IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #73

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m pretty sure the OP was referring to BG being the suspect (on video) not DN.

This is a silly debate as a quick Google search of “poi vs suspect” will show you that these terms are euphemisms.

With that being said LE in this case (and many many others) have been very careful not to call people suspects before they have been thoroughly investigated to avoid defaming anyone.

In fact in the very beginning BG was labeled a poi before being labeled a suspect officially.

I’m in the camp of these being two different terms, but there’s no need to jump down anyone’s throat for stating that they can refer to the same person ( I don’t mean you, her, but other posters who have since replied on this topic).

IMO a person of interest is someone LE believes has info to help close the case. A suspect is someone LE believes was involved with the crime. A POI can later become a suspect.

https://definitions.uslegal.com/p/person-of-interest/

From link:

Unlike "suspect" and "material witness," "person of interest" has *no legal definition*, but generally refers to someone law enforcement authorities would like to speak with or investigate further in connection with a crime. It may be used, rather than calling the person a suspect, when they don't want their prime suspect to know they're watching him closely. Critics complain that the term has become a method for law enforcement officers to draw attention to individuals without formally accusing them.

Ok, hope we can put that one to rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually as you can see in the quote below the poster was clearly stating DN is the suspect. So, I'm sorry it's not just a thing no matter how much anyone tries to put lipstick on a pig.
In a place where I feel truths are being stretched thin it counts a lot.

If if they have the suspect on video, must not be DN or he would have been charged immediately. Can't deny it when there is a video of you murdering someone. I still believe DN is a suspect so there must be more to the twist.
I added the boldness.

ETA
I wanted to add I have no opinion either way if DN is BG.
truly about to give up here

Maybe it would help to please use the "reply with quote" button.
TX

I was trying ( and failing) to use the web view which I don’t usually. I wanted to edit/ delete but couldn’t find that option. Looks like you found the one w quote. lol

I'm gonna think out loud and talk at the same time...

The Sheriff was out in CO at a conference and reviewed the case with the folks that were there. That in itself could have prompted the connection. No, I don't have a link but, that's what was written here at some point.

As far as the article goes, it could have been a slip. <modsnip> Unless something happened after the shooting, which is possible, I don't think it occurred. The killer clearly knows there were other people in the area as well as houses. That sounds too risky to me. As much as we think the person is an idiot. Course DN probably doesn't have an IQ above 85.

I'm on board with it being DN. That sketch and other things line up way too close. I'm having a hard time with how accurate the sketch is. When have you ever seen that? And from witnesses that saw him multiple months before? Think about it, that would be tough. I wouldn't remember some moron walking down the street. Especially in that detail. Maybe it was from someone that picked up a hitch hiker and spent time in the car with them. I don't think that's enough to lead to a successful prosecution but it would be a great witness to have.

Maybe KN has already helped PD with details and they're building their case. And she's running her mouth trying to save face. Maybe she'll turn states witness. I'm not overly impressed with her anyways. I mean, she knows DN's past, I'd assume and she married the guy. I'm pretty sure my wife would have never dated me with a past like that.

One last note... Again, no link, but I read an article recently where someone that knows DN said he had some type of leg issue. Maybe it was here that I read it, I don't remember. But I know I read it and it wasn't on "social media." Don't you think it's a bit odd as well that he only whispers or talks in a low voice in court. Now that I think about it, maybe his IQ is 90.

Good day.

One last piece... If they really tried to up his bail to $25k due to on-going investigations in other states. That to me speaks volumes.

The Sheriff was out in CO at a conference and reviewed the case with the folks that were there. That in itself could have prompted the connection. No, I don't have a link but, that's what was written here at some point.

As far as the article goes, it could have been a slip. <modsnip> Unless something happened after the shooting, which is possible, I don't think it occurred. The killer clearly knows there were other people in the area as well as houses. That sounds too risky to me. As much as we think the person is an idiot. Course DN probably doesn't have an IQ above 85.

I'm on board with it being DN. That sketch and other things line up way too close. I'm having a hard time with how accurate the sketch is. When have you ever seen that? And from witnesses that saw him multiple months before? Think about it, that would be tough. I wouldn't remember some moron walking down the street. Especially in that detail. Maybe it was from someone that picked up a hitch hiker and spent time in the car with them. I don't think that's enough to lead to a successful prosecution but it would be a great witness to have.

Maybe KN has already helped PD with details and they're building their case. And she's running her mouth trying to save face. Maybe she'll turn states witness. I'm not overly impressed with her anyways. I mean, she knows DN's past, I'd assume and she married the guy. I'm pretty sure my wife would have never dated me with a past like that.

One last note... Again, no link, but I read an article recently where someone that knows DN said he had some type of leg issue. Maybe it was here that I read it, I don't remember. But I know I read it and it wasn't on "social media." Don't you think it's a bit odd as well that he only whispers or talks in a low voice in court. Now that I think about it, maybe his IQ is 90.

Good day.

Yes, DN seems like a close match, including the less common reddish brown hair, violent sexual tendencies, in IN near the time. Etc.
Why women go with these guys is baffling. Could be the guys are very good con artists at first. ‘I’m changed'. 'I met God'. Yadda yadda yadda. Catch the woman’s emotions, and then the woman can’t see the forest for the trees. Don’t know if that cliche exactly fits, but it sounded good. But you know what I mean.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Suspect vs POI: This is referencing Richard Jewell who was falsely named in a high profile case many years back. It makes sense to me. Maybe it will help clarify to a degree[emoji4]
“The lesson the police and press gleaned from the Jewell debacle, however, was not the right one. They should have learned that prematurely naming suspects is a really bad idea - as is suggesting that suspects must have been named because there's strong evidence against them.”

But what the police and press learned, instead, was simply that using the loaded term "suspect" opens the door to potential legal liability.

Thus, a euphemism was born. After all, calling someone a "person of interest" doesn't suggest official suspicion or evidence of guilt.”
http://supreme.findlaw.com/legal-co...o-use-the-person-of-interest-designation.html

Good day.

It does seem odd that the sheriff was out there in Colorado, and presented the case at a police conference, and this oddball from Indiana shows up in the area of the bicyclist’s murder. It can’t be that easy, right?

DN’s wife, or GF, gave an explanation for why they left Indiana for Colorado. It was odd, too, and there so much violence in DN’s family.

It may be all or nothing at all.

If DN was suspected of being involved in the Delphi girls’ murders, the FBI would be involved and have a heavy presence in both cases. Not hearing anything about that at all. IMO

It does seem odd that the sheriff was out there in Colorado, and presented the case at a police conference, and this oddball from Indiana shows up in the area of the bicyclist&#8217;s murder. It can&#8217;t be that easy, right?

DN&#8217;s wife, or GF, gave an explanation for why they left Indiana for Colorado. It was odd, too, and there so much violence in DN&#8217;s family.

It may be all or nothing at all.

If DN was suspected of being involved in the Delphi girls&#8217; murders, the FBI would be involved and have a heavy presence in both cases. Not hearing anything about that at all. IMO

True, but wasn't the FBI involved with Delphi because an Agent lived nearby. Maybe they are involved with the forensics and don't know it. I mean, who knows. But, yeah, ultimately you're right. It is odd.

Good day.

Great post.

True, but wasn't the FBI involved with Delphi because an Agent lived nearby. Maybe they are involved with the forensics and don't know it. I mean, who knows. But, yeah, ultimately you're right. It is odd.

There are coincidences but this would have to be a coincendent that defies astronomical odds. All that to say, who knows? It could be.

I know the lingering of this case is tough on those following, but has to be even tougher for the families, who matter most.

Suspect vs POI: This is referencing Richard Jewell who was falsely named in a high profile case many years back. It makes sense to me. Maybe it will help clarify to a degree[emoji4]
&#8220;The lesson the police and press gleaned from the Jewell debacle, however, was not the right one. They should have learned that prematurely naming suspects is a really bad idea - as is suggesting that suspects must have been named because there's strong evidence against them.&#8221;

But what the police and press learned, instead, was simply that using the loaded term "suspect" opens the door to potential legal liability.

