IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If BG has a bulbous nose with a flattened bridge, then that feature should be accurate. Any other features may not be accurate. MOO Also, the sketch makes him better looking than BG on the bridge. In fact, the pic of him that was not used on the posters makes him look downright evil. IMO.

I find it really interesting that so many on this forum noticed the nose from the very beginning but Libby's grandparents only commented on the eyes and lips.
I have just had a thought. I wonder if DG was one of the witnesses? JMO.

If BG has a bulbous nose with a flattened bridge, then that feature should be accurate. Any other features may not be accurate. MOO Also, the sketch makes him better looking than BG on the bridge. In fact, the pic of him that was not used on the posters makes him look downright evil. IMO.

I find it really interesting that so many on this forum noticed the nose from the very beginning but Libby's grandparents only commented on the eyes and lips.

yes I get what your saying. I noticed the nose too. I just hope the sketch is correct. I did a quick search them and there are some very accurate ones.

You are right. He is not supposed to have any weapons in his possession. He was a passenger in the car when they pulled him over and (I think) the car belongs to his wife who also claims to have bought it. I would argue that he was not in possession of that weapon. Your tactic may differ.

The hatchet. If witnesses can ID him and the hatchet and give sworn testimony that he threatened them with the hatchet, then he goes to jail for having the weapon in his possession - at the very least.

I agree, he makes poor decisions.

How does that change the fact no one here knows of any evidence that connects this man to the murder of these girls?

BBM

Because it's human nature to want to blame someone. (tossing out an explanation?) :thinking:

I took a scroll through the previous threads recently.

I lost track how many times I read reasons why the person du jour had to be BG.

I don't know if this latest POI/suspect is or isn't.

I do wish the public would stop trying to force reasons to make him BG.

Well this guy seems to have had multiple chances but was still driving, and carrying weapons and drugs whilst also skipping out without letting Johnson County know his whereabouts for months. Double standards IMO. That's besides even considering the TW case (is there a thread?) and these murders. ( oh and the DV, not to mention the pig slaughter and hatchet menacing when his employer pees him off. RL sounds like a Saint compared to him.)
:cow:

Hi SS :)

People keep mentioning the pig slaughter here.

Is there a document/link something to show he was arrested or a formal police report showing a complaint lodged against him for that offense?

BBM

Because it's human nature to want to blame someone. (tossing out an explanation?) :thinking:

I took a scroll through the previous threads recently.

I lost track how many times I read reasons why the person du jour had to be BG.

I don't know if this latest POI/suspect is or isn't.

I do wish the public would stop trying to force reasons to make him BG.

This ^

Good morning :coffee: ,

No results yet?! Gah, they said later in the week...maybe today then? :banghead:

This agonizing wait has inspired me to start this thread, a general resource, "DNA: How long did it take to get it back?"
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?351746-DNA-How-long-did-it-take-to-get-it-back

Everyone is welcome to please contribute. :smile:

(The first example I cited in the thread is Savanna Greywind's case, the DNA results (boyfriend and newborn baby) seemed to come in in under 2 weeks, approximately.

Which was owned by KN.

If it hasn't already been done so, someone should post a link to the code that prohibits a known felon from being in the vicinity of weapons that they have the potential to access.

Everything I have read states a felon cannot be in the vicinity of a weapon unless for ex., it is in a safe and the felon does not know the code or felon is with someone who has a CC permit and said weapon is tucked inside the person's waistband and out of view.

Does anyone know if he had to verify he was actually living under a certain bridge when he went to check in for being a SO? Or did they just take his word for it?

I wonder of they can/will link him to the Flora fires somehow?

If it hasn't already been done so, someone should post a link to the code that prohibits a known felon from being in the vicinity of weapons that they have the potential to access.

Everything I have read states a felon cannot be in the vicinity of a weapon unless for ex., it is in a safe and the felon does not know the code or felon is with someone who has a CC permit and said weapon is tucked inside the person's waistband and out of view.

From what I have read a felon cannot be around anyone or any place where there are weapons present. I dont know the laws in IN or CO though.

From what I have read a felon cannot be around anyone or any place where there are weapons present. I dont know the laws in IN or CO though.

That's not accurate. If it were, the felon couldn't go anywhere in the US or be near a cop etc.

I'm sorry I don't have the exact code but will post it later if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Starting to get a little worried...if they can't tie him to the crime scene...but sounds like he will be held behind bars for TW's murder/trial? Please let there be no bail, I doubt there will be, moo. But man, if they can't tie him to the area, etc, he might not be charged if the DA thinks they might not be able to secure a conviction beyond a reasonable doubt? If he is not charged, due to lack of being able to definitively include or exclude as a suspect, I will still always wonder if he is really BG. And this is extremely worrisome to me.

That's not accurate. If it were, the felon couldn't go anywhere in the US or be near a cop etc.

I'm sorry I don't have the exact code but will post it later if someone doesn't beat me to it.

I do belIeve there was a good discussion between camerabug and another member (forgot who) re: the codes being mentioned, oceanblueyes and BOP; Iwill see if I can find the posts. There was an interesting exchange of questions re: the interpretation of these codes, and a resolution/understanding reached through this discussion, iirc.

Also, oceanblueeyes, re: the DNA questions that are discussed, I think our little exchange re: this is significant here (3 posts re: DNA, when I said "wow, I think you're right" after you bounced off a quote I posted), looking for that too.

I thought it might be helpful to have a summary of what media has said concerning the DNA evidence. (Please don't throw pie if you disagree or have a differing opinion as to the facts; this is simply what's been reported. :eek:)

The DNA Evidence -

1. The killer's DNA was found at the crime scene:

Lead detective in Delphi murders confirms police have more audio from phone, DNA evidence
Police tell us they have conducted hundreds of interviews, followed up on thousands of leads and served dozens of search warrants to find clues that the killer may have left behind, including DNA.
“At every crime scene, you are going to have DNA. We are still working on identifying all of the DNA that we have there,” said Sgt. Holeman.
Along with DNA evidence, police also have the suspect's voice. ...

http://fox59.com/2017/08/14/lead-detectives-in-delphi-murders-confirms-police-have-more-audio-from-teens-phone-dna-evidence/

Delphi murder investigators find DNA from girls’ killer Police investigating the murders of two teen girls from Delphi have found DNA supposedly belonging to the girls’ killer.
It’s been six months since Abby Williams and Libby German were murdered while walking on a hiking trail near Delphi, and now the Indiana State Police says they not only have more audio of the killer’s voice, recovered from Libby’s cell phone, but also DNA evidence that they believe belongs to the killer. ... Police aren’t yet releasing the additional audio, nor are they saying yet what kind of DNA evidence they have.
https://www.953mnc.com/2017/08/16/delphi-murder-investigators-find-dna-girls-killer/

2. DNA was not only found at the Delphi crime scene, but was "fast-tracked":
COPS have recovered DNA evidence from the crime scene where two girls, 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German, were found murdered.
The teens, who posted a chilling last Snapchat picture before they disappeared last week, were found dead close to a river near the town of Delphi in Indiana.
Police say they have recovered DNA evidence and have asked the lab to fast-track the vital clue, The Sun has reported.
“We asked for a fast-track as far as that piece of information,” said Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby. http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...n/news-story/29f37e4becf9bc04350dd22644f9e9cb

3. Crime scene DNA samples have been compared to every POI they've talked to, and a DNA sample has been collected from DN and is being tested/compared.
(*This repeated testing and elimination of prior POIs would also seem to imply that the crime scene sample collected is NOT unusable for any reason, but is viable and usable for determining if a POI is connected to this case. But JMO, of course.)

"Riley...
said police also have obtained samples of Nations' DNA, which has become a common procedure over the course of the seven-month-long investigation. He added that the samples will be compared to evidence gathered at the crime scene.
"We check DNA on everybody that has been investigated," Riley said. "Every person that we have talked to, we've gotten a DNA swab from."
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...swers-soon-delphi-double-homicides/713451001/ (same article/different format at this link: https://amp.jconline.com/amp/713451001 )

I think the MSM headlines make this sound more definite than it actually is. We need to look at the dates of the actual interviews, and what was said versus what writers interpreted and turned into a headline.

Here is what LE actually has stated:

Feb. 23rd:
Carroll County sheriff says DNA evidence on ‘fast track’ in Delphi case

Leazenby (Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby) wouldn’t go into specifics about forensic evidence in the case, although he did say investigators had requested that DNA evidence be “fast-tracked.”

One way various articles have interpretreted this is that they have DNA and are fast-tracking it. But another way of interpreting it is that IF they find DNA, it will be fast-tracked.

Feb. 24th:
Sheriff clarifies reports of DNA evidence

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby clarified his on-air comments from a Thursday interview during a Fox59 report, noting he didn't intend to confirm or deny that investigators collected DNA evidence in the double homicide investigation of Abby Williams and Liberty German.

Leazenby said he felt the need to clarify the Fox59 report because "we don't want to have mass confusion."

... which cancels out the previous day's interpretation of Leazenby's statement they had found DNA.

Aug. 14th:
Lead detective in Delphi murders confirms police have more audio from phone, DNA evidence

“At every crime scene, you are going to have DNA. We are still working on identifying all of the DNA that we have there,” said Sgt. Holeman.

Technically, he said they have DNA, not DNA evidence. "At every crime scene, you are going to have DNA" is a Captain Obvious kind of statement. You have two human bodies, trees, leaves, and squirrel fur. There is nothing in that statement to suggest they have the killer's DNA. In fact, since they are still looking at it six months later, it doesn't look promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1