IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #73

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to wonder if the reason DN left Indiana was because he got wind of LE asking around about him, it would not surprise me if his name came up as a certain profile . even though he was not in Delphi I am sure they were stretching out their investigation and widening their net. i wonder if he got spooked. The cops would know, they would know if they were his motivation..they would know the timing.

You know I think Daniels wide eyed looks are misleading. they keep you from imagining him as cunning.

but it looks to me like KN and DN want the media's attention, will talk to outsiders, and I hope he does talk , from what we know his favorite tale is his tale of woe, so I hope they give him all the time he needs to tell his story. Every one will want to hear it, we will, the media will, the FBI, they will..

Daniel Nations, media star . this oughta be good.

Good point on the wide eyed look, its one of the basic things to look for when you are trying to detect lying.
The lying person looks wide eyed with ridges on the forehead, in an attempt to appear younger and innocent.

What I could find out about DN’s brother, and the reason KN says they left IN for CO.

DN’s brother, Edward Lyles, obituary:
https://obittree.com/obituary/us/co...s/shrine-of-remembrance/edward-lyles/2829019/

The Colorado Springs Gazette reports that arrest documents say 39-year-old Edward Eugene Lyles was beaten after seeking shelter in a neighbor's tent when his own caught fire.

Police say he was taken to a local hospital and treated for head trauma. Lyles died of his injuries on Tuesday.

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...olorado-springs-first-2017-homicide/96493834/

Matthew Allen Stroker pleaded guilty Thursday to reckless manslaughter and second-degree assault in the January death of 39-year-old Edward Lyles. Stroker was immediately sentenced after entering the guilty plea.

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Ma...er-assault-in-Colorado-Springs-410337155.html

So far, I get why DN drug his young family to CO. Poor judgement, but there is this.
DN's brother died a week after the attack in Jan 2017. The killer got 16 years on the 14th Sept- the same day TW was shot and went missing. I wonder if DN had the car and went to the court that day?

I wonder if you can hop a train from the Camby homeless camp to the Delphi area? .. then hitch hike back?

I have always thought there were two people that did this crime .. and IMO Nations just doesn’t seem smart enough to pull this off on his own. Someone with more savvy and sneakiness planned this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DN may hitch rides to be doing something, and some days to keep warm. Zionsville would be one logical place for his to go. Its easy to see that he might keep conversation from a ride going for another hour and continue up the road to Lafayette / Delpi area.

DN's brother died a week after the attack in Jan 2017. The killer got 16 years on the 14th Sept- the same day TW was shot and went missing. I wonder if DN had the car and went to the court that day?

I have trouble envisioning DN voluntarily walking into a courthouse but I can see him sending in KN. I have trouble accessing the Gazette, sometimes it will allow me to see articles, other times not. But I'm pretty positive this is the article that says DN's brother and the man who kicked him were actually friends, and that he was very remorseful. Still, the short sentence could've set DN off and he went after TW later that day on the mountain, IF he's related to the death of TW.
http://gazette.com/colorado-springs...th-of-friend-in-homeless-camp/article/1611188

DN may hitch rides to be doing something, and some days to keep warm. Zionsville would be one logical place for his to go. Its easy to see that he might keep conversation from a ride going for another hour and continue up the road to Lafayette / Delpi area.
Certainly being homeless in Indiana in February cannot have been easy. Traveling to find work and keep warm would have been a priority. What date did he move to the motel with KN? DWK that exactly? It was some sort of free program I think she said.

Since he did construction here ( Zionsville) I’ve been asking all of my customers that are in that type of business if they knew him.

So far no go

DN has so many addresses on records it's mind boggling. I made a list. Below is just the 6 month period before/after Feb 2017. I left out the house number portion of addresses.

11/01/2016 Martinsville, IN
Misc, Probation/Comm. Corr./Drug Court Fees, his address on docket is E Morgan ST Martinsville, IN 46151

11/17/2016 Martinsville, IN
Poss of marijuana+paraphernalia, operating a MV without ever receiving a license. His address on docket is E Morgan ST, Martinsville, IN 46151

12/27/16 Indianapolis, IN
Eviction of DN/KN, his address on docket listed as W Regent ST Indianapolis, IN 46241 (01/11/17 possession returned to plaintiff. Plaintiff that filed eviction has same last name as those that helped him with a place to stay after he was living under a bridge, sleeping in their son's car, then he later broke into their house. They parted ways but saw him right after the girls' murders. )
https://www.wthr.com/article/state-...o-interview-person-of-interest-in-delphi-case

01/31/2017 Royal Inn, Indianapolis.
MSM Article: "Nations had registered as a sex offender in Morgan County on January 31 as a homeless person living at the Royal Inn in Indianapolis." (Royal Inn address is on N High School Rd., Indianapolis)
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...in-the-murders-of-libby-abby-in-delphi?page=2

Feb-April 9, 2017. Under a RR bridge, Camby, IN
Exact dates undocumented. Don't know when he left the Royal Inn. Youtube interviewer asks about 'down in Morgan Co' (concluding when DN checked in 1/31-3/28/17) if KN she knew what bridge DN said he was staying under at the time he said he was homeless. KN says he was living under a bridge south of the Walmart on Rt 67, Camby, IN. (Bridge crosses White Lick Creek.) KN picked him up there once or twice so he could visit with his daughter while they were separated. 34:24 mark in youtube interview. Also KN has said she and DN watched news of girls' murder, we don't know where.

02/24-02/28/2017: Incarcerated, Morgan Co IN jail

04/10/2017 Greenwood, IN
Per MSM article: Nations registered as a sex offender in Johnson County on April 10 with an address at the InTown Suites in Greenwood.
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...in-the-murders-of-libby-abby-in-delphi?page=2

04/18/17 Chesnee, SC
Petition for Child Support, his address on docket is Reynolds Road Chesnee, SC 29323

4/25/17 Indianapolis & Greenwood
Driving while suspended + possession of paraphernalia, his address on docket is W Regent ST Indianapolis, IN 46241 (DN evicted from that address possession given back to owner 1/11/2017)
But this police/fire blotter for arrest for these incidents listed his address as E. Main St., Greenwood (InTown Suites) http://www.dailyjournal.net/2017/04/27/police_fire__april_27-2/

5/12/2017: Left for Colorado "Court records note Daniel's failure to register and show he left the hotel on May 12" http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...-nations-involved-delphi-homicides/788115001/

Think that covers it. I don't know how anyone can keep track of him. I'm curious what he uses for ID for address, especially when pulled over. Fake? Nothing? He didn't have a license. The 11/17/2016 incident he was "Knowingly or Intentionally Operating Motor Vehicle w/o Ever Receiving a License".

Source of addresses on dockets: https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase/#/vw/Search

KN said he was living under the Camby bridge (1 hr 20 minutes from Delphi). I have also read that sometimes employers pick up workers from these homeless camps so it is not too big a stretch he may have been picked up for construction work or similar towards Lafayette/Delphi/Kokomo way. Or he may have driven the car he was sleeping in. MOO
I STILL vividly recall reading of many men oft standing outside by the road out front of a (Mears?) property back in Feb and it was surmised BG could have come from among them. Could DN (or whomever is BG) have picked up some day labor there? (and/or would RL, venturing out to or returning home from Transfer station or from Lafayette fish shop, have given him a lift to or from a part of the journey between Camby bridge & Delphi?) Or DN/?BG? was looking for work which brought him that way?

I wonder if you can hop a train from the Camby homeless camp to the Delphi area? .. then hitch hike back?

I have always thought there were two people that did this crime .. and IMO Nations just doesn’t seem smart enough to pull this off on his own. Someone with more savvy and sneakiness planned this.

Hello, hoping to disagree in a friendly tone. I've not ever thought this was carefully planned. Unsure, still, if DN will be suspect, or not. However, the amount of incidents in which he has been violently out of control, toward people and an animal is a serious concern. Maybe eluding LE isn't about smart enough; perhaps his life is so unaccountable that he slips through the cracks in different states, timeframes, and interactions with others.

DN has so many addresses on records it's mind boggling. I made a list. Below is just the 6 month period before/after Feb 2017. I left out the house number portion of addresses.

List snipped by me for space

What is the point of posting this list?

Since he did construction here ( Zionsville) I’ve been asking all of my customers that are in that type of business if they knew him.

So far no go

If one of them asnwers yes what then? Would you post a name and address here?

JMO
If one of them answers “yes” then Scarlett12 should either urge the customer to contact the Abby/Libby tipline to inform them DN was in the immediate area, or Scarlett12 should contact the Abby/Libby tipline herself and give them the information.

JMO
If one of them answers “yes” then Scarlett12 should either urge the customer to contact the Abby/Libby tipline to inform them DN was in the immediate area, or Scarlett12 should contact the Abby/Libby tipline herself and give them the information.

Or also, find out if the people she knows know who would hire the workers at the Mears property.

I noticed there seemed to be at least one direct instance of 'misinformation', call it what you will..... but she was asked, or at least she specified as to when the couple left IN and went to CO.. and this timeline was off. Not sure what would be the point of different dates. Is there a reason why KN would not want to admit having left IN, or being in CO, sooner than what she said in the 'interview'?

There appeared to be some discrepancies. The list will be useful to check against what KN has said and anything DN may say if he is interviewed.

@kizzy - TY and correct me if I am wrong and you're putting it together for some other reason I don't know about.

I've seen the trains go through Delphi and I have a difficult time believing that someone would be able "hop" one and hop back off, as has been suggested. Especially someone with a bummed leg, as KN has suggested that DN has.

Hello, hoping to disagree in a friendly tone. I've not ever thought this was carefully planned. Unsure, still, if DN will be suspect, or not. However, the amount of incidents in which he has been violently out of control, toward people and an animal is a serious concern. Maybe eluding LE isn't about smart enough; perhaps his life is so unaccountable that he slips through the cracks in different states, timeframes, and interactions with others.

Thanks, M. Kay! I agree. Many years ago I was the victim of a crime that killed a young friend of mine and left me severely injured. Although there were many witnesses to the incident, no one could provide more than a rough description of the perpetrator, and the car he was driving had been reported stolen and was never recovered after the incident—likely taken to a black market “chop shop” immediately to be dismantled and sold for parts.

Despite many witnesses and many public pleas for information, the case almost immediately went cold for six months or so, until a police informant working on a drug case was informed by a crackhead/prostitute that she knew who the perpetrator was.

After the informant notified detectives, it took them quite a while to even locate this woman to interview her. (I think of this often when posters say, “If LE really thought DN was BG, they would’ve nabbed him immediately! They would’ve just gone and picked him up! He never would’ve made it as far as Colorado!” Well, sorry guys, unfortunately that’s not always how criminal investigations work in the real world.)

Once they did, she was able to provide detectives with unpublished details of the crime that led them to believe she was really present when it occurred and really did know who the perpetrator was. Then, once again, it took quite a while to locate him. You see, as the lead detective explained to me, these people don’t live the same kind of lives that the rest of us do. They don’t have coworkers and permanent addresses, leases and voter registrations. They don’t file tax returns, they don’t drive registered cars, they’re not guaranteed to show up at their mom’s on her birthday with a present. Often they have burner phones. They truly do live beneath the surface of civilized society. They are notoriously difficult to trace.

Anyway, in the end the prostitute recanted her testimony, implicated another person with a rap sheet a mile long who was involved with both herself and the perpetrator she originally named, and eventually disappeared off into the underworld. Charges had to be dropped against the alleged perpetrator and because very little evidence against him could be recovered. Really, there was just the car, which was never recovered, some cell phone records, and the unreliable testimony of a cracked-out hooker who had no real desire to cooperate with the justice system.

So whoever did it, got away with it. The case went cold again. The statute of limitations ran out. The investigators, prosecutors, my family and the family of the other victim were all convinced that the three people implicated and interviewed by investigators were the ones somehow involved. Believe me, these people were just as mean and conscienceless as DN, and probably not a whole lot smarter. I know we’ve all been captivated by the cases and movies and podcasts about criminal masterminds who leave investigators stumped by their brilliance, but the truth is, it doesn’t necessarily take that to get away with a crime in the real world. As other posters have said, and they are absolutely right, these drifter type people who live in the underworld, like DN, are awfully slippery. It’s not due to their own forethought or criminal smarts, it’s just the way these kind of things off and shake out.

