IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure the sound of gun shots would have alarmed anyone in that region but jmo.
And in the TW case, gunshots were a common event, hikers often having to duck IIRC. I wonder how common gunshots were around the bridge? It is private property around it after all.

And in the TW case, gunshots were a common event, hikers often having to duck IIRC. I wonder how common gunshots were around the bridge? It is private property around it after all.

I can't believe people hear guns and it's a normal event. I've never heard a gun before (other than tv)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s likely to have put some weight on since he’s being fed in jail and not using.

I've honestly never seen anything like it before, were one person can look so different in each mugshot. For the last few days I've been pretty convinced that DN isn't connected to these killings, partially because he looks nothing like BG in Libby's videos and then this mugshot comes along and he looks almost exactly like how I always imagined the man in the video stills would look like.

I really wish we had some idea of when he's going to either be charged or cleared. The wait is getting torturous

You know, that mug shot is the first time I've seen BG in DN. I don't think the sketch looks anything like him at all, and I am on the fence about the image (it's so indistinctive that I think it could be anyone), but this particular mugshot DOES resemble both of those fairly well.

I can't believe people hear guns and it's a normal event. I've never heard a gun before (other than tv)

I live in the mountains and we hear them several times a day. Lots of coyotes, snakes, and vermin around here. And then, of course, there's hunting season. My husband and I enjoy target practice ourselves. Still, unless you're used to the sound of gunfire, it can easily be mistaken for something else. If someone was in the park that day and heard it, it's entirely possible that a) it didn't register to them since they're used to hearing it or b) they mistook it for something else.

I don't know how common they are around there NOW, but when I was growing up and hanging out at the park and bridge, you did hear them from time to time. I remember going out there when I was around 11 and my cousin joking that we should "wear reflectors 'cause it's hunting season."

http://www.krdo.com/news/crime/el-p...co-amid-double-murder-investigation/644955085

Man charged with menacing in El Paso Co. amid double murder investigation

A further new pic of DN.

I still see differences which other's are not seeing, I know, But I am coming out of lone wolf hollow just to say once again the only similarities I see are 2 eyes, a nose and a goatee, which are only slightly similar.

DN's ears fall on a line between the bottoms of his eyes and the top of his mouth. They are large, low on his head and stick out.
BG's ears fall between the top of his eyes and the bottom of his nose. They are smaller and higher on his head and are closer.

BG's face is more oval and shows a stronger chin line under his ears.
DN's face is rounder and his chin line is about even with his ears.

DN's eyes are round and far apart.
BG's eyes are hooded and far apart.

DN's nose shows a flat and long bridge with narrow nostrils.
BG's nose shows a flat and long bridge with wider nostrils.

All JMO

That hollow is mighty crowded. The rest of us simply aren't opining.

I still see differences which other's are not seeing, I know, But I am coming out of lone wolf hollow just to say once again the only similarities I see are 2 eyes, a nose and a goatee, which are only slightly similar.

DN's ears fall on a line between the bottoms of his eyes and the top of his mouth. They are large, low on his head and stick out.
BG's ears fall between the top of his eyes and the bottom of his mouth. They are small and higher on his head and are closer.

All JMO

BG's ears fall between the top of his eyes and the bottom of his nose. They are smaller and higher on his head and are closer.

All JMO[/QUOTE

Respectfully, Steleheart, I can totally understand what you are saying, but the fact that the mugshot is being compared to a "Sketch" and not a photograph, in my opinion, gives a lot more leeway for the comparison. I myself see a strong comparison between the BG photo and one of the DN mugshots because of his chin. The shape of the chin jumps out at me, but I guess we all see different things, which is fine, but I would absolutely expect a sketch to differ from an actual photo on many of the finer points. MOO

All JMO

I am one who never thought RL looked like BG. DN looks just like the sketch. Same chin, mouth, eyes, jaws.

I agree, hiker. I think the "twist" is simply that they got the suspect on video. I think the original quote, often misquoted and taken out of context, was a throwaway comment and in reference to the video image they had. Leazenby said that he'd never seen a "twist" like this before, and I truly believe he was referring to the imagery. It makes sense, since most murder victims don't actually get pictures/videos of their killers during the act (or even right before). My opinion, of course.

If if they have the suspect on video, must not be DN or he would have been charged immediately. Can't deny it when there is a video of you murdering someone. I still believe DN is a suspect so there must be more to the twist.

I've honestly never seen anything like it before, were one person can look so different in each mugshot. For the last few days I've been pretty convinced that DN isn't connected to these killings, partially because he looks nothing like BG in Libby's videos and then this mugshot comes along and he looks almost exactly like how I always imagined the man in the video stills would look like.

I really wish we had some idea of when he's going to either be charged or cleared. The wait is getting torturous

He really is a chameleon, isn’t he? The one mug I’ve seen where he’s clean shaven he looks like a completely different person! That may partially be due to him weighing more at the time of that mug but the facial hair vs lack of facial hair really changes his looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

All JMO

Respectfully, Steleheart, I can totally understand what you are saying, but the fact that the mugshot is being compared to a "Sketch" and not a photograph, in my opinion, gives a lot more leeway for the comparison. I myself see a strong comparison between the BG photo and one of the DN mugshots because of his chin. The shape of the chin jumps out at me, but I guess we all see different things, which is fine, but I would absolutely expect a sketch to differ from an actual photo on many of the finer points. MOO
Oh I get that and I see the front of the chin as slightly similar as can be seen in DN's other mugs. But when you look at the jawlines DN seems to have no lower Mandible back by his ears.
Everything he eats must explode in his eardrums, IMO.

But while we cannot post side by side comparisons, I try to look at articles where the both are compared.

To your greater point - comparing a hand done sketch to actual photographs - I get that. I will be more than happy to admit, if DN is charged, that the sketch was inaccurate. Many sketches end up being inaccurate, as the many cases we follow show.

But in the basic proportions, a talented sketch artist knows what questions to ask as to shape of head, (round, egg) , relationship of ears (low on the head, high, stick out),in addition to width of eyes compared to lips, etc. Then they will show the witness what they have and correct as needed.

It's only as good as the witness in the end. So all I did was show differences in basic proportions.

BG has thin lips. Similar to my own. But DN has pencil, down turned lips that look like eyebrows that were shaved and then drawn on :)

Anyone would remember those "protruding ears" on DN if they ever had them or knew of a child who was teased because of them. And so low on his head.

IMO these are basic but glaring differences to me.

I appreciate the feedback. Thanks much A52.

Also, just to reiterate - we are not allowed to post side-by-side comparisons or altered images of the sketch/ pics released by LE.

All :cow:

I am one who never thought RL looked like BG. DN looks just like the sketch. Same chin, mouth, eyes, jaws.
I'm in that camp with you. I would be interested in hearing if anyone who thought BG was RL now think BG is DN. Anyone in that camp?

Ps. I am not only going by sketch but also by video still showing height, gait (gif) , walking with head down, layers of clothes, thrift shop attire, ears not visible in stills. Then putting that with the reported anger issues, DV, RSO status, constant skipping away from court, homeless status yet with access to vehicles, there is too much that fits the profile. I accept there is much still to be done by LE (weapons, vehicles, alibi, phones etc) but it seems obvious to me they have found nothing yet with which they can rule him out. They are even putting it on his court documents. We never saw that with RL. AJMO.

Me too but in some states I guess it is common.

I completely agree with you. We've been told the sketch is based on the memories of a witness or witnesses. ( That was not clarified whether one or more. )

Memories are not perfect.

I don't know whether DN is BG, but I wouldn't rule him out because he didn't match the 'sketch' on every feature...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/18/us/delphi-murders-indiana-sketch.html

ETA: ( Link added regarding statement about sketch. )

JMO

That hollow is mighty crowded. The rest of us simply aren't opining.

And BTW I would like to give a :greetings: to any member who feels that their differing opinion results in bickering, disrespect, etc.

Those type of posts are against TOS.

Mods have made that clear and the rules make it clear. If anyone has forgotten where the Rules can be reviewed check my sig :seeya:

I completely agree with you. We've been told the sketch is based on the memories of a witness or witnesses. ( That was not clarified whether one or more. )

Memories are not perfect.

I don't know whether DN is BG, but I wouldn't rule him out because he didn't match the 'sketch' on every feature...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/18/us/delphi-murders-indiana-sketch.html

ETA: ( Link added regarding statement about sketch based on witness or witnesses. )

JMO

I agree with that too. I may not have been clear because I often find it difficult to express myself in type.

ETA:I can't rule him in based on the sketch but I can't rule him out based on all the circumstantial coincidences that we can tie him too. But I would agree with another poster that there is a distinct difference in the "vibe" between BG and DN. In all of DN's mugs (and there are many) he always has that 'overclocked', 'deer-in-the-headlights', look like he had too much coffee/energy drinks/coke.

The BG sketch (and there is only one) has a scarier look - a feel that this poker faced, calculating dude has locked eyes on me and won't let go.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members