IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A hatchet is a tool. It is not a weapon in and of itself. Many tools can be used to injure or kill. Unless he is explicitly forbidden to possess a hatchet or unless they can show use of as a weapon or intent to use as a weapon then I can't see the offense. And that goes for purposes of parole violation as well.

One of DN charges in Colorado is Felony Menacing based on reports that he threatened ppl with hatchet.

18-3-206. Menacing

(1) A person commits the crime of menacing if, by any threat or physical action, he or she knowingly places or attempts to place another person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury. Menacing is a class 3 misdemeanor, but, it is a class 5 felony if committed:

(a) By the use of a deadly weapon or any article used or fashioned in a manner to cause a person to reasonably believe that the article is a deadly weapon; or

(b) By the person representing verbally or otherwise that he or she is armed with a deadly weapon.

Felony Menacing is a class 5 felony in Colorado and carries a potential penalty of up to 3 years in prison followed by two years of parole. However it is very unlikely you would get any prison time if this is a first offense, although it does depend somewhat on what county your charges are in and the facts of the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh lord, he cant even behave in court. Hes a loose cannon.

Agree. Some people believe that meds and counseling will fix this. I'm highly skeptical, even though I'm normally a supporter of meds.
Who really wants this guy in their neighborhood, anyways, sexual perversion, violent, has a hatchet, a gun, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://wishtv.com/2017/10/03/police...ossibly-links-man-to-delphi-double-homicides/

Your opinion is shared by so many. With all due respect though, I would rather LE proceed very carefully, and be as reasonably certain as possible before announcing ANY arrest.

The stakes are too high. Premature announcements to the media could prove disastrous to the case, especially at this stage, imo.

Sgt. Kim Riley states in the link above: "We have not concluded at this point because there's so much more to do, one way or the other, on the case as far as is he or is he not."

Most pertinent are Sheriff Leazenby's words below which bear repeating, imo.

"Some day we will be in that courthouse across the street," he said. "We have to make sure all the facts are lined up correctly. If we don't, we only get one chance at this."

BBM

What stand out to me about this quote is the "we only get one chance" part.

They only get one chance to convict whomever they arrest, but in theory they could have many chances to arrest someone for the crime.

Maybe it means nothing, but maybe it means DN *is* their man but they have to get everything straight before they charge him.

I'm wondering if it does turn out DN is BG and KN divorces him then she can testify against him correct (if she knows anything about his crimes, and to whether he was driving their car in February around the 13th and 14th? As I seem to recall it was reported they had broken up somewhere around that time (if it's true)?

I don't think she can refuse to testify against him because minor children are involved, married or not.

Where? Where was DN that is too coincidental?

I was responding to the poster's theory that DN was there, which is how witnesses were able to make the composite sketch, but that BG who was photographed by Libby, is not DN, but was also there. In my opinion, DN not only looks like the composite sketch, but he also looks like the man photographed on the bridge, BG. So when I said it seems to coincidental, I am referring to the idea that DN and BG are not the same person, yet share a lot of physical similarities. In my opinion, the composite sketch is of BG, who was photographed by Libby, and is the same person who witnesses described. I am saying they both look strikingly like DN (to me), and that seems too great a coincidence to have them be separate people. Get it? Your point is that we have no evidence that DN was there at all, I see that, so your question is likely rhetorical.

Edited for spelling errors

He is a homeless, non-compliant RSO, pot smoking exhibitionist with a wife and 2 kids who moved from Indiana and got caught in a car which also had a weapon in it. That is all we know.

We also know that he is a domestic batterer, which shows he is not only violent, but violent against women, this aside from his multiple sex offenses toward women.

Yes, it can. I am quite familiar with a parolee that used an axe to remove a tree stump on a landscaping job, walked home after work with the axe over his shoulder, was stopped by LE, arrested and returned to the state penitentiary for 5 years. In fact, he reminds me a great deal of DN - lots of bad decisions, lots of arrests for stupid stuff and incapable of pulling it together when released. But, he would never in a million years and no matter how many drugs he did or booze he drank, kill 2 little girls.

However, his last stint at the pen was like his mother looking out for him from Heaven. He was released last year, looks 100 times better than when he went in, has real friends and a GF who help him to survive on the outside. I am hoping he makes it.

Sorry for the off topic post, but I have seen tons of DNs and none ever killed anyone.

I guess no one here knows whether the people who said they were threatened on the trail by a man with an axe have ID'd him and the axe yet. We'll see.
He was identified by the car by several witnesses prompting LE to follow up IIRC. Going right back to the initial reports here in the thread should find the press reports. They may even be in the media thread. Eta there are loads of reports in the media thread about the circumstances.

Yes he did. He got what he deserved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well this guy seems to have had multiple chances but was still driving, and carrying weapons and drugs whilst also skipping out without letting Johnson County know his whereabouts for months. Double standards IMO. That's besides even considering the TW case (is there a thread?) and these murders. ( oh and the DV, not to mention the pig slaughter and hatchet menacing when his employer pees him off. RL sounds like a Saint compared to him.)
:cow:

http://fox59.com/2017/10/03/family-says-sketch-of-delphi-suspect-resembles-new-person-of-interest/

“I do not want to get my hopes up too much. We have been through this several times and when you go through that, the drop when it is not them is tremendous,” said Becky.
-.-.-.-
“Absolutely, I see the goatee and the lips are what stuck out to me,” said Mike.
“The eyes, the eyes, I think the eyes are what convinced me that it could potentially be him,” said Becky.
-.-.-.-
Indiana State Police are still asking people to call in tips to 844-459-5786.

Right now, both families are working to raise money to build a baseball/softball field and park in Delphi. The families ask that you donate money to that cause to honor the girl’s memory at this time instead of adding on to the more than $232,000 reward.

I haven't posted in so long but ive been reading everyday though and catching up.
with this new info everything has gone crazy here again.

something that has been on my mind since LE released the sketch is how accurate do people think it is.

it took a while for the witnesses to come forward and I'll be honest I don't think i would remember what someone looked like that I walked by last week let alone month's later.
I'm just wondering how LE realease a sketch based on someones memory and nothing else.

what if the sketch is wrong. I highly doubt it is but what if it were and we were all looking for the wrong face. JMO

What I'm missing re DN: some charges for Trespassing.

I haven't posted in so long but ive been reading everyday though and catching up.

something that has been on my mind since LE released the sketch is how accurate do people think it is.

it took a while for the witnesses to come forward and I'll be honest I don't think i would remember what someone looked like that I walked by last week let alone month's later.
I'm just wondering how LE realease a sketch based on someones memory and nothing else.

what if the sketch is wrong. I highly doubt it is but what if it were and we were all looking for the wrong face. JMO

May very well be although there were several witnesses as a source for the painting.

What I'm missing re DN: some charges for Trespassing.
Would sleeping under a state highway bridge technically be trespassing? In UK, trespassing charges are a civil matter rather than criminal and often do not get pursued unless there was criminal damage too. Eg. Scrambler bikes riding around private land are trespassing but if they accessed via an open gate and did no damage, it is often overlooked. However if fences are damaged to gain entry or stock is worried or injured, then criminal damage would be the appropriate charge. I don't know if trespass is like that in the states so you may need to explain further exactly what offence you are looking for.

The witnesses have had the BG stills as constant reminders and were scared so they are unlikely to forget the incidences I would think. I believe it is accurate because of that.

If BG has a bulbous nose with a flattened bridge, then that feature should be accurate. Any other features may not be accurate. MOO Also, the sketch makes him better looking than BG on the bridge. In fact, the pic of him that was not used on the posters makes him look downright evil. IMO.

I find it really interesting that so many on this forum noticed the nose from the very beginning but Libby's grandparents only commented on the eyes and lips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member