Thus, a euphemism was born. After all, calling someone a "person of interest" doesn't suggest official suspicion or evidence of guilt.
http://supreme.findlaw.com/legal-co...o-use-the-person-of-interest-designation.html

Thank you so much. That helps. I remember the case well.

Well it made national headlines again today, that's great exposure for the girls' case.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/2...s-indiana-teens-charged-in-colorado-case.html

From the link you posted:
Indiana investigators traveled to El Paso County, Colo., earlier this month and interviewed Nations, but found no information that would specifically &#8220;include or exclude&#8221; him as a possible suspect, according to FOX59.
(RBBM)

Does this mean he utilized his right to remain silent? Or that he was evasive or misleading? (Or it might not be him, but if he wasn&#8217;t remaining silent or being evasive or misleading, wouldn&#8217;t it be easier to rule him out?)

If DN isn&#8217;t BG, I hope the new national coverage leads to a tip on the real BG.

I doubt DN is talking...why would he? For me, whatever LE has to match up to a suspect did not match, jmo.

Good day.
Love this post!!! Thank you!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

His wife said he had one leg shorter than the other.

http://wishtv.com/2017/10/26/indian...l-flora-fire-investigation-smells-of-a-cover-
ISP responds to NAACP allegation that fatal Flora fire investigation &#8216;smells of a cover-up&#8217;

I hope that one day we can tell you what we know. I hope that one day I can look into the eyes of the person who killed four little girls and then explain to you what we knew and when, but criticize me all you want to &#8212; I&#8217;m not going to do it today for a number of reasons that all of you know because you&#8217;ve been around a long time.&#8221;

Carter held up a blue sticky note, calling the names of the four girls killed in the fire, in addition to those of the two girls found dead in Delphi in February. All six girls died in Carroll County, with less than three months between the incidents.

&#8220;We will stay in Delphi, as I told you months ago, until I am no longer the superintendent or not breathing. This is so very complicated, and even the inference that it&#8217;s about race is so very wrong. It&#8217;s never mattered to me and never will. The notion that we will not do everything in our power from the right and left limits of what we can do legally and morally and ethically is just simply wrong. I encourage the partnership with the folks who are in Indianapolis right now, with the NAACP,&#8221; Carter said.

In June, the Carroll County prosecutor asked investigators not to release any additional information to the public.

First Sgt. Jerry Holeman with the Indiana State Police said discussion about the case could impact the investigation.

I live in Southern Indiana. LE here tells me a POI is a suspect. But they say POI so as not to charge them until they are ready, if ever, to make the case. So it may be just semantics.

The differentiation is important. It is not just semantics. A POI might be a suspect. Or they could be a witness that LE feels like could add some vital information. Or they could be someone who knows something but doesn't know that they know something. Or they could have been involved in the crime without actually committing it. Or they could have had the crime committed on their land. (I will refrain from sharing the story of my relative who woke up to find police scouring his land for a dead body that had been buried on it 3 days before, because I have shared that story ad nasuem. Suffice to say, he was a POI and never declared a suspect because they knew who actually committed the crime.) There are many different things that a POI could be.

As "her" said, words and facts matter. I think it's important to distinguish, especially in this case where so much flase information is flying around.

Maybe someone can help me understand how a sketch artist can "depict a vibe".

I know that an artist can interpret an input and try to depict what he hears or sees, but I doubt he can show what another person feels unless that person acknowledges it so.

An artist can interpret what he himself hears or sees and convey that.

Some here have commented how the artist's sketch gave them a "vibe" - a feeling or impression.

That is what art has always done IMO.

When I worked with the sketch artist, they didn't ask me how HE looked so much as how I FELT.

THEM: Did you think he would let you go?
ME: No, he looked dead behind the eyes, like he wasn't even looking at me as a person.
THEM: Did you sense compassion?
ME: No, he appeared to be angry just at the fact that I was even on the street.
THEM: Did you get the sense that he was inebriated?
ME: Yes. His jaw was slack and he was stumbling, like he'd consumed a lot of alcohol. The pupils were fine and his eyes weren't wild or anything so I didn't get the feeling that he was on any uppers.

Etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member