A P.S. up front after typing comments below: Shiressleuth: yes, you are correct, I didn't point out the discrepancies and you caught them. :)

Mostly what prompted me to do it was someone had asked earlier where he was during a specific event (not the murders) and I had already noticed when reading articles or dockets some discrepancies in where he's been shown as living at certain times. So I made a list *shrug*.
I don't know if discrepancies are due to court error, or he's lied to authorities and they can't verify or how exactly it happens. One would think a court docket would not contain errors like that, but I don't know. His April 25th arrest shows an address that he was evicted from 3 months prior when he'd registered in Greenwood on 4/10, so why wasn't Greenwood address used? 4/18 docket shows Chesnee SC yet just a week before he'd registered in Greenwood, IN. Did he temporarily go back to Chesnee or was an old out of state address used? Then there's the undocumented homeless gap for most of Feb and March except for the brief jail time. He signed in once a week but in between those times he could've been with KN or under any number of bridges pretty much anywhere. Police were looking for him at the hotel in May and didn't find out till much later he was long gone.
The guy is a RSO. He seems to get mislocated or fall through cracks easily, and given the circumstances of why we're discussing him I find that unsettling.
We are allowed to sleuth DN. All the info I posted came from public record or MSM with the exception of the video interview however that was also specifically allowed. All are items we've discussed here previously. I'm unclear on if you have a problem with it?

I didn't state I had a problem. I asked what the reasoning was. You answered. I appreciate that.

A P.S. up front after typing comments below: Shiressleuth: yes, you are correct, I didn't point out the discrepancies and you caught them. :)

Mostly what prompted me to do it was someone had asked earlier where he was during a specific event (not the murders) and I had already noticed when reading articles or dockets some discrepancies in where he's been shown as living at certain times. So I made a list *shrug*.
I don't know if discrepancies are due to court error, or he's lied to authorities and they can't verify or how exactly it happens. One would think a court docket would not contain errors like that, but I don't know. His April 25th arrest shows an address that he was evicted from 3 months prior when he'd registered in Greenwood on 4/10, so why wasn't Greenwood address used? 4/18 docket shows Chesnee SC yet just a week before he'd registered in Greenwood, IN. Did he temporarily go back to Chesnee or was an old out of state address used? Then there's the undocumented homeless gap for most of Feb and March except for the brief jail time. He signed in once a week but in between those times he could've been with KN or under any number of bridges pretty much anywhere. Police were looking for him at the hotel in May and didn't find out till much later he was long gone.
The guy is a RSO. He seems to get mislocated or fall through cracks easily, and given the circumstances of why we're discussing him I find that unsettling.
We are allowed to sleuth DN. All the info I posted came from public record or MSM with the exception of the video interview however that was also specifically allowed. All are items we've discussed here previously. I'm unclear on if you have a problem with it?

11/01/2016 Martinsville, IN
Misc, Probation/Comm. Corr./Drug Court Fees, his address on docket is E Morgan ST Martinsville, IN 46151

11/17/2016 Martinsville, IN
Poss of marijuana+paraphernalia, operating a MV without ever receiving a license. His address on docket is E Morgan ST, Martinsville, IN 46151

12/27/16 Indianapolis, IN
Eviction of DN/KN, his address on docket listed as W Regent ST Indianapolis, IN 46241 (01/11/17 possession returned to plaintiff. Plaintiff that filed eviction has same last name as those that helped him with a place to stay after he was living under a bridge, sleeping in their son's car, then he later broke into their house. They parted ways but saw him right after the girls' murders. )
https://www.wthr.com/article/state-...o-interview-person-of-interest-in-delphi-case

01/31/2017 Royal Inn, Indianapolis.
MSM Article: "Nations had registered as a sex offender in Morgan County on January 31 as a homeless person living at the Royal Inn in Indianapolis." (Royal Inn address is on N High School Rd., Indianapolis)

Feb-April 9, 2017. Under a RR bridge, Camby, IN
Exact dates undocumented. Don't know when he left the Royal Inn. Youtube interviewer asks about 'down in Morgan Co' (concluding when DN checked in 1/31-3/28/17) if KN she knew what bridge DN said he was staying under at the time he said he was homeless. KN says he was living under a bridge south of the Walmart on Rt 67, Camby, IN. (Bridge crosses White Lick Creek.) KN picked him up there once or twice so he could visit with his daughter while they were separated. 34:24 mark in youtube interview. Also KN has said she and DN watched news of girls' murder, we don't know where.
<End snip>

Yet... supposedly she cant remember if she picked him up for her doctors appointment on the day of the murders.. at this bridge... yet knows she picked him up to see his daughter. Once or twice ONLY she went there. No mention in the Greeno interview about the “i cant remember if he went to the doctor with me”

Huh? I haven’t posted ANY addresses, thank you very much . Bless your heart.

No, but I’d post their thoughts of him, good or bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member