IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some thoughts, I am a nurse and while I am not a psychiatrist or psychologist, I did spend some time on a locked unit with the criminally insane. It is my opinion only, that DN has had a psychotic break. While I have no idea if he is responsible for the deaths of Abby and Libby or even Tim Watkins, ( given that another body was found by the side of the I 25 Saturday in the same general area) I do believe based on all the articles I've read that he has been running around Colorado Springs chasing people with a hatchet. I think we can all agree this is not normal behavior and I believe evidence of paranoia. As many have mentioned a cold, calculated killer in the style of BTK, this guy is not. If DN is responsible for at least 3 murders look for an insanity plea. I imagine that LE will want to speak to that girl he chased down in broad daylight. What did he say to her... how did he sound... etc, etc. Thank God she was able to run home. Now a question for all of you legal types. I am suspecting that LE thinks that he is under so much stress currently that he may snap and confess. Is a confession given by a suspect later determined to be incompetent admissible at trial? TIA

Great thoughts, here.

LE here have to tread carefully. The conversations they've had with him in CO might be a fact finding mission, vs. trying to pressure him to say something he doesn't want to say.

They have to figure out where he was between Feb 7th and Feb. 14th, 2017, and maybe that entire month.

How about as a diversion, someone help me see if they can find any information about an old un-named railroad bridge on old state road 67 in Morgan country that might have attracted DN just prior to Abby and Libby's murders. I've been looking but so far no luck, oh my word are there a lot of bridges in the state of IN!

One of these?

https://bridgehunter.com/in/morgan/

I have a feeling that if someone bails him out here, there is another county somewhere waiting for him to be transported. I don't know enough about how to find out that info, but I know a guy I used to know got out of Orleans Parish Prison only to discover he was being transported to St. Tammany Parish for other charges. Out of the frying pan and into the fire. :)

Trust me, he isn't going anywhere, except another jail.

El Paso Cty would have immediately begun a search for warrants and POI with similar characteristics, after DN was booked. Usually concludes (the search) within 48 hours. That way they know how to set bail, whether to keep someone or not, etc.

Usually when a non-violent criminal is held in jail, the bail/bond decreases over time, and may even end up being zero or close to it at the next court date. I don't see that happening, here, there's an investigation in CO involving DN, he's wanted in Indiana, and IN State Police are taking to him.

If in fact Abby and Libby had hatchet wounds, wouldn't it have been better to disclose the information? Then, people who had seen someone like DN carrying around a hatchet or been threatened with it would have been more likely to associate it with the infamous Delphi murders that was getting so much press? Perhaps that would have saved the life of the cyclist?

Good point.

I'd say a lot of grief may have been avoided, if DN had been held for a mandatory psych eval which was ordered by a judge. DN took off, yet again, but as far as I'm concerned he should have been held a year ago, considering the escalating issues with the guy.

JMO

Agree with this too. I'm a graphic designer and work a lot with images in Photoshop. Zooming in on a photo that already has poor resolution can distort the pixels even more, creating shapes and outlines that are unnatural

You might want to PM No It's Not, she's a whiz with this stuff, we even collaborated recently.

She tried to post some stuff late last week, but it was yanked. Until DN is a suspect, we can't post images of him.

-FD

Also, I did find a railroad bridge off of 67 state road, just south of Centerton,IN. It seems to span the White River. It's also too far of a walk for DN to walk back to Martinsville to check in, so in MOO, he absolutely had a car during that time period. Who it belonged to or what it looked like is anyone's guess.

Regarding the hatchet chasing, I don't think that the fact he is rumored to have chased a child is significant other than it reminds us of what happened to Abby and Libby, and I find it more brazen to be chasing adults around with a hatchet ( as reported by people who knew DN in Indiana) because an adult is going to be more capable of defending themselves than a child, so I assume if he'll chase a grown man, he'd have no issues chasing a child. It just kindles an emotional response in us because of Abby and Libby. Chasing anybody around with a hatchet in broad daylight is extremely disturbing.

Interesting re: the car, some location info, etc.

Does anyone know, exactly, where KN was during February?

If she was in a shelter in Indy before giving birth, then DN was not allowed to live there (obviously). Yet during that month, he had a lot of time on his hands.

So praying that today is the day! Also praying for the families of the fallen in yesterday's senseless massacre in Las Vegas and for the victims healing from the assault on their bodies. May today be the day!

Hi guys, checking in, anything of significance learned in the last 24 hours about DN, etc? Way behind, got sidetracked by the horrible occurrence in Las Vegas, as well as been resting up after 4 very intense days here. Tia.

Hi guys, checking in, anything of significance learned in the last 24 hours about DN, etc? Way behind, got sidetracked by the horrible occurrence in Las Vegas, as well as been resting up after 4 very intense days here. Tia.
Margarita25, I say this with only love: go to bed! This will all be here tomorrow, and we need you to be rested.
k020.gif

The media reported that police are still questioning DN, so we're essentially in limbo, waiting for news whether he's been charged with anything or whether he's been ruled out.

I think his grandmother told the media she had nothing to do with him for the last five years although that was already common knowledge and KN told somebody with the media that she was embarrassed about the whole situation but didn't offer anything else. Apart from that I don't think there's been any other news of interest yet

We can only hope that today is the day we get some news, bad or good

If DN was truly living under a bridge would his wife and newborn have been with him. Do the hospitals discharge an infant to the streets? I can't imagine what a terrible life they must have had.

Unfortunately here in Indiana there are homeless families with kids, And unless the mom mentions to hospital staff the fact that the family is homeless, it wouldn't be known.

If the mom informed staff that she was homeless she and the baby would have been placed in a shelter. But she could leave at any time. Often the homeless shelter residents don't stay long after they arrive. The shelters have strict rules regarding visitation, alcohol, etc. Rules are mentioned as the top reason shelter residents leave, also disagreements with other residents.

I think this is their guy and today is the day! Fingers crossed...

I think he fits the profile perfectly. Hangs out in woods near bridges, no steady employment, issues maintaining normal relationships, escalating sexual acts, threatening people, on the run, and an uncanny resemblance to the composite.

Earlier in the thread I think margarita (could be wrong) posted an article about violent sexual killers and the average age to kill for the first time was 28 for these men. IMO there are too many coincidences. I think it's him and the DNA will be back today. Always jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a link for a picture of DN right before Feb 13th?

Could a hatchet wound be confused with a knife wound? If it was used in a slicing movement vs striking? I’m such a city girl!

Could a hatchet wound be confused with a knife wound? If it was used in a slicing movement vs striking? I’m such a city girl!
To a layperson I could see them looking the same (like in a defense wound). But from all my experience with "csi" and "law and order" LE can use crazy science to correctly identify the weapon.
😜

To a layperson I could see them looking the same (like in a defense wound). But from all my experience with "csi" and "law and order" LE can use crazy science to correctly identify the weapon.
��

Hahaha! Thanks for the laugh :).

Even if DN does not talk with delphi officals, he has already not knowingly given the oppurtunity for the arresting officers in colorado a chance to compare DN voice the day they arrested him compared to the tape. At the very least those arresting officers in colorado have the oppurtunity to give the opinion of DN voice compared to the recording. Saying lines like " we're not that kind of people" or " I shook my fist out the window" .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper