which is an artillery regiment on Mainside at Lejeune. Each Marine division has one of the same that the other active divisions have. So 10th Marines is the one arty regiment for 2nd Marine Division (2DMARDIV). His unit would be located around the corner from the one I was with a long time ago.

India Battery is more specific, each battery has four arty howitzers. A Battery is equivalent to a Company in the infantry, tank battalion, amphib, light armored, etc. Each Battalion within 10th Marines would have 5 batteries, Headquarters Battery and then four arty batteries.

So DN was with 1st Battalion, 10th Marines (2/10), India (I) Battery, then whatever platoon or section he was with. His MOS is anyone's guess.

Thank you so much for the valuable information. I really had my doubts that he had been deployed overseas.

Semper Fidelis to you also, and thank you for your service.

I do NOT dispute any of your data, I just have a question. I tried to research his possible military record myself, but couldn't find anything..may I ask where you were able to find things? I was poking around in the National Archives, which is where the USMC website sent me etc..I am missing this piece in my research toolkit. TIA!

I do NOT dispute any of your data, I just have a question. I tried to research his possible military record myself, but couldn't find anything..may I ask where you were able to find things? I was poking around in the National Archives, which is where the USMC website sent me etc..I am missing this piece in my research toolkit. TIA!

I put my opinion together based on his military addresses that have been linked in the thread.

But after then one of our posters, Falling Down, was gracious enough to add much more detail since they were also a Marine stationed in Jacksonville.

Perhaps they can help you answer your questions more than anyone else here.

OT: My Dad was a Marine, and I agree that there is no such thing as a former Marine. I was raised as a mini-Marine! lol. At the time of my upbringing, women were not allowed to join the Corps, or I certainly would have. Its something that gets in your DNA..Semper Fi

So ISP no doubt have questions for DN about his whereabouts early that week. He checked in with Morgan Cty for being a RSO with no fixed address, the following day after the murders.

Why would he have been in Delphi? His check-ins were weekly, so from check-in the previous week, to check-in on the 14th, he had a lot of time on his hands, probably looking for a job. Most likely farm hand work, I guess it suits him, that's what he's done in recent times. Maybe a factory or food processing plant. Who knows?

Maybe, just maybe, he was looking for a job, and got rejected. Maybe he'd been in the general vicinity of Delphi days prior to the check-in on the 14th, living out of the car, but had a lot of time on his hands.

The trail to the bridge, from W 300 N, is difficult enough to find. I drove by it in early August, it's easy to miss. There are no signs on IN 25, or any local roads, to indicate the bridge is there. There's a nice, old, one-lane bridge further up-stream, in a little cut where the land on either side of the creek narrows together, and there are signs for it. No signs for the Monon High Bridge, which kind of makes sense, last I knew it's still private property of CSX Corp. It's also fairly dangerous to cross, according to folks who have been there.

You cannot see the bridge from the surrounding, beautiful countryside. You can't see it from the cemetery. You can't see it, period, unless you're on it or right near it. This time of year, the general area around it is fairly overgrown. In February, BG could have been in the woods and had a fairly clear view of much of the bridge, depending upon which view he had, because of the time of year.

This crime just might line up with what members sensed early on, that this was a random, and very violent, crime(s). Just a random person, full of rage, who picked out his target(s) and struck.

DN had a lot of time on his hands, between check-ins, during this past winter. ISP have to figure out where he was between check-ins, 7th and the 14th.

Edit: You can't see the bridge from surrounding public roads, only from surrounding private properties, unless you're on it or immediately around it.

JMO

What, specifically, are you looking for?

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, apologies if it's a rerun.
Apparently DN appealed his conviction and sentence for indecent exposure out of Beaufort County, SC. (The only conviction I found for DN in Beaufort County for Indecent Exposure was the arrest date 10/03/2007). It reads to me like he didn't appeal saying he didn't do it, but rather he wasn't in a public place when it happened. (MOO). I am left SMH on this one. PER CURIAM: Daniel Nations appeals his conviction and sentence for indecent exposure, arguing the State failed to prove he indecently exposed himself in a public place.

2010-UP-071 - The State v. Daniel Nations
THIS OPINION HAS NO PRECEDENTIAL VALUE. IT SHOULD NOT BE CITED OR RELIED ON AS PRECEDENT IN ANY PROCEEDING EXCEPT AS PROVIDED BY RULE 268(d)(2), SCACR.
THE STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA
In The Court of Appeals
The State, Respondent,
v.​
Daniel Nations, Appellant.

Appeal From Beaufort County
Carmen T. Mullen, Circuit Court Judge​

Unpublished Opinion No. 2010-UP-071
Submitted January 4, 2010 – Filed February 1, 2010​

AFFIRMED

Appellate Defender Elizabeth A. Franklin-Best, of Columbia, for Appellant.
Attorney General Henry Dargan McMaster, Chief Deputy Attorney General John W. McIntosh, Assistant Deputy Attorney General, Salley W. Elliott,
and Assistant Attorney General Christina J. Catoe, all of Columbia; Solicitor I. McDuffie Stone, III, of Bluffton, for Respondent.
PER CURIAM: Daniel Nations appeals his conviction and sentence for indecent exposure, arguing the State failed to prove he indecently exposed himself in a public place. We affirm[1] pursuant to Rule 220(b)(1), SCACR, and the following authorities: S.C. Code Ann. § 16-15-130(A) (2003 & Supp. 2009) ("It is unlawful for a person to wilfully, maliciously, and indecently expose his person in a public place, on public property, or to the view of any person on a street or highway.") (emphasis added); State v. Bailey, 298 S.C. 1, 5, 377 S.E.2d 581, 584 (1989) ("A party cannot argue one ground for a directed verdict in trial and then an alternative ground on appeal."); State v. Williams, 280 S.C. 305, 306-07, 312 S.E.2d 555, 556 (1984) (citing with favor the definition of "public place" appearing in the fourth edition of Black's Law Dictionary and noting that it was "common knowledge" that the particular locations at issue were not private residences).
AFFIRMED.
SHORT, THOMAS, and KONDUROS, JJ., concur.

[1] We decide this case without oral argument pursuant to Rule 215, SCACR.
© 2000-2017 South Carolina Judicial Department​

Source: http://www.sccourts.org/opinions/displayUnPubOpinion.cfm?caseNo=2010-UP-071

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties