IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tea Time, "Lawyer Up" is shorthand for remaining silent during questioning, and only talking with police in the presence of a lawyer. His lawyer probably told him only to talk in the presence of his assigned lawyer.

Is his lawyer in another state?

2 weapons and he is a convicted felon. I believe by law he is not allowed to have any. He makes very bad decisions. IMO
Is a hatchet considered a weapon? I wouldn't think so even though it can be used as one. But then so can a hammer.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Tea Time, "Lawyer Up" is shorthand for remaining silent during questioning, and only talking with police in the presence of a lawyer. His lawyer probably told him only to talk in the presence of his assigned lawyer.
I think the poster just meant that his attorney probably told him not to speak without him/her present.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

2 weapons and he is a convicted felon. I believe by law he is not allowed to have any. He makes very bad decisions. IMO

You are right. He is not supposed to have any weapons in his possession. He was a passenger in the car when they pulled him over and (I think) the car belongs to his wife who also claims to have bought it. I would argue that he was not in possession of that weapon. Your tactic may differ.

The hatchet. If witnesses can ID him and the hatchet and give sworn testimony that he threatened them with the hatchet, then he goes to jail for having the weapon in his possession - at the very least.

I agree, he makes poor decisions.

How does that change the fact no one here knows of any evidence that connects this man to the murder of these girls?

Local news an hour ago said more charges ARE coming. I believe this is in regards to Tim.

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Mount-Herman-Road-menacing-suspect-now-a-person-of-interest-in-Delphi-murders-448560803.html

Is a hatchet considered a weapon? I wouldn't think so even though it can be used as one. But then so can a hammer.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yes, it can. I am quite familiar with a parolee that used an axe to remove a tree stump on a landscaping job, walked home after work with the axe over his shoulder, was stopped by LE, arrested and returned to the state penitentiary for 5 years. In fact, he reminds me a great deal of DN - lots of bad decisions, lots of arrests for stupid stuff and incapable of pulling it together when released. But, he would never in a million years and no matter how many drugs he did or booze he drank, kill 2 little girls.

However, his last stint at the pen was like his mother looking out for him from Heaven. He was released last year, looks 100 times better than when he went in, has real friends and a GF who help him to survive on the outside. I am hoping he makes it.

Sorry for the off topic post, but I have seen tons of DNs and none ever killed anyone.

I guess no one here knows whether the people who said they were threatened on the trail by a man with an axe have ID'd him and the axe yet. We'll see.

Quote:

On Thursday, the El Paso County Sheriff's Office announced more charges against Nations are pending and would be coming out soon. They did not specify what those charges were or which case they were related to.

Nothing new.

oh! it said three missing women...and I thought they all looked alike ! LOLZ sorry about that!
Thats what I thought at first.
Two women were found dead. A third woman did an interview with the media. She became the next victim. It has to be someone from the area targeting them.
He may of saw her on TV.

He flips off the camera today in court. You have to watch till the end.

Does all this mean that they don't have any DNA from the crime scene? This is so confusing. And if there is no DNA, then I don't see how it can be solved, other than by a confession.

Of course the case can be solved. What did they do before the discovery of DNA? By your reasoning there were no convictions before 1990'ish unless there was a confession.

From the americanbar.org website:

“The CSI Effect has purportedly led to jurors’ unreasonable demands for definite physical evidence at trial. Jurors now expect a DNA test for just about every case. They expect the most advanced technology possible, and they expect it to look like it does on television. The CSI Effect has perhaps rewritten the standard burden of proof in the criminal context from “beyond a reasonable doubt” to “beyond any doubt.” In other words, it is completely dependent on seemingly error-proof forensic, scientific, technological evidence. A troublesome aspect of the CSI Effect is that some of the technology jurors may have come to expect may not exist, and, even if it does exist, availability does not correlate with admissibility.”

A hatchet is a tool. It is not a weapon in and of itself. Many tools can be used to injure or kill. Unless he is explicitly forbidden to possess a hatchet or unless they can show use of as a weapon or intent to use as a weapon then I can't see the offense. And that goes for purposes of parole violation as well.

A hatchet is a tool. It is not a weapon in and of itself. Many tools can be used to injure or kill. Unless he is explicitly forbidden to possess a hatchet or unless they can show use of as a weapon or intent to use as a weapon then I can't see the offense. And that goes for purposes of parole violation as well.

There was a rifle in the car.

Yes, RL. The guy who got dissected, arrested for an offense completely unrelated the murders and, oops, he had nothing to do with killing the girls.

My guess is he held back some information. Maybe he was not forthcoming that he drove that day. Maybe more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1