IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #70

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The likelihood of D. Nation's talking is probably low. If he is willing to behave badly toward people who gave him aid in life, he certainly will be adversarial with people who pose a threat. Since not cooperating is a way of controlling people who need information, he probably will seek to control the interview by non-compliance and by obfuscating.

He has the right to remain silent, and would be within his rights, however the motivation might be more vindictive toward authority than to prepare for a coherent defense. Authority has always ended up stopping him from doing what he wanted. Now, he's face-to-face with them, and he can slow-roll them by not talking. I suspect it's not just the face of the interviewers he is facing, but the long line of those in authority for his entire adult life. The interviewers will be inheriting the relationships of the past, his Dishonorable Discharge, his other arrests, his jailers, his probation officers....

However LE can use his anger against him. He loses all control when he gets mad ( beats his wife, threatens employers) .

Piss him off and I beat he starts blabbing because he can't control himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

However LE can use his anger against him. He loses all control when he gets mad ( beats his wife, threatens employers) .

Seems pretty cliche but I also wonder how much he might like a smoke?

I work in downtown Indy, several blocks from one of the homeless camps that is under an overpass. This particular homeless camp begins under the overpass, continues over an embankment and spreads out to a large vacant lot.

There are several nice, free, homeless shelters within walking distance of this homeless camp where any of these homeless people could receive hot meals, clean clothes, and sleeping quarters but they have strict no alcohol rules.

One of my coworkers became involved with collecting coats, blankets and warm clothing to pass out to them after she saw families with children living there in sub-freezing temperatures. Our office collected warm clothes and blankets for several weeks, and a few of our coworkers distributed it to the homeless camp residents on weekends.

Our coworkers became aquainted with some of the families. The homeless were all very proud, stuck together, and helped each other out. Several had vehicles that actually ran, and the owners would provide transportation if they panhandled gas money.

Have you read this thread and noted his history of exposing his self and/or being caught in various places pleasuring himself in public?

Petty criminal? :doorhide:

Yes. Peeping, sneaking peeks while masturbating in a public bathroom, driving infractions, marijuana charges and one DV charge from a woman who is still his wife, just had his baby and was traveling, willingly, with him. He may be a mess, but these are not anything more than petty crimes. There are no charges anywhere resulting from him stabbing anyone, shooting anyone, robbing anyone, burglary, assault with a weapon. He scared some women in a public bathroom. To me it is not a big deal. The one person that claims he was violent towards her has forgiven him.

I refuse to rush to judgment here. I refuse to put 2 & 2 together and conclude 5.

I can wait until LE tells me there is a connection to the murders of Libby and Abby. Poor RL was dragged through he** and he had as much to do with the murders as you and I.

Yes. Peeping, sneaking peeks while masturbating in a public bathroom, driving infractions, marijuana charges and one DV charge from a woman who is still his wife, just had his baby and was traveling, willingly, with him. He may be a mess, but these are not anything more than petty crimes. There are no charges anywhere resulting from him stabbing anyone, shooting anyone, robbing anyone, burglary, assault with a weapon. He scared some women in a public bathroom. To me it is not a big deal. The one person that claims he was violent towards her has forgiven him.

I refuse to rush to judgment here. I refuse to put 2 & 2 together and conclude 5.

I can wait until LE tells me there is a connection to the murders of Libby and Abby. Poor RL was dragged through he** and he had as much to do with the murders as you and I.

He has been charged with malicious menacing for threatening bikers with a hatchet. I don't consider that petty. We will just have to disagree, that doesn't mean I think he's a murderer, the evidence on that has yet to be seen.

He has been charged with malicious menacing for threatening bikers with a hatchet. I don't consider that petty. We will just have to disagree, that doesn't mean I think he's a murderer, the evidence on that has yet to be seen.

Have they ID'd him? Was he threatening them or just carrying a hatchet and that alone was frightening to them? Has he been convicted?

Even the thinnest slice of cheese has 2 sides.

I am ready to sign up as counsel for this guy, I think he is being railroaded - pun completely intended.

While I agree with your overall argument that he may not be BG and not to be too quick to judge, ANY conviction with the word "violence" in it rises to a level beyond "petty"... even if the victim forgives them. JMO.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Have they ID'd him? Was he threatening them or just carrying a hatchet and that alone was frightening to them? Has he been convicted?

I am ready to sign up as counsel for this guy, I think he is being railroaded - pun completely intended.

Clearly I don't have proof that he's been ID'd. I do know that Colorado LE embargoed his mug shot for at least 24 hours, and many suspected it was so witnesses could ID him without being biased by the media. He has been charged with the crime mentioned in my previous post, and I think you are aware that he has not been convicted. For me this is not a petty crime, as I said we will just have to disagree. I don't know if you are a lawyer with a license to practice in Colorado or not, but I do heartily believe in the right of a defendant to have counsel. Our judicial system is far from perfect, but the right to a vigorous defense is one of the things that despite the terrible news of today, makes America a beautiful country to live in.

where i come from terrorizing women in a public restroom, exposing yourself is not petty. it's sick and disgusting and a huge big deal.

MOO Yes, agree w you. That could be the interrogation tactic that would work with him IF he is involved and won't reveal info they need. It's apparent he has a violent temper. Not only does LE need info from him relating to the Delphi/cyclist murders but info on any other unsolved crimes he might have committed. JMHO

I don't think he is being "railroaded." For that term, imo, it would mean LE is conniving to make charges that aren't supported by evidence. I don't see LE doing any such thing. They haven't confirmed he is anything other than a POI, just like anyone else they are looking at based on leads. LE has been very careful, imo, not to railroad him.

We on WS are not LE, we're not prosecutors, we're not a jury. We might have strong opinions about this guy, but we aren't in position to railroad.

FWIW, I agree with you that it's a huge leap from his known crimes to a major crime like double murder. I do, however, think this is BG. But if LE says it's not him, then it's not him.

jmopinion

where i come from terrorizing women in a public restroom, exposing yourself is not petty. it's sick and disgusting and a huge big deal.

My thoughts exactly. And killings pigs and threatening the couple that befriended you and gave you s place to live is a big deal also.

And obviously, the courts agree. A person who is a registered sex offender, mandated to lifelong reporting and labeled a felon who is unable to own firearms would not equal anything petty. Regardless of this case, there is nothing petty about this scary criminal. I don't want his petty butt living anywhere near me or my child! The guy that stole a pack of gum from the store and didn't have any crimes that had actual victims, maybe that is petty. DN has many victims that have actual court rulings to confirm that.

I actually think it is irresponsible to minimize the impact his actions have had on others.

The likelihood of D. Nation's talking is probably low. If he is willing to behave badly toward people who gave him aid in life, he certainly will be adversarial with people who pose a threat. Since not cooperating is a way of controlling people who need information, he probably will seek to control the interview by non-compliance and by obfuscating.

He has the right to remain silent, and would be within his rights, however the motivation might be more vindictive toward authority than to prepare for a coherent defense. Authority has always ended up stopping him from doing what he wanted. Now, he's face-to-face with them, and he can slow-roll them by not talking. I suspect it's not just the face of the interviewers he is facing, but the long line of those in authority for his entire adult life. The interviewers will be inheriting the relationships of the past, his Dishonorable Discharge, his other arrests, his jailers, his probation officers....

I'm sure you are right.
Well, he can take all that "control" and 'tude, and see how that works with his new neighbors...in PRISON. He'll be whimpering and crying like the coward he is. All MOO.

Remember the press conference where it was stated that the girls bravely stayed together, even though one would have had the opportunity to leave the other and run away?

Yes... an absolutely heart wrenching detail that steers me even further away from the hatchet man.

Most people...especially young girls would run screaming from a man chasing them with a hatchet. It would be an almost involuntary reaction out of pure self preservation and instinct.

I hear authority and control in "down the hill". I imagine an opposite response...a tendency to obey, to stay together out of the same instinct and self preservation. JMO

I don't think DN is being railroaded at all. So far, he's only been mentioned as a POI. It's a fact LE has more evidence about the murderer of Liberty and Abby than they have revealed, so let's assume they are questioning DN and trying to get more information. That's not the definition of being "railroaded." In fact, it would be hugely remiss of LE not to take DN as a suspect seriously when the witness sketch alone reveals a terrifying likeness.

Yes... an absolutely heart wrenching detail that steers me even further away from the hatchet man.

Most people...especially young girls would run screaming from a man chasing them with a hatchet. It would be an almost involuntary reaction out of pure self preservation and instinct.

I hear authority and control in "down the hill". I imagine an opposite response...a tendency to obey, to stay together out of the same instinct and self preservation. JMO

It looked like he had a gun in his pocket in the bridge pic. Could he have used the gun to scare them into submission, then the hatchet to kill?

LE and Mr Patty has stated several times that the girls stayed together because of love.

I think BG used that love to subdue one when the other could have gotten away. For some reason I think that Libby stayed for Abby.

It would be very easy to keep one girl captive by threats and injury to another... and then just as easily control both by restraints.

MOO

Yes. It breaks my heart to think about this aspect. I just can't make him fit. I'm trying to force it all together in my mind.

However,
DNs resemblance to the sketch and LEs willingness to allow the media to run this long with this guy is HUGE IMO.

It looked like he had a gun in his pocket in the bridge pic. Could he have used the gun to scare them into submission, then the hatchet to kill?

Maybe. It just seems contrary to his impulsive nature. I keep seeing reports of DN allegedly losing his temper and threatening people with this hatchet, breaking in houses, getting caught, exposing himself. He seems so bumbling and out of control. Would he have had that kind of forethought? I don't know.

When I hear "down the hill", I hear authority and control. It runs a chill down my spine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serge