IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I am fixated on the cemetery. I need help from the locals. Is the cemetery still in use for “new” occupants, do they have staff on the grounds at all times? Are there any buildings or sheds that the Perp might have accessed?

Cemetary is not staffed. Has no buildings. Is in current use and has a searchable internement list with "Find a Grave"
RL property has out buildings as does the Mears whose farm is across from the Mary I. Gerard and Monon High Bridge Trails parking area.

Here is a link for you -- to the Morningheights (Delphi) cemetary.

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=1983408

Has this been linked yet, his amazon account? Shades of TK, this was what I was mentioning earlier to carbuff, inthedetails, BCA and the other smart person, forgot the name sorry, about the kinds of things I was expecting to see.

<modsnip>

Yes, I don't want to be too graphic, but the only DNA that would automatically be from the killer would be bodily fluids from a SA.

But if there was touch DNA on a piece of clothing or a cig butt nearby, we can't know if it was actually the killer or not. Although putting someone there or in contact with the girls is a big first step.

Bodily fluids don't have to be from a sex assault. There's also sweat and saliva.

Thanks for posting this; a new source (to me) that clarifies a bit why it's going to take so long. What I'm gathering from this source is that LE believe they have the killer's DNA based on the sheer amount they've collected from the crime scene, but for now it's 'somewhere in there' in the vast mix of undifferentiated DNA evidence they collected [a mix belonging to victims, family members, killer, etc.]

That would explain why they think they "have enough evidence to convict" the killer, but also why they think they "have a long way to go" and "have a year's worth of work right now" (also quoted from that article).

They still decline to state what sort of DNA evidence they have. But that raises the possibility then (to me) that LE might NOT have the more obvious DNA usually associated with sexual assault. Hair and touch DNA might abound and would be much more of a tangle to sort out (whether victim, family member, killer, or someone else). But semen evidence would stand out (if this were a sexual assault) as most definitely belonging to the killer and therefore that sample would be easily differentiated from the outset for test-matching with POIs. And LE wouldn't need to run a POI sample against "plenty of DNA" hoping to get a hit. Yet from the sound of things (in this article), it appears they are running each POI's DNA sample against *multiple* less-differentiated DNA crime scene samples hoping to get a hit. (See BBM below.)

Wlfi article link: http://tinyurl.com/y6wqukch

They may have co-mingled DNA belonging to the girls and the suspect which takes longer at the lab since they have to separate the co-mingled DNA

Yes, I don't want to be too graphic, but the only DNA that would automatically be from the killer would be bodily fluids from a SA.

But if there was touch DNA on a piece of clothing or a cig butt nearby, we can't know if it was actually the killer or not. Although putting someone there or in contact with the girls is a big first step.

If one or both girls scratched him, wouldn't it be obvious the material found under her/their fingernails would contain DNA from BG too?

JMO...
A three year old.
In the backyard at three a.m.
What? Just what?????

(They're calling it an "abduction" right now.

I don't want to derail this thread, just wanted to alert for people to keep an eye out, especially members near the Dallas area. )

It does not take eight months to figure out if you have DNA and if it is from an unknown person in a spot where the person who matches it is most likely the killer. For whatever reason, and none make sense to me, LE has danced around the question of DNA all along. Saying they have DNA to match to a suspect would not harm any investigation. Jmo

If DN is guilty, I think it may explain why everything happened so quickly. Although he has been convicted of sex crimes, there haven't been any actual rapes (at least not that I've heard about); he seems to be known even more for his explosive temper. If he decided he was going to go further than just exposing himself and the girls resisted too much, he may have lost it and murdered them before things ever got that far. That would explain some problems with identifying DNA, and how he could abduct 2 athletic young girls, sexually assault and murder them, and leave in such a short period of time. I have no idea if he's the one or not, police sketches never look like the person to me. MOO

Did LE ever use the precise words "person of interest" when discussing DN? All I recall is them saying they were going to talk to him to see if he is a suspect. Then, they said they can't rule him in or out. When do we consider a person to be a POI if LE doesn't use those words?

I think LE saying they have DNA was a ruse to throw off the perpetrator.
Same with the "we're getting close" comments during the briefings.
To me a missing RSO an hour away who was never investigated is a major problem.
Doesn't matter now I guess.. hopefully authorities learn from it.
I wonder how common it is for RSO's to go missing? Also, how are they found when they do?

Did LE ever use the precise words "person of interest" when discussing DN? All I recall is them saying they were going to talk to him to see if he is a suspect. Then, they said they can't rule him in or out. When do we consider a person to be a POI if LE doesn't use those words?

I do believe they referred to him as a POI, looking for link.

Eta:

Who is Daniel Nations? The latest 'person of interest' in the murders of Libby & Abby in Delphi
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...terest-in-the-murders-of-libby-abby-in-delphi

"State police are calling Nations a &#8220;person of interest&#8221; in the case, but it&#8217;s a title they say has been used many times over the past several months and has yet to lead to an arrest."

Indiana State Police send detectives to Colorado to question &#8216;person of interest&#8217; in Delphi murders
http://fox59.com/2017/09/29/indiana...uestion-person-of-interest-in-delphi-murders/

"On Thursday, ISP called Nations a &#8220;person of interest&#8221; in the murders of Abby Williams and Libby German, but did not elaborate further."

I wonder how common it is for RSO's to go missing? Also, how are they found when they do?

Altogther its looks like about 1300 RSOs in Indiana total - some are incarcerated, some reporting, but there are about 300 non-compliant RSOs, of which some have warrants out on them and some don't.
The RSO Richard Seeger whose house in Lafayette, was recently raided by the FBI (100% contents tagged and bagged,) is in the registry and is compliant.

http://www.icrimewatch.net/indiana.php

Was this case ever solved? I've seen this before, but stumbled on it again...

http://fox59.com/2016/08/31/fbi-off...veland-abduction-case-girl-held-for-17-hours/

Similar...
2 page article.
http://www.news5cleveland.com/news/...-on-child-kidnapping-case-in-cleveland-elyria
Justin Christian was arrested at his home in Lorain, Cleveland Police Chief Calvin Williams announced at a Monday morning press conference flanked by several other law enforcement officials. The investigation spanned several months, crossed cities and involved multiple law enforcement agencies, Williams said.

What is familial DNA and how did it help officers catch the alleged Cleveland, Elyria abductor?
Christian, 29, was is charged with kidnapping and rape for abducting a 6-year-old girl from her West 104th street home on May 21 and taken to a house where police said she was held hostage in a bedroom for 17 hours and sexually assaulted before being dropped off in a neighborhood near her home.
The FBI has linked Christian to the attempted abduction of a 10-year-old Elyria girl in February.
"This feller, this diabolical criminal is one of the most sick and warped people I've met in a long career will face justice," McGinty said.

Details on how Christian sought out the girls were limited, but McGinty said social media may have played a role in seeking out both girls involved in the cases. Police are investigating if he had contact with them.

There are other cases that are similar to those of Cleveland and Elyria, but McGinty stopped short of fully connecting Christian to those incidents.
rbbm

Wow, just seeing this:

"&#8220;If they do put somebody behind bars and you do have the chance to say something to that person&#8230;is there anything that you would say to Abby and Libby&#8217;s killer?&#8221; asked reporter Alexis McAdams.

&#8220;I have thought about that a lot and you can plan and you can rehearse. You can think that you will exactly what you would say to him if he was face to face but until you are standing there I do not think anybody would ever know what they would say to him,&#8221; said Mike."

Grandparents react to 'person of interest' in murder of Indiana girls
https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...interest-in-murder-of-indiana-girls/23233231/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody