IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IN LE were in CO for a conference and mentioned the Delphi case. This happened before DN was arrested.

I don't have a link, but I do recall that tidbit. Someone will likely have a link.

jmo
It was a Sheriffs conference IIRC.

I agree with that too. I may not have been clear because I often find it difficult to express myself in type.

ETA:I can't rule him in based on the sketch but I can't rule him out based on all the circumstantial coincidences that we can tie him too. But I would agree with another poster that there is a distinct difference in the "vibe" between BG and DN. In all of DN's mugs (and there are many) he always has that 'overclocked', 'deer-in-the-headlights', look like he had too much coffee/energy drinks/coke.

The BG sketch (and there is only one) has a scarier look - a feel that this poker faced, calculating dude has locked eyes on me and won't let go.

JMO

I keep looking at the mug shot of DN and the artist rendition of BG. While there are certainly similarities I think the one thing that keeps throwing me is the difference it makes me feel. BG artist rendition shows more of an arrogance imo while DN mug shots shows more of a goofiness imo. Hard as I try they just give me completely different vibes.

In total agreement with both of you. Such a distinct difference in 'vibes' given off between DN and the sketch.

There is a lot of circumstantial evidence surrounding DN that can't be easily discounted. The biggest obstacle for me though is exactly as described by the posters above.

That goofiness and deer-in-the-headlights look of DN, versus the calculating, smug arrogance in the sketch.

I said myself though in an earlier post that the sketch is based on someone else's memories. The weight of that fact which should be considered too, I would guess.

( By the way too, Steleheart, there's no problem with how you express yourself. The meanings in your posts are clear. You're fine. )

JMO

Re: latest mugshot. DN is raising his eyebrows to the point it creates wrinkles in his forehead. This alters his eyes. Brows are more arched, eyes more open, area between lid and brow gets a bit taut. If he weren't doing that his eyes would be more similar to the sketch IMO. (I'm not 100% convinced he's BG, but as things emerge I lean more heavily that way, and this latest mugshot was another 'wow' moment.)

It's not the first time he's done something like that (raised brows, chin out, head tilt) for a photo.
If he's deliberately attempting to alter his face for a mugshot it seems plausible he'd try to alter his appearance for a crime.

This next part seemed a silly notion to me at first, but after reading up a little maybe it's not. I've been thinking about DN's protruding ears. And how we humans will take steps to camouflage what we perceive as flaws. So I wondered if there's something out there nonsurgical, aside from the obvious hat/hair tricks, that people use to conceal protruding ears. Yes. Double-faced tape. Apparently it's not uncommon at all among people who feel self-conscious. ("Taping" is considered a traditional nonsurgical method used on children's ears that protrude.) So, it could be possible if DN is BG that he taped his protruding ears and/or hid them with a hat/hoodie in an attempt to hide that feature. MOO

I'm sorry but he's not a Suspect.
He is a Person of Interest.

Thank you. Earlier, in another post, someone said that it was "semantics." It's really not; they really are different things.

IN LE were in CO for a conference and mentioned the Delphi case. This happened before DN was arrested.

I don't have a link, but I do recall that tidbit. Someone will likely have a link.

jmo

Good to know, I must have missed the link to the Conference. I am dense that way.

So who exactly
"arrived in Colorado to interview Daniel Nations
" http://www.wndu.com/content/news/Po...orado-linked-to-Delphi-murders-448392673.html

Would love a link that tells me no other IN Law Enforcement Personnel came out there because they were already there?
Just askin' to clarify because if additional personnel came out that would be significant but if no additional personnel came then that would indicate NBD.

Such situation might make that wndu story look like Fluffernutter. KWIM?

JMO

TANKS!

I've been hovering about 70% certainty that DN is BG. I keep finding reasons that he's not, then balance back the other way that he is.

There have been so many men presented here that could be BG over the last several months, a dozen at least, maybe more. Some posters have been very insistent that a picture, or circumstances, confirm that their candidate must be BG.

Often I just don't see it. I've never been able to see what many see in the BG video stills. And while I can see a resemblance of the sketch to BG, it's not a "definite" for me.

But I"m going to be one of those posters now, because I saw a picture a while back that just struck me, wow, that's BG based on the video stills.

Impossible, because he is and has been in prison for a long time.

He's DN's uncle.

When I saw this pic, I saw DN. They look so much alike. And to me, this is how I imagine BG.

So, after scoffing at others' BG pictures, I found my "BG picture." JJC looks like BG, and like DN, therfore, in a convoluted flawed way, that puts more weight on my "DN is BG" scale.

Again, not possible for DN's uncle to be BG, he is in prison.

http://www.blueridgenow.com/news/20031216/murder-defendant-claims-self-defense

This is why witnesses aren't always the most reliable. Everyone does see things differently! Also, seeing a random person, you might not take notice of things, like where their ears are in relation to the bridge of their nose or even the correct color of eyes. Many factors play into what people remember. Were they under stress, feeling threatened, a witness to a crime or just out for a nice walk?

Sketches are for general features, some are better than others due to the artitst and the ability of the witness to describe and remember details.

Good to know, I must have missed the link to the Conference. I am dense that way.

So who exactly " http://www.wndu.com/content/news/Po...orado-linked-to-Delphi-murders-448392673.html

Would love a link that tells me no other IN Law Enforcement Personnel came out there because they were already there?
Just askin' to clarify because if additional personnel came out that would be significant but if no additional personnel came then that would indicate NBD.

JMO

TANKS!

From what I recall and can’t find a link to at the moment, Sheriff Leazenby was at a Sheriffs convention not long (don’t recall the timeframe) before DN was arrested outside the pawn shop, and Sheriff L had already returned to Delphi when the arrest was made and CO LE contacted IN LE. Then the ISP went out for the interview(s) with “the people they needed to talk to”.

If this is inaccurate, someone feel free to jump in and correct me.

Sketches are for general features, some are better than others due to the artitst and the ability of the witness to describe and remember details.

When I worked with a sketch artist, it was done through a computer. The sketch wasn't actually hand drawn, like they show on television. It was done through a software program.

I can see BG as DN's bullying, controlling big brother who does noogies as well as broken wrists, dislocated shoulder while abusing (...) his little brother who's mother took to drinking just after BG was born. (some have mentioned FAS - there are different levels)

DN ended up needing an extension of his manhood, ie; a hatchet, a rifle, or exposing. Never measuring up to his abuser but always causing harm nonetheless.

JMO

In total agreement with both of you. Such a distinct difference in 'vibes' given off between DN and the sketch.

There is a lot of circumstantial evidence surrounding DN that can't be easily discounted. The biggest obstacle for me though is exactly as described by the posters above.

That goofiness and deer-in-the-headlights look of DN, versus the calculating, smug arrogance in the sketch.

I said myself though in an earlier post that the sketch is based on someone else's memories. The weight of that fact which should be considered too, I would guess.

( By the way too, Steleheart, there's no problem with how you express yourself. The meanings in your posts are clear. You're fine. )

JMO
BBM Just my opinion, but I think the calculating/menacing expression of BG in the Composite Sketch is how he would have appeared to any witnesses on the trail that day...because, imho, he was armed and on the hunt for vulnerable victim(s)...feeling pumped/strong.

And then you have mugshots of DN which don't look as menacing/calculating. That's understandable, imo.

JMO

BBM:

We can imagine how the weight of any encounter - of any memory, looking back as to what happened after, and weighing that as well - would give pause to anyone struggling with it, trying to put it all in perspective, with all the self doubt and news bombardment...

In my heart of hearts I think the FBI sketch artists have more insight to the emotional aspect of witnesses coming forward after some time as opposed to immediately after en event.
I'm no psychologist and I don't portend to be able to understand people and their emotions, but I try to understand, listen, consider...

Oh and some of you are just too kind to this old guy, LOL

JMO

BBM Just my opinion, but I think the calculating/menacing expression of BG in the Composite Sketch is how he would have appeared to any witnesses on the trail that day...because, imho, he was armed and on the hunt for vulnerable victim(s)...feeling pumped/strong.

And then you have mugshots of DN which don't look as menacing/calculating. That's understandable, imo.

I wonder how he looked to the people on the other end of his hatchet.

The same but JMO :)

Slightly O/T
Unfortunately it’s not uncommon to hear gunfire in earshot of an inner city area either. I used to hear gunshots daily. And nightly. The “dividing line” between the good and bad sections was 6 blocks away.

I agree. I used to live in a major city and heard gunfire fairly regularly. My husband and I were so naive we thought it was fireworks until we climbed on our roof one day when we had a leak. There was a bullet up there. And then right after that someone was shot in the head while they were walking down the street in broad daylight, right around the corner from our house.

Maybe you can speak to the topic of a sketch artist depicting a “ vibe” from a suspect image rather than just facial features (shape of face, eyes, mouth, brow etc) and adding any pertinent details such as scars, moles, tattoos etc. TIA

So who exactly " http://www.wndu.com/content/news/Po...orado-linked-to-Delphi-murders-448392673.html

JMO

TANKS!

If you click the link Area 52 quoted above and keep scrolling down you will find the bit about Tobe being at a sheriff's conference some time before and talking about the Delphi murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice