IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting question! Not sure what I think about that yet, but if there is an "accessory" involved I think we're going to see a "turned state's evidence" situation. moo

That's what I think too, that he/she will turn state's evidence.

Did any local MSM report on Nations today or yesterday? I'm having trouble finding anything.Pretty messed up I have to watch/read Colorado news clips to see updates about a named POI for a double homicide that happened 25 minutes away. Maybe it was reported on and I just missed it.

Very interesting question! Not sure what I think about that yet, but if there is an "accessory" involved I think we're going to see a "turned state's evidence" situation. moo
Can you explain what “turned states evidence” means?
I am fairly new at this and want to understand. Thank you in advance.

Can you explain what “turned states evidence” means?
I am fairly new at this and want to understand. Thank you in advance.

Per Wikipedia

“To turn state's evidence is for an accused or convicted criminal to testify as a witness for the state against his associates or accomplices.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did any local MSM report on Nations today or yesterday? I'm having trouble finding anything.Pretty messed up I have to watch/read Colorado news clips to see updates about a named POI for a double homicide that happened 25 minutes away. Maybe it was reported on and I just missed it.
By googling DN latest news I saw three reports from yesterday:- colorado springs gazette, cbs local and rtv6 indy channel. Sorry can't link for you but perhaps someone else can? ( and put them in the media thread too please )

States evidence generally involves a “lesser” sentence. Like life instead of the death penalty. Plea bargain basically.

Sorry, adding to previous comment about what states evidence is!

Ok just watched dr. Oz. Glad we can put it to rest-they definitely have DNA. So on 10/5 was the filed paperwork to force getting DNA from DN bc he refused? How hard is it to get that approved so you can have the DNA? This is driving me crazy.

Thank you for sharing what states evidence means. So, for example: could an accomplice to the crime (driver of getaway car) fess up and say, “he killed the victim, I just drove the darned car?” Hoping that they will get a lesser sentence by confessing and helping the state with their case?

Ok just watched dr. Oz. Glad we can put it to rest-they definitely have DNA. So on 10/5 was the filed paperwork to force getting DNA from DN bc he refused? How hard is it to get that approved so you can have the DNA? This is driving me crazy.

Investigators already obtained his DNA:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...eturn-colorado-no-link-yet-nations/726885001/

DNA processing takes two days when fast-tracked: http://fox59.com/2017/02/23/dna-evidence-recovered-in-delphi-murder-investigation/

@Rossymom...Sorry I wasn't onboard to answer your question, since I think it's the first time anybody has asked me one...lol. So glad to see that other posters responded timely (and correctly)!

If they have DNA why are they unable to clear people? Are lots of suspects refusing to give a sample? WTH is going on?

I've never seen an episode of Dr Oz but I watched today. I really hope a lot of people see it. Thought they did a pretty good job. One thing that threw me is Dr Oz seemed to be stating is as fact that there is a man shown in Libby's snapchat photo of Abby. We covered this here extensively early on, what appears to be a man in blue standing next to a tree, he would be on the hill off to the right of the bridge (or over Abby's right shoulder). Anyway, Dr Oz said "this is what police noticed...there's a man there" in the background of the snapchat photo, zoomed in and circled. Nancy Grace said it was one of two motives: either he took something of theirs (robbery) or it was sexual. She seemed to feel very strongly that the girls last moments were captured on Libby's phone and gave the impression she felt it was sexual in nature. Dr Oz claimed to be told "exclusively" by ISP Sgt Holeman (who was not on the show but his photo was shown) that the murder was "brutal" and they have DNA but no match has come up in the DNA bank yet. That's my take away on it.

ETA: made a correction from Abby's left shoulder to right

This is the website, I don't know if they'll show the episode later or if it has to be watched on Hulu, Netflix or something similar.
http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/true-crime-tuesday-murdered-bridge?video_id=5607510443001

I hope (or request) that some on this forum will state whatever they heard on Dr. Oz/Nancy Grace today that sheds any light on what we have already read and discussed here. I am unable to watch the program...and assume I'll get objective, clear reporting from WS friends. thanks in advance...

M.kay, I learned nothing new today. Dr. Oz did state that there was someone captured in the photo of Abby (on the bridge) hiding behind a tree. As kizzykat mentioned above, that was quite odd.

This is not Dr Oz show's photo, but it is the location they showed saying "this is what police noticed...there's a man there..." I will say their zoom in image appeared to be much crisper on the show than what I've seen online.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 58a5e16b25000017600b971e.jpeg
    58a5e16b25000017600b971e.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 572

ISP have always said they have DNA, but they have also said they are not sure if it's the killer's DNA. So, this isn't put to bed any more than it was before, unfortunately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member