IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why LE would do that. Why would they continue to let someone walk the streets and potentially murder other innocent people? If LE was interested in DN, his wife was still posting on FB, and they could have easily located her. Or they could have just put out a warrant before they actually did so on 9/26 for failure to register. That way, when he was arrested, he'd be extradited. The theory that LE let him walk the streets despite being a POI doesn't make that much sense to me.

I believe that despite the intensive investigation, LE initially failed to realize that DN was no longer complying with his RSO check-ins. I envision LE taking a fresh look at the basic possibilities & he then stood out as non-compliant. They reviewed his record, plus maybe a few interviews with acquaintances. Enough boxes were checked with DN as POI that they created a sketch from one of his mug shots.

True however I will try and find the warrant, as soon as that sketch was released and prior they were looking for him and they finally executed a warrant sept/ 2017.

oops, should have added the failure to register as a SO.

Again, I am wondering about KN's reasoning for going to CO. she said DN wanted to go and find out about his brother that was murdered (Jan 2017) and wow it just hit me, the day the murderer of DN's brother was incarcerated (Sept 13/17) Tim Warkins disappears and subsequently murdered. Did DN go into yet another rage?

There's a huge difference between Charging a person and executing a warrant. This warrant didn't exist until September. They could have charged him months ago, and then when he was arrested in Georgetown Colorado (July 2017), he would have been extradited. So why would they wait to charge him if they wanted him? It doesn't make sense.

He did have a warrant in bartholomew county from June, which was not for failure to register. It was for failure to show for a probation hearing. That's a misdemeanor and not extraditable for Indiana.

"On Wednesday, Johnson County prosecutors filed a felony charge of failing to register as a sex offender."

https://amp.jconline.com/amp/713951001

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/09/29/daniel-nations-indiana-hatchet-suspect/amp/

True however I will try and find the warrant, as soon as that sketch was released and prior they were looking for him and they finally executed a warrant sept/ 2017.

If the bullets that killed TW matched the gun that was in DN's car, would that be enough to arrest him? I would think the gun has DN's fingerprints on it (as opposed to his wife's prints). I'm surprised there hasn't been movement on the CO murder case.

Maybe LE is taking their time because he's in custody for other charges so they don't need to rush to get him off the streets. But, I guess I was expecting the bullets to match and then murder charge to quickly follow.....but....nothing.

Maybe the bullets don't match?

jmo

When the attack happened DN was a lot heavier. The photo of him sitting in hospital with a heavier build, holding the baby with the thick goatee, still makes me think he could be BG. We are not allowed to post that photo here as its source cannot be verified.

I have actually seen a photo of DN holding the baby when he was heavier...and while his build looks more like BG there..I don't see him being BG. In my opinion BG is older than DN..and far more savvy'. DN is no doubt whatsoever sadistic, dangerous, abusive, and should be put away..he needs serious help..but I don't see DN being smart enough to do this. And to me his eyes are too round...I see BG's eyes as being less round & slightly hooded. Like everyone else here...I have followed other stories...Kyron Horman, Holly Bobo, Casey Anthony..but none has drawn me into them more deeply than this one. I pray to God that they find whoever did this soon.

I have, and you're proving my point that the warrant is new. Thus, there is no way LE just failed to put a pen to paper for 4 months and let a POI (as you have stated) walk the streets. There's no reasoning behind it.

Also, to "execute" a warrant is to serve the papers or arrest the person, not to sign off on the charges as we are talking about.

Above, note the date Sept 26/17 Jonhson County IN

So, politely, no. The video and audio are not the twist in A&Ls heinous, unfathomable sight witnessed at their crime scene. When LEO gives you a clue, pay attention to their words, as they are chosen carefully and with a purpose.

Always interesting to get other people's takes on what's being said in between the lines. I stand by my original opinion, though. I've listened to every interview and read all the articles, and invested about as much time as anyone else has in the case and I still stand by my original opinion-that the "twist" is that the girls offered us a clue as to who their murderer was. As a true crime writer, I've worked with many different organizations, members of LE, DAs, and parents of murdered/missing children over the years. Just about any crime involving children causes LE, seasoned and trained and the like, to be horrified.

I can appreciate that we all have different opinions but I respect yours and enjoy hearing yours. My opinion might turn out to be wrong, but I stand by it and it's still okay for me to have it.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...y-theyre-closer-to-finding-libby-abbys-killer

Sgt. Holeman says the Delphi investigation has been one of the hardest cases he’s ever worked – but he’s not giving up hope that they will find the girls’ killer.

“It’s like a 5,000 piece puzzle,” said Sgt. Holeman. “We have the edge put together, that’s what you do first, you put the corners together and put the edge together – but there’s a lot of missing pieces in the middle.”

Investigators have sifted through thousands of tips and hundreds of leads to find those pieces.

“The thing we don’t have is the box with the picture on it,” said Sgt. Holeman. “If you can imagine doing that, putting together a 5,000 piece puzzle without a picture, it makes it difficult.”

Again, I am wondering about KN's reasoning for going to CO. she said DN wanted to go and find out about his brother that was murdered (Jan 2017) and wow it just hit me, the day the murderer of DN's brother was incarcerated (Sept 13/17) Tim Warkins disappears and subsequently murdered. Did DN go into yet another rage?

I would like to learn when his mother and his stepbrother got murdered: some 13th of a month maybe?

I think that ^^ (bbm) was also posted to inform DN and no other - then logically he wasn't present in hospital before. And perhaps she didn't know exactly which of her statements would put him deeper into a mess: "Yes, DN was present" (lie) or "no, he wasn't present", so she said she couldn't remember. IMO

Curious to know why you think the first FB post was directed at DN. I think there's a good chance the second one (wanting to talk to someone, presumably Daniel) was passively directed to DN but not seeing a correlation between the first one and him. In this age of oversharing, the pregnant women in my newsfeed post similar updates every day. They post about every doctor's visit, how much weight they've lost, how much they've gained, how many times they threw up that day, how much the baby weighs, which way the baby's facing, etc. It's become so excessive, this sharing of information on something so personal, that my BFF has dubbed it "Womb Watch". The posts are not directed at the men; indeed, they're most often directed at female friends in order to elicit comments of encouragement, positivity, and even envy.

Both dates were the same yes (14 Sept not 13) and some of us think this may have escalated his normal road rage behaviour. He could have been similarly enraged at his brothers death on 10 Jan and still have been angered by it in February. AJMO.

I think that ^^ (bbm) was also posted to inform DN and no other - then logically he wasn't present in hospital before. And perhaps she didn't know exactly which of her statements would put him deeper into a mess: "Yes, DN was present" (lie) or "no, he wasn't present", so she said she couldn't remember. IMO
I think that's spot on. Why would she post I want to talk to you if she had already been with him? He must have contacted her after this and she then took him to the 14th check in. Importantly he still seems to have no alibi for the 13th. AJMO.

There's a huge difference between Charging a person and executing a warrant. This warrant didn't exist until September. They could have charged him months ago, and then when he was arrested in Georgetown Colorado (July 2017), he would have been extradited. So why would they wait to charge him if they wanted him? It doesn't make sense.

He did have a warrant in bartholomew county from June, which was not for failure to register. It was for failure to show for a probation hearing. That's a misdemeanor and not extraditable for Indiana.

"On Wednesday, Johnson County prosecutors filed a felony charge of failing to register as a sex offender."

https://amp.jconline.com/amp/713951001

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/09/29/daniel-nations-indiana-hatchet-suspect/amp/
So in Colorado he was in Teller County, now he is in El Paso County to be heard this week. What then? Will he have to come back to face one or all of the Indiana outstanding warrants or are they all non extraditable?

Long-time lurker, first-time poster who has been following Abby & Libby since they went missing.

I must say, the thing that spurred me to finally post is my surprise about all the posters saying weirdly supportive things about Daniel Nations. I get it that some people get the gut feeling DN isn’t A&L’s murderer, and others are just pointing out evidence that leads away from him or towards someone else as a prime suspect—those things are totally valid and a crucial part of sleuthing! I appreciate those insights and those aren’t the posts I’m referring to.

I’m more referring to posters writing things along the lines of, “This isn’t the guy, so just move on. Stop raking this innocent man over this coals—back to the drawing board!” I mean, even if you have your theory and good evidence for it, and you think DN PROBABLY isn’t BG for whatever reason, I truly don’t understand how anyone can completely rule him out and disregard the fact that LE in both Indiana and Colorado have declined to rule him out as a suspect in any of the cases in which he’s being investigated.

The other thing that disturbs me is the attitude of, “Well DN’s just an unlucky guy who had a traumatic childhood. He’s just a petty criminal and homeless person who can’t catch a break. We have no reason to suspect he’s capable of murder! We shouldn’t be so quick to judge/should give the poor guy a break.”

Even if we only judge DN by the crimes he has actually been CONVICTED OF in a court of law, by judge or jury, we already have proof that this man is a violent psychopath. With regard to his indecent exposure convictions, you guys, we are not talking about a flasher (which is bad enough, imo) or public urination. DN took sexual pleasure in terrorizing and violating women and children by forcing them to see him masturbate, watching them in a public women’s restroom while masturbating, directly addressing them with crude sexual comments while forcing them to see him masturbate. Put yourself in the victim’s shoes! What a horrifying, traumatic experience this evil man put them through—especially that poor mama with her child!

DN was also CONVICTED of breaking his wife’s nose in front of his child. Again, domestic violence is bad enough on its own and far worse than some posters here seem to comprehend, but this was an especially violent, over-the-top incident.

And those are are just the convictions! Add to that the things DN is charged with in Colorado—attempted assault and threatening folks with a HATCHET. LE decided there was probable cause to charge him with all of that very violent, unhinged behavior. On top of that, we have statements from neighbors and former employers that DN is a violent, frightening, rage-filled man. This is a person who was DISHONORABLY discharged by one of the most respected institutions in the world, the USMC.

DN may or may not be Bridge Guy. He may or may not be connected to the murders of A&L and/ or Tim Watkins. We all pray that person truly responsible for those crimes is caught and convicted, whoever it turns out to be. It is my personal opinion and best guess at this time *only* that we will find out that DN is connected to one or both cases, and probably others, but I am prepared to be wrong. That said, Daniel Nations doesn’t deserve our sympathy or wishes for a good future. He’s no victim. We’ve seen no evidence of him ever expressing remorse or anything but self-pity and rage. He’s a bad, bad guy who has violated and terrorized too many innocent victims already, most of them women and little kids, and been convicted of doing so by respected institutions. Let’s hold no illusions about exactly who we’re dealing with here.

Lore Listener, :goodpost:Thank you for such an honest and eye opening post. I have been wanting to post about DN but my post would in no way be as tactful as yours, plus mine would be hard to read with all the **** **** **** b/c of censorship.

BTW...

:welcome:

Please keep posting!

:happydance: :happydance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics