IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, in Colorado.
Also, there must be more to it. There are parents with custody of their kids who live in homeless shelters. So...?

Does anyone know what are the rules about him being around his own children if he is a sex offender?

So tomorrow and the 6th he has Teller county hearings with a current bond of £15k. Wonder if the judge will reduce that one? To get out he would have to post bond for both Teller and El Paso only to be arrested by Johnson county (Indiana) so it would be a waste of money actually. JMO.

Her facebook says she live in Indiana. Why would she be staying in Colorado if she doesn't know anybody? Would it be that when DN was arrested they immediately took the children and put them in protective custody in CO?

According to her interview, she left Indiana with DN and the children in May, and went to Colorado. They were homeless, and living in campsites and in the car until his arrest.

Exactly. But I can't see anything special about them. I'm missing something and it's driving me crazy.

Pardon me for coming out of left field with this. . . this is my wild speculation based on the BG bridge video still captures:

Early on, I had an impression that BG was dressed in layers like someone who was riding a bike; not for pleasure or sport, but because he maybe had no license/car but still needed some sort of transportation to/from work. That mysterious "white thing" around his neck. . . could that be a bike lock similar to this:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81DuDUvfOlL._AC_UL320_SR276,320_.jpg

Then again, if he did ride a bike to the trail that day, my assumption is the lock would be with the bike and not dangling around his neck. I don't know, just a thought.

:moo:

So tomorrow and the 6th he has Teller county hearings with a current bond of £15k. Wonder if the judge will reduce that one? To get out he would have to post bond for both Teller and El Paso only to be arrested by Johnson county (Indiana) so it would be a waste of money actually. JMO.

Are the charges in Johnson Co IN extraditable? If they are, then DN could be transferred to IN LE, right? If they are not, then no one can arrest him from IN until he sets foot back in that state, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree Lark. Living in a homeless shelter should not interfere with the custody of her children . There is more to it. MOO

Living in a homeless shelter is not an interference? Are you serious?

It is not a reason - alone - for parents to lose custody of their children. Being poor is not a crime. Losing one’s job is not a crime. Etc.
ETA: I am talking from a legal standpoint. I am not making any moral or social commentary here.

Does anyone know what are the rules about him being around his own children if he is a sex offender?

I’m very curious about this too. One reason I’ve had a very negative opinion of KN from the get-go is that she has an older child with a different father that is not in her custody. There’s a lot of information out there online, that is just rumor, about why. I’m not sure how much, if any, I believe, and obviously none of it is open for discussion here.

But what we do know for sure is that RSOs are NOT allowed to be around other people’s children. Thank heavens.

According to her interview, she left Indiana with DN and the children in May, and went to Colorado. They were homeless, and living in campsites and in the car until his arrest.

Thank you. Yes I am aware of this. However, her SM states that she lives in Indiana, so I assumed she returned there after his arrest. If her children are with DHS in Colorado then that would explain why she would still be there. Otherwise, I see no reason.

Are the charges in Johnson Co IN extraditable? If they are, then DN could be transferred to IN LE, right? If they are not, then no one can arrest him from IN until he sets foot back in that state, correct?

I guess it depends on the charges. I don't know, which is why I am mentioning it. I think it is the drug charges, the driving charges, the assault on KN in front of a child, and the failure to appear that are outstanding at present. If he gets out on bail in Colorado, can they require he stays in Co? What then happens to the In charges?

Living in a homeless shelter is not an interference? Are you serious?
Sorry I didn't explain my statement properly. If she was homeless, she and her children would be provided housing or shelter if some kind. Families are usually kept together and are provided some sort of federal or state assistance, with food stamps or housing. Becoming homeless doesn't necessitate having your children taken away.. There must be other circumstances that led to her children becoming wards of the state.

But what we do know for sure is that RSOs are NOT allowed to be around other people’s children. Thank heavens.

Snipped for focus

Please cite your source. I'd like to know exactly where this information comes from. Thank you.

No, in Colorado.
Also, there must be more to it. There are parents with custody of their kids who live in homeless shelters. So...?

I'm going to go out on a limb here: Her husband is a non-registered SO, a convicted felon, in possession of a firearm, expired tags on a car, living in a tent, menacing people with a hatchet, no visible means of support. Sigh.

Although registered sex offenders cannot generally hold jobs that require them to be around children (such as teaching positions), they are still allowed to be around other people's children in general settings, like movie theaters, stores, shopping malls, amusement parks, etc. In addition, it depends upon their crime and charges as to what their actual restrictions are.

Not all RSO are violent. There are many, MANY reasons why people can end up on that list. I look at each individual case in a subjective way, rather than lumping them all in together.

I don’t get it all.

Early in the case, I had a dream of a lone wolf stalking two deer on a trail. It has never left me. DN is like that, to me (and IMO).

At the same time, DN is lingering too long in CO to seem a viable suspect in Delphi.

The window for his opportunity to have been in Delphi seems to becoming more far fetched, too.

He may have been at the ultrasound appt with his wife on Feb 13- she can’t remember. If he wasn’t with her there, he was out living under a bridge somewhere near Delphi (near is speculative, but between a one and two hour drive from Delphi).

The next day, the same day the girls’ bodies were found, he checks in as scheduled for his RSO appointment. Not sure where or whom he is checking in with, but he checked in.

There are so many holes... nothing is coming together.

I'm going to go out on a limb here: Her husband is a non-registered SO, a convicted felon, in possession of a firearm, expired tags on a car, living in a tent, menacing people with a hatchet, no visible means of support. Sigh.

Well, yes, lol. All good reasons. BUT, he’s in jail. I was wondering why custody hasn’t been granted to HER. She hasn’t been convicted of any crimes, right?
Perhaps, the authorities feel the children are safer in system care right now, for whatever reason. We just aren’t privy to the reasons why custody has not been returned to the mother.

Updated docket. The hearing re: the children is tomorrow morning.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DN Docket 6.jpg
    DN Docket 6.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 303
Although registered sex offenders cannot generally hold jobs that require them to be around children (such as teaching positions), they are still allowed to be around other people's children in general settings, like movie theaters, stores, shopping malls, amusement parks, etc. In addition, it depends upon their crime and charges as to what their actual restrictions are.

Not all RSO are violent. There are many, MANY reasons why people can end up on that list. I look at each individual case in a subjective way, rather than lumping them all in together.

Just wanted to say thanks for writing such an informative post in response to me.

I know we all appreciate it when posters respond in a polite manner that adds to the discussion. I stand corrected.

Well, yes, lol. All good reasons. BUT, he’s in jail. I was wondering why custody hasn’t been granted to HER. She hasn’t been convicted of any crimes, right?
Perhaps, the authorities feel the children are safer in system care right now, for whatever reason. We just aren’t privy to the reasons why custody has not been returned to the mother.

It’s another oddity, and maybe why she put herself out there with the YouTube guys and the interview with the MSM. She’s playing the cards about her kids close to the vest.

There def is info the public isn’t privy, but the length of time since the media reported him as a POI until today seems long to me without any kind of filing in IN.

IